Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Love Note to WCC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

A Love Note to WCC  Empty
PostSubject: A Love Note to WCC    A Love Note to WCC  EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 5:38 pm

Okay, let’s take it back a few steps to start.

When I was 13-turning-14, I was hopping through roleplay sites because that was what you did when you were a Warriors fan. There was no such thing as Discord, no such thing as Skype (well… yes there was, but I wasn’t allowed to use it, lol). It was just me, the family laptop, and Proboards. I went on the “Top Warriors RPG” list… yeah, you know the one. Those four cats gazing out at an everlasting sunset are a staple, and I pray we never completely get rid of them. Every time I see them, I think of the day I clicked on Warrior Clan Cat’s banner and started reading the rules.

Looking back, my writing was kind of garbage. I was a kid, can you blame me? I remember refreshing topics constantly and waiting in the chatbox for someone to come online so I could tell them it was their turn. I remember how fun it was to write every day in summer. I remember my favorite plot: Scorchfrost’s redemption. I sometimes sit back and wonder how much better it would’ve been if I had been a little more conscious and if I had planned ahead. The beauty of WCC is that it was still fun, even without all the fussing. When you’re a kid, you don’t think about character arcs and flowy writing. Without WCC, I would’ve been miserable that summer. I was a lonely kid. Even though the culture of the site was a lot different, it meant a lot to know there were people to come back to.

Then, life happened, and I left. RP and I drifted apart, like old flames. I started to wonder around November of last year what had happened to WCC. I was so happy to find that it was still kicking. Even if I was scared that none of these strange new names would know who I was, I knew that I wanted to jump back in. If you can believe it, when my name popped up in the welcome channel of the Discord, at least 3 people immediately knew who I was. I felt like I was an estranged cousin coming back for Christmas. It was great! I got started with Ferretkit and Aspenkit and I remembered exactly how much fun I used to have. Things were a little rocky in the beginning. Late 2018/Early 2019 wasn’t particularly good to me, and it showed in my activity. Then, WindClan’s medicine cat opened up, and I took my shot. Then, you all took a shot on me.

All this sappiness to say that WCC has provided a lot of stability in my very unstable life. I reflect on my history with this Warriors RPG and I reach a new understanding of how much this means to me. How much you guys mean to me, even. 13 year old Grizzly, I want you to know that you’re doing pretty good. Some people are gone, some people stayed, and a bunch of people joined in. You’re going to like them all; you’re going to like them so much that you agree to be a moderator.

And WCC, thanks for being there. I joined in 2016. It’s about to be 2020. While I wasn’t around for everything, I’d like to be around for what comes next. I appreciate you all.

- Grizzly

P.S. Not even retirement from the site would let you be rid of me. You’re stuck with Elder Grizzly, too. Good luck, cat nerds.

A Love Note to WCC  TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Back to top Go down

A Love Note to WCC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Chatterbox-
Jump to: