Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sandpaw's Battle Training

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

Sandpaw's Battle Training Empty
PostSubject: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 15:01

The trails under-paw were well-trodden, Reedstar noted as he led Sandpaw to the place where they'd be practicing her battle moves. The plants seemed to arch overhead like a tunnel of grass and reeds. It obviously wasn't just cats using the trail either; ahead there seemed to be tiny paw prints and the stale scents of voles and mice. He wondered what the world would look like to be as small as prey for a moment, when they reached their destination.

The clearing was large enough to host every single apprentice in the Clan and their mentors too, and the ground was slicked with mud. In the center it was cut in half by a creek with steep slippery banks. "This is where we'll be training today." he mewed to the young tom behind him.

Sandpaw's Battle Training I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 15:09

I don't think I'll be catching fish today... Sandpaw followed in his leader's steps, nervousness causing his thick tail to twitch back and forth. His paws pricked with resentment towards fighting in general; couldn't the Clans just leave each other alone? He would have much rather been staring at the water that flowed around camp, though he'd only have the creek today.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
Sandpaw's Battle Training 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 19:36

"You might have guessed what kind of training we'll be doing today." Reedstar said as he turned to face the apprentice. "The other Clans cannot be trusted, and there will come a day when you must fight." He didn't bother to wait for any kind of response, immediately getting into a defensive position. "I want you to show me your best fighting stance."

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 18:37

Surprised by the sudden command, the little tom stared dumbly at his mentor for a few seconds. He didn't know what an attack position looked like, much less how to get into one. Hesitating, Sandpaw crouched low to the ground in what looked like a mixture of a submission pose and a land-prey hunting stance with his haunches waving awkwardly in the air. Oh StarClan, I have no idea what I'm doing!

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptyFri 4 Oct 2013 - 18:18

Reedstar frowned slightly as he analyzed the stance. That didn't look right. Maybe I should have gotten Mapleclaw to help today... he thought to himself. "Flatten your ears or else you'll get them clawed off, and bush out your fur. Try arching your back a little too, you want to seem intimidating." he mewed. "Keep your weight distributed to all four paws. The enemy will try to get you off your feet if you can, so you must stay balanced."

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptyFri 4 Oct 2013 - 18:27

He fixed his stance as he was given the instruction. Ears flattened, fur bushed, back arched, and weight distributed, Sandpaw looked up hopefully at Reedstar. "I-is this right?"

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptySat 5 Oct 2013 - 15:01

"Better." Reedstar mewed. "You'll want to practice often, so it feels natural. You do not want to put too much thought into your stance when you're in the midst of a battle." The position wasn't perfect, in truth, but it was good enough for now. "I want you to try to keep that position while walking. Try circling around me."

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptySat 5 Oct 2013 - 15:07

He felt very awkward in this position. How in the name of StarClan was this supposed to feel natural? The biggest problem was arching his back, and as he began to inch around Reedstar, his back started to straighten out. He caught himself and tried to correct it, but with each step he became looser and looser. Sandpaw was getting frusterated that he couldn't seem to get it right, wishing they could get to the slashing and biting already.

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptySat 5 Oct 2013 - 16:06

"In a fight, you won't be standing still." Reedstar said, his eyes following Sandpaw closely as the apprentice inched along, step by step. This was posing a problem. He was glad that ThunderClan had been calm these past few moons. If it ever came to battle... "Step with your paws closer together, or else you'll lose your posture, but do it quickly. You don't want to move too slowly."

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptySat 5 Oct 2013 - 16:13

Doing as he was told, Sandpaw sped up until he realized that his back had stayed arched for the last few steps. He was becoming more and more pleased with himself, now that he was getting the hang of it. He looked at Reedstar again, a small smile curling his muzzle.

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 18:31

OOC: So sorry I haven't posted in this lately. I don't really have an excuse; it just slipped my mind.

IC: Reedstar purred. "Very good. It'll become easier as you practice more." he said. Perhaps this wouldn't be as hard as he thought. Sandpaw was proving to be a fast learner. "Now, try batting at me. Sheathed claws. Aim for my face and ears."

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptyWed 9 Oct 2013 - 14:03

Anticipation swept over him as Sandpaw thought about how to attack Reedstar. He kept moving in circles, trying desperately to not lose the form he was in. Of course, Reedstar had said 'try batting at me,' and thus it was probably safe to assume he wouldn't stand there and let the apprentice simply swipe at him. As quickly as he could manage, Sandpaw jumped forward and slapped Reedstar on the nose with his paw. It was neither fast nor graceful, but at least he had even plucked up the courage to do it.

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013 - 4:04

Yet as soon as Sandpaw swiped his paw forward, Reedstar was already lashing out, batting a sheathed paw across his ears and then another across his cheek immediately afterwards. Reedstar stepped backwards, out of attacking range, and folded his ears back. "You'll have to act faster than that. Try again." he commanded. "Don't think on it too much; just go by instinct. It's like hooking a fish."

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 18:03

The apprentice pulled away in shock as he felt large paws lash at his ears and then his face. That wouldn't have ended well if he'd had his claws out! he concluded, and his tail began flicking in anxiety once more. He folded his ears back like Reedstar, remembering that they'd be very easy to shred if they were sticking straight up. Slipping quickly into the battle position with his back arched and fur fluffed, he lunged forward at his mentor and took a swipe at his chin, backing away several steps afterward.

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013 - 4:28

Reedstar again swiped his paw forward to counter when he felt the hit across his muzzle, but missed by a whisker-length. "Very good!" he purred. The leader lashed his tail and took a couple of steps back, a smirk spreading across his face. "Hitting a warrior is one thing, but it won't get them running with their tails between their legs. Get me on my back and my stomach will be exposed. Do you think you can do it?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaw's Battle Training   Sandpaw's Battle Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Sandpaw's Battle Training
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory-
Jump to: