Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

In the Shadow [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

In the Shadow [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] EmptySun 12 Jan 2014 - 22:16

A monster rumbled along the Thunderpath, and for a moment Reedstar was awash in light. The great beast seemed to pay him no mind as it sped past, filling his ears with its terrible roar and buffeting his fur. Reedstar continued on his way and tried to keep his eyes ahead of him. The first couple of monsters that had passed had made him leap in surprise, but as each one passed he felt increasingly less on edge. It seemed as if they couldn't leave the path, for whatever reason. He was glad for that, at least.

Reedstar was terribly hungry, cold, and tired, but he kept walking. It wasn't as if he had much of a choice. He was on the ShadowClan side of the Thunderpath, and it was dark. I must make it to Highstones. Then I can rest. If they found them, they were of course obligated to let him pass unscathed for the journey to the Moonstone... but when had ShadowClan ever cared for the Code? They were the dark heart of the forest and couldn't be trusted to let such a valuable hostage just meander through their territory.

The joke is on you, ShadowClan. I'm worth nothing. RiverClan doesn't want me anymore. Reedstar could have laughed at the thought of Nightstar's face when Mapleclaw rejected her ransoming terms. It'd only be funny until they open my throat. Better let them think you were never here.

In the Shadow [CLOSED] I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

PostSubject: Re: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] EmptySun 12 Jan 2014 - 22:43

A small, silver shape stalked through the damp weeds of ShadowClan land, the body immaturely unbalanced and tail awkwardly sticking up in the air every now and then. She moved much more slowly than the warriors and elder apprentices of her clan, her paws still learning to be lithe and nimble, she crept around at a slow pace - only making slight noise every now and then; a brush of dead grass, the snap of a twig. Gingerheart had given her permission to practice her stealth outside of camp. The she-cat may have outstretched her boundries, just a bit, but hey - what Gingerheart didn't know wouldn't hurt her, right?

Mistpaw's ears flicked sharply at the sound of a loud rumble rushing by in the distance, along with an eerie bright light that had come and gone. She looked a bit surprised. Was this one of those monsters that her mentor had told her about? With stupid curiosity, the gray tabby continued to creep even closer to the hard, black streak of dirt. All was quiet still, though. It wasn't until something strange irked her senses. It was really hard to tell over the stench of the path, but she smelled another cat. One that wasn't from her clan, she was certain.

In surprise, she felt a cold chill run through her blood and felt the urge to flee back to camp, but what was panic was quickly replaced by adrenaline and curiosity. A bit eagerly, what sneaking skills she knew kicked in and she started chasing after the shape, keeping her distance but watching in good view; although it was far from perfect and there was a good chance she'd be caught, she couldn't help herself.

In the Shadow [CLOSED] PDt1Qqd In the Shadow [CLOSED] Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] EmptySun 12 Jan 2014 - 23:57

Reedstar continued, contemplating on what he would do once he arrived back at RiverClan, when suddenly... the stirring of reeds. He stopped in his tracks and perked his ears. Was that his tired mind playing tricks on him? Just a puff of wind? Reedstar growled and whirled around, tail lashing. In the dark, everything looked the same... but he could swear that he could see the shape of a cat in the distance. "Who's there?!" he barked.

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 0:45

The apprentice froze in her tracks as the former leader whipped around, shouting at seemingly nothing. She held her breath, wondering if she should start moving or not; would it be a good idea to back off, or would it be worth it to try and get closer? Oh, well, he wasn't a ShadowClan cat - that was for sure now - maybe she should scare him off, if she could? That's what a warrior would do? Mistpaw was eager to try, but not quite just yet. This was the first opportunity she had of seeing an outsider! She wanted to satisfy her curiosity more than she wanted to shoo an old cat away.
"I should ask you the same thing!" She shouted back, trying to sound older and tough, but it was slightly failing.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 1:00

Reedstar was surprised to hear a younger cat answer back. Just my luck. He wasn't in any shape to fight, that was for sure, but an apprentice was manageable. "Are you looking to get shredded?" he called back, trying to pinpoint exactly where the cat was, and if they had company. "Or are you going to hide in the dark forever? Go crawl back to the nursery before you get hurt."

