Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

24 Hours- Will We Survive?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rainy

Rainy

Characters : Heatherpaw
Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 5137

24 Hours- Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: 24 Hours- Will We Survive?   24 Hours- Will We Survive? EmptySun 5 Jun 2011 - 16:08

OoC: Here is the introduction of the story. If you like it, then good (: If you don't, then I will try harder. There is a feedback topic that you will be able to go post in, I would really appreciate it. Especially if I'm not playing out you the way you think you should be played out. Enjoy! :3

Prologue
Arrival

“Hurry up, dude, or we’re not going to get to meet them outside!”
Behind the speaker, making choking gestures, was a boy who looked about 12 or 13, but short. He wore a Phillies cap and seemed rather peeved with the girl who was a year older than him. When she turned around, however, he put on a smile.
“I’m sorry, I was just trying to finish filling out these nametags so our lovely members can know who is who,” he snapped back. The girl’s look was deadly, however.
“They should almost be here,” she commented after an awkward silence, checking her cell phone, then slipping it into her jean pocket. In the distance, the two could hear a rumble, the sound of tires coming across a gravel road. Plus the roar of a hard-working engine, run by diesel.
The boy put his hands on his hips, looking heroic or challenging.
“Let’s do this!” he said, setting the papers he had (which held the nametags) on a table.
They were out in the middle of Kansas, in a huge house—well, more of a mansion, really. It was bigger than an average mansion, built to fit up to 50 people comfortably in their own rooms, with a grand staircase that curled upwards on either side of a main foyer. A main floor held a conference room, a pool, a basketball court, a gym, a dining room, a kitchen, a room with two computers, and, obviously, the lobby. There was a basement that held 25 of the aforementioned bedrooms, and the upstairs held the other half. Two bathrooms could be located in the middle of each floor.
Somebody had mentioned the brilliant idea that this certain group of people be shut up in a mansion that was set on a time-lock; in other words, there was no way out until the time was up. 24 hours they were stationed here, with no escape.
Within moments, the two young teens were standing in front of the broad steps leading to the building’s fancy wrap-around porch. From around the corner came a regular school bus. Sitting in the seats were a variety of people, all making a point of not looking at each other but for a few. These few were laughing at something one of them had said, and when the bus stopped, they looked genuinely shocked. One by one, all the people filed off the bus. All seemed to range from age 9 to about 16.
“Welcome, users of WCC!” smiled the lead girl. “I’m Ann, or as you all know me, Rain. I’m not sure how much you’ve already been told. Will somebody fill me in?”
Nervous glances were exchanged, except by a few members of the group. One girl stepped forward, a big grin on her face.
“We were told that we’ll be here for twenty four hours, and we won’t be leaving until that twenty four is up,” she explained, loud enough that her voice carried slightly in the surrounding woods.
“Right!” Rain smiled. “Bring your bags, and come inside.”
In unison, she and the boy turned towards the doors, leaving the others to hurriedly grab their belongings and follow.
“You didn’t even let me talk,” he grumbled, sounding like a small child. “I’m Jay, by the way!” he threw over his shoulder.
Rain rolled her eyes, shaking her head. Together, she and Jay propped open either of the double doors, then stood in wait for the group to come in. After a moment or two, all the people had entered and were standing, waiting for further instruction.
“Now, I have nametags here for each of you,” the boy called Jay informed everybody. “Boy bedrooms are downstairs, girls upstairs. When I call your name, whether it’s user or real, come up, get your tag, then go pick out a room. Rain and I have already claimed rooms, so don’t bother trying to steal them. We put signs on the doors so there aren’t any mistakes. Got it?”
Some eyes could be seen rolling, but other than that, there were nods and even a few smiles as people recognized the attitude they knew from the admin online that were showing in this person.
“Right,” Jay said, pulling out the papers with tags on them. “First up, we have Feather!”
The girl who had spoken up earlier came forward, hauling a yellow backpack, a pink tiger, and wearing no shoes.
“Here,” she grinned from ear to ear. Eagerly, Rain waved to her, smiling warmly. Jay handed her a nametag; it said ‘Feather’, with ‘Callie’ written in smaller letters underneath it.
“Up the stairs,” Jay directed without looking up. Feather disappeared up the staircase. Next, with a chuckle, Jay called out, “Sleepy!” A super short kid with long hair came up, taking his nametag without a word.
“The stairs to the basement are just down the hall and to the left,” Rain told him. She was thinking it funny that she was seeing him here; they went to the same school!
“Middie” was next. Quietly, a girl with brown and turquoise hair came up. Just as silently, she took her tag, and practically tiptoed up the stairs.
“Dew!” Rain’s sister came forward, looking slightly awkward with all the people she didn’t know, but she was fast in getting to a bedroom.
“Icefeather.” A younger girl with red hair. She took the nametag, then was on the hunt for a sleeping place.
“Uh, Ice. Or Twi, I’m not sure.” Jay looked genuinely confused at this one, but a tan girl approached.
Rain took some of the nametags at this point, just to see who had gotten permission to come.
“Next up is Dead,” she called. A boy her age with dark hair highlighted in blonde came up, an easy grin on his face.
“Thank you!” he said, taking his nametag and strolling off to the basement. Rain rolled her eyes as Jay read off the next name.
“Skia!” he laughed, as Shadow came up, giving a shy smile. Up next was Blue.
“Bluestar,” Rain announced. Another admin of the site came up.
“Hey guys,” she greeted her fellow authorities. Graciously, Blue took the nametag with her name on it and walked upstairs.
A couple minutes later, they had given Raccoon her tag, and Rain tried suppressing a grin as she read off, “Moon!” Looking bored, he came over and stepped in front of Jay and Rain.
“I don’t have to interact with my brother, do I?” he asked hopefully.
“No, you don’t,” Jay said uneasily. “Maybe you should try being nice to him. . ?”
Moon shook his head disbelievingly, snatched his tag, and left.
After Moon came Snake (who Rain called Sanke), Leo, Sun, Cherry, Wolf (who was a fairly new member of the site), and then Golden.
“Glad to be here,” the first leader of Thunderclan smiled when she came to retrieve her tag.
Jay got the next name. His voice came out sounding tight as he read off, “Swift.” Self-assuredly, a boy with dark brown hair came up to his friend.
“Downstairs?” he asked.
“Yep,” Rain answered.
Jay got the next couple, Ebony—who was much older than the rest of the group—Pine, Hazel, Lily, Tiger, and, finally, Bramble.
Complete silence fell over the main foyer. Pulling out her phone, Rain groaned.
“It’s only 5. Dinner isn’t until 6,” she told Jay. He shrugged.
“Then I suggest we go play a few introductory games or something,” he shrugged. “Make sure we all get to know each other. We can’t really afford to have an argument, since we’re kind of banhammer-less out here.”
She chuckled.
“Okay, just make sure you get all the boys to the dining room by 6, or we might have a riot on our hands,” she winked, and they went their separate ways, neither sure of what might happen.
Back to top Go down

24 Hours- Will We Survive?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Artwork & Literature-
Jump to: