Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Extra Stories

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

Extra Stories Empty
PostSubject: Extra Stories   Extra Stories EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 14:22

Hoi! I decided to make a few extra stories about Annabelle, Nutfur's parents, and my soon to be character Dryad. Please don't post until I say it's okay.

A Red Storm of Fur and Petals:

Redfur walked out of the medicine den, vibrating slightly. The warrior still couldn't believe the news that she had just received. Her warrior ceremony had just been a little over two moons ago, and she was already expecting kits! This was what she had wanted since she was young, and she had the perfect mate to raise them with. It seemed like StarClan was blessing her, and she felt as if she deserved it. After working her tail off for moons, a little time in the nursery would be well-deserved. Her mother had never liked her mate, and warned her against having kits with him, but she didn't mind what she thought. Following her heart was the most important thing, it was what had lead her to where she was now. And that was a place she wanted to stay in forever. Looking around camp, she quickly spotted Petalstorm by the prey pile. How would he react to being a father? It wasn't much of a question, he would definitely be just as excited as she was. After all, he was going to be a father. Trotting towards him, she reached his side in a matter of moments, a wide grin spread across her face. "Petalstorm, I have some news!"
"What is it?" the chestnut brown warrior immediately sounded nervous, but relaxed at the smile across his mate's face. She could tell he was a bit confused, probably wondering what in StarClan's name was getting her this ecstatic. Well, he probably wasn't expecting what she was about to say! For a few moments, the usually calm and contained warrior was too out of breath to speak. But she somehow managed to regain enough of her composure to say a few words.
"I'm expecting kits! You're going to be a father!" Her words came out as an excited squeal, surprising herself. Redfur usually was good at not showing her excitement this much, but now she was with her mate at one of the best moments in her entire life. If there was any time she should let her excitement out, it was now. However, half the happiness she was feeling shattered when she saw the expression on Petalstorm's face. Though it started out as the shock she had expected, instead of turning to joy, it turned into absolute horror. The she-cat froze, not knowing what to do next. As her mate turned to look at her, she could tell that he was feeling similarly. Except whatever he was sad about was a total mystery to her. As the smile on her face fell, he noticed and sighed.
"Redfur, I don't think I'm ready to be a father. And don't try to convince me otherwise, it's not something I'll ever be cut out for," he said in a near whisper. Redfur frowned, not knowing what she should do next. That honestly wouldn't be to big of a problem, she would be there and as soon as the kits were born, she was sure his paternal instincts would kick in and he would be the best father ever. Though those thoughts filled her mind, she was also partially annoyed. Why was he willing to risk the happiness of his mate and kits because of his own self-doubt? Even though she knew she shouldn't be thinking like this, that was the way she felt.
"Keep thinking like that and of course you'll be a bad father. I know you won't believe me, but your fatherly nature will kick in as soon as the kits are born, I'm sure of it. And you knew what you were signing up for when you took on a mate," she commented, a slightly irritated tone in ver voice. As much as she loved him, she had to admit that he had a tendency to doubt himself and give up easily. That's what her mom didn't like about him. The brown tom sighed and looked back at the half eaten fish between his paws.
"I didn't sign up for kits, I signed up for you. And I love you. But our kits are going to have a horrible father, and it's the beginning of Leafbare. Why did you have to get pregnant now?" Petalstorm took another bite out of his fish, not even making eye contact with his mate. Redfur was just in shock at the tone of hopelessness in his voice. They could deal with both of this things! They had fought off a fox together, for StarClan's sake! Kits were a blessing, and he seemed to be thinking of them as a curse. Suddenly she didn't want to hear any more of his complaining. They would make up later, and she still loved him, but she wouldn't let him squash her happiness at the thought of being a mother. Abruptly, she turned towards the warrior's den, jaw clenched in an effort not to seem angry.
"Well we're having them, no matter what you want. I'll speak with you again tomorrow, and I don't want to hear another complaint. I'm happy about this, so please, if you love me, don't ruin this." With those words she stalked away towards the warrior's den, ignoring whatever Petalstorm said next. Right now she could brag to some of her friends about this, and next time she talked with her mate none of this would be mentioned again. Sometimes optimism was a blindfold from the truth, and one would never even know it. The red furred warrior sat down in her den, thinking up possible names for her kits. They would make great warriors someday, she was sure of it.

To be continued...

Extra Stories Signat10
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

Extra Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Stories   Extra Stories EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 15:29

A Petal's Point of View:

"Wait! We can talk about this now!" Redfur completely ignored his call as she stalked away towards the warrior's den. Petalstorm sighed sadly and took another bite out of his fish. Why did he always have to ruin things with his mate? This was definitely not the first time it had happened. There was that time he accidentally fell into a fox den, and she had to save him, nearly dying in the process. And at their vigil after becoming warriors, where he got scared by bug and cried out. She had to reassure him while he cried about not being fit to be a warrior. Or when he had accidentally insulted her in front of a quite larger patrol. And now he had made her sad during one of her happiest moments! He was a horrible mate, and had no idea why she still loved him. She deserved way better than a pathetic excuse for a warrior. Now he was going to inadvertently ruin their kits lives as well by being just as bad a father as he was a mate. He would try his best, but he knew that he would fail in the role. Why did she have to be expecting kits? Once again he took a large bite out of the fish, chewing quickly and with a strange strength. His mate was right. Being optimistic may not solve problems, but being pessimistic just caused even more.
The brown tom got up from the spot where he had been laying, quickly finishing the amounts of meat left on it and depositing the bones in the dirt place on his way out. He needed some time alone to think about what had just happened. The sun had nearly completely disappeared over the horizon, leaving the sky a dark shade of blue. All the formal patrols had already returned for the night, so now he was one of the only cats out in the forest. The fear of predators wasn't even on his mind as he ran further from the river. It would be easier to not be a disappointment to the clan if he wasn't part of it anymore. But he stopped himself. His thoughts, his sprint, his doubt suddenly ceased. The warrior had reached the Broken Pools, and stared at his reflection in the water. He loved his mate dearly, and could never leave her. And the best way to be a disappointment was to abandon them. He looked into the reflection of his light amber eyes, wondering if any of his kits would inherit that trait (nope nut gets it from her mom). For the first time, the thought of being a father seemed somewhat appealing. Maybe this would work. Those thoughts were on his mind when a huge paw hit his back, sending the warrior sprawling. He looked up to see a huge brown dog standing where he had just been. Freezing in fear, Petalstorm wasn't sure what to do. He felt certain that this dog was going to kill him. The huge beast charged towards him, jaw open to reveal rows of sharp teeth. This was the end. This was how he was going to die. Or at least that would've happened if not for a sudden yellow furred tom that jumped out, hissing and screeching at the dog. The creature stopped its charge, head shrinking into its shoulders. The warrior still stood frozen, watching the other cat make some sort of barking noise at the dog, until it ran away towards the twoleg farm. The yellow tom then rolled his eyes and approached the RiverClan tom.
"Sorry about Truffle. She was just trying to play with you, but her claws don't sheath like ours do," the tom mewed, in a friendly tone. Only then did Petalstorm dare to move, getting shakily back to his paws and looking at his savior in shock. Who was the tom, and why was he here? He could feel a small trickle of blood run down his back, and wondered if the dog really was just playing. But he didn't voice what he was feeling. A warrior didn't show their pain, and he needed, and he needed to be a way better warrior if he wanted to be even a decent father.
"What are you doing in RiverClan territory?" he growled, trying not to show how dazed he was. The stranger let out a rather insensitive amused snort, causing Petalstorm to narrow his eyes. What in StarClan's name could possibly be funny about this situation? He had just been attacked by a dog, and was asking a non clan member to get out of his territory, so they would be lucky not to get into a fight, let alone share a laugh. Growling, the brown tom dug his claws into the ground, wondering if he would have to use them.
"So for all you know, I just saved your life. And your asking me to leave?" The tom let out another snort of amusement, an arrogant smirk crossing his face. "I always thought that you clan cats were strange. My name's Greek, by the way, you?" Petalstorm sheathed his claws and looked down at the ground, suddenly feeling quite embarrassed. He could see the sense in Greek's words, and realized he did owe this loner something in return. Would just giving his name be enough? But fear of Fishstar exiling him burned in his mind. What if this tom mentioned his name to a clanmate, and he got in trouble for being friends with a rogue? That would be horrible, and give his kits just another problem. But wasn't his name the least he could give a cat who saved his life. Finally, his mind came to what seemed like a smart decision.
"I'm Petalstorm, but please don't tell any of my clanmates you met me. And sorry for seeming hostile, but why are you in RiverClan territory?" The warrior met the loner's gaze firmly, and Greek seemed to be satisfied with the answer.
"Nice to meet you, Petalstorm. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." Petalstorm dipped in his head in a response, earning a smile from the loner. "I was on your territory because I saw Truffle got loose, and didn't want her causing too much havoc." Now the warrior felt guilty, realizing that he had yelled at Greek for saving his life. That wasn't the most honorable move, especially for a warrior. But he didn't know. It didn't matter though. If he had just thought things through, maybe he could have been kinder. Once again, he had ruined a potentially enjoyable moment. Noticing the chill of the night Leafbare air, the RiverClan warrior realized he should be getting back to camp soon. The stars already shone bright in the sky, signaling that it was quite late at night. As nice as this loner seemed, he would have to say goodbye forever now.
"It was nice meeting you too, Greek. Sorry for my brash actions earlier," Petalstorm apologized, and Greek dipped his head in a sign of forgiveness. A small weight on the warrior's heart disappeared. "I better, be going, though. My clanmates will be missing me."
"Bye," Greek said as he began trotting in the direction of the twoleg farm, and Petalstorm turned in the direction of camp. It was time to head home. By the time the warrior had arrived back at camp, it was nearly moonhigh. He was chilled to the bone, not used the the cold of Leafbare at night. A nice rest and little warmth would be gratefully accepted. If he wanted to work hard to become a great warrior for his kits, he would first need to catch up on a little sleep. Talking to loners and getting hurt while he could be conserving energy was not a good use of time. Slipping silently into the warrior's den, he managed not to wake a single cat up as he padded to the den that he shared with Redfur. He laid down beside her, glad for the warmth that radiated from her body. At times like these he felt content with himself, about to fall asleep next to the she-cat that he loved. Before long, the chestnut colored tom had reached a peaceful state, slowly dropping of the sleep. Hopefully no one would notice his wounds in the morning.

Reason why this is late:

Extra Stories Signat10
Back to top Go down

Extra Stories
Page 1 of 1