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 1:20

Mistpaw's whiskers twitched. "I'm not going to get hurt!" she shouted back, "I wear the night like a second pelt! You're just a jealous frog-face!" She puffed her chest out a little at that. My, wouldn't Gingerheart be proud of her cunning wits? "What's your name?" The gray she-cat called before deciding to move again, swerving around in a curve, trying to get close to the older tom.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 1:49

"My name is none of your concern." he mewed, taking a couple of quiet steps towards the voice. I tried to warn you. Now you'll get your pelt torn off. Clawing an apprentice to ribbons wasn't exactly chivalrous, but he had to get to Highstones unmolested. "This is your last chance. Scat or get your first scars." Reedstar could easily make out her silhouette now. He lowered into a crouch and prepared to pounce. "Mallowroot will force deathberries down your throat if you end up in his den. Do you want that to happen?"

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 2:05

"Well, you're on my land." She rolled her eyes, thinking she'd like to know who waa on it. Mistpaw hadn't considered how out in the open she'd put herself, and thus wasn't afraid of his threats, though his last one threw her off a bit. "Mallowroot wouldn't do that, liar -" She paused suddenly, "Hey, so you are a clan cat after all!" The apprentice sat up a little straighter, the tip of her tail lashing excitedly. She took a few steps closer, trying to distinguish his scent. It didn't smell like the forest or the moor.
"Ew. RiverClan?"

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014 - 23:44

Reedstar clenched his teeth. I've had just about enough of you. As the apprentice took a few pawsteps forward, he could make out more details. Pale gray, white paws, green eyes. There was something familiar about her, though she was probably just some apprentice he'd seen at the last Gathering. That made him anxious. I can't let her recognize me.

With no more hesitation or warnings, he pounced onto the apprentice and grappled her, claws still sheathed. Despite his current weakness, it wasn't hard to drag her to the ground. He re-adjusted to hiss in the apprentice's ear. "Do you know what RiverClan does to its enemies?" he mewed in a firm and hushed voice. His eyes flickered to a nearby stagnant pool of water. "We give them up to the river and drown them, and let the current sweep them away. Do you want to be an enemy of RiverClan?"

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] EmptySun 19 Jan 2014 - 17:20

Mistpaw's eyes widened at once as she saw the dark shape make a leap for her, letting out a sound what sounded something between a squeak and a wail. "Gingerheart!" She screamed, her voice breaking as she was wrangled to the ground, her body suddenly ran cold. For whatever reason, she thought herself untouchable by this stranger. What an icy dose of reality that had it her. "No, please! I don't want to go to StarClan yet!" she pleaded. She tried to think of ways she could get away, but the she-cat was stumped. Making low sounds in her throat that sounded like crying, Mistpaw tried to wrangle away. "Is that what you did to my mother?" She didn't remember much of her mother, only told that she was murdered by a RiverClan cat.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] EmptySun 19 Jan 2014 - 17:54

Reedstar growled as she yowled out and pushed her face roughly into the cool mud. "Quiet!" he hissed. It would do no good for her to bring some patrol over. The warrior felt uncomfortable roughing and threatening an apprentice like this, but he had to, or else he'd have ShadowClan on his tail. Sorry, little one. Maybe this will teach you not to leave camp without permission. "If you want to live, you have to calm down and listen to what I have to say. Unless you want to yell out again and drown."

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] EmptySun 19 Jan 2014 - 18:08

Mistpaw spat the mud off her muzzle and let out a low growl of frusteration as she continued to struggle in fright, "W-when my clan gets here, you'll be sorry!" She twisted her heard around to try and get a good look at him, hissing through her teeth.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] EmptyWed 22 Jan 2014 - 22:34

Reedstar shoved her face into the mud again as she tried to turn around and unsheathed his claws. "I'll say it one last time." he growled, tail lashing. I ought to just leave. But then she would only run back to camp and tell everyone, and then there would be a hunt on him. If they took him for a rogue, especially after his threats towards the apprentice, well... he could kiss another life farewell. "Quiet down and listen, or die."

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] EmptySat 1 Feb 2014 - 12:02

Mistpaw stubbornly twisted her head to the side again, spitting out any dirt that went up her mouth - she'd spit it in his face if she could - but finally kept quiet.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Shadow [CLOSED]   In the Shadow [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Shadow [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1