Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletpaw |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Apprentice |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 5984

Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 8 Oct 2019 - 16:19

As happened every so often, an apprentice had neared the end of their training; and thus had reached the point where they were to meet with their warrior ancestors. This time, though, Mothpaw took her time gathering the travelling herbs - as usual, consuming hers before ever leaving her den - and carrying the bundle to entrance of the apprentice's den. This was the first trip for Thornstar's (and her brother Asterspark's) youngest kits, which she viewed more or less as younger siblings; and while she hadn't had as much time as she'd have liked to connect with them (though she did try to be a good role model and example when she could), this was a prime opportunity.

"Sparkpaw!" she called cheerfully (and, true to form, loudly). "Are you awake yet?"

If she hadn't been awake already, the medicine cat's voice would most likely do the trick.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Apprentice ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 0 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

PostSubject: Re: Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 8 Oct 2019 - 16:30

Sparkpaw grumbled softly at the loud voice resonating outside the apprentices' den. Slowly opening her eyes, she aimed her tired yellow gaze at the mouth of the den and took in a breath, preparing to tell the cat outside who had disturbed her sleep exactly where she could go -- but then the tone and the sound of the voice fully registered and clicked. It was just Mothpaw. She sighed softly; she didn't want to snap at the medicine cat apprentice. She had been kind enough to heal her wounds after having been attacked by that SkyClan warrior a few days ago, and she even forgave her after she had lied to her about how she had acquired the scratch marks and sore shoulder. Plus, she was family.

Slowly rising up onto her paws, finding the soreness in her shoulder was less potent as it had been the day she had gotten into that border skirmish, Sparkpaw shook out the moss from her long black pelt and, after giving herself a quick spot-clean with her tongue, slipped out of the den to face her half-aunt ... er, half-aunt/older sister. That was going to take some getting used to. "I am now. Why are you waking me up so early?" she meowed groggily, not a single trace of sarcasm or spite in her voice.

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletpaw |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Apprentice |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 8 Oct 2019 - 16:49

"To make sure you eat these," Mothpaw said brightly, nudging the herbs toward her with a purr. "After all, you need to if we're going to go to the Moonstone, right? After all, I'm pretty sure there's only one Sparkpaw, so there can't have been any mix-ups!" Silently, she also noted that there weren't any cats whose names were close enough to Sparkpaw's for her to mix up at present, and that she'd left her days of confusing names, at least, in the past (though it still happened with other words, she could at least name herbs and each of her Clanmates at a glance). "Or do you not want to go?" she added a moment later, tilting her head curiously.

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 8 Oct 2019 - 16:56

Sparkpaw's eyes widened in realization. She had completely forgotten today was the day she would be taken to the Moonstone all the way in Highstones. It was a very necessary journey for all aspiring apprentices to take if they ever wanted to become warriors. "Oh, yes, that's right! Yes, I still want to visit my warrior ancestors. Perhaps I'll even meet my grandfather." From all the stories passed down to her and her littermates from Scorchstar's kin, the former ShadowClan leader before her mother had been a formidable one, well-known for his compassion and his leadership during the Great Flood that she was very grateful she didn't have to experience.

Bending down her head, she licked up the herbs, immediately hacking at the sheer bitterness. Knowing better than to spit them out, she swallowed them as quickly as she could, drawing her tongue over her lips multiple times to try and ward off the disgusting aftertaste.

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 8 Oct 2019 - 17:57

"Not very good, are they?" Mothpaw asked, a hint of dryness to her tone - perhaps her fellow medicine cats had started to rub off on her, just a little. "At least you only have to eat them once. Still, now that you're done... Are you ready to go? If you are, we can leave now."

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 8 Oct 2019 - 18:24

Sparkpaw gave a soft huff of amusement at her tone of voice, sounding quite reminiscent of her own usual tone. She nodded once most of the taste was finally out of her mouth. "Yes, I'm ready to go."

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 9 Oct 2019 - 11:10

"Let's get going, then," Mothpaw purred, leading the way out of camp. "It's best not to keep the Moonstone waiting too long."
~
The journey was peaceful, and Mothpaw found herself feeling grateful for that. She tried to keep a conversation going, feeling curiosity about her niece/younger sister's life, but outside of the sound of their own voices it was rather quiet. Eventually, though, they reached the entrance tunnel to the Moonstone's cavern, and she turned to Sparkpaw. "We're almost there. Stay close to me, okay? It's something Amberdawn taught me when I became a medicine cat apprentice - you should stay on the path, but you don't know where it is yet, so stay close."

