Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here)

Go down 
+2
Dew
Rainy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rainy

Rainy

Characters : Heatherpaw
Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 5137

Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) Empty
PostSubject: Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here)   Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) Empty3/8/2011, 5:24 am

Here, if you have already entered, you may post your stories. I will not judge any until August 11th. Please post them in the following format:

Title of Story
Author
Actual Story

I would appreciate it if you wanted to make the title/author words bigger, so I can easily distinguish them from part of the story, but it's your choice. Good luck, folks!!

Also, don't post here unless you are posting your short story!!!
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 1905

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here)   Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) Empty3/8/2011, 6:58 am

The Prince of Miotas
By Dew

Miotas. Meaning Myth. A small island off of what is now Scotland. There are sorcerers, shape shifters, and many magical/mythical beings. Zaki is a sorcerer and shapeshifter. Heir to the throne of Miotas. But his twin brother, Gavin, thinks he should be the heir. But since Zaki was 5 minutes earlier, he is. Gavin plans to kill Zaki in his sleep, but when he goes to his room, he is not there. A servent heard of his plots and got Zaki out. When everyone was questioned as to the whereabouts of the prince, the servant, Bonnie Bowden, says that she went to the tallest tower to watch the stars, and watched him fall off. She was whipped, for everyone thought she had pushed him off. Gavin was now heir of the throne.

The green leafed trees rustled in the summer wind. The early morning sun shone through the branches, dappling the forest floor. The cool dew covered grass felt good against my back. I really didn't want to get up. It had been nine years since I had last seen the castle, the kingdom, or even a human. I naturally avoided them, my main shape being a wolf. At night I would hunt, but then I didn't sleep often, so I just roamed in human form. I was growing out of my clothes, and my hair was long. The medium brown strands fell down my back. The blonde and dark red/brown streaks shining in the light. I wore no shirt, considering the fact that I had been seven when I ran off, and now I was sixteen. My pants were shorter, so I had ripped them into shorts. And I wore no shoes. I lived in a cave not far from where I lay now. When I shifted into a wolf, I would put my clothes in the cave. Today I felt rebel, and I lay in a clearing on the skirts of the forest. I knew people walked into the woods, maybe this far, sometimes a little farther in. I lay there expecting someone to come near and see me. Yell "The prince!" and run back to the palace. Of course, no one would recognize me. I've grown maybe 2 feet. I think I wiegh less than when I left. Though I may have gained some wieght as well. Suddenly, I heard small footsteps not far away. I lay as still as I could, trying to make it look like I wasn’t breathing.

“Ew! Mummy!” Said a small voice. There came louder steps. “Is ‘e alive?” I felt a small finger poke my face.

“Alice! Dear, get away from there!” Came a louder voice. Then the steps seemed to go in the other direction, as if they were running. I instantly got up and ran back to my cave. To close. I took off my ‘shorts’ and shifted into a cat. I ran through the forest, right to the edge, where civilization started. Taking a deep breath, I walked into the park. My cat form was nicely groomed, and I looked like a normal pet cat. The ones that chase mice. Though I technically do. I walked across the nicely groomed grass. I watched the small humans-‘kids’ I remember- running along together while their ma’s talked on benches. Then I heard a screech.

“Kitty!!” I heard a chorus of little voices call when they spotted me.

“Oh great.” I muttered to myself. Zipping through the bushes, I quickly lost the group of children, probably not a good thing. I was trying to pose as a pet cat, so that I wouldn’t be yelled at when I passed houses. Now I ran through the busy streets of Miotas. Soon I would be lost, and wouldn’t be able to find my way back to my cave, and my ‘shorts.’ I dashed into and open doorway, ran up the flight of stairs, and into a little bedroom. From the looks of it, the person who slept in this room was maybe my age. I observed the clothes on the floor. Dresses. A girl lived here. I would never be able to change into a human. I heard thumping coming up the stairs. I zipped under the bed, and watched the hall.

“I’ll be righ’ back down da!” A girl called, right as she came into veiw. She was medium/average height. Golden brown hair, and light sparky blue eyes. She had golden ribbons twisted in her hair, a strange thing to see on the daugter of a merchant. She wore a plan creamy dress with a black apron. She had on boots and gloves. She must’ve been helping her da with his work. He must be a carpenter. Maybe a blacksmith. I remembered when I was seven, my da said I would get a sword, in good time, and it would come from Blacksmith Murray, the best metal worker in the kingdom. The girl walked into the room, and went to grab something from the table next to her bed. She must have seen me, for she stopped moving, and kneeled down. “Well, who ‘ave we ‘ere?” She pulled me out from under the bed, and held me up to get a better look. “You’re a handsome cat.” I had the urge to say thank you, but cats don’t talk, and even a polite cat would be a strange thing. “Your eyes, deir beau’iful. T’e color of meh hair.” Alright, my eyes weren’t really the color of her hair, but there were close. She set me down on her bed and looked me in the eye. “You stay ‘ere now, alrigh’? I will be righ’ back.” The girl grabbed what she had come up for, and went back down the stairs. I had the urge to move, but she had been really pretty, I wanted to see her again. I walked off, only to the room next to hers. It felt like a room, but it was racked with dresses galour. I really had the urge to change back in this room, just to see what it felt like to be in a house as a human. I went back to the bed and lay there, until later, in the evening, I heard the girl coming back. I instantly stood up and jumped off the bed, tugging at a blanket. “Wha?” The girl asked. She pulled the blanket down over me. I had to do this before I fell asleep, for I was getting mighty tired. When I sleep, I change back. It wouldn’t be a very good thing to change an wake up in her bed. Especially without my ‘shorts.’

“Please, don’ scare.” I said, still in cat form. “I’m ah sorc’rer an’ shiftah.” Right then, before she had time to react, I shifted back into a human. I popped my head out of one end of the blanket, and wrapped the rest around me.

“Oh my god.” The girl stepped back, afraid and surprised. “Tha’s rare.”

“Yeh, I know.” I said. “Do you have aythin’ I could wear?” I asked.

“Yeh, I guess da wouldn’t mind a few missin’ shirts.” She ran off and came back with a shirt, some pants, a pair of boots, and a vest. I grabbed them and went into the other room. I came back out wearing the clothes.

“They fit nice.” I commented.

“Yeh.” Was all she said. There was a long pause, which was broken by, “oh my god, where are my manners!? I am Codi Murray. Daughter of Luk Murray, best blacksmith in Miotas.” She curtsied then looked back up.

“Er, Z-“ I stopped, remembering that I shouldn’t tell her my real name. “Zira. Alzira Black.”

“It’s nice to meet ya, Zira.” Codi said.

“And you, Codi Murray.” I replied. I don’t remember much past here. We talked for hours before she fell asleep, as did I. When we woke up, she pulled me out of the house when Blacksmith Murray was still asleep. She dragged me to the market. I happened to come into the kingdom the day the market started. She dragged me from counter to counter, showing me her favorite necklaces,rings, and ear rings. Every once in a while, she’d introduce me to some friends. A boy my age name John Winters, a girl older than both of us called Lucy Gray. Fred Zeke, Candy Pole and Peter Scrubb, Rose Muelo, and Sadie May Zura. We made it to a counter with a girl our age and an old man.
“Bonneh!” Codi squealed. The girl looked up, dark brown hair and ocean blue eyes surprised.

“Codi!” Bonnie said. She raced forward. She wore a black dress that had white trim and design. She seemed to also be wearing trousers underneath. A rebel. She wore black boots like Bonnie. “’Oh’s t’is?” She asked backing up.

“He was a shpe shift’a and a sorc’rer!” Codi squealed. “He was a cat when I foun’ him. Well, more ‘a say ‘e found me.”

“Meh god! Codi!” She grabbed Codi’s arm and mine and dragged us into the alley between the two buildings behind us. “Wha’s ‘e say his name is?”

“Zira. Alzira Black.” Codi says, now confused.

“Alzira my ahss!” Bonnie shouts. She grabbed me by the ear, holding real hard.

“Bonnie!!” Codi yelled.

“Wher’ you been for nine yea’s? Hidin’? Ya couldn’ come back sonnah?” She said, right in my ear.

“W-Wha’ are ‘ya talkin’ ‘bout?” I asked, trying to pretend that I didn’t know what se was talking about. I really wanted to get her to let go, but didn’t
want to pull, afraid it might hurt more.

“Codi, ya know why i’s rare to ‘ave a a sorc’rer tha’ shape shifts?” Bonnie asked. She didn’t wait for an answer. “’Coz, deir only in da royal bloodline. Sasana has them. Their prince and king are one. As well as Meiricea, Albain, Aise, An Astrail, Ceanala, Theas, and Eire. They all have shape shiftin’ sorc’rers in deir royal bloodline.” She let go of my ear and looked me straight in the eyes. “You ‘ave deh kings gold eyes.” She said, softening up.

“Bonnie.” I said, looking into her eyes, and remembering the night I escaped the Miotas kingdom.

A small girl shook me awake. I opened my eyes, sleepy.
“Bonnie, not now. Can’ ya see I’m sleeping?”
“Zaki! Zaki! I’s Gavin! ‘E plans ta kill ya! He wants ta trone for ‘imself.” Bonnie said. She grabbed my arm and dragged me out of bed, literaly.

“God, fine.” I said. I ran along the passages with her. I remember the days we would play. We had great times. My brother Gavin always watched us with envy. He had no friends. I remember the stars lit the night that night. The sky was dark, and the sunset just disapearing over the horizon, blood red.

“Zaki. Where d’ ya go?” Bonnie asked. “Seems like i’s been forever, since I let ya out.”

“Bonnie?” Codi asked, really confused now. “You’re sayin’ this is da dead prince?”

“’E’s not dead. Codi. ‘E never died.” Bonnie said.

“Bonneh! Yeh got whipped for pushing ‘im off a toweh!” Codi said.

“Did dey eva find a body?” Bonnie asked.

“Oh meh god.” Bonnie said. “The Prince of Miotas was in my house? In my room?”

“Uh, yeh.” I said, smiling, trying to ease the tension. Codi squealed.

“I was da first ta see da Prince of Miotas alive for nine yea’s!” She jumped up and down in circles, squeaking. I was afraid someone would come to look at what was going on.

“Codi!! No one else knows ‘e’s alive. We must not draw attenshun.” Bonnie said, shushing her with her fingers to her lips. I forgot how beautiful Bonnie could be. “Now Zaki, we must ge’ ya ta da castle and have ya take yer place as rightful heir to the Miotas trone.”

“Why, can Gavin not rule?” I asked.

“Gavin? Zaki! Gavin tried ta kill ya! Dya tink he can rule a kingdom?” Bonnie asked.

“Fine.” I agreed. “But ‘ow? I’d think Gavin ‘ould be watchin’ carefully for intruders and migh’ find it strange tha’ a guy tha’ looks like ‘is brotha comes into da castle?”

“Well ge’ ya in.” Bonnie says. Again, I don’t remember what happened next, because Bonnie punched me. My Bonnie Bowden. I was out fast. I think she could have done it differently though. I saw nothing the whole time. It seemed like hours. After a while, I woke up and opened my eyes. I instantly felt another hard hit on my face, and was out again. Before I was out, I heard someone say sorry. I think it was Codi. This time, I had a dream that Codi and Bonnie were in a room with me, and they were talking. They were having a great time, and they were laughing. When they saw me they both stood up and yelled at me, hitting me with several blows to the face and stomach. Before I blacked out again, I watched Codi and Bonnie walk back into the room, and heard Gavin come in as Bonnie and Codi went to him, laughing.
I woke up again. This time, I wasn’t knocked out when I opened my eyes. I was in a warm room. It smelled of fresh cooked food. I remembered this smell. I was in the palace kitchen.
“B-Bonnie?” I asked, sitting up.

“Zaki! God! You were ou’ fer a long time aftah we arrived.” Bonnie said, jumping on me and knocking me over.

“Di’ I hit you to hard?” I heard Codi ask.

“Na. But why did you do that?” I asked Bonnie.

“Te cemetary is in te back o’ da castle, and I tought if dey tought you were dead, ten deyd let us in. Ye woke up righ’ as we arrived at de castle gates. I asked Codi to knock you out. She did a great job.” Bonnie chuckled. We all laughed along. We talked about many things that night. The light on Codi’s hair made it shine like solid gold, and her eyes danced like a blue fire. But nothing compared to Bonnie. Her chocolate brown hair melted in the fire light, and her ocean blue eyes looked like a stormy night on the sea. I lost thought in her eyes, and I never remembered what we talked about. I wanted to make space for her eyes. I will never, forget her eyes.

The next morning, Bonnie got me a cloak, and I wore the hood over my face. We walked through the castle, no one ever questioning us. I saw all the people I remember from when I was seven. They were sad. Grim. The place was lifeless. I really felt like starting a fire. Adding color to the walls. I saw none of the paintings up on the walls that I loved when I was a kid. The wild forests. The majestic mountains. The raging sea. The palace painted by the first king of Miotas himself. King Sléibhte. My father had also painted one. It hung in his great room. With the bed. I remembered sitting on it when I was little. Listening to stories. There came little patters down the hall, and around the corner came two little kids. They each looked nine.

“Romeo! Juliet!” Came a voice. And old women came running down the hall. She chased after the little kids. My ma was prepared to give birth when I disappeared. Perhaps Romeo and Juliet were twins born by my ma. That would only mean ma was dead. No women in Miotas has given birth to two sets of twins and not died. Plus, if she hadn’t died that way, she was dead of old age. We continued down the hall. Bonnie opened two big doors. I remembered them as the doors to the throne room. We slipped inside. Not making any noise when she closed the door, Bonnie got ahead of me and led me down the side of the room. At the throne I saw Gavin. The same snow white hair and frosty blue eyes. He looked mad. Cold. Shorter than me, he always was. He turned around at the sound of the door closing, but not seeing anyone, he turned back to the throne. He had a goblet. He went to hand the goblet to the man on the throne, but the man denied it. The man was my da. King Ri. I came close to Bonnie’s ear.
“I bet ‘e slipped poison inta da goblet.” I said.

“Ssh.” Was the reply.

“Da, you’re gonna die! Tis’ll help ya. Ya won’t die fer much longa if ya drink tis.” Gavin said, pushing the goblet closer to da.

“No, boy. I am in prefect health. I won’t die soon. I’d die soona if ye drank meh dat.” Da said.

“How dare ye!” Gavin shouted. “I am righ’ful heir to te trone since Zaki died. You’re close ta death old man. I will wait no longa.” Gavin went to pull out his sword. I made a quick, and very stupid move. You see, I haven’t had any sword training. I ran away when I was seven. Training starts when you turn ten. Gavin was my age. He had six years of training. I ran up, and I grabbed my da’s sword, blocked Gavin’s blow, and pushed him back. Gavin tumbled down the stairs behind him. He hurriedly stood up. “Who dares!” He yelled. Actually, practically shrieked.

“I do!” I yelled, walking fast down the stairs. I swung my sword up, knowing he’d block as soon as I did. He did, and so I went to hit him below. I managed to him him with the flat of my blade, and knock him off his feet. He landed flat on his back, and swung up from below. I backed away, and he missed. He managed to get up while I dodged, and went to hit me again. He caught me off guard, and went to hit me again. I blocked him, but it was messy, and made me lose my balance. He swung a blow low, I blocked, but was still losing my balance. He caught me in the middle and we locked swords. He pushed me forwards and twisted my sword out of my hands. He pointed his sword in my face, and swung it low, cutting my leg, then cut my face, then my side. I fell to the ground in pain. He looked at my face carefully.

“Brother, ya rise from da dead. I knew ye weren’ really dead.” Gavin said, looking at me. “Now ta kill ye fer good.” He rose his sword high over his head, and went to slash down. But the sword never made it. Remember I am two magical beings in one. The rightful heir of the throne always is. A sorcerer and a shape shifter. Thus, this proved it, double, that I was the rightful heir. I had made a shield over myself, so Gavins sword never made it. He banged several times. “No! No!!” He yelled, his sword shattering each time he hit my shield. Eventually he stopped, tired, and with no sword left. I stood up, clutching my side, and limping.

“Gavin. Gavin.” I said. I held up me hand, and shot something at him. I don’t know what. He fell backwards, and couldn’t get up. “I’m not gonna kill ya. Ye deserve to live an’ watch meh rule.” I left him there. When I got to da, he looked up at me.

“Meh son. Zaki. I will live, onleh ta watch ye come back.” He said, then he grabbed the goblet from the table next to the throne, and drank. He was dead in a few seconds.

“Da.” I whispered.

The rest of the days were a blur to Zaki, and he doesn’t remember much of his coronation. He became king, and lived a long and healthy rule, as King Zaki Blue. He married Bonnie, and she became Queen Bonnie Blue. They had three children. One son, and two daughters. Caislean, Alainn, and Realtai. Caislean became the next king, but that’s another story entirely. Gavin lived up to what Zaki said he would. Codi married her friend John Winters, and they have one kid. For more than one hundred years, there was peace and happiness throughout all of the lands. Sasana, Meiricea, Albain, Aise, An Astrail, Ceanala, Theas, Eire, and especially, Miotas.

Over three years of WCC memberness!!

Old WCC
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

Characters : Daffodilpaw, Minnowkit
Clan/Rank : TC App | RC App
Leo Tiger
Number of posts : 2223

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here)   Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) Empty3/8/2011, 11:06 am

Bucket Of Blood
By: Danielle Elizabeth AKA: Middie

This little story starts with a little girl, about the age of 7 or 8, with a creative mind. In her free time, she would go into her room, turn off all lights but one, and read. She lived a happy life until, at the age of 15, she had to move. Though she did not like this fact, she had nothing holding her to her home, and she left her old life behind. She moved miles away from the place she had lived in all those years and started her new life in an old church. As her mother and father began to bring in their things, the girl decided to explore the surrounding area, hoping to find a graveyard. As she walked though, she found none. Then, as she looked around her, she noticed something. Deep within the trees surrounding the church the rusty gates of the cemetery could be seen. Of course, with her creative mind, she could have came up with hundreds of logical reasons why the graveyard was hidden from view, but before any thought could cross her mind, the girl heard a voice calling her inside and set off to see which room her parents chosen for her. Surprisingly, the window in her room overlooked the area she had been. From her high place in the house, the girl had perfect view of the complete cemetery.

That night, the girl was awakened by a scream. At first, she thought she had dreamed it until she heard it again. As she stared out of her window, she saw a pale little girl run into the graveyard. She then noticed the time. 12:02 PM Five days past and nothing happened after that incident. The girl had forgotten about the ghostlike child until her father when missing. With the idea that he disappeared into the forest, a group of new found friends, her, and her mother searched the trees. After hours of searchinng, she finally found him. He was lying in the middle of the graveyard, his eyes carved out of their sockets and lying in his left hand. A sound was coming from his mouth, though he was dead. At first, she thought it was some animal that had found a home in her fathers rotting skull, but the sounds started sounding more and more like words. Though her father was talking while he was dead, the girl noticed one detail that was slightly off. The voice did not belong to her father, but to some small child. All of a sudden, her fathers eyes moved and stared at her, black and lifeless.

She was orphaned and adopted by the new owners of the church when her mother died a similar death. Her mothers head had been chopped off, blood still dripping from itm and was sitting on her right hand. The hand itself was inside the head, fingers scraping the skull. Written on her mothers forhead was a warning.

For all who see this, the end is near. Your death is close, I feed on your fear.

On her 16th birthday, she walked down to the pond a few miles away from her house. There, she met a handsome young man, and fell in love. They talked for hours and when it was time for her to leave, he walked her home. About halfway to the church, a strange thing happened. When she glanced up at the man, she saw not the person she had met at the pond, the the child she had seen running into the cemetery. Already frightened, she was shaking when the pale child, transformed from the handsome man, pulled out a knife and lunged at her. Scared for her life, she ran towards the first thing she saw, the graveyard. The pale child followed behind her.

"Why do you want to kill me?" The 16 year old asked, accepting that she was to die.

"Revenge." The pale child answered simply, putting the older girl into a paralyzed state. She took the knife and cut her finger. As blood welled up, the pale girl took the older girls arm and pulled her closer, stabbing a gash in her upper arm.

"Why?" the older girl asked softly, feeling her life drain away.

"I'll tell you my story, afterwards." the pale girl stated, lifting her cut hand and reaching ito the older girls body. When the cut finger entered her arm, blood leaving her body and entering the pale childs. Before finally dying, she saw the girl pull back out the knife and move towards her. Right before the knifes Blade touched her, she died, though her soul could not leave yet.

"I was once called Scarlet when my family lived in that church, long ago." she began, slowly sawing off the older girls head, "What was your name?"
Seeing that Scarlet could see her, she answered. "My name was Rochelle." she replied, watching her head get sawed off.

"I was murdered by my father. One night, he caught me by surprise. He had walking into my room and tied me up. Then, he took a knife and cut a slit in my arm. He then put a tube in that slit and blood was sucking out of my body, through the tube, and into a bucket on the other end. When the bucket was full, he pulled out the tube. Then he started cutting the limbs off my body. The last thing he cut out was my eyes, like he wanted to have me watch has he mangled my body." Scarlet told me, finishing off the head the starting on the eyes. It wasn't long until Scarlet gave Rochelle a similar death.

When Scarlet disappeared, Rochelles foster family ran out, finding her in that horrible state. She was buried where she died. The only thing missing from the scene was the bucket of blood.
Back to top Go down
Hawkie

Hawkie

Clan/Rank : RiverClan Medicine Cat
Sagittarius Buffalo
Number of posts : 1138

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here)   Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) Empty3/8/2011, 11:57 am

Only by the Moon
By: Hawkie

"Don't you even THINK about it." Skylar's mother said, standing in front of the door. "You are NOT leaving again! Every time you leave you don't come back until the morning!" Her mother had a stern look on her face, with crossed arms, and eyes that seemed to say, There is no way you'll win this time.

"Mom, you don't understand!" Skylar said. "I HAVE to leave! I need to! You can't keep me locked up in this house forever!" Her mom shot an angry glare at Skylar. A stare that seemed to reach right through her. Skylar felt her heart drop. "Skylar, I know I can't keep you locked up forever. And I don't. But I do when it's eight o'clock! It's too late Skylar! You're fourteen!"

"But Mom! You don't understa-"

"Upstairs Skylar."

"Mom!"

"Upstairs. NOW"

Skylar angrily walked up the stairs of the old farm house that she had lived in for thirteen years. She sat on her bed. But I hate sneeking out... She thought. I'm always scared I'll get caught! Skylar looked out her window. It was a cool autumn night. The moon shone high. I hope I don't have to do this every full moon... Skylar stayed in her room until about nine o'clock. Her mother always went to her room at nine. And Skylar knows that when she goes into her room at night, she falls straight asleep.

Skylar went to her closet and took out a jacket and a bag. She climbed out of her window onto the firm tree branch that touched the side of the house. She climbed down the tree and walked to her bike. Halfway down the driveway, she heard, "Leaving again?"

It was Skylar's younger brother, Nathan. He had a sly smile on his face and determination in his eyes. "Wow... I hope Mom doesn't find out..."

Skylar was enraged. "Listen you little punk! If you tell Mom, I'm going to tell her that you go through her purse and steal money." Nathan was shocked. "Y-You better not!"

"Try me."

Nathan went back to his bed and Skylar went to her bike and rode off onto the sidewalk. She rode through town, through the park, and finally, at the entrance to the woods. She rode inside.

She followed the trail, until there was a "Do not enter" sign. She rode past it. There were a series of signs after that, saying things like "Go back" "Danger" "Turn back". Skylar got to a big hole. It was just a gigantic hole in the ground. She got off her bike, and stood at the edge. Suddenly, she fell in. She fell for about five minutes, then something happened.

Skylar was illuminated by hundreds of sparks, and glowing ribbons of light. She started twirling. Light was everywhere. The light seemed to soak inside her, and she grew wings. She touched her foot to the ground. She looked around, and walked to a nearby lake. She had turned into a fairy.

"Hello there." Said a voice behind her. Skylar looked behind her. A tall thin boy with wings of red, and messy brown hair, stood behind her. "Tarren don't scare me like that!" Skylar laughed. Tarren looked at the ground, then back up at Skylar. "Why can't you become a real fairy, so you can stay here always?" Tarren asked. "It's heartbreaking I could only see you once a month." Skylar went up and hugged him. "Ohh... you'll be alright." She said. "It's just that I can't leave my family. They love me." Tarren let go of Skylar. "If they love you so much, why is Nathan always threatening you about telling your mom? And why dose your mom sound awful mean, and kinda scary?" Skylar's green wings batted in annoyance. "Those are just minor things. They'll love me no matter what!"

"Alright... if you say so..."

The next day, Skylar decided to go back home early. She left at midnight, so she could wake up in her house and her mom wouldn't worry. She decided to test things out.

"Mornin' Mom." Skylar yawned, walking down the stairs. She walked into the kitchen. "Mom?" Skylar looked around. Her mom was nowhere to be seen. "Mom?"

Skylar saw a note on the floor. She read it.

Dear Skylar,
You may be wondering where your brother and mother are. Well, you may never see them again unless you do us a little favor.
We want you to become a true fairy, and not a halfie. I think your brother and mother will understand.
Meet us at the gateway. I think you'll be satisfied with the results.

They didn't say who sent it.

Hawkpath- Beloved Medicine Cat of RiverClan. Mentored by Mistyriver. Mentoring Rosepaw. Mates with Sleepystar. Sister to Jaystar, Swiftstar, Brightfire, and Firefly.[/scroll]
Icewind- Currently a Kit of ShadowClan.
Spoiler:

Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) DX-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.skyshatterworld.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here)   Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) Empty3/8/2011, 12:35 pm

My name is Clue
By Dragz

"Time. The word is whimsical. The meaning is powerful. The thing is dangerous. Even the tiniest cut in time can destroy life as we know it, causing this to live forever that should have died. Bringing the horrors of the past into the present. Even the greediest people dare not mess with it. Well if so, then why do some try? That's why we kept it hidden from man, or tried to."

The last of the words left its mouth and silence grew inside the cave once more. Covered by the shadows, sat a small dragon. The only light there was, reflected off the pool of glowing water it sat by. Visions flowed through the water, to many to count or name. It sat still and solum, watching the visions. A few in particular caught its attention. "They are coming, to kill me." it breathed

Violent yowls and calls of distress and pain frightened the fur off of him. The smell of newly shed blood filled his nose. He lifted his head higher listened intently, reluctant to leave the safety of his cave. He could hear the cries better now, He could also hear the attackers. From the sound of their breath, he knew they were the black army's. His eyes widened with fear. "Why have they come here? Are they here to get rid of me?" he panicked. "This is happening to fast."

"They must see me as a threat to risk coming to our village." he looked down, thinking of a good plan. "They will make it to the cave soon best thing to do is to leave and fight." he murmured. "If it looks bad, Terrel will most likely take me to refuge somewhere else, so why not." he shrugged.

Getting together the courage to walk up his cave tunnel he took a few steps then stoped to listen the repeated until her was at the edge of his hidden cave, looking through the branches in a bush that concealed it.

A terrifying battlefield of blood and body's had replaced the once peaceful dragon village he had known. The forest around them was flaming and smoking, set on fire by the dark army. The trees ans greenery inside the village was the same. Many caves had been dug out and destroyed as well as the dragons that had taken refuge in them.

To the right of him the defenders were fighting off five of the large army away from the hatchery. He couldn't tell exactly how many were there, but it looked like a couple dozen. There were plenty dragons on his side as well but the dark dragons were extremely large and powerful.

Above him a few pairs were fighting in the sky's. Every so often a dead body would plummet from the sky, that wasn't too pleasant either. Nearby, a few young dragons were being chased by a large black dragon with flaming eyes and huge wings. He narrowed his eyes "Not the children you demon." he growled as he padded out and towards it.

Being naturally small and only a teenager, he was about 3 times smaller than his opponent, though he was also about 6 times faster. It turned around and grinned its sharp teeth "That's the one we have been looking for..." it said in victory. "Sorry but it won't be that easy." He smiled as it charged for him. Blinking his eyes, everything began to move at a snails rate, the fights everything was basically in slow motion. Everything but him. He ran to the other side of the dragon and blinked again.

While it tried to figure out what had happened, he motioned for the two young dragons to get away from here. He then jumped onto the dragon and viciously clawed its wings, ripping holes in them. It yowled in pain and attempted to throw him off. But he was hanging on with his claws deep in its flesh. Sinking his long, sharp teeth into its neck it let out another yowl.

This caught the attention of a few more dark dragons, as well as a few guardians. The dark dragons circled him and the one he was clawed onto. Finally the dragon throw him off and pinned him down. He struggled desperately under its weight. Bringing its teeth towards his neck, it was ready to snap.

Suddenly a large object pushed the dragon off. It was a large green dragon with mossy eyes and strong limbs. Terrel.

"They know your alive, you have to go!" he ordered while dodging a few attackers. He was already in the air and ready to go, even though he didn't have wings, he used psychic powers to flout.

"Where do I go?" he asked, dodging a few attackers. "You know what you need to do." he replied. He understood. Flying away he watched as many dragons, including the two young ones he tried to save die before his eyes. Sighing he flew away, letting a few tears escape.

"I am different I must except that, I have a destiny, I must complete it, my name is Clue, I am the time dragon."
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here)   Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) Empty3/8/2011, 2:05 pm

Okay, I'm sorry to interject here, but do you guys know what a short story is? You have to have the whole plot in the story. You can't leave too many questions unanswered, because then it sounds like it came from another story, which leaves the read curious for more, and then it doesn't count as a short story anymore. Just saying.

If you have any issues with what I just said, please, feel free to PM me.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here)   Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) Empty4/8/2011, 8:22 am

Please excuse double-post.

I'm sorry for flaming you, after I said I would really be looking at plots. But when I read them, they were all really good, except that they seem to be a chapter from a book /: I'll leave that alone, however, and just look at the way it was written.

Plus, I've asked you to NOT post in here. PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS!!!!! SERIOUSLY

This is my entry. Yes, I know I've already shared this on the site, but since I'm not actually a contestant, it doesn't count.

A Day in the Life of Rainpaw

“Rainpaw! Rainpaw, wake up!”
My ice-blue eyes flashed open; Windtooth was standing over me, his paw raised as though he had prodded me.
“We have a border patrol,” he reminded me.
I groaned inwardly. We all had to be up at the first rays of light to make sure nothing was trying to infiltrate camp.
Getting to my feet, I shook the moss from my gray and white pelt. I followed Windtooth from the den and paused, blinking in the bright morning sun.
“Looks like somebody just woke up!”
I glanced over, and sure enough, Swiftshadow and Rosepaw stood waiting for Windtooth and I.
“Let’s go, already!” Windtooth called from the entrance to camp.
A tiny mewing caught my ear as I began to leave.
“Wait up, Rainpaw!” called Dovekit, plodding towards me with great energy. Behind her came Deathkit, looking equally determined.
“We wanna come with you!” she squeaked.
“You can’t come,” Rosepaw told them in her best apologetic voice.
“And why not?” Dovekit huffed.
“Because you’re too scary,” I whispered, pretending to glance around fearfully. “You’ll frighten everything away!”
The two kits exchanged a glance; Deathkit heaved a sigh.
“Alright,” she agreed dejectedly.
“We’ll bring you back some fresh-kill,” Rosepaw promised as the kits headed back to the nursery.
“I don’t want a mouse,” Dovekit said, looking disgusted.
“Or a bird,” Deathkit added, pulling a face. “They’re too… too feathery.”
“Rabbit it is then,” I purred in amusement, and we walked away.
“Great Starclan, you two took ages!” Swiftshadow complained when Rosepaw and I reached him and Windtooth.
“You have to be gentle with kits,” I informed him, sounding like a queen.
Rosepaw led the patrol. Along the Thunderpath, the edge of the gorge, and finally by the corner of Wind, Thunder, and Riverclan territory. We re-marked each border, taking time to make it consistent and strong.
However, as we reached the border line of Thunderclan and Windclan, Swiftshadow froze. He sniffed the air, his jaws parted slightly to drink in the scent.
“What is it?” Rosepaw and I asked at the same time.
Windtooth began sniffing as well, and it was he who answered.
“Fox,” he stated simply. “And it’s fresh.”
“Where is it headed?” I inquired, praying to Starclan it wasn’t—
“Camp!” Rosepaw exclaimed.
There was no hesitation; we all began racing for camp like only Windclan cats can. Our front legs barely touched the ground, while our hind legs bunched and stretched, bunched and stretched. Swiftshadow ran the quickest, followed shortly by Rosepaw, me, and finally Windtooth.
A sudden dip in the ground caught Windtooth off guard. He tripped, fell, and was soon far behind us. I felt a pang of guilt for not stopping to help him, but we had to save the clan. If he was injured and couldn’t get there himself, we would have to come back later.
I pushed myself hard the last two feet and came to a rest at the edge of the hollow.
The once-beautiful dip was ravaged. Moss lay scattered across upturned rocks. The fresh-kill was all ruined. At first, the camp seemed empty; then a frightened mewling issued from the nursery.
I let out some odd mangled yowl and sprinted to the entrance. At first, all I saw was Dovekit cowering behind a puffed-up Deathkit.
“Look out!” Dovekit screeched, but she was too late. A flash of orange, then a searing pain down my flank.
The fox was scarier looking than the senior warriors had described past sightings: its orange and brown fur was caked with mud mixed with prey’s blood. Black, beady eyes glared from above snarling, sharp teeth. Its bushy tail hung limply, and fresh blood oozed from a long scar on its muzzle.
“Rainpaw!” Dovekit squealed in terror. “Get up! You have to get up!”
I moved my paws feebly, but my brain was shutting down. My vision blurred, and the edges of it started going black.
A black and white blur flew over me and landed behind the fox. Faintly, in the back of my mind, I recognized him as Swiftshadow. I tried saying something, but I couldn’t move.
Swiftshadow bit the fox’s leg; as it rounded on him, he clawed at its snout, spitting madly. The beast growled at Swiftshadow. Once again, I tried getting up, tried moving something, but my energy was drained. I blacked out, and the last thing I saw was the fox lunging for Swiftshadow’s neck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I woke at first, I thought I was dead and in Silverpelt. A bright light filtered through some ferns, and there was no sound. The place had an eerie glow about it, a sense of being clean. Then Moonmist stepped out of her den, a pawful of herbs in her mouth.
“She’s alive,” she teased, setting the herbs at her paws.
I moved to eat them, but Moonmist stopped me and pointed to a corner of the hollow with her tail.
What I saw made me gasp: a lump of bloody black and white fur curled up in a nest, slowly rising and falling in rhythm.
“He saved your life,” she murmured, also watching him.
“What happened to the fox?” I asked apprehensively.
“It ran off with a broken paw, tail, and several life-threatening scars,” Moonmist said nonchalantly, as though discussing the weather. She moved over to Swiftshadow and set the herbs down again. “That doesn’t mean it won’t come back,” she added silently.
I struggled to my paws, moaning at the pain and fresh strength that flooded my limbs.
“Did Windtooth make it?” I probed.
“Yes, only just in time to chase the fox away from Swiftshadow,” Moonmist said exhaustedly. “Rosepaw’s fine, along with the kits she rescued.”
There was no telling if I was relieved or frightened about the events that had occurred.
“And Swiftshadow’s going to live?” I finally asked, holding my breath.
“He should be conscious in time for your warrior ceremony,” Moonmist said, a small smile playing about her mouth.
I nodded, then stopped, realizing what she had just told me.
“But I did the least!” I exclaimed, disbelieving.
“Well, it’s time you became one,” Moonmist mused. “And you tried. You didn’t hesitate when the kits cried for help, even if you didn’t get a chance to help. You deserve it.”
I smiled weakly at her, laying down again to get more rest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Rainpaw, please step forward,” Graystream called.
I padded up to him, looking for my friends’ faces in the crowd.
Swiftshadow sat by Windtooth, both well on their way to a full recovery; Rosethorn—the newest warrior—stood by the kits, Dove and Death.
“By the powers of Starclan, I make this apprentice a warrior,” Graystream said, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. “She has trained hard to learn your ways, and will protect this clan with all her life. From this moment on, she will be known as Rainfall.”
He placed his muzzle on my head, and I in turn licked his shoulder.
Cheers went up from my clanmates. The toms’ lower voices mixing with tiny kit voices as they repeated my warrior name.
“Rainfall! Rainfall! Rainfall!”
Despite the week’s hardships, Windclan nearly becoming extinct, and the possibility of a returning fox, I couldn’t have asked for a better day.
Back to top Go down
Echokit

Echokit

Clan/Rank : Skyclan
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: My Storeh   Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) Empty7/8/2011, 2:34 am

Taking Over
By Dustpaw

I gazed down at the lake, staring into the murky waters. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a splash of water in the distance. I squinted to try to see it better.

"I see you," I heard a man's voice echo from all around like surround sound speakers. My eyes darted nervously around and I tried not to scream. I whipped around and looked behind me. Fear was building up inside me and I had to fight the urge to run away.

"Uh..." I swallowed backing up. A shadow flew across the coffee colored bark of the trees in front of me. I heard a twig snap. A gust of wind blew fall leaves into my ginger hair.

"I'm getting closer to you," The man's voice echoed again. Fear shot through me. I closed my eyes and barely was able to breathe. My heart pounding in my chest, I began running ducking under branches of trees, and pushing aside leaves. I was shaking madly as I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I wanted to turn around and look, but was too afraid. I noticed a blurry shape in the clearing I was sprinting towards. The figure was beginning to come into focus. I wanted to scream yet I didn't want to draw attention to myself. I let out a muffled shriek, as I almost crashed into the shape, which I now knew was a man. Skidding to a halt, I tripped, almost falling.
"Who-who are you?" I managed.

The man stretched his arms toward me as if unable to move his legs "You're coming with me. Join us, Hazel."

I attempted to turn but was frozen with dread. He grabbed my wrist with a grip of steel. I tried to take a gasp of breath but then everything went black.

My eyes popped open as I bolted upright in bed. My mom had her hand on my wrist.

"Hazel are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost," my mom sounded concerned.

I realized my palms were sweating and sweat had also beaded above my brow. "I'm okay..."

"Are you having nightmares honey?" Mom wondered. I paused to think. It wasn't worth her knowing she'd just worry.

"No, everything is fine."

"Okay. So, what do you want for breakfast?" she questioned.

"Uh..whatever.." I shrugged. “You can choose.”

"Alright, get dressed and I'll make go and make waffles," Mom said.

"Right, okay," I responded, nodding.
As soon as Mom left I slowly I sat up and yawned. I stretched then stood and stumbled over to my closet. The obvious thing for me to do was pick the first thing that caught my eye. It was a sparkly green shirt with brown outlines of butterflies. My favorite shirt! No, The Shirt. I chose some ripped up jeans too. After tossing the outfit on I cheerfully climbed down the stairs. I could smell the waffles. When I sat down I picked up my fork and impaled my waffle. There was the ringing of our cordless phone.
"Hello?" my mom answered, after snatching the phone off the hook. While I chewed my waffles I heard a muffled voice on the other end. It was way to quiet to make out.
"Who is it?" I wondered aloud, my mom holding up her index finger to silence me.
"Jesse! Why are you calling! You know I’ll never-" Mom walked into the other room so I couldn't hear what she was saying. Odd, usually my mom would stay in the room and talk. Not like I’m an eavesdropper. No biggie though. And who’s this Jesse person?... I swallowed my waffles and slipped off my seat. Then I walked to the counter and got a stick of sugarless gum; I did not feel like brushing my teeth today. Mom walked back into the room as I slid my backpack on. I unzipped the front pocket and pulled out a scrunchie. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, then zipped up my bag.
“C’mon, Mom. Let's go!" I said gripping the handle of the garage door. I opened the door and stepped out then ran to our red convertible, Mom following behind me. My mom opened the car door and we both plopped down into the seats. Mom put the keys in the ignition and turned them while I turned on the radio.
"Oh I love this song!" I smiled.
"I think it's ok," Mom replied while the car purred and we backed out of the driveway.
"No way! Tears of Blood is an amazing band! All their songs are great!" I declared, my mom grinning. We drove down the road approaching Northern Hopes High School, also known as NHHS around here. My mother pulled up to the front of the school and let me out.
"See ya later honey," she sounded worried again.
I was puzzled but I still feigned happiness. "Okay!"
I walked through the school doors. This was one of the best private schools around here. My best buds, Kaley Shygunnan and Louisianna Kernkettle, ran up to me and hooked arms.
"Five minutes until eight. Come on! We ought to hurry! Move your butt into that classroom!" Louisianna said gleefully, her brown pigtails bouncing up and down on her shoulders. We walked down the hall quickly then slipped into our classroom. I was in eleventh grade. In a few weeks, I’d turn 16! Yep, my birthday is September 26! Kayley opened her locker and threw her backpack in while Louisia unzipped hers. We had lockers in the classroom of our PRIVATE school! Aren’t we lucky ducks? I’d heard at other schools near us they didn’t get lockers in their classrooms. I’d never been to a private school or anything until I started going here in middle school. Yeah, it’s called NHHS but they have a part for middle school students! I had no idea what other schools were like. Oh well. I opened my bag and took out my math homework then put my backpack in my locker and closed the door. Louisianna placed her homework on the table where we turn it in everyday and I walked up to her and did the same. I walked over to my desk and sat down. I sit next to Joshua Smith and Elizabeth Swiftwing. Wow, surrounded by S’s, I totally feel like a loser since my name is Hazel Bluestone. Haha! I gotcha! Nah, I’m fine with it. In fact most of my classmates have last names that start with S. Wait? Why am I rambling on and on? Let’s get to the point!

Josh was a good friend.. sort of, so is Eliza. The teacher walked up to the front of the room. She had red hair, blue eyes, and freckles. And was quite young.
"Alright so today we have our regular classes..." the teacher begun.
"Hey!" Joshua whispered elbowing me in my gut.
"What?" I hissed, slapping his arm.
"Science at ten, Social Studies at ten forty-five" the teacher continued eyeing us warily.
"Uh, I'll tell you at recess. I don’t want Mrs. Gold shouting at us," he leaned back into his seat.
"Ok"
"And finally you'll have music at two," Mrs. Gold ended.
I raised my hand.
"Yes, Hazel?"
"Are we going to be watching Intrusion today?" I asked. Intrusion was a book the class had just finished reading and our teacher said we could watch the movie.
"Yes" she responded. I smiled. Intrusion was basically about a girl who could go into people's dreams, and she got power crazy with it yada yada yada then ended up in jail. I think they wanted to try to teach us that crappy old phrase "With power comes responsibility." but I really don't know.
"Now group one line up to go to art and group two stay to watch the movie," Mrs. Gold said walking over to the TV in the side of the class room while group one walked out the door. I grinned even wider. I was in group two! We had a big class so we had to always be in two groups. Thirty-nine kids. Not counting me, a lot isn’t it? Mrs. G clicked on the tape and I watched from my desk.

When the movie was over Mrs. Martin asked us if we had enjoyed the movie. Most of the kids nodded but still some shook their heads. I thought the it was pretty cool, though. The way she could get in to people's dreams and tell them what to do when they woke up. If I had that power…. Ha! We’d have some fun. Don’t think I’d be evil though, no way.
I walked over to my locker as Mrs. Gold told us to line up for Science. I opened my locker and grabbed my binder. We walked out the door and into the hall.

Most of the school day was a breeze had science, ate lunch, and did art, but it was now time for recess.
"Come on!" Mrs. Gold shouted above the clamor of our voices, as we shoved eachother to get closer to the door. She pushed open the back door to our class room and we ran outside. I was breathing in the autumn air. It was humid, but it smelled fresh. I ran through some crunchy leaves and headed over to the playground. The ground was very green and grassy but it had
leaves scattered here and there in clumps. I ran over to the bench and sat down. We only had recess so we could talk. You know, get out our energy. We used to not have recess at school, but the teachers thought we were fidgeting to much. The younger ones always had it though. Josh dashed over to the bench and seated himself next to me.
"So what were you wanting to tell me earlier?" I asked nervously, looking down. Joshua was kinda cute. With his handsome dirty blonde hair, and brilliant green eyes.
"I wanted to tell you about this weird dream I had last night," he said, staring at my eyes.
"You had an odd dream too?" I asked, looking up and meeting his eyes for a split second before I glanced back down.
"You had one?"
"Yeah," I nodded, looking only at my shoes.
"Would you mind if I told my dream?" Josh
"Feel free,"
"Ok so I was like on the top of a mountain, and this woman said that she was going to kill me me. She chased and almost caught me RIGHT when I woke up. But before I woke, I saw that it was, Kaley." he explained.
"Wow… My dream kind of like that, but it was some man. And I like, didn’t even know him. " I gasped.
"Weird," Joshua's eyes were wide.
"Does it mean something?" I wondered.
"I- I don't know" he replied looking at his lap.
"My mom was talking to some-"
The whistle blew. Aww, recess was over? When was I going to find time to talk to Josh about this? I stood up and started walking back to the classroom. Today Louisianna and Kaley chatted together alone but had kept a close eye on me and Josh. I don't know why though. Maybe I’d talk to mom about how strange Kaley and Louisianna were staring at me today. But wait!

