Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Butterfly Wings :3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Feath ❤️

Feath ❤️

Capricorn Rat
Number of posts : 2815

Butterfly Wings :3 Empty
PostSubject: Butterfly Wings :3   Butterfly Wings :3 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:38 pm

INTRO

Far away, on an island, lived a princess…..
Oh God, this sounds just like every other story written by some self proclaiming author that swears that their story is original, but really, it’s just a nursery rhyme told without the rhyme, and in a different way. So perhaps I should start off, with the basics. Hi, I’m Claire. Yes, I’m a princess. Princess of Lillium actually. It’s a very distant island, off the coast of Florida. It’s very, very, very painfully far away from any continents, and is home to about 0.78654 million people.
In comparison, it’s about the size of Japan’s fattest island. We were discovered by Geronimo Fogett in 2045, who coincidentally, was a hippie child. He brought a submarine of about a hundred people to Lillium, which wasn’t even charted on the maps and still isn’t to this day. He discovered our humble home, and set up an Era Rule, which stated that, to preserve the past, we had to live in the past. Meaning that at all times, we were suppose to live in the year that he decided. When he died in 2067, his son took over. Well, that brute Edgar Fogett, liked the idea of being king, and so, he decided that the Era was going to be Renaissance. Which means, that his descendants became kings and so forth.
On top of that, none of his descendants decided that they want to change Era, and so for the past two hundred years, we have been stuck in Renaissance. It really makes the Head Districts mad, which is the advisors that take care of Lillium that had their power drained by the kings long ago. Now they’re basically like a school board, compared to a president. How unfair is that? I think completely.
Well, in this long line of rulers, not one king has been dishonored in having only one child, and that they always had sons. Always. Well, until now. I am that one child that King Georgiou had. And after that, my mother couldn’t have any more children. And I was a girl. Get the picture?
Ever since I was little, Daddy Dearest has looked at me with disgust. I hate him for it. And I love Mother Dearest (hahaha) for getting a new rule that said that the Queen could have authority of the King, if the king was married into the family. Father hated that rule, and decided that he would have a Prince from a neighboring District marry me.
District: Hogart.
Prince: Astern.
Attitude: Snobby.
Love: None.
Compatibility: Negative Google flex.
So how in the WORLD did Daddy think I could marry someone who only wanted to have his hands all over me? I don’t know, but I found a way out. No, it is not like every other cliché you’ve ever thought of. No, it is not like every other cliché you’ve read of. And no matter what you think… there are no vampires in this story. Only true love, a stellar secret, and a secret identity, that changed everything.

Feath ❤️

Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Wings :3   Butterfly Wings :3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Chapter One