With that, Mothpaw led the way into the tunnel, stopping only when they were standing before the Moonstone. "Now you just have to touch your nose to the stone and close your eyes."

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 9 Oct 2019 - 11:45

The journey was indeed peaceful -- but also very tiring. How did Mothpaw do it all the time, journeying to and from Highstones multiple times each moon? She was definitely stronger than how she seemed upon first glance. Sparkpaw respected her resilience and perseverance. The cave itself was so incredibly dark, even by ShadowClan's standards, yet Mothpaw still knew where to go. Her bravery was something to behold as well. Sparkpaw was quickly growing to enjoy being in the company of the Clan's medicine cat apprentice.

Sparkpaw took a few moments to take in the sight of the Moonstone once they had reached the open den within Mothermouth. It was so huge, and so bright; after being used to walking around in pitch darkness, the sudden cold brightness was putting a real stain on her eyes. She waited for her eyes to adjust before slowly approaching it, as Mothpaw had instructed.

Nestling down in front of it, her paws underneath her belly to protect it from the sheer cold of the floor, the apprentice placed her nose on the surface of the Moonstone. Instantly, she felt coldness ricocheting through her entire being, causing her to tense up -- but it was almost as instantly replaced with a calming warmth.

Light flickered through her eyelids, and when she opened them again, she found she was no longer in the cave with Mothpaw and the Moonstone, but rather in a beautifully lit grassy plain. Was this StarClan?

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 9 Oct 2019 - 15:09

Frog watched as the little dark-furred creature appeared. Ah, stars, she's gonna be big like the other ones, isn't she? the gray StarClan cat thought, examining the slowly awakening apprentice's form. She's only gonna be little to me for a bit longer. I was always small - better for sneaking. Frog's glimmering green eyes sparkled as she watched the she-cat's head raised, eyes blinking as she peered about to take in the beautiful sights. Well, she was quiet right off the bat. Did that make her more or less like Asterspark? Only one way to find out. "Yep, you found your way. This is StarClan." Frog called, stepping out from an overhanging bush to present herself to the apprentice. Stars glimmered in her eyes as she asked, "I'm curious, Sparkpaw; do you think you're more like your mom or your dad?"

Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 9 Oct 2019 - 19:34

A brand-new voice speaking through the silent serenity of the starlit plains spooked Sparkpaw into jolting. She whipped around to find a black molly standing before her. She had many scents on her being, but one that was more pungent than the rest was ShadowClan. Did that mean she used to be her Clanmate? Well, she probably used to be her kin's Clanmate in any case.

At the cat's unexpected question, she blinked in bewilderment. She didn't know what she was supposed to have expected tonight, but this was definitely far from what she expected to be asked. Did she know Sans and Thornstar? Neither of them were by any stretch of the word young, so it could be possible they had known her while she had still been alive. As for the question....

After taking some time to contemplate on her answer, she looked up at the black molly and meowed, "I believe I closely resemble my mother as opposed to my father. I had inherited her fur, size, personality, and temper." Now, how did she resemble Sans? It was easy to determine Thornstar's genetic influence on her, but her father was a bit trickier. She hummed softly in thought. "...I may not have the same looks or behaviors as Sans, but he has taught me very important morals during my kithood. His loyalty and sense of justice is inspirational."

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 4:58

At first glance, the ShadowClan apprentice was quite clearly like her mother with a thick, dark coat patched with gray and sharp, bright eyes. Frog wasn't asking for a physical comparison. She knew very well what both of them looked like, both before and after her death. Still, she waited patiently as Sparkpaw seemed to take her time to answer. She's a thinker, at least - not sure which parent she could get that from. Maybe her mentor's teaching it to her. At last the visiting apprentice answered, seeming to have thought it through quite thoroughly. Sparkpaw cited her physical appearance as coming from Thornstar and Frog merely lifted a brow at that, appearing unimpressed. At temper, though, Frog snorted a little. We'll see.

