Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Not a Band Assignment But Still

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Little

Little

Clan/Rank : I'm currently inactive from the site due to life.
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3059

Not a Band Assignment But Still Empty
PostSubject: Not a Band Assignment But Still   Not a Band Assignment But Still EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 19:06

http://musescore.com/user/203058/scores/194836
So I had come up with an original piece of music that I made a flute trio called 'Seasons,' and I thought it sounded cool, so I wanted to further it and make it multiple seasons in form of flute trio. I finished Autumn and Winter, the first two seasons in this. I made the first measure of the Spring section and my laptop felt it would be hilarious to crash. I had worked on this for about 2 1/2 hours, and I thankfully saved it online, but just, ugh, so mad. Anyway, some thoughts would be great :D This is my 3rd piece of music from the top of my head and I'd appreciate some thoughts. Thanks!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚

I currently do not have any characters
☼*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫

Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Characters : Bramblekit
Clan/Rank : Windclan kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 6644

PostSubject: Re: Not a Band Assignment But Still   Not a Band Assignment But Still EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 22:52

I will say, I do like this one a lot better than your first one, and that's mainly because three flutes fit much better than a flute and a saxophone xD this is very nice~ I see you have a thing for 6/8. I like it very much. The only problem I have with it is that the ending chord leaves the piece feeling very incomplete as if it is supposed to go into something else. While it does actually end on a I chord which is very nice, I think the biggest thing is how each part leaps really far to get to a specific note, especially all of those jumps that range farther than an octave such as the octave and a 6th in the second to last measure in the first part. Or the octave and a third in the last two measures in the 3rd part. If at all possible, you want to try to keep all motion step-wise. Of course, leaps of 3rds, 4ths, and 5ths are typically fine, but anything more than that gets a little crazy cx My suggestion as to keeping that I chord at the end of the song would probably be something like this:
Since the first part is already consistently an E in the second to last measure, simply move it up to the F for the last chord. In the second part, since you have a pattern of the leaps already working there, move that last note from that crazy leap of a little over an octave to a forth by bringing that up to the D, and last but not least, for the third part (since it seems to take over the melody in that last beat), just bring the B up an octave. That makes it easier to play and it will sound a little more finished.

But all in all, that's just what I have to say about it and a simple suggestion that you don't have to follow if you don't want to ;u; Like I said, over all, it's really really good and it sounds fantastic! There's just a couple of things you have to watch out for~ 

Love it <3
Back to top Go down
Sandlyness

Sandlyness

Clan/Rank : [S]StarClan/Warrior [L]Unknown/Warrior[N]StarClan/Rogue[D]Dark Forest/Rogue[S]Riverclan/Kit
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 1839

PostSubject: Re: Not a Band Assignment But Still   Not a Band Assignment But Still EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 23:14

I know this probably sounds really far fetched and odd, but do you make any scores for Percussion (Snare particularly)?

Not a Band Assignment But Still 2889_Germany
Back to top Go down
http://www.mr2ndgen.forumotion.com
Little

Little

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Not a Band Assignment But Still   Not a Band Assignment But Still EmptyMon 2 Jun 2014 - 23:18

Sorry, I don't know percussion instruments xD I don't know how to play flute either, but I'd probably fail so bad at snare drum you wouldn't even believe.

☼*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫

Back to top Go down
Sandlyness

Sandlyness

Clan/Rank : [S]StarClan/Warrior [L]Unknown/Warrior[N]StarClan/Rogue[D]Dark Forest/Rogue[S]Riverclan/Kit
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 1839

PostSubject: Re: Not a Band Assignment But Still   Not a Band Assignment But Still EmptyTue 3 Jun 2014 - 0:13

Haha! Sounds legit, but if you don't play the flute then
1.) Why do you make flute sheet music?
2.) What instrument do you play?

Not a Band Assignment But Still 2889_Germany
Back to top Go down
http://www.mr2ndgen.forumotion.com
Sunny

Sunny

Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior
Libra Snake
Number of posts : 1492

PostSubject: Re: Not a Band Assignment But Still   Not a Band Assignment But Still EmptyTue 3 Jun 2014 - 10:50

No precussion instruments are hard, really. (other than
Iano and thats string and precussion) I taught myself drums and the guy at Samash Music said as was better than some of his pupils.

All you really have to do is find a soft beat that goes with the music, and add a little flourish now and then. /buttingintootherpeoplesconvos

Mystic, rouge she-cat (Alive)
Spoiler:

Streamclaw, she-cat of RiverClan (not alive yet)
Spoiler:

Blue----, she-cat of RiverClan. (not alive yet)
Spoiler:

Epic Rain-made avatar
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Little

Little

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Not a Band Assignment But Still   Not a Band Assignment But Still EmptyTue 3 Jun 2014 - 16:09

Sandly
1) The program makes saxophone sound like a fart to me.
2) Alto Sax.

☼*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

PostSubject: Re: Not a Band Assignment But Still   Not a Band Assignment But Still EmptyTue 3 Jun 2014 - 16:58

Hot damn, Skia throwin' her musical knowledge around like a bamf

Not a Band Assignment But Still PDt1Qqd Not a Band Assignment But Still Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not a Band Assignment But Still   Not a Band Assignment But Still Empty

Back to top Go down

Not a Band Assignment But Still
Page 1 of 1