Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Characters : Blazingkit
Clan/Rank : Sky
Sagittarius Dog
Number of posts : 37

A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open] Empty
PostSubject: A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open]   A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open] EmptyThu 1 Apr 2021 - 10:24

A lie? Was his whole life a lie? These were questions that Kai, assuming that was his true name, asked himself repeatedly as he wandered aimlessly through the forest. Asylum? Clans? What did any of it mean? The former Nightstriker wasn't involved much in the conflict between the different groups of cats, he was too confused by it all. Not knowing how to react, he slipped it away from it all had begun walking, only ever stopping to rest. He eventually found himself at a large fallen oak tree. Kai walked himself up to hit his head gently off the mighty oak.

"What now?" He said to himself aloud.

He leapt onto the tree and curled himself on top of it. Whatever happens next happens. He thought to himself. Maybe he should try to find more members of Asylum, they were who he grew up with. Or maybe he should seek out his true family, whomever that may be. He didn't know what would be the best route. Conflicted, he bounded of the oak and began to pace. And there he paced grumbling to himself, unable to make up his mind for what seemed like an eternity...
Back to top Go down
http://agesofwar.boards.net/
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] Outsider/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5530

PostSubject: Re: A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open]   A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open] EmptyThu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:43

Beechface padded along the border Skyclan shared with Thunderclan, yellow-green eyes scanning the area for herbs. Most of what she was seeing was just a touch to fragile or not quite mature enough to be harvested, and the medicine cat huffed in annoyance. The forest was recovering from the harsh leafbare, but it was slow going. She just had to hope that the string of seemingly endless injuries would slow for a moon or three. At least the Asylum was gone, but the rogues leaving had not marked an end to Skyclan's troubles.

And it looked like there was to be more trouble. Beechface's eyes narrowed as she spotted the form of a ginger tom ahead of her, pacing along the border and clearly agitated with something.

There was something... Almost familiar about him. Beechface was filled with the strange sense that she had seen him before, but she couldn't quite place where and why. He looked to be around the age of a young warrior, but...

Still, he didn't smell of clan. And that made her hackles rise on instinct.

"Is there a reason you're pacing along Skyclan's borders?" She asked, tone carefully guarded as she came to a stop a short distance from the tom. She'd have enough time to move if he decided to attack, but for once Beechface wasn't in the mood for such. She was tired, in all honesty. Tired of the stress, tired of things going wrong. For once, she just wanted something to go right for Skyclan, even if it was something minor like a rogue leaving the territory without bloodshed.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingOutsider
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarkitShadowClan
Kit
10 / 30
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open]   A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open] EmptyMon 12 Apr 2021 - 9:32

Kai continued his pacing deep in his thoughts.  He was so distracted he didn't smell or see the other cat until she had spoken to him.  Kai instinctively jumped away from the noise, his back lightly hitting against the mighty fallen tree.  Kai wasn't thrilled to have his thoughts interrupted, but it was clear that this other cat wasn't thrilled to see him at all.  Still, there was a vaguely familiar scent to this cat, probably just from the encounter between Asylum and the clan cats.  The former nightstriker was in no mood to fight right now, his mind was still filled with complicated thoughts.  Talking would probably be the best right now.

"Skyclan's borders?"  Blazingkit turned and looked at the oak behind him.  "It's just a tree?  Can't I sit in peace and enjoy a nice day?"  There was a hint of confusion in Kai's voice.  The cats of these woods are weird.  Kai thought to himself.  "Or is that too much of a problem?"
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] Outsider/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Kit
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open]   A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open] EmptyMon 12 Apr 2021 - 11:50

"Look, I'm not out here to fight-" though Beechface's scars could certainly indicate otherwise. "-and you aren't technically on Skyclan territory. Just thought I'd give you the head's up. I'm Skyclan's medicine cat, Beechface." She tipped her head slightly, studying the tom before her. He was jumpy and clearly not thrilled about her presence, but rogues were seldom thrilled about the presence of clan cats. There was something in him that seemed familiar though.

"What did you say your name was, again?" He hadn't offered a name, but there was something... Something tugged at her. Something vaguely recognizable, but she couldn't quite put her claw on it. If she could just figure out what...

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingOutsider
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarkitShadowClan
Kit
10 / 30
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open]   A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open] EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 16:31

A medicine cat? That was similar to the standards, though the cat in front of Blazingkit looked more like a scout or nightstriker with the scars she had.  Kai kept his back to the tree, eyes locked with the medicine cat while she spoke.

"I never even said my name?  My name is..." Kai cut himself off.  In his pause, he almost became panicked.  In his current mindset that was not a question he wanted to be asked.  He didn't know who he was right now.  BlazingKai's eyes darted around the wood's floor as he attempted to compose his thoughts.  Shaking his head he regained eye contact with Beechface.  "What does my name matter?"  Kai hissed at the medicine cat.  "If you really must know, my name is.. Kai.. It's Kai!"  He said this as if though trying to convince himself it were so, his eyes showing uncertainty, almost even sadness.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open]   A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open] EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 21:19

"I know you didn't say your name." Beechface commented mildly. Placating the nervous was not her strong suit, but something was so hauntingly familiar... Stars, if she could just place it. The tom was young, and she watched as he almost... seemed to panic a bit at her question and become defensive. Defensive and uncertain. Emotions that Beechface was very familiar with.

Beechface took a single step forward, then sat, carefully curling her tail around her paws. She didn't think he would attack, despite his hissing. It was almost... Almost like a scared kit, the way he'd reacted. She needed to appear non-threatening... And that was easier said than done. Primroselight could appear non-threatening. Blossomstep could appear non-threatening. Beechface held too much turmoil within her to ever pull it off convincingly.

"Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself?" She asked, then took a slow, steadying breath. Interrogating him was likely to get her nowhere, but she... needed to know. "There's something familiar about you. I'm trying to place what. I know I've never seen you among the rogues that were stationed in our camp but..." Her voice trailed off, seeming nearly as uncertain as Kai's for a moment, if that was even his real name. From the way he had said it, she didn't think it was.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingOutsider
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarkitShadowClan
Kit
10 / 30
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open]   A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open] EmptyMon 19 Apr 2021 - 10:40

The medicine cat took her step closer and Kai reacted stepping back himself. When trying to do so, his tail hit against the tree again. He swiftly turned his head to look at it and then turned back to Beechface. Worry covered Kai's face. "I'm not trying to convince anyone." Kai was trying to compose himself, but it was to no avail. The cat in front of him still seemed a bit standoffish, maybe it was just her nature? Now was really not the best time for this..

"Familiar? I've never seen you in my life. I wasn't stationed in your camp." There's no reason for her to think he was familiar in any way, right? Maybe.. she might know more about who I am? Impossible! But.. what if.. Kai stood in awkward silence as thoughts kept rushing into his head. "I.. was never in your camp, and I.. ran from the fight you cats had with Asylum. I don't know why I'd be familiar... Unless.." The lost cat paused again. "Were.. any cats taken? From your clan?.." Kai almost seemed scared to hear the answer. He didn't know what he wanted to hear. But he needed to know more. He needed to restore the fire within him.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open]   A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open] EmptyMon 19 Apr 2021 - 13:41

Her eyes narrowed at the tom's words. He hadn't been stationed in Skyclan's camp... And he had run from the battle the clans had waged against the rogues. Why then, was there something so strangely familiar about the tom.

"I wasn't at fourtrees that night, either. And no, I'd like to think I remember the faces that have caused my clan harm. You weren't stationed in our territory." Her voice was... surprisingly gentle, yet firm. Beechface did not have the energy for a fight, not today. She just wanted to sate her own curiosity.

Kai asked about cats being taken... And then it clicked. Ravenclaw had mentioned they'd discovered Asylum had, in fact, stolen kits from the clans. With everything else going on, there had been more important things to worry about. It had slipped her mind until the ginger tabby tom mentioned it.

"We had three kits go missing, about a moon before Asylum showed up in our camp... Flamekit, Maplekit and Blazing...kit...?" Her voice ended in a higher-pitched squeak of excitement as the realization dawned on her. It had to be. Wolfstar and Blossomstep's son had looked like Spottedstar, and he'd gone missing alongside the other two kits that she hadn't known nearly as well. The younger tom facing her looked so much like him it was uncanny. Blazingkit had been little more than a scrap of fur when he'd been taken, just a kit, after all. She hadn't seen him in over a season, now.

"Stars I- Ravenclaw had mentioned that she and the others who had fought in the battle discovered that Asylum had stolen kits... " Her tone had lost whatever edge it had as she spoke, replaced by something more... hesitant. "Wolfstar and Blossomstep were distraught when nobody could find you or your denmates."

Beechface almost didn't want to ask, she didn't want to get her hopes up and then have to tell her grandparents that their kit had been stolen by Asylum and then didn't want to return home. And yet, she had to ask. Skyclan normally didn't accept outsiders, but the tom in front of her was Skyclan-born.

...Dawnhawk had been Skyclan born too, and had betrayed the clan for Asylum. Kai... Blazingkit... Didn't seem like he'd been so fond of Asylum. He'd run from the battle, after all, but it could just as well have been cowardice. But if that were the case, why linger around clan territory? No, he seemed... lost, almost. As if he didn't know where to go or what to do with himself.

"Look, I know that Skyclan can't expect you to be the same kitten you were. There are some who... might not like that you have ties to the rogues. From what I can tell, you were stolen from under our noses and they just... lied to you about it and sent you back into the forest? Still... You were born Skyclan. You have family-" Most of the clan actually, Beechface included. "-and I think they'd want to know you're alive and well... I'm not Wolfstar, I don't have final say on who can stay. But I think Wolfstar would gladly accept you, if you wanted that." She hadn't been able to predict what Wolfstar would do for some time, but Beechface was fairly confident that Wolfstar wouldn't turn away his own son. What she wasn't confident about was Kai's... Blazingkit's reaction to what she had to say. Not at all.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingOutsider
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarkitShadowClan
Kit
10 / 30
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open]   A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open] EmptySat 15 May 2021 - 8:57

Blazingkit?.. The name seemed oddly familiar and it struck a small warm feeling through him. But the other names, they fell flat. But.. they were his kin? His parents..

The tom was visibly hesitant. He sat where he was, looking at the dirt. "Blazingkit.." Lifting his head to the medicine cat. "That's.. who I am?" He had a family? Would they want him? He shook his head a little. He wanted the truth and it stood in front of him now. The confused cat swallowed a little bit of fear in him. "C-can I meet them?"
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open]   A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open] EmptySat 15 May 2021 - 13:30

Beechface watched as the tom sat and murmured the name, whether it was a question or he was just overwhelmed, Beechface honestly wasn't sure. It could have easily been both or neither, but she was willing to bet it was one of the two at least. Would he even want to meet his family? Be a part of Skyclan, when everything that could go wrong would go wrong?

He asked if he could meet them, and Beechface visibly relaxed a bit. She didn't want to get her hopes up that something wouldn't go wrong but... That he wanted to meet them was encouraging.

"Of course." She responded, "I can take you to camp, by the time we get there the others will be back from whatever patrols they were on." Or maybe they'd run into Blossomstep or Wolfstar on the way. It wasn't unheard of.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingOutsider
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarkitShadowClan
Kit
10 / 30
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open]   A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Fire With No Where to Burn [Open]
Page 1 of 1