Mom acting weird earlier ... acting scared! I don't want to worry her more. The teacher opened the door to our classroom and my class and I poured back into the room. Perhaps ... I could just call Kaley and Louisianna and ask them if something was wrong, but they wouldn't understand.. We walked inside and the teacher told us to pack up our stuff for the carpool. I walked to my locker and Josh quickly glanced at me, with an icy cold gaze, then his eyes darted away as fast as they'd come. I opened the locker door and picked up my backpack. Kaley was staring at me curiously. When I sat down I took my math book out of my desk and my spelling book them dumped them into my backpack.
"Carpool is starting" I heard a voice on the loudspeaker. After I got home I could phone Joshua and talk to him more about this. I mean, I could use my cell phone but I didn't like using it in the car, cause Mom could hear my conversations.

"149" the voice called my car number and I picked up my backpack and walked out the door. I stepped quickly on the carpeted ground then walked down a ramp and opened the front door. I walked out, sprinted to my car, opened the door, and threw in my backpack. I slid in and buckled my seatbelt.
"Ready to go?" My mom asked quietly. I could tell she was still nervous.
"Yeah."
She stepped on the gas peddle and we lurched forward then crawled slowly and smoothly out of the school parking lot. Once we were out of the lot we spedup a little on the main road. I looked out the window at the other cars and trees.
"How was your day?" Mom blurted.

"Fine" I responded. I could see my house getting closer and closer. Man, I was glad we lived so close to the school. No more awkwardness! My mom slowed to go up the driveway

then parked the car. I opened my door and snatched my pack off the seat. Then I walked to the front door as my mom got out. I grabbed the door knob and turned it then walked inside. Mom came in behind me.
"Lock your door Hazel… and your windows," my Mom called to me as I walked up the spiral staircase taking my phone out of my pocket. I punched in Josh's number. It rang twice before Josh answered.
"Hazel?"
"Yea, it's me" I replied.
"I just got a call .... from someone" he said "Well it rang and it said unknown name and unknown number so I answered it" he continued.
"Then?"
"I heard-" Josh was in the middle of a sentence when my phone disconected and our power went out. Then my phone rang and I looked at it. It said unknown name and unknown number. I answered it.
"Hello?" I murmured, feeling a chill creep up my spine, sending tingles through my whole body. There was loud raspy breathing on the other end then all of the sudden I heard a bloodcurdling scream. It was my mom! I heard a loud buzzing noise in my ears and got really light headed. Oh no, I'd felt this feeling before .. I was gonna faint. Why? I don’t know. I was about to scream when everything went disappeared and suddenly I was floating.
There were three doors around me, a door pink and flowery that reminded me of Kaley, a blue door that reminded me of Josh, and a beige door that reminded me of my mom. I wanted my mom more then anything now so I opened the door. Then .. BAM! I was in my kitchen and my mom was standing there, blood trickling from her lip. A shadow loomed abover her.
"Have her join us!" The shadow hissed. "Give me her now! Give me, Hazel!" Then everything faded......
My head snapped up and I blinked my eyes open. The power had come back on, my phone was still in my hand, and my mom was leaning over me.
"Mom why... what... uhhh? What was that scream?" I murmured.
"It's okay Hazel. You just fainted… There was no scream." She lied.
"No, I know what I heard," I said looking at the phone in my hand, slowly sitting up "The phone rang... and I answered it."
"And?" my mom urged.
"Well, there was loud breathing...." I trailed off. Mom's eyes got wide but she said nothing. I could sense that she was nervous.
"I think it's okay now honey" Mom reassured me "Oh! I forgot I have to go to a meeting, I trust you can handle yourself alone, but right now I have to get ready," she stood and began walking towards the door.
"Mom! Wait!.... Josh said he got a call, too. Except he said he just heard the breathing" I said quickly.
My mother turned to look at me. She looked afraid and I thought I heard her mutter, “I knew it,”
Mom rushed out the door.

"That was... unsettling." I grumbled. Suddenly my phone started vibrating in my hand. I looked at it. Joshua was calling, so of course, I answered.
"What was that all about?" he sounded upset at me.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hang up, but the power went out and the phone shut off. Then a man called and I heard loud breathing and-"
"THAT’S EXACTLY HOW IT HAPPENED TO ME! Except…" he interupted.
"It was a woman?" I guessed.
"Exactly, oh my Mom headed off for a meeting, so I’m stuck home alone." he said. It must've been why we were friends. Our parents were so much alike. They both went to meetings and they were both divorced. Then all of the sudden I heard a voice.
"Hang on! I think I hear something.. I'm going to put the phone down, be right back!" I whispered. Ignoring Joshua’s muffled protests, I left the phone on my bed, and crept down the hall. I was sure my mom had left already but I guess I was wrong because I saw her in her room.
"Never, Jesse! Never will, she be yours!" Mom hissed into her cell, "you can't take her! Iwon't let you!"
I wondered who the her that she was talking about was so I leaned in around her door to hear better. She was lying on her bed jabbering "I'm sorry, but I can't let you use her power"
I backed away from the door and crept into my own room. Power? What power? They surely weren’t talking about me! Creepy! As if "powers" were real! I picked up the phone again.
"Josh, I'm a little disturbed…. I know I'm gonna sound wimpy or something, but I heard my mom talking about powers," I did air quotes when I said powers.
"Powers? Hmm. I say you slowly and carefully try to get her to tell you about whatever it was she was talking about," Josh said.
"Yea... you're right. I'm gonna ask her right now! And I'll be stubborn about it too," I spoke firmly, hanging up then walking to the door of my mom's room. Mom sighed so I assumed she was off the phone. I opened the door and walked in.
"Mom," her back was facing me.
"Hazel! Oh! Eh, you suprised me" she said, whirling around to face me.
"I heard you on the phone."
"With Jill? We were just talking about the clothes I need to wear to the meeting..." she trailed off, but I knew she wasn’t telling the truth.
I looked at my watch that I always wore. "Well, you're late for the meeting. And Mom, I heard you mention something about powers"
"Powers! Powers? No such thing!" Mom didn't look me in the eye while she spoke these words.
"You can't hide it from me, Mom. I’m fifteen! Stop trying to sugar coat everything. Explain"
She pursed her lips. "Err… Come sit"
"K ...." I situated myself on her bed.
"Y-You aren't normal"
"Gee thanks I feel a whole lot better about myself now" I said sarcasticly.
"No, I mean I was talking on the phone about you.... It's a long story. You also kinda have magic abilities."
"Mom, what did you hit your head on TODAY? There is no such thing as magic!"
"Listen to me first sweetie!"
"Fine" I grumbled.
"When you were born. A group of men, the DarkHearts, came. They said they wanted you to come with them. So they could train you when you got older. They said you could go into people's dreams. And you know control them when they woke up. I refused to hand you over and they said they'd be back… There was a war. Your father and I aren’t really divorced…"
“What?” I gasped, feeling tears well up in my eyes.
“He’s dead.”
"So they're coming back now?" I sucked it up, I’d hardly known him.
"Yes" she nodded "but don't worry even though I dont have magic any-"
"Wait... you had magic! And how do you expect me to believe this?" I cut her off.
"Please Hazel" my mom begged "Trust me. I will keep you protected and school should be safe too."
"What the hell, Mom? I’m not insane!" I hopped off her bed and rolled my eyes quickly walking out of her room. Man she was off her rocker! Talk about crazy! I would have to tell Joshua everything later but I had to call my besties first. I didn’t believe Dad was dead. Not possible. I took my phone from where I left it and dialed up Louisianna. Josh had hung up, so I might as well. The phone rang once. It rang twice. Then it rang a few more times, and I only reached her voicemail. Then I called Kaley. It rang once.
"Hazel?" Kaley answered.
"Hey, Kaley!"
"Why weren’t you with me and Louisianna at recess? And I've been trying to call you but you didn't answer!" she sounded grouchy.
"Hazel! Dinner! Eat before I leave!" My mom called from downstairs.
"Not hungry!" I shouted back.
"Then brush your teeth and go to bed" she ordered.
"Ugh, Kaley. My mom says I gotta go. I'll explain everything at school tomorrow. I promise." I hung up. The scurried into the bathroom and applied my tooth paste to my toothbrush then brushed my teeth. I needed shiny whites not yellows and greys. After brushing for a minute I walked back to my room and slipped on a pair of shorts and a T - Shirt for the night.

The next day I awoke to find a note on the nightstand near my bed. Okay..... No one ever leaves me notes. I yawned and sat up stretching my arms out. Then I picked up the note.
"Hazel" I read aloud "I've had to go to another meeting. So please just get your clothes on, eat breakfast, brush your teeth, and walk to school. Don't be late now!" Oh joy, I get to walk to school. Yay! Yeah right! What was up with all these meetings these days? I groaned. I glanced at the clock on my wall, seven in the morning, I'd have to hurry. The previous night I'd stay'd up pretty late tossing and turning thinking about what had happened. Going down the staircase, I thought of what to have to eat. I went into my kitchen walked in front of the counter looking at our huge white refrigerator. Cereal! I'd have cereal! I walked over to our pantry and turned the handle which suddenly fell off in my hand. I sighed.
"Oops," I mumbled placing it on the counter. I managed to pull the door open. Grabbing my favorite cereal, frosted flakes, I headed back to the counter and poured it out into my hands. No milk, spoon, or bowl for me! Yup, I'd just eat it with my hands. I pigged out, shoving all the cereal in my mouth and carefully picking the few that remained up with my fingers and plopping them in my mouth. I looked at the kitchen's digital clock. To be early, as I always am, I'd have to leave at seven ten and it was already seven o' five. I sped back up the stairs and into the bathroom. Grasping my blue toothbrush in my left hand I picked up the toothpaste tube in my right and flicked the lid off. Then I squeezed the toothpaste onto my teeth and gave a quick scrub with my toothbrush. Finally I dropped everything, pounded down the stairs, and shot out the door making sure to grab my bag from the door knob first. My nostrils flared as I raced down the pale white sidewalk. I was going so fast there was no WAY I would be able to- Uh oh! What was that up ahead. My eyes bugged out as colided with a girl much younger then me, she looked about ten but of course I couldn't tell cause I'd smashed into her. Ouch! She had been carrying books but as we crashed they had fallen to the ground. I rubbed my head.
"I'm really sorry" I grumbled.
"So k" she responded holding out her hand "I'm Riley, and I'm new here, I know I'm in fourth grad and you-"
"Yea, I'm in eleventh grade" I shook her hand swiftly "I'm in a bit of a hurry though, so see ya!" I ran off thundering down the side walk. I glanced behind me once and saw she was picking up her books. Snap! I should of helped her pick up her books. After all I had caused them to fall. Her short red hair glimmered in the sunshine before I turned my head forward again. Yes! The school! Reflief flooded through me. I opened the door to the school and smiled happily knowing I was on time.

Again, like the other day, classes went by quickly. Math was a flash, science was a bit challenging, and etcetera. I could go on forever. But it was recess once more. Time to explain about what happened yesterday to my friends. When the teacher opened the door Kaley, Louisianna, and I raced to our usual swings. I noticed Joshua playing football on the grassy field and could tell he wanted to talk to me, but I was with my girls, and no one could change that.
"So what happened yesterday?" Kaley asked.
"Yeah! What?" Louisianna pressed.
"Well, first I-"
"Wait!" Louisianna cut me off "Who are they?"
"Who?" Kaley wondered.
"Them!" Louisianna pointed behind us to the right impatiently.
Kaley and I both turned around in our swings. Two really pretty kids stood there. One had long curly hair dyed blue and a white ruffly shirt ... or was it a blouse? The other one.... I gasped. It was Riley with a… I squinted. An tenth grader?
"Woah," Kaley whispered. I tapped at Kaley's arm then she turned to look at me. "Yeah?"
"I know the younger one! With the red hair. Her name's Riley"
"Why do they look so shiny?" Louisianna and Kaley said at the same time.
Mrs. Gold seemed to be glaring at the two kids but suddenly she stood up and yelled over at me "Hazel! Riley and Veronica will me escorting you home!"
Kaley furrowed her eyebrows and Louisianna gasped.
"I don't know them! Well ... I know Riley but not that well! I don't ...." I said in shock.
"Well, let's find out who they are! Go!" Kaley pushed me off my swing and I fell to the ground.
"Kaley!" I snapped.
"Sorry! Just please go! Louisianna and I are sure you'll be fine! Nothing can hurt you" I glanced at Veronica and Riley.
"Fine I'll go" I muttered in defeat.
"Good!" Louisianna gave Kaley a high five, as I trudged over to Riley and Veronica.
"Come with us," Veronica said taking one hand out of her black skinny jeans to grasp mine firmly. Riley turned and lead us off the playground into the parking lot where a sleek black limo was parked. My jaw dropped.
Riley breathed a laugh "You get used to it," she opened the door for me while Veronica got in the front. I snapped back into reality.
"Who are you! Where are you taking me! Am I on Gotcha?!" I demanded.
"Hazel, just don't make a fuss!" Riley snapped, the limo's door still open.
"I don't want to go with you!" I whined. Then Riley slapped my face said chanted something I didn’t understand and I felt my grip on reality loosen, as everything dissolved.

I don't want to kill you so I'm not going to make you read the other three chapters.... It's really long! I hope chapter one is okay! It starts out kinda slow. Hopefully, you'll get into it! :laa:

Clicks?
Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) BDZQ5Fvi1DuQ6DZD5Dvrv
Glomping people irl is a very challenging process. Dey just can't handle all teh Dustleaf. :tarddance:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://dustleaf.deviantart.com/
Rainy

Rainy

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here)   Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) Empty13/8/2011, 6:18 am

Alright, well, since other people failed to post their stories, this topic is now closed!!!

Winner will be announced before....Before next week. kthxbai
Back to top Go down
Cherry

Cherry

Characters : pft
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Kit
Aquarius Tiger
Number of posts : 1600

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here)   Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) Empty23/8/2011, 6:58 pm

Dang it! I was in Iroquois, I didn't have any internet. Sorry, Rain, or I'd have had it in.

Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) Tumblr_n6fg5588em1styzrqo1_500
deal wit it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here)   Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here) Empty

Back to top Go down

Short Story Contest Entries (Please post them here)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Artwork & Literature-
Jump to: