Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Propaganda in the school system.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

Propaganda in the school system. Empty
PostSubject: Propaganda in the school system.   Propaganda in the school system. EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012 - 1:28

You've probably heard me rant about teachers skewing information a little and glorifying the US (And her allies, but mostly the US), so I took this screenshot of the opening to my History lesson for the day.
Spoiler:
What do you think? =n=

Propaganda in the school system. I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Cherry

Cherry

Characters : pft
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Kit
Aquarius Tiger
Number of posts : 1600

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda in the school system.   Propaganda in the school system. EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012 - 7:55

Oh, wow. o3o wtf.

Propaganda in the school system. Tumblr_n6fg5588em1styzrqo1_500
deal wit it
Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda in the school system.   Propaganda in the school system. EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012 - 9:22

I'd say it's a little overdone, maybe, but true.
Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan did indeed use hatred and violence to take over. Democracy was very well in peril, if they took over Europe and Asia that is.

The United States did stay out of the war, believing in Isolation, but FDR did convince America to lend Great Britain sums of money and sold them old ships and arms.
It was also the Japanese who coined the term "Sleeping Giant"...
The Japanese were like... "We got a good thing going here! Don't attack America! Don't provoke them! They be a sleepin' giant!"
And the Japanese Generals were like... :bchplz:

Annnndddd yup- Look what happened.

Propaganda in the school system. PDt1Qqd Propaganda in the school system. Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda in the school system.   Propaganda in the school system. EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012 - 13:12

Way overdone, in my opinion.

Next they'll be telling me the Americans swam over to Japan and that we got them to cave with TRUE AMERICAN SPIRIT! U.S.A! U.S.A!

And then they'll show me this picture.
Propaganda in the school system. 400px-WW2_Iwo_Jima_flag_raising

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda in the school system.   Propaganda in the school system. EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012 - 13:14

Why? Because it's true...?
It's alright to put a little nationalism in your own history books, Sleeps, it's making up lies to make the country look better that's the problem.

Propaganda in the school system. PDt1Qqd Propaganda in the school system. Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda in the school system.   Propaganda in the school system. EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012 - 14:25

cx It's the kind of thing that makes people think the US was the BEST CONTRY EVAR WETHOWT NY FLAWZ! That's what I try to spin on the Empire of Sleepyyawn. They teach and feed information like "Fighting the evils of communism, and uniting a nation for the good of all and blahblahblah" so their own, oppressed people don't think about how corrupt the whole mess is. And if they do, they probably have already fled to the Korean penninsula.

It's information that they don't include that's harmful. Like all of the times they glorified presidents who were racist b*stards or effed our country over in the long run. When someone is teaching me something, I want them to be unbiased so I can judge for myself what I think of a historical event D: Not them going "YEAH! WE DROPPED NUCLEAR WEAPONS ON TWO CITIES FOR THE GOOD OF DEMOCRACY! YEAAAAAAAAAH, AMERICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda in the school system.   Propaganda in the school system. EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012 - 15:16

You're right...
But that page you showed us does none of the above. cx

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
not fish

not fish

Clan/Rank : Professional zombie.
Capricorn Buffalo
Number of posts : 6614

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda in the school system.   Propaganda in the school system. EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012 - 15:53

I'm not trying to sound offensive, but I have people from the US in my class, and they've talked all about how overly-patriotic some people there can be. I've been to your guy's country multiple times before, and I have enough information to believe so. I walked into the Hall of Presidents at Disney World thinking it was just a showcase, but it turns out it was a 30 minute long show glorifying each and every president there ever was. o__o I have nothing against the country, but I sometimes think people should tone it down a bit (especially about WWII). To an average Canadian like me, it's a little intimidating. D:

Again, not trying to make anyone feel attacked, I'm just making a point.

Propaganda in the school system. I0CCm4
Back to top Go down
http://theassemblyofwcc.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda in the school system.   Propaganda in the school system. Empty

Back to top Go down

Propaganda in the school system.
Page 1 of 1