Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

In The Mud [closed]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

In The Mud [closed] Empty
PostSubject: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 9:29

Please try to follow some sort of posting order ^^ and Peri, I’d imagine Red sees them all and is like ‘uh, no, y’all hooligans need a warrior with you’

Emberpaw exhaled, a puff of crystallized air rising quickly. He watched it for a moment, then glanced at his denmates. They were mostly asleep, but he wanted to go for a hunt and didn’t care if he woke them up. He picked his way over to Ashpaw, murmuring, “Hey, Ashpaw, want to hunt?” He knew her and Ebonypaw better than most of the others, so he figured maybe they could to a trio hunt. On his way over to Ebonypaw, his tail accidentally smacked Smokepaw in the face. Well, I guess four of us could hunt as well... Wincing, Emberpaw nudged Ebonypaw gently. “Ebonypaw! Wake up if you want to hunt.” He moved out of the den, waiting for Ebonypaw and Ashpaw- and possibly Smokepaw- to join him.
Back to top Go down
Silvershadow

Silvershadow

Characters : [I]vypaw, [A]shflame, [W]illow, [H]yacinth
Clan/Rank : [I]SkC App, [A]SC T2 Warrior, [W]T1 Rogue, [H]Asylum Nightstriker/SC
Capricorn Pig
Number of posts : 385

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 15:27

Ashpaw stirred when someone called her name. She opened her eyes, blinking several times to chase away the sleep. Her jaws cracked open in a yawn, and she glanced around to see Emberpaw waking Ebonypaw for a hunt. Feeling refreshed, she didn't even feel bothered that Ebonypaw was also going on the patrol. With the thought of a hunt on the front of her mind, nothing would be able to dampen her spirits. She hopped to her feet and padded out of the den, careful not to accidentally step on another apprentice. "Hey, Emberpaw," she greeted him at the entrance with an unusual cheer before trotting a few paces away and sitting down. There she groomed her pelt, shaking out scraps of moss as she waited for the others to join them.

In The Mud [closed] Downlo10 In The Mud [closed] Downlo15 In The Mud [closed] Downlo16

Willow | Loner | T1 Rogue
She-cat
(#993333)

Ashflame | SC | T2 Warrior
She-cat
(#666666)

Ivypaw | SkC | Apprentice
She-cat
(#6666cc)

Hyacinth | Asylum (SC) | Nightstriker (raccoon)
She-cat
(#996699)
unpictured

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Ankle

Ankle

Characters : *(C)loudkit*(H)oneycomb *(S)treamtail *(E)bonysong *(W)illowheart *(R)osepaw
Clan/Rank : (H) SKC T2 warrior (S) RC T5 warrior (E) SC T3 Warrior/Former Deputy (C) SKC kit
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptySun 24 May 2020 - 22:26

Ebonypaw blinked, feeling someone nudge her. “Hm? Oh! Hunting? Sure!” She briskly shook off the moss and other debris off of her pelt, her ombré tail flicking excitedly. “Are any other cats joining us?” Ebonypaw asked, licking her fur clean of the green moss. She stayed away from Ashpaw, knowing that she would probably anger her anyways. Her icy eyes finally adjusted to the sunlight and she looked down at a familiar, very furry shape. Is that Smokepaw? Poor him...I wonder if his eye is okay... Ebonypaw had gotten a few scratches from the battle...but nothing as major as a blinded eye.

Ebonysong of ShadowClan Willowheart of StarClan Streamtail of RiverClan

Siggy by Sumashira <333333333333333

Proud founder of The Jolly Crisis Crew

Honeykit of SkyClan Rosepaw of StarClan
(Not pictured) (Not pictured)
Back to top Go down
feahter

feahter

Characters : [F]eatherpaw | [S]mokespirit | [V]ixenpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] RC Apprentice | [S] SC Tier I Warrior | [V] TC Apprentice
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptyTue 26 May 2020 - 8:17

ooc》 HENLO APOLOGIES FOR THE WAIT, thank you for being patient!!

Smack.

"HRRnnngh...!"

The drawling grumble was punctuated with sputtering coughs, tongue floundering as he spat out hair. Sprawling in his nest, moss clasping stubbornly onto his untamed pelt, he heaved clumsily onto awkward paws. Being slapped in the face, then choking on his own fur? Huh... what a brilliant way wake up. Smokepaw was utterly delighted. It was reflected through the taut scowl that he flashed Emberpaw. Vaguely alert, and for the most part, still half-asleep, an unappreciative groan emitted from the corner of his maw, "Keep your tail to your own face..." Drunken with fatigue, weariness corroding his face, he lumbered drowsily towards the den exit - grunting a faint oomph when his head crashed into the entranceway. Stupid, heavy toad-brain! Shaking his mind of the bitterness, he stumbled towards the assembly. Whilst sparing Ebonypaw a somnolent blink of greeting, dumbfounded in his fatigue and gazing into azure depths - as well as issuing a curt dip of the head towards Ashpaw, neutral and even, foggily aware of her unusually blithe state - he regarded the other tom with mild aggravation. It had been a few evenings since his had been partially blinded, which, he had convinced himself, was more than enough of a break. It was a sour feeling to feel useless, and this was among the first patrols he would depart upon since the traumatic event. And yet, he felt as if he would never accommodate himself to half-vision. Dozing numbly, unscarred eye lidded and heavy, a string of barely-formulated syllables hurled from his maw. "A patrol? Alri--" Smokepaw's jaws snapped agape, bellowing out a deliberately audible yawn, "--iight, hrgh, I'm coming."

proud og member of the wcc leg cult

In The Mud [closed] Feather-s-Badge-Signature-20200209122543

:.:|| ic  news ||:.:

.:|| Featherpaw ⟡ RC | Smokespirit ⟡ SC | Vixenpaw ⟡ TC ||:.
|  20/80 | 35/90* | 20/80  |
.:||  #292950 | #665f35 | #b02e2e  ||:.

*disabled stat reduction; half-blind

Back to top Go down
Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptyWed 27 May 2020 - 16:02

It was Redwolf's turn to push her way out of the warrior's den, and paused to stretch once she was well into the clearing, shaking the sleep from her limbs. Talk of hunting drifted over to her from a large group of apprentices, and with a flick of her tail, padded over to them, opening her mouth to speak.
"Hey Smokepaw, Ashpaw, Ebonypaw, Emberpaw. I heard talk of going hunting. Mind if I join?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptyWed 27 May 2020 - 16:14

Well, that was that. Emberpaw hadn't expected Smokepaw to join, but his disgruntled attitude towards him was most definitely expected. He let out a small snort of amusement as Smokepaw crashed into the den entrance, but flicked his ears up when he heard Redwolf's meow. He glanced at his denmates and shrugged. "If it's okay with you guys, it's okay with me." Eager to get going, the tabby apprentice scraped his claws into the dirt, glancing at Smokepaw with narrowed eyes before focusing back on Redwolf.
Back to top Go down
Silvershadow

Silvershadow

Clan/Rank : [I]SkC App, [A]SC T2 Warrior, [W]T1 Rogue, [H]Asylum Nightstriker/SC
Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptyWed 27 May 2020 - 17:30

Smokepaw was really clumsy, Ashpaw decided when he crashed into the entrance of the den. Her ears perked when she heard her mentor's voice. "You're definitely coming with us," she mewed to Redwolf, not really caring about the others' opinions. Redwolf was also the only cat she felt a bit more comfortable around. She trotted towards the camp entrance, stopping once to glare back at the others. "We going or not? All the prey is going to die from old age before you get out of camp," she snapped, eager to get out and stretch her legs.

In The Mud [closed] Downlo10 In The Mud [closed] Downlo15 In The Mud [closed] Downlo16

She-cat
(#993333)

She-cat
(#666666)

She-cat
(#6666cc)

She-cat
(#996699)
unpictured

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Ankle

Ankle

Characters : *(C)loudkit*(H)oneycomb *(S)treamtail *(E)bonysong *(W)illowheart *(R)osepaw
Clan/Rank : (H) SKC T2 warrior (S) RC T5 warrior (E) SC T3 Warrior/Former Deputy (C) SKC kit
Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptyWed 27 May 2020 - 20:43

Ebonypaw stifled a laugh as Smokepaw grumpily lumbered out of the apprentice’s den, and nodded towards Redwolf. “That would be great! We do need a warrior to be with us.” As Ashpaw stated that all the prey would die of old age, Ebonypaw stayed silent and tried her best not to say a remark back. “All right, let’s go.” Ebonypaw padded forward, leading them out of camp. “We should be able to catch a decent amount of prey. It is new leaf, after all.”

Back to top Go down
feahter

feahter

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptyTue 2 Jun 2020 - 21:24

ooc》 I AM VERY SORRY FOR THE WAIT AND THE RUSHED POST THANK YOU FOR THE PATIENCe YOU GUYS ♡

That was humiliating. The way Emberpaw belted out a muffled snort made prickles run down his spine. A fleeting glimpse towards Ashpaw and Ebonypaw's expressions alerted him that crashing into the entranceway had appeared more prominent than he had thought. In a flash, his drowsiness had evaporated.

On second thought...

This was gonna be an awkward patrol. He needed to excuse himself, lest he embarrass himself even more. Smokepaw was about to blurt that he needed to go to the dirtplace when a much-welcomed russet figure came striding into view. Smokepaw swore that he had never before been so exhilerated at her presence before. "Redwolf, hi, yes, please do! I think that I'll go insane otherwise–"

...Uh, that wasn't what he had meant to say. That made it sound like he didn't like his accompaniments – which wasn't true! Well... perhaps not Emberpaw, he decided, in response to the pointed glare that he had cast. After briefly side-glancing daggers back, unscarred eye narrowed to slits, Smokepaw hastened his attention back to the others. This situation wasn't a good situation. Whatever happened to being cool, you oaf? Ebonypaw began to lead them out of camp. Dazed, Smokepaw scurried after her. She murmered something along the lines of Newleaf and a decent amount of prey, but in his self-consciousness, he hadn't paid heed. He looked like a frog-brain – and apparently, sounded like one, too, "N-No I mean like, no offense, just, uh, y'know, I don't like... like you guys– no– wait, what," His tongue flopped like a floundering fish out of water. This wasn't usual. Why was he so nervous? Incoherent sputters weaved from his mouth, spindling out in threads of unintelligable utters. Smokepaw didn't know what he was trying to say. StarClan, help him. Swivelling his head downwards, scuffing the moist soil with flumping paws, he mumbled ashamedly,

"...YeahnevermindI'mnotgonnatalkanymore."

Back to top Go down
Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 0:56

With a small smile, Redwolf laid her tail over Smokepaw's back as he struggled to find words to accurately describe his feeling towards the entourage of apprentices that she was accompanying. For what it was worth, she understood his meaning behind his words, even if on the surface, they weren't the nicest. She followed behind Ebonypaw and fell in step beside Smokepaw, letting the apprentice lead the group out of camp and into the marsh.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 8:49

Emberpaw felt a slight tinge of annoyance as Ebonypaw took the place at the front of the patrol, the place he’d intended to occupy - he’d started this patrol after all, hadn’t he? - but it was quickly overshadowed by a fluttery feeling in his chest, the same one he’d always felt. A derisive scowl was thrown at Smokepaw as he glared back, despite the fact Emberpaw had glared first, but he was sure Smokepaw was the problem, not him. His scowl twisted into a face of fake shock as Smokepaw said he’d go insane without Redwolf. Well, that wasn’t too nice, was it? Emberpaw wasn’t surprised; he was pretty sure Smokepaw felt that way about him, but not the others. His fake shock turned into real shock as Smokepaw said it outright: I don’t like you guys. ”Frog-brain,” he muttered under his breath, loud enough for only Smokepaw to hear. An ear flicked in surprise as Redwolf seemed to support Smokepaw. Why do they all love him? He just said he didn’t like us, and everyone still likes him better than me! An almost undetectable scowl, laced with bitterness, weaved it’s way onto his face, and he plodded forwards, head down, ignoring the other members of his patrol. This was a nightmare. And it was all Smokepaw’s fault.
Back to top Go down
Silvershadow

Silvershadow

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptyFri 5 Jun 2020 - 16:45

Ashpaw shook her head when Ebonypaw led the patrol out of camp, trying her best to keep a disgusted expression off her face. She trailed behind the group since she didn't feel comfortable around any of them other than Redwolf, who was currently with Smokepaw. Stifling a sigh, she spat, "Always her. Always. What do you get from making me angry anyway? Always ruining my day," she fumed quietly. No longer did she feel excited about the hunt. Instead, she really wanted to murder something.

She-cat
(#993333)

She-cat
(#666666)

She-cat
(#6666cc)

She-cat
(#996699)
unpictured

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Ankle

Ankle

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptySat 6 Jun 2020 - 9:43

Ebonypaw noticed something uncomfortable about the group. Unsurprisingly, Ashpaw was glaring at her. Smokepaw stuck with Redwolf and Emberpaw... “Do you want to lead this group? Sorry for bursting in.” She apologized, stepping back. “I don’t know the territory that...much anyways.” Claws, a flap of wings. Marshcloud, wounded. Ebonypaw, helpless. Her eyes shined with fear for a moment. Shaking off her memories, Ebonypaw turned forwards again, sniffing for prey-scent.

Back to top Go down
feahter

feahter

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptyWed 10 Jun 2020 - 13:53

A feeble sigh buffeted from the edge of his maw, stiff muscles sagging fleetingly as he coerced himself to release the tension. At Redwolf's reposeful gesture, Smokepaw flashed her a relieved smile, lips twitching in breathless gratitude. Shuffling along by her side allowed himself to regain his composure, even if it had only been brief. Shuddering the awkward burr-like itches from his skin, exhaling in an attempt to subdue the uncomfortable embarrassment, he trudged on with renewed clarity in his step.

That was, until...
"Frog-brain."

It had been so muffled that he had assured himself it was merely his inner conscious, rasping reprimandments into his mind once again. A single alarmed glance in Emberpaw's direction, once again, proved otherwise. A distorted mask, acidic scowl its blatant centrepiece, contorted his face. Ludicrous indignance sparked in his expression, muzzle wrinkling in vexation. Yeah, no. That 'frog-brain' definitely had not come from his inner conscious. Glittering lights in his eye sharpened, tight and simmering. A snarl bubbled like froth in his chest, his tone hushing into a similar volume as Emberpaw's had been... although, the taut strain on his vocal cords pitched it higher than he had intended.

He tried to fire an insult back.

"Marsh-fa– stink– m-muddy– minktorog-broot...!"

Wait.
No.

That wasn't right.

Oh dung.
He had just called Emberpaw a... a...

His voice cracked.

HeLP.

Muddystinktoadfrogbrainfoot.
All those retaliations that had whirred in his brain had mushed into a horror.

Everyone, surely, had heard.

This really was a nightmare.

Yeah, mouth,
you've outdone yourself again!

Face flushing, appalled at himself, his eyes shot wide as he ripped his gaze from the other tom's. Had Smokepaw not wanted to abandon Redwolf's side, he would have turned tail right then and there and hurled himself back to camp, to go sit himself in the corner of the apprentice den and question all of his questionable life decisions. Like this. Joining this patrol was probably the most questionable life decision he'd ever made. Yeah, scrap all those other stupid major regrets of his. Smokepaw convinced himself that today was the single worst day of his life.

Smokepaw blinked numbly, heavy-hooded eyes flickering in distress. His head cocked to the side as Ebonypaw stepped back; he thought that there had been no issue with her leading the patrol – in fact, she had done it better than he ever could. When she swivelled backwards, he caught her gaze fleetingly. Fluctuating flares within him faltered with concern. Was that.. fear that had flashed in her depths? It unsettled him, subconsciously knowing that there was something disturbing her. His muse flooded with with battering perturbation and overwhelming hues and vivid icy lights and–

Oh, now he felt nauseated.
Why was he so dazed?

The one thing that shattered his befuddlement was a rustling in the spiny pine needles.

Prey.
Another opportunity that he hopelessly desired not to fail.

Please, weird divine starry ghosts, let me succeed for once!

Tripping sideways in frantic pursuit of the slimy creature, the apprentice lurched in the vague direction of the crackle, almost jarring into a nearby pine. All gracefulness and tact had shattered. Well, perhaps, he never even had any to begin with. Wincing, desperate, hastening and frenzied, he crumpled into an incredibly lopsided hunting crouch. Rump protruding way higher than it should, ragged breathing enough to alert all prey within a radius of five fox-lengths, he wobbled dizzily on swaying soles. Smokepaw looked ridiculous. His limited range of vision was blurred with smog.

Was this panicking? Was he panicking? Oh, why was he panicking?
It's just a toad!

If he could do just one thing right this evening...
Maybe, he'd survive this patrol after all.

With one heartbeat after flying into a flopping dive, he knew he had severely miscalculated. Although the sky was readily dimming, his shadow still cascaded over his target as he streaked forward. Honesty, he had no idea what he had been thinking. That had been a display of absolutely no technique whatsover, and as the slippery little beast rocketed away, Smokepaw was left skidding in the mud like the doofus that he was. The oozing residue flicked onto his pelt with the motion, icky splats tarnishing his already-unruly fur. Spitting a foul curse under his breath, skin prickling in shame, he bowed his head in embarrassment and plodded back with heavy thumps. Stupid blindness... he would always let himself down.

And he'd never hear the end of it, from Emberpaw nor himself.

Good-going, Smokepaw. You messed up again.

Smokepaw attempted to catch toad, costing 3 stamina. Catch was: unsuccessful [due to disabilty chance reduction].

Smokepaw
hp; 15/15
sp; 62/65 [-3]

ooc》 aaa sorry for the accidental huge beefpost!! apologies for the excessive rambling ;;

Last edited by feahter on Mon 22 Jun 2020 - 3:32; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 14969

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] EmptyWed 10 Jun 2020 - 13:53

The member 'feahter' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

In The Mud [closed] Mistpe10
In The Mud [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In The Mud [closed]   In The Mud [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

In The Mud [closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next