Sparkpaw spoke of her father, too - "Sans" as he had decided to call himself after being exiled, and still called himself despite supposedly wanting to be in the Clan. Frog could hardly fault him; she would have joined Burntstag in a heartbeat if she'd been alive. Being dead, though, made it much easier to to judge him. "I'm glad 'Sans' was useful to you - but, I'm sorry, I'm curious. Which loyalty are you referring to? What justice?" Frog blinked her eyes innocently, looking at Sparkpaw as though simply asking for a tale. She even crouched down as if preparing for a long one.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019 - 18:22

"The loyalty to my Clan and family and the sense of justice to do what's right, of course," Sparkpaw meowed, as if she were stating the obvious. "My Clanmates are more than just that; they're all family, whether they're related to me or not. We all work together to protect our way of life from those who threaten it. Sans also told me to always do what's right in your heart and trust your instinct, even if it may not be ideal for the warrior code. While I may not have agreed to that at first, he had told me a story."

The dark-furred apprentice settled down as well, wrapping her fluffy tail around herself. "Many moons ago, before the Great Flood, while my grandfather was still leader of ShadowClan, my uncle had been attacked by a RiverClanner at Fourtrees. Apparently, way back then, ShadowClan and RiverClan had been very strong allies, so for a RiverClanner to have attacked a ShadowClanner -- at Fourtrees no less -- was kind of unheard of. While the RiverClanner didn't cause Poppyheart's death -- obviously -- she still played a major role in him going missing. Sans told me that he had been taken by Twolegs because he had been too weak and injured to escape.

"While Scorchstar tried to figure out who had caused Poppyheart's disappearance, Sans said he knew exactly who it had been,"
she continued. "He told me he had recognized the scent of RiverClan, and he had paid attention to all the mannerisms and behaviors of every cat in every Clan during Gatherings. He's a pretty detailed observer. He knew it had been a RiverClanner named Coldgaze, who had been known to cause mischief in the past. Even if Scorchstar was skeptical that Coldgaze had been the culprit, Sans still stood his ground and insisted it had been her. When he and RiverClan's former leader approached her about it, she had confessed in saying it had been her who had attacked Poppyheart. As punishment, Scorchstar told the RiverClan leader that, until Poppyheart was found again, Coldgaze would spend the rest of her days in ShadowClan as one of us."

Sparkpaw stood back up, reaching the end of her story. "Apparently, it had been short-lived, as Sans had been reunited with Poppyheart shortly after the Great Flood. But still, Sans had stuck by his gut feeling and found the true culprit that had caused Poppyheart's disappearance, and she had paid the ultimate price of being forced to be loyal to a Clan that was not her own for it. Sans is just, but he's also very observant, clever, and stealthy. I want to be just like him in that aspect, so that if one of my own littermates gets hurt, I'll know exactly who was at fault so that I can deal karmic retribution to them."

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 23 Oct 2019 - 7:08

Well, Frog had asked the loaded question. She had known before the little kit even spoke that she would hate what Sparkpaw was going to say. While the StarClan warrior had gained much sympathy for Astersp--Sans and the things he'd gone through, her view of him was poisoned and biased and always would be. "The loyalty to my Clan," Sparkpaw cited first, and Frog thought, ShadowClan or StagClan? "Family" Sparkpaw had also cited, but Frog thought, The family that made him, or the family he made? She had to fight the urge to spit or laugh or interrupt the kit, who was clearly just as arrogant as her father, as Sparkpaw began to monologue about the "trials" of Sans when Poppyheart had been attacked and then taken away by twolegs.

How in StarClan's name is that such a big deal? Sans wasn't even at risk when he made that accusation. How does that show loyalty? Frog thought irritably. When at last Sparkpaw finished, she spoke proudly, delivering her own moral: "Sans is just, but he's also very observant, clever, and stealthy. I want to be just like him in that aspect, so that if one of my own littermates gets hurt, I'll know exactly who was at fault so that I can deal karmic retribution to them."

"I'm glad you got to have that experience with him. How touching," Frog said through a sneer, barely concealing a growl. "The Sans that I knew was my mentor, and a useless one at that. Here's my wisdom, for one or both of us: some cats change. Some don't. Some act like they did just to get on your good side. If you're smart, you'll find a more stable idol. Maybe adore him a little bit less, focus on yourself a little bit more." Frog's pale green eyes narrowed, and she added, "Cats will disappoint you. Get ready for it."

And with that Frog stood and turned around, and immediately her pale gray shape melded into a growing darkness as the dream began to disappear.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Sparkpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1