Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Your opinions on Ashfur?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Willowbarkrc

Willowbarkrc

Clan/Rank : RiverClan apprentice
Scorpio Pig
Number of posts : 68

Your opinions on Ashfur? Empty
PostSubject: Your opinions on Ashfur?   Your opinions on Ashfur? EmptySat 8 Dec 2012 - 3:47

What are your opinions on Ashfur's life in general? Personally, he started to become one of my favorite characters in the scene where he and Fernpaw helped lure the dogs to the gorge. I was pretty glad when he started getting more popular in the second series, and I definitely have mixed feelings on the whole Squirrelflight deal.
Personally, I don't think Squirrelflight should have showed signs of being interested when she wasn't, and I'm not surprised when he exploded at her during the fire. I can't imagine what it would have felt like to keep all his stress and misery pent up inside for the sake of his Clan- eventually it all came exploding out. Maybe if he was more openly bitter about the subject or talked about it, he wouldn't have freaked out.

Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on Ashfur?   Your opinions on Ashfur? EmptySat 8 Dec 2012 - 4:08

I wouldn't hate Ashfur so much if he wasn't so damn popular and if he hadn't gone to StarClan. "His only crime was loving too much"? Yes, that and ATTEMPTED MURDER.

Being bitter over being lead on is not a good enough reason to completely snap and try to kill multiple people. D|

Your opinions on Ashfur? I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Willowbarkrc

Willowbarkrc

Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on Ashfur?   Your opinions on Ashfur? EmptySat 8 Dec 2012 - 4:29

Yeah I definitely agree that he's too popular of a character, but I can understand why he went to StarClan. It was his gnawing love and jealousy that drove him to snapping, he wasn't actually planning on taking over the Clans or anything >:I
Although he was overreacting a bit to being rejected. But if you think about it, if your rejected in real life, you never even have to see that person again if you don't want to, and Ashfur had to continuously communicate with Squirrelflight and deal with the situation for the rest of his life. You also don't need to even talk to people who hurt you, but Ashfur on the other hand didn't want to be a burden or create a scene by openly refusing to acknowledge her.

Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on Ashfur?   Your opinions on Ashfur? EmptySat 8 Dec 2012 - 4:46

I do like Ashfur and I hate how people forget what a great character he was before he was thrown at / used by Squirrelflight.

I mean, he was a notable apprentice in the first series. A loyal warrior. And, if anyone else has noticed, before Squirrel came along, he and Brambleclaw were bestest buddies.

That + what Willow has already said. ;u; dfgsodtihaaashfurrrrr. <3

Your opinions on Ashfur? PDt1Qqd Your opinions on Ashfur? Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Nix ♥

Nix ♥

Clan/Rank : Riverclan warrior / Thunderclan kit
Sagittarius Dog
Number of posts : 191

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on Ashfur?   Your opinions on Ashfur? EmptySat 8 Dec 2012 - 8:14

]I really liked Ashfur before het got mad... He was nice and kind, a lovely warriors (and I love his sister too ♥). But Squirrelflight shouldn't had let him down when she choose Brambleclaw, Ashfur was really in love with her.
    In the third serie, I cannot say I don't like him, she must be feeling abandonned by the only one he had loved (who couldn't feel jealous ?). I understand he became crazy and hate Lion, Jay and Holly, but I hated the point that he tried to revealed it in a Gathering.
    Just to say that I really have liked Ashfur, whe would have made a great mate for Squirrel (although I don't like her and he's a little to sticky ><)

Owlkit || Thuderclan's kit:

Your opinions on Ashfur? Gardevoir

Current life; Frostleap of Riverclan
Owlkit of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
Willowbarkrc

Willowbarkrc

Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on Ashfur?   Your opinions on Ashfur? EmptySat 8 Dec 2012 - 18:02

Exactly <3 I loved how Brambleclaw and him were totally best friends before the whole Squirrelflight deal, and then they kind of broke apart during that argument. Personally, I don't think two bros should fight just because they held the same love interest. Not cool.

meme police

meme police

Characters : Antkit, Dipperkit
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan/kit, ShadowClan/kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 1976

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on Ashfur?   Your opinions on Ashfur? EmptyTue 1 Jan 2013 - 16:07

Ashfur, along with Scourge, is my all time favorite cat, hands down. I was eager to read Long Shadows, then nearly ripped my book down the spine, but did throw it across the room when Ashfur was killed by Hollyleaf. I used to be ok with Squirrelflight, and still am, but Hollyleaf is just.. No. She's too concious about the Warrior code, and she's annoying. Ashfur was- and is - a great cat, even though, as StarClan said, he loved too much. I was almost at the point of rage when he was killed, and thought he'd gone to the Dark Forest, but was happy when he went to StarClan. I, personally, think that he, like Cinderpelt, deserves a second chance.

Art credit to Grey.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on Ashfur?   Your opinions on Ashfur? EmptyTue 1 Jan 2013 - 16:18

Sarrow wrote:
Ashfur, along with Scourge, is my all time favorite cat, hands down. I was eager to read Long Shadows, then nearly ripped my book down the spine, but did throw it across the room when Ashfur was killed by Hollyleaf. I used to be ok with Squirrelflight, and still am, but Hollyleaf is just.. No. She's too concious about the Warrior code, and she's annoying. Ashfur was- and is - a great cat, even though, as StarClan said, he loved too much. I was almost at the point of rage when he was killed, and thought he'd gone to the Dark Forest, but was happy when he went to StarClan. I, personally, think that he, like Cinderpelt, deserves a second chance.

"Loving too much" is not an excuse. He tried to murder people out of his own personal vengeance for something overall petty.

Normal people might get hit hard when the person they love goes ahead and falls in love with someone else, but normal people do not then go to their former lover's house with a machete and try to kill an entire family.

He helped Hawkfrost to try and kill Firestar. He then almost kills Squirrelflight, Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Hollyleaf. For what? All to get his revenge on Squirrelflight for not loving him? It irritates me to no end that people try to justify Ashfur's actions because he was heartbroken over Squirrelflight.

Your opinions on Ashfur? I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on Ashfur?   Your opinions on Ashfur? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your opinions on Ashfur?
Page 1 of 1