Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

WindClan Interest Poll!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

WindClan Interest Poll! Empty
PostSubject: WindClan Interest Poll!   WindClan Interest Poll! EmptyTue 4 Jan 2022 - 10:24

Hello all! I’ve made a poll to gauge users’ interest in WindClan and areas to improve. This poll is exclusively for those who have WindClan characters. Please give us your feedback so that we can make the Clan more exciting for all of us! Thanks~

https://forms.gle/g1nrkT4ubrWoeX2M7

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
WindClan Interest Poll! 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: WindClan Interest Poll!   WindClan Interest Poll! EmptySun 9 Jan 2022 - 8:15

The results are in:

WindClan Interest Poll! Aed71410

WindClan Interest Poll! D5a25710

WindClan Interest Poll! 51403f10

WindClan Interest Poll! 4052bb10

I will be posting a discussion of the results and how I plan on implementing them soon, and then I will open up the floor for comments and suggestions. Thanks for your participation! I look forward to taking on leadership!

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: WindClan Interest Poll!   WindClan Interest Poll! EmptyTue 11 Jan 2022 - 14:34

Areas of improvement
Plot creation is clearly the most desired improvement, with involvement in personal plots and closer watching of apprentice training following. Of course I will take all of these votes into consideration but I will be directly discussing the most popular choices.

To address plotting for WindClan: I don’t yet have anything in the works, but I am entirely open to suggestions. I’d like to draw attention to the announcements re: plot role sign ups and the especially harsh cold season. These stirrings from staff make me hesitant to introduce a long or complex plot for fear of accidentally interfering with something they might be planning—however I am extremely interested in short term plots and in fact have a few ideas forming! But more on that later…

On involvement with personal plots: do you have a staff-approved plot? Have you been thinking of one, but haven’t put all the pieces together? Are there personal difficulties your cats are going through besides the hunger and sickness? Let me know! Unfortunately I cannot be on every day, and I can miss topics due to distraction or prioritizing of leader duties. I personally function best when I am PM’d (on site) or DM’d (on Discord) about important events so that I can have a direct notification pointing to what I should look at. To add to that, please do not be afraid to notify me that I need to post somewhere. I struggle with ADHD; this is not an excuse, but an explanation of why I may need some extra help staying on top of things. I want to be involved! I want to help you develop your characters! Sometimes I need extra help, though, so I really appreciate everyone’s patience and willingness to work with me <3

Regarding keeping track of apprentice training: when an activity check ends and the allegiances are updated, I try to look at our inactive characters and adjust accordingly; the apprentices of inactive warriors are often delegated to warriors whose apprentices have gone inactive. I hope to keep everyone’s needs and expectations balanced that way. However, I can’t be 100% thorough or guess who will step away next, so I may fumble the reassignments. If this is the case, I’ve created a rank requirement thread for members to reach out to one another for ranking help. Having to wait a month for the activity check to open and close to be assigned a new, active mentor is unreasonable. Please PM/DM me (or your future deputy) if you would like a new mentor assignment quickly and we can discuss if you want a ceremony or not.

Changes you’d like to see
More in-Clan drama was the top choice. The implications are that there must be more conflict between our characters. This can easily be done given the harsh season. Hunger makes people angry and desperate; sickness makes people scared and defensive. All of these things could play out very well in our Clan setting without necessarily causing anarchy to erupt. The practical application? Cats should be snippy, stern, less gracious. Resentment of those who receive special treatment, like the very old and very young, should be clear. Is your character in a role where they have to provide, but all of their catches immediately go to someone else? Is StarClan trying to express anger or disapproval for something we’ve done? In short, I can’t really make in-Clan drama happen without everyone else chipping in. The purpose of including it on the poll was to get an idea of what makes staying in WC interesting and how to advise all of us towards that goal.

Regular in-camp topics started by high ranks is one of the other popular votes. This is something that myself, our future deputy, and our medicine cat could easily divide and conquer. I am currently working on improving communication between the leadership team in order to facilitate more interaction with our characters. Thank you for the feedback!

Large group training for warriors and large group training for apprentices is another area we seem to want to explore. I would like for more senior warriors to aid in ongoing training of less experienced warriors, such as a t4 taking out a couple of t2s for battle training. This should help everyone involved tackle requirements in interesting ways, build chemistry between characters, and explore their own characters’ goals. As for apprentices, this will help knock out requirements when one or more mentors are busy/inactive/slower than you’d like. It also presents the same opportunities for character and relationship growth.

Specialty tunnel training is more of a flavor rank requirement than a functional rank requirement. By that I mean the option to become a specialized tunneler is basically the same as being a regular warrior with a fancy title. This would not give any sort of bonus to hunting or fighting outside of the buff already present in the Tunnels board, and that’s not negotiable. This is where you guys come in: how would you like this to work? My general thoughts are an optional “requirement” to receive tunnel training as an apprentice and then a general maintenance “requirement” for each warrior rank; something as simple as “hunt in the tunnels at least once/twice/etc.” The reason “requirement” is in quotes is because it’s an optional path. If you don’t want to do the extra training, you don’t have to. Please give me your thoughts and suggestions on this topic.

Honorable mention—more drama with other Clans. This can be done in all the same ways as in-clan drama. The result would be more arguments and fights than usual at borders. Do you have someone in another clan you typically don’t like, but you saw them across the border today with a giant catch and now you want to strangle them? Go ahead, yell something at them! Insult their mother! They can’t eat that prey without teeth! Who cares if you only get one hit in as long as you get to smack them? [this is me encouraging you to sucker punch them and then run away like the angry little gremlin you are]

Recurring events
Missions are possibly my favorite idea to come from this poll! They obviously will vary by what WindClan needs at the moment, but essentially Golden will pick a cat or group of cats to do something outside their regular duties. This goes hand in hand with our need for more Clan plots because now we can organize small events that can range in length and complexity. They will all have consequences depending on whether we fail or succeed. Our first order of business will be to investigate the disappearance of Dreampaw. Our second… well, you’ll just have to wait and see.

Weekly or monthly night guard assignments are easily done, but I wasn’t sure if there would be any interest. With these results in mind, I will be putting up the first assignments next week and we’ll see what happens.

Weekly or monthly patrol assignments are just a randomly generated patrol group. The novelty of this setup is the chance of being put in a group with characters you don’t know well or don’t get along with while also fulfilling requirements in an interesting way. If someone isn’t able to respond in a timely manner or doesn’t want to be involved, then a replacement can be figured out or that slot can be dropped completely.

Honorable mention—apprentice competitions: given that this was neither popular nor unpopular, I will leave this as something warriors and apprentices can organize for themselves. However, I may revisit the idea in more favorable seasons.

[please do not post until after part 2 is up]

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: WindClan Interest Poll!   WindClan Interest Poll! EmptyFri 14 Jan 2022 - 9:56

Spirituality
I wasn’t quite sure I’d have an answer if this ended up being a popular choice. I’d like to open up the floor and see how everyone else felt about incorporating more spirituality into WindClan. What are some areas you’d like it to be applied? I think our ceremonies could move towards more recognition of the ancestors. I’d love to get your opinions.

Other
Meow

Final question

WindClan Interest Poll! 79e35510

Without further ado, this topic is open for anyone to give feedback or suggestions.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WindClan Interest Poll!   WindClan Interest Poll! Empty

Back to top Go down