Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

What Is School For?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3847

What Is School For? Empty
PostSubject: What Is School For?   What Is School For? EmptyMon 3 Sep 2018 - 21:29

What is school for?

"Feel free to call me slow. But I spent 16 years going to school and I still don't know.
When I finished I didn't know how to do my own taxes, purchase a home or apply for a loan. I didn't know a thing about investments, building credit, or getting a job.
I graduated at the top of my class, and what did I have?
This fancy diploma to sit at home with."

Let's hecking discuss this. What is school for? Should educators be required to teach useful life skills to students? Should these classes be mandatory? Would this even be possible? There's only so much time in the day, and it's not like the education system can spare money to pay teachers overtime.

Anonymous

What Is School For? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is School For?   What Is School For? EmptyMon 3 Sep 2018 - 21:39

Honestly, the American education system is very flawed. A lot of it focuses around the memorization of facts and regurgitating information instead of stimulating the brain and allowing for creative growth. The potential of growth in young people is so stunted. Especially now because the 'new-age brain' is something that our system does not work with. The younger era does not process in the same way, like the brain has literally changed over the years with our use of technology and only processes in shorter increments of time. It is just a different way of processing. But, the education system does not keep up.

I am so grateful for the classes I have had in my college because I am such a creative thinker and having practical courses has helped me so much. I spent years in elementary/middle/high school failing because of the system and lack of wiggle room for creative growth. If you can't work in the set mold, you don't learn much. Practical thought, education, and development is so important.

If our schools taught students how to think more critically and learn HOW to learn instead of what to memorize and repeat, we would be so much better off.
Back to top Go down

What Is School For?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: