Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Tales of the Forest... as told by apprentices [open!]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

Tales of the Forest... as told by apprentices [open!] Empty
PostSubject: Tales of the Forest... as told by apprentices [open!]   Tales of the Forest... as told by apprentices [open!] EmptyThu 6 May 2021 - 13:37

Word travels fast around the forest, if you give cats a reason to spread it. Cats gossip. They mingle. They share tall tales, and apprentices, especially, seem to make a habit of scaring each other in the midnight hours with ghost stories of their own devising. Though the fables shared around the apprentice den may have a basis in reality, the content, characters, and settings are often morphed into exaggerated legend through the passage of time. These are more than petty rumors. They're practically mythology, in league with the stories of the tigers, lions, and leopards that supposedly once roamed the woods. The older the story, the more altered they become.

PROMPT: Go back to your character's apprenticeship days. If they're still in them, even better. It's moonhigh. Their denmates have called on them to tell the next story. Take an event from WCC canon that your character was not present for and turn it into a legend mighty enough to impress their friends. Warp the events. Change the characters. Add magic. Add StarClan. Add drama, adventure, romance! Make the entire thing up! Go crazy! Now, write dialogue of them telling it.

I'll go first.

"Cedarpaw, shh!! It's my turn! Okay, okay. This is an oooold story. A long time ago, seasons and seasons before even Leopardclaw was born, there was a ThunderClan warrior named Thinstripe. When she was a young she-cat, she met a very strange and terrible rogue. His name was Shatter, and they say he was marked with a curse... his tabby markings split him in pieces like a broken lake of ice. Stark white, with black slashes through his body. And he shattered Thinstripe, all right. He was a follower of the Place of No Stars, and with the powers they gave him, he bewitched the ThunderClan warrior... and she bore his KITS!

"... of course it really happened! Why would I make it up? I don't know how the Dark Forest works, I just know that she had his kittens! Okay, okay. Anyway, the brood was split between all the clans and posed as abandoned loners to conceal their identities. Thinstripe pretended to adopt one: her son, who she named Scorchkit. Shatter's powers transferred into the little tom, see. But there was bad news. All of the kits... were CURSED! They were all the subject of a great prophecy... that they'd all break the code before their 16th Leafbare. One scandalized her clan by having kits with her medicine cat, a much older tom. The two tom-kits were said to be aligned with the Dark Forest, and had secret meetings with Shatter in their dreams. And the last kit... well, she was pure. She never harmed a fly. How could the prophecy be fulfilled, then?

"She never had a 16th Leafbare. She died. Thinstripe went next, dying of a broken heart when she discovered her son's deed. She was too naive to resist the rogue's charms, and the whole forest suffered for it. All four kits had mates and litters of their own, you know. Shatter's blood, and his curse, are probably in every clan now. It might be your mentor. It might be our medicine cat. It might be you.

"Oh, come on! Don't be mousebrained! Of all the cats in ThunderClan, it wouldn't be Dustcloud! You've got bees in your head. But if you had to ask me, I think it's Duskrain."

Tales of the Forest... as told by apprentices [open!] TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2368

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Forest... as told by apprentices [open!]   Tales of the Forest... as told by apprentices [open!] EmptyThu 6 May 2021 - 17:32

"...It's my turn? I thought you guys considered me a traitor for- you know what? Fine, I'll tell you guys a story of the past, if I can think of one."

"A long time ago, there was a RiverClan tom named Buzzardclaw. Though he was named Buzzardclaw, he had a pelt that burned a bright orange in color. Now, he's known across the clan as a young warrior that one day disappeared mysteriously, never to return. But rumor has it that he was in love with a WindClan cat which caused him to run away."

"This mysterious WindClan cat's name... I don't remember what they said it was, but it started with Pebble-. Pebble...light? Pebbleshine? Pebbleshine sounds about right, but I'm not sure. Wait... maybe it was Pebblestorm, or Pebblespark, or Pebblestrike. Either way, Buzzardclaw and Pebble were rumored to have left the clans together to spend the rest of their days seeing each other. What happened to them, I don't know. But Buzzardclaw did leave RiverClan one day to never return, leaving his apprentice Silverfang in a tough situation."

