Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. Empty
PostSubject: My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness.   My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. EmptyMon 7 Nov 2011 - 19:08

A.P. U.S. History Unit 2 Plz.

shet to cover.

1. These acts forced Great Britain to recognize American rights...
2. Neutrality Proclamation of 1793.
3. Manufacturing has positive benefits to society is a belief held by...
4. Financial program of Alexander Hamilton...
5. The event caused the Lewis and Clark expedition...
6. New England merchants problems with Hamilton
7. Objectives of Bacon's Rebellion, Boston Tea Part, Shay's Rebellion, && Whiskey Rebellion
8. Attitude of founding fathers toward political parties
9. Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions
10. Actions of the first Congress of the United States
11. Argument against Sedition Act
12. Jefferson's beliefs in 1970s.
13. Why Washington used the military...
14. Debate over 1st Bank of the United States
15. Doctrine of nullification
16. This act hurt the New England states
17. This branch of government helped the Federalists from during the early 1800s.
18. Results of European Wars in the 1790s for George Washington
19. War of 1812 naval effectiveness.
20. Republican response to Alien and Sedition Acts
21. Hartford Convention
22. Original reason to get Louisiana
23. Supreme Court case that determined the constitutionality of congressional enactments.
24. Impressment
25. Thomas Jefferson's view of a future society.
26. Revolution of 1800
27. Missouri Compromise.
28. Motivation for the War of 1812.
29. Monroe Doctrine
30. Preventing war with France
31. Effects of the War of 1812.
32. Treaty of Ghent
33. Judicial Review
34. Relied heavily on trade with Britain
35. Main characteristic of Era of Good Feelings
36. Midnight Judges opposition
37. Andrew Jackson and Florida
38. Embargo Act of 1807
39. Federalist policies changed by Jefferson
40. Foreign policy goals prior to 1812.
41. Marbury vs. Madison
42. Native Americans and the War of 1812.
43. Controlling the Mississippi River
44. U.S. decision to enter the War of 1812.
45. Embargo of 1807 effects on economy.
46. Consequences of War of 1812.
47. Lasting effect of the Hartford Convention.
48. When this even ended, sea neutrality stopped as an issue
49. Second Bank of the United States.
50. We are all Republicans, we are all Federalists speaker.
51. This conflict accelerated U.S. manufacturing.
52. Reason Federalist added the Bill of Rights (R)
53. Hamilton's Financial Plan parts.
54. This declared federal laws can be unconstitutional...
55. Argued States could nullify acts of Congress
56. Beginning of the decline of Federalists
57. Consequences of the election of 1800
58. Monroe Doctrine definition
59. Invention of the Cotton Gin results.
60. Why Jefferson opposed Hamilton's plan
61. Josh Marshall's Supreme Court
62. Reasons for the War of 1812.
63. Era of Good Feelings and Nationalism.
64. National issues of 1819 and 1820
65. Republican Motherhood.
66. He established the premise for broad understanding of the Constitution.
67. Washington's policy of neutrality reasons
68. Hamilton's economic policies beliefs.
69. Hartford's Convention Issues
70. Non-Intercourse Act
71. XYZ Affair
72. James Monroe's presidency
73. Second War of Independence effects
74. Proclamation of 1763 (R)
75. Eighth Amendment (R)
76. These early British Acts tried to limit colonial production (R)
77. Ordinances of 1785 and 1787 successes (R)
78. Lacking the authority to tax (R)
79. Jay's Treaty
80. Shay's Rebellion (R)

(R) = Review from Chapter 1

I dun care if you post here, but don't get carried away. I'm just trying to study.
:wthplz:

My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. PDt1Qqd My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness.   My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. EmptyMon 7 Nov 2011 - 19:52

1. These acts forced Great Britain to recognize American rights...

Embargo Act
The warring nations in Europe depended heavily upon the U.S. for raw materials and foodstuffs. Jefferson seized this fact and believed if America voluntarily cut off it's exports, the offending powers would be forced to "bow; hat in hand" and agree to respect the country's rights. Congress quickly passed the act in 1807. Cut off ALL export of goods, American or otherwise.
American economy stared falling drastically before either Britain or Frances started to bend. The People hated it. Federalist party gained more supporters. New England started talk of secession. U.S. Government itself started to waver.
this act failed. period.
Congress finally repealed embargo on March 1st, 1809. Replaced by the "Non-Intercourse Act".

Non-Intercourse Act
Passed after the fabulous Embargo Act. Formally reopened trade with all nations of the world, except for the two biggest problems, Britain and France.
My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. DamnenglandplzMy APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. Wtfranceplz
... because they don't know when to stop fighting.
Anyways. Though thus watered down, economic coercion continued to be the policy of the Jeffersonians from 1809 to 1812, when the nation finally plunged into war. The bill was due to expire in 1810.

Macon's Bill No. 2
Jefferson happily stepped out of presidency, what he called "spendid misery". >>;;
Madison took the presidential oath on March 4th, 1809 as the awesome conflict in Europe was roaring to it's climax. He was unable to dominate Congress as Jefferson had done, he often found himself holding the bag for risky foreign policies not of his own making.
To Madison's dismay, Congress dismantled the embargo completely with a bargaining measure... Which would be Macon's Bill No. 2.
It once again opened up trading with the rest of the world, but with a catch to both Britain and France.
If either of the two countries repealed it's commercial restrictions, America would restore the embargo against the non-repealing nation.

So, basically...
If Britain lifted the trade restrictions with America, then America would ban all trade with France.
And if France lifted their restrictions with America first, then America would cut off all trade with Britain.

To Madison, the bill was a shameful capitulation. It practically admitted that the United States could not survive without one of the two countries as a commercial ally, but it left the determination of who that ally would be to ze Britain and le France.

Napoleon of de la France be teh tricky basturd.

In 1806, Great Britain had declared that if France just so happened to lift their trade restrictions to neutral trade, the British just might happen to do the same... maybe.
France then started to make the same half-promise. Neutral Trade = Most Everyone's Happy.
Napoleon had no intention on allowing unrestricted trade between America and Britain. Rather, he hoped to maneuver the U.S. into resuming it's embargo against the British, thus creating a partial blockade against his enemy that he wouldn't have to raise a finger to enforce.
Madison didn't trust the bish, but was willing to gamble in hope that in seeing the U.S. trade only with France, Britain would repeal their restrictions... and vice-versa.

The Terms of Macon's Bill gave the British three months to live up to their implied promise by revoking the Orders in Council and reopening the Atlantic to neutral trade.

Of course Britain didn't do it. .3. Sillies.
In firm control of the seas, the United Kingdom saw little need to bargain. As long as the war with Napoleon went on, America could trade exclusively with the British Empire... or with nobody at all.
Madison's Bargain failed and he had no choice to reestablish the embargo against Britain alone, which he knew very well would mean the end of American Neutrality and a seriously good chance of being dragged into war.

My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. PDt1Qqd My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness.   My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. EmptyMon 7 Nov 2011 - 20:18

2. Neutrality Proclamation of 1793.

France tried to enlist US in conflict between Britain and Spain. Washington issues proclamation on April 22.
... basically.

Ominously, the Franco-American alliance of 1778 was still on the books. By it's own terms, it was supposed to last foreverrr. It bound the United States to help the French defend their West Indies against future foes, and both of them new dat dere Brit had his eyes on the strategic islands.
Many Jeffersonian Democratic-Republicans favored honoring the alliance. They loved the liberal ideas of the French Revolution...
They wanted to be at the side of France, America owned the cheeze-eating-surrender-monkeys it's freedom, and it was time to pay the debt of gratitude, or so they argued.
...really, they just wanted to join with France so they could kick Britain's azz...

but lovely President Washington, levelheaded as usual, was not swayed by the clamour of the crowd. He believed war must be avoided at all costs. The U.S. in 1793 was militarily weak, economically wobbily, and politically disunited... but hell, the foundations were being laid and the future was being set forth. He reasoned if America could avoid the turmoils of Europe for a generation or two, they could be powerful enough to assert such issues with strength and success.

This be a cardinal policy of the founding fathers.. Delaying shiz. eue Hamilton and Jefferson, often poles apart, were in agreement.

Washington boldy issued his Neutrality Proclamation in 1793, shortly after the outbreak of war between Britain and France. This became a major prop in the isolation tradition, btw.

pro-French Jeffersonians = pissed off. >:C
pro-British Federalists = heartened. C':

And the some French dude came over and tried to invade Spanish-Florida and British-Canada with the American's help... and there americans were like...
"lolnope. :'D"

never happened because France never really pushed America to honor the old treaty. really, most of usa was secretly rooting for the French.

If Americans had entered the war at France's side, the British fleets would have blockaded the American coast and cut off those essential supplies. America was thus much more useful to France as a reliable neutral provider than as a blockaded partner-in-arms.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness.   My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. EmptyMon 7 Nov 2011 - 20:31

3. Manufacturing has positive benefits to society is a belief held by...

- - - - - - Hamilton and the Federalists! My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. Yayamericaplz

not much to say about this one really... c:
so, in absence of such a short answer, here is an America La for your (my) enjoyment.

My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. Herolaplz

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness.   My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. EmptyMon 7 Nov 2011 - 20:46

4. Financial program of Alexander Hamilton...

National bank and $10 million in national debt
yeahreally.

In February 1791, the First Bank of the United States (1791-1811) received a unique national charter for twenty years. Alexander Hamilton's brainchild, a semi-public national bank, was a crucial component in the building of the early U.S. economy. The bank was living la vida for 20 years.

The Panic of 1819 brought it all crashing down. After the Era of Good Feelings, a paralyzing economic panic descended. It brought deflation, depression, bankruptcies, bank failures, unemployment, soup kitchens, and overcrowded pesthouses known as "debtors' prisons".
'twas pretty bad.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness.   My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. EmptyMon 7 Nov 2011 - 20:56

5. The event caused the Lewis and Clark expedition...

The Louisiana Purchase.
You know... all that land we bought off Napoleon...? x3

My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. La_pur

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness.   My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. EmptyMon 7 Nov 2011 - 21:14

6. New England merchant's problems with Hamilton...

He established a tarriff on American trade.
no reasons for you.. i lost my page in my history book and i'm mad about it. >>;;

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness.   My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. EmptyTue 8 Nov 2011 - 20:36

7. Objectives of Bacon’s Rebellion, Boston Tea Party, Shay’s Rebellion, Whiskey Rebellion

To change the rights of the poor.

Bacon's Rebellion
After the restoration of Charles II to the throne at the end of the English Civil War, Parliament passed the Navigation Acts of 1660-63. The tobacco planters in Virginia were no longer able to sell to customers in France, and Dutch ships were prohibited from trading with Virginia.
With this, the economic stability of Virginia took a serious downfall. Due to past over-production and now rapidly falling prices, and with no one to sell too, every 6/7 men were living on nothing besides what they could scrap together.
Add this, along with an unattractive land scape + no women at all to marry = some seriously disappointed and peeved settlers.
In 1676, about a thousand Virginians broke out of control, led by a 29 year old planter, Nathaniel Bacon.

ahem. this sexy stud, right here.:

Thanks to the governor of Virginia's "Indian-Friendly" policy, the settlers were unable to spread out and find more land or opportunity, and so they took matter into their own hands. The rebellion decided to pull a Sleepy and go mass genocide on both friendly and hostile native american's alike. They then chased the governor, Berkeley, out of Jamestown and burnt the capital to the ground.
While this went on, Bacon suddenly died of disease, like many others. Berkeley then returned and put a crushing end to the rebellion, hanging more than twenty of the rebels.
Charles II is reported to have been surprised at Berkeley's repression, saying "That old fool has hanged more men in that naked country than I have done here for the murder of my father." Charles recalled Berkeley to England, where the governor died.

Boston Tea Party
The Powerful British East India Company, overburdened with 17 million pounds of unsold tea, was facing bankruptcy. If it collapsed, the London government would lose heavily in tax revenue. The ministry then decided to assist the company by giving it complete monopoly of the American tea market. Even with taxes to the American people, the price of tea would be cheaper then ever before.
Though, many American tea drinkers cried foul, rather then rejoicing at the low prices. This saw this as the British's shabby attempt to trick American's into taking the bait of cheaper tea as a way of swallowing the principle of the detested tax.
Yeah, because who cares if it's cheaper and you get more tea for your buck and shiz... it doesn't matter! >:C You're taxing us! ... beezee ... really. .3. xP

If the Brits decided to enforce their law, violence in the Americas was sure to occur... and the Brits did enforce their tea law... and violence did occur.

Because the American's are total rebels, not even a single of the several chests shipped by the East India Company ever reached the hands of the consignees. In Philadelphia and New York, mass crowds forced the ships to head back to England with cargo in tow. In Annapolis, Marylanders burned the cargo and the ship while shouting "Liberty and Independence or death in pursuit of it!"
In Charleston, South Carolina, they went crazy. c:
While the governor at the time, Thomas Hutchinson, also disagreed with the tax, he had already felt the fury of the mod last time when they all got pissed off about the Stamp Act and burned his house to the ground. Wanting to take full control and assert the law on the people, he ordered tea ships were forbidden to leave the harbor until the cargo was unloaded.
So, the lovely South Carolina peoples dressed up as Indians and raided the shops on December 16th, 1773. The opened every crate and dumped the tea into the sea, making a lovely brew for the fishies to drink to up.

Reactions to this varied. Radicals were like... "HELLZ YEA >:D". Conservatives were quite upset, claiming the destruction of private property violated the fundamental norms of civil society.
The governor, Hutchinson, was chastened and disgusted. He went home to England and never looked back.
British authorities saw this and thought there was no other choice but to start whipping the colonists into shape.
The granting of some measure of home rule to the American's might have prevented a rebellion, but sadly, only a few Britons at the time would actually realize that... Such as Edmund Burke, the great conservative political theorist and of stout champion of le America's cause. "To tax and to please, no more than to love and be wise," he stoically remarked, "is not given to men."

Shay's Rebellion
---

Whiskey Rebellion
---

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness.   My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness. Empty

Back to top Go down

My APUSH Study Board of Complete Awesomeness.
Page 1 of 1