"The main reason why he left with Pebble at that point of time was because during that time, Pebble was pregnant, with kits! I heard that she told Buzzardclaw that he had to come with her to WindClan or leave the clans with her before they both got found out by the two clans! And now they're living together, happily ever after, raising their kits outside the clans."

(Since I never explained what happened to Buzzardclaw and Pebblestorm after I vanished, and since Heronpaw in this scenario is giving a lot of false information, I will tell you guys what really happened to them. Buzzardclaw was killed by a fox on a solo patrol. RiverClan never found his body. Pebblestorm left WindClan and was hit by a monster. In StarClan their bond grew even stronger than in life, and they officially became mates in the stars)

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

Tales of the Forest... as told by apprentices [open!] Image10
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2181

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Forest... as told by apprentices [open!]   Tales of the Forest... as told by apprentices [open!] EmptyFri 7 May 2021 - 18:04

"I don't think you guys want to hear the story I have to share. It's pretty scary. You might just wet your nests.

"....Okay, if you really want to hear it, don't say I didn't warn you. You all have heard of Tinystar, right? He used to lead the Clan, before he stayed in RiverClan. And this is why he left.

"While Tinystar led SkyClan, there was an apprentice, Sparrowpaw. And she was a good apprentice, loyal to her Clan. Her father, Sedgestrike, on the otherhand, was a different story. He wanted things done his own way, and was often at odds with Tinystar, until one day, one of their fights led to the loss of one of Tinystar's lives!

"So long story short, Sedgestrike was exiled, and while Sparrowpaw didn't exactly like it, she understood it. Like I said, she was a good apprentice, and her loyalties held strong. At least, unless your name was Tinystar.

"Well one day, Sparrowpaw and Tinystar was out on patrol, and some ShadowClan cats crossed the border. Well, just as any Clan cat would do, Sparrowpaw defended her Clan's border.

"Now, here is the worst part. Apparently Tinystar was just looking for an excuse to get rid of her, because he accused Sparrowpaw of being like her father. He made Clan loyalty a crime and killed her, when she was already injured and couldn't even defend herself. And thus, the curse of SkyClan began.

"Well, in the same moment he killed Sparrowpaw, he also exiled another cat who defended Sparrowpaw. But this was not just any cat. No, this cat was descended from none other than the tribe. And before he left, he had placed a curse upon SkyClan. Tinystar was cursed with immortality. And you may say immortality is a good thing, but in this case, it came with the cost of watching as his Clan suffered.

"At first, Tinystar did not believe in such a curse, after all, it was just one cat. But then, a massive flood had swept SkyClan away. Surely that was just a coincidence, right? One would think. Well, soon, his medicine cat, Amberdawn, was taken by twolegs, seemingly out of nowhere, and later her mentor, Mintwhisker, was driven insane. At this point, he had stepped down from leadership, where Spottedstar took over, and yet things still did not get better for SkyClan. The Clan was betrayed by Deerfrost, who actually tried to murder a kit, and was overrun by the righteous plague. Another medicine cat, Sagelight, poisoned Tinystar, now Tinylegs, supposedly accidentally, but I have my suspicions. Even if it was on purpose, still didn't kill Tinylegs. And then there was the breaking point for Tinylegs, the fire that drove SkyClan to take refuge in RiverClan, where Tinylegs did not leave. Of course, the curse remains, even with Tinylegs in a new Clan. SkyClan has been overrun by foxes, and now we have the Asylum, no thanks to Dawnhawk. So if you ever wonder why we have to suffer, you know who to blame. And who knows, maybe when the old rat finally dies, the curse will be lifted. If he is even able to die, that is."

Tales of the Forest... as told by apprentices [open!] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Forest... as told by apprentices [open!]   Tales of the Forest... as told by apprentices [open!] Empty

Back to top Go down

Tales of the Forest... as told by apprentices [open!]
Page 1 of 1