I guess that by chance, we were all at orientation. Myself, Astern, and every noble and shop keeper in the whole village. Orientation was when Astern and I went into the courtyard and talked with the commoners. They usually turned up uneventful. Until today. I was going back and forth to guest, welcoming them, and thanking them for attending. It was get very boring. I sighed, and sat under an umbrella-ed table, where my friend was waiting.
“Were have you been darlin, I’ve been waitin for ages.” Izzabelle said fanning her flushed cheeks. A giant green dress with about twelve skirts covered her Belle in the tightest ways. But I knew better. There were probably about twelve micro-cools under her skirt, stuck to her skin. Tight crimson locks framed her face, and curled just like her smile blood red lips did.
“What?” I asked, tucking a honey blond piece of hair behind my ear. Sometimes, Izzabelle really did scare me. She knew all the latest gossip around town, she was insanely pretty (in an original kind of way), and she these looks she gave me, that made me think of a wild cat. Belle came from a county not far from ours, were there was a Queendom and not a Kingdom. Sooner or later, Lillium would be under Queendom rules.
“I know you don’t like Astern.” She pouted. “I would gladly take the hunka handsome off your hands darlin.” Did I mention that Belle was a Princess? Really, I didn’t? Oops.
“You don’t want him either Belle, trust me.” I rambled, looking at Iz as she checked her perfectly-done blood red manicure.
“Oh honey. He doesn’t deserve you.” She purred. Sometimes I thought Belle would get down on all fours, sprout a tail and ears, and reside in lapping at a saucer of milk. I giggled.
“Father wouldn’t be too pleased to hear you say that Iz.” Green eyes rolling, Iz started on her usual rant about how I shouldn’t listen to ‘Father’ and how I should be my own woman, blah, blah, blah... I had to admit Iz was right, I really should do that, but I had heard her speech so many times, it all dissolve down to the same thing. Freedom. As her usual testing seemed to bore me, I looked on towards the crowd. People had started dancing. When had the band started playing? My deep blue eyes looked around. Where was the band? I couldn’t find them. Something black caught my eye.
“Excuse me.” I said to Iz, leaving her open mouthed as I walk in the direction of the black something. Luscious black hair. Brown eyes deeper than any wood found on my humble abode. Tanned, muscular arms, much to toned for any regular common folk or noble. I swooned. Who was this mystery man? I followed him, growing curiouser and curiouser by the minute. He suddenly stopped.
Beck?
It was the only person I could think of that would have lead me all the way out here. But at the black boots disappeared into the cliché hedge-maze, my doubts returned. Beck would be working in the kitchen, not running around out here, catching my curiosity. Beck was my best friend (yes, we were closer than Izzabelle and myself). Yet, we were worlds apart. He was a servant. I was the princess. How stupid right? You would have thought that maybe since we had evolved, year being 2075. But no, we still stumbled into the mistakes of the imbeciles who had made Era. I trudged after my mystery man, holding up bright white skirts so that I didn’t trip on them. I could feel my pale skin burning under the sun. A sharp left turn, a skidding halt. What was wrong with this guy? Could it really be Beck? We suddenly reached the center of the maze, and I smiled.
“Don’t smile to soon Princess.” A husky voice said from under a black hood. I couldn’t help my pink lips from curling ever so softly. I was excited to have finally caught the mystery man. He leaned forward, I leaned back. Suddenly I realized what he was doing, but it was too late. My back was against the waxy wall of green leaves. My heart plummeted. It was a trap.
“Did Astern put you up to this?” I hissed, my blue eyes throwing sparks.
“Hardly.” MM (mystery man) laughed, backing up. I shivered. Was it me or was it getting cold? I was scared now. What was he going to do? What wasn’t he going to do? Did he dare touch me? Did he dare not touch me? Whatever the case, he didn’t move very much after settling in the middle of the maze. A grumbling sound came from his throat.
“I can’t understand you.” I said softly. A couple of loose curls had fallen from my bun. I knew that Father was looking for me, the sun had started to set. Orientation would have been over hours ago. Had I really been running around in this maze for hours?
“You are no longer safe.” MM said. What did he mean? Did I ask myself too many questions that were left unanswered? Certainly. I opened my mouth.
“Look, MM, I just want to get home. I missed my walk on Lillybelle Beach today, and that usually leaves me really grouchy. So, how about we just go on our ways and I won’t mention this run in with Father.” I suggested.
“Claire, listen, you aren’t safe. I was sent here to give you this.” He held a letter.
One single letter.
“Just, give it to me and let me go.” I said. He leaned forward and handed me the letter. It weighed in my hand, a little heavier than I thought it would. I looked down at it, studying its pristine manila face, and looked back up to ask the man who it was from, but he was gone.

Feath ❤️

Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Wings :3   Butterfly Wings :3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:09 pm

Chapter Two

“Creeeeeepy.” A wind ruffled my hair, and sent a chill down my spine. The burnish yellow ball of the sun had finally set. I was alone, and scared. Did I just hear something in the underbrush? Surely not. Suddenly I knew that no one else could actually read this letter. I walked back out of the maze, retracing the steps I had made in the dirt, and suddenly found myself among a party. Had orientation not dispersed? I found Iz still under our umbrella.
“Iz?” I shook her shoulders. “Izzabelle!” She looked up from the rice cake that had stolen her attention. A silly smile covered her face.
“You find that cute lil boy you saw earlier? I mean, that was a quite short time to have talked to him. Only a couple of minutes really.” I looked at her like she was crazy.
“Iz, I think you’re sick. I was gone for hours!” I screamed at her, shaking her shoulder a little more.
“I know that!” Belle said, whacking me a little too hard with her hand-fan. I rubbed my forearm. “You went on your dumb walk on the beach, just like you do every night. Well, no one want to leave Orientation, so you daddy let ‘em stay.” She grumbled, nibbling on her rice cake. I left her, think otherwise. On my way back to the castle, I thanked the quest for coming, and sent them on their ways, promising another great Orientation next Sunday. They smiled and got into their carriages and other assortments of travel, and we’re off. Almost to the castle, I ran into trouble. Astern. He pulled me away from the crowd, and under the (little) privacy of a willow tree.
“Hello, wife.” He snarled, kissing me heavily on the cheek. I rolled my eyes, and pushed him away, despite his harsh grip.
“We aren’t married yet Astern.” A couple scurried by, apologizing to us. I swear I saw Iz’s red curls bouncy mischievously as she ran to another tree with that boy. Astern snapped me back to attention.
“This is true,” His greedy kisses grew closer to my mouth. ,”but soon, very, very, painfully soon, you will be.” What was he talking about; the wedding wasn’t for a couple of months? I became aware of the letter I hoarded in a pocket under my skirts. It weighed a thousand pounds as Astern places a hungry hand on my upper thigh.
“Cool off Astern.” I hissed, swatting at his hand. His kisses were mere whispers away from my lips, when someone parted the willow tree branches that brushed the ground.
“I was sent for the Princess.” That familiar voice. I spun around, and ran to Beck. Astern grunted.
“Maybe another time then, Claire.” He spat his acid words, his starved pale blue eyes giving me a long glance, and then disappearing. I hugged Beck fiercely.
“You saved me once again, from yet another make-out session.” Beck hugged back lightly, as he always did. He treated me like I was spun glass, just waiting from one to-hard touch that would break me. I backed up.
“Meet me in the garden in,” I looked at the rising moon, “twenty minutes?”
“Anything you want, Princess.” Beck laughed. His laugh always took my breath away. He moved lithely back into the crowd, weaving his way back to the castle. After a couple minutes, I did the same, my eyes weary of Astern’s royal blue clothing. It was his trade mark. I guess it made his brown hair look good. I arrived in my room not moments after enter the castle. Yes, I rigged some places around the castle to insta-transport me to my room. Some people got winded climbing the steps up to the highest room in the tallest tower. I told you my life was one big cliché. Once in my room, I changed out of the giant white dress that I had been captive in all day. Instead I put on a blue dress, mid thigh length, and a pair of flat-bottom shoes. It was lazy wear, and I didn’t feel like digging for my other, floor length dress. I hurried to my closet, step on a certain pair of stones, and thought ‘garden’.

Feath ❤️

Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Wings :3   Butterfly Wings :3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:59 pm

Chapter Three

It was cold.
Very, very cold.
Beck sat silently on a marble bench, bathed in moonlight. He was gorgeous; I’m not going to lie. Dark features weren’t meant for moonlight. But his were. His were perfectly. His warm olive skin, his luscious black hair, waved, glowing a blue after shine. His rich chocolate eyes. I shook the thoughts from my head. I couldn’t like Beck. He was a kitchen boy. I looked down.
“Beck.” I whispered, holding the letter in my hand. He looked up and smiled.
“Hey Claire.” I wanted to jump into his arms and complain and cry all about the horrific accident that had happened earlier that day, but I didn’t. I calmly sat on the bench beside the boy I had known all my life, and placed the letter in his lap.
“What’s this?” He asked, picking up the manila envelope that held a secret, or really, maybe nothing at all. I held my breath, just exchanging a glance with him. He opened it, slowly, as if he wanted to make me die of waiting. Finally, the contents of the letter were in his hands. I golden key, smaller than any key I had ever seen. And a letter, writing on burnt paper, as if someone had tried to get rid of it. Or maybe whoever sent the letter liked to do dramatic effects, and burnt the paper himself? Unlikely. I unfolded the piece of paper, reading the few words written on it.
Over the blue you will sea
How dangerous the world can be
Watch carefully the killing spree
Not much safer are thee

I read the idiotic poem, my eyes burning. I guess someone had tried to burn it. Was it a clue? I hadn’t yet decided. I stood, rubbing my bare arms vigorously. Why did it have to be so cold? Beck read the burnt paper over and over and over again, until I was sure he had memorized the rhyme, even the misspelled words.
“Are you done Beck? I’m freezing. Maybe we should go to the beach and start a bonfire.” He shook his head, stuffing the contents back in the envelope and putting them in his jacket pocket, then handed the worn leather to me.
“Here, let’s go for a walk.” I gladly put on the warm leather coat, snuggling into the smell of burning firewood that Beck picked up from the kitchen. He ran is fingers through his thick black hair. I looked at him a little confused.
“It means nothing Beck, it was a stupid rhyme. They even misspelled see. They spelt it like it was the ocean.” I said. Beck laughed, and let his hand drop to his side.
“Come on, I know a place where you can think.” I said, grabbing his warm hand and running towards the edge of the garden. There, hidden in the vines, was a gate. I dug under a rose bush, in the dirt, and came back with a key. I opened the wrought iron gate, and disappeared behind the vines. The sound of waves hitting the beach called to me. Beck followed me.
“It’s the most private place in the whole kingdom. Lillybelle Beach.” Everyone in the kingdom knew about Lillybelle Beach, but no one exactly knew where it was. Besides me of course. Besides me, Beck was the first person on the sugar white shore. He gapped at it all. The pristine turquoise waves. It was all new to him. He was the only one I would have shared the beach with.
“Now that you know how to get here, you can't tell anyone.” I said, grabbing his hand tighter. He squeezed back.
“Promise.” He whispered.
We wound up sitting on the beach, me toying with the key, him thinking about the rhyme. I pushed myself onto my side, covered in sand.
“Beck?” I asked, running on of my hand flirtily through his hair.
“Mhmm?” He answered his chocolate brown eyes closed, deep in thought. I smiled, inching closer to him. It’s been a while since we were so close.
“Do you remember when we were little, and we use to dance? Daddy didn’t like it, but do you remember?” I asked him, mere centimeters from him. He nodded, his eyes still closed. His over sized jacket swallowing me whole. I rested my head on my shoulder.
“I miss that.” I said. He laughed.
“What’s so funny?” I asked him.
“Nothing.” His eyes were opened, and he stood up, reaching out a hand to me. I took it, not having to say anything.
We were going to dance.
He spun me, the lose skirt of my dress flying around me like a tutu. I smiled, meeting his eyes, then looking away. We danced like that for awhile, waltzing. Until he pulled me close, chest to chest. I rested my head on his chest. Beck was a head taller than I was. His chin rested in my hair, which I had finally let down from its messy bun. This was the perfect chance, to find out if I really did like Beck. I tilted my chin back, and looked up. If any of you didn’t know, when dancing (slow dancing that is), tilting you head back meant you wanted to be kissed. And I wanted to be kissed. But Beck didn’t. He leaned forward like her was going to, but resulted in kissing my cheek. I had my eyes closed. I didn’t expect it. Suddenly his warmth was gone. I opened my eyes, and realized the sun was rising. It hadn’t really been that long had it? I looked everywhere, but Beck was gone. My fingertips went to my cheek. Yes, I knew now.
I liked Beck.

Last edited by Featherstar on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Feath ❤️

Feath ❤️

Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Wings :3   Butterfly Wings :3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Chapter Four

The next few days passed with slug like speed. I hadn’t seen Beck since that night on the beach. I hadn’t seen Astern since that night under the willow tree. Did you know, I had every single one of the willow trees in the courtyard ripped out of the ground? You didn’t? Oh... well I did. Daddy had me fitted for every new dress design that the Tailor came up with. I read about fifteen volumes of The Ways of Women which were novels on behaving like a woman. Obviously, I did a big no-no, by letting Beck dance with me, by sneaking off with Beck, were a short dress in the presence of Beck, by accepting Beck’s jacket, by going off alone with Beck, and worst of all, letting Beck kiss me on the cheek. Gosh, these novels were tough going! Oh well, I guess I’d never be a perfect lady. I spent three fourths of my time thinking about seeing Beck, and the other fourth thinking about how I could get a moment alone with him again.
I guess it was only fate that it happened on Lillybelle, right? Well, I was off on another one of my adventures, walking up and down the shore. Snow-white sea gulls, dotted with black specks cawed above my head. My bare feet sunk into the grainy sand with every step. I grew farther and farther away from the gate, and closer to the shadowy woods that lined the end of the beach front. I was walking back and forth, my white dress clinging to me and ending, mid thigh. Take that, stupid novels. Not too soon, and not too late, my curious eyes caught something glistening in the sand. I walked over, to where the waves had just washed over the sand. Wedged in the sand was a locket. A golden locket. Oddly, it wasn’t wet, yet it looked as though it had just been washed in by the waves. I shivered. Someone had put this here! I tried opening it. It wouldn’t work. A small keyhole starred at me, with a shiny smile. I grimaced back at it, and started my way back to my room. A tiny keyhole, barely big enough for….
The key in the letter.
It was all too simple. Had someone planted it there? Certainly. It couldn’t have arrived on a coincidence. I shivered, and snuggled farther into Beck’s jacket. The sun was facing the forest, but the trees cast long shadows towards me. I was rushing now, almost to the gate when.
Someone tackled me to the sand.
I lost my breath, all of it whooshing out of me in one swift moment. I struggled beneath the person who had tackled me. Finger wound into lush black hair, waved perfectly. My chest met firm sturdy chest. We rolled into the foamy waves. My head bobbed under water, before coming up for air. My arms wrapped around a strong, broad pair of shoulders, and refused to let go.
Beck.
“Don’t get out of the water.” He whispered in my ear. I nodded, my closed eyes opening to find three wolves (I guess you could call them ‘wolves’). They were more like shaped shadows. Whisp of darkness rolled off them, and they seemed to glide on the sand, rather than walk. They scared me, as they growled at me from the shore. And they could talk.
“Give us the girl.”
“We won’t hurt you; just give us the pale one.”
“We just want the blond girl. The one who touched the locket.”
Their voices were like whispers, screaming in my ears. I looked at Beck. Would he give me away?
“Fat chance, hellhounds.” Beck’s voices sounded out against the voices of the wolves. Hadn’t I read about hellhounds somewhere? I squeezed tighter against Beck, and he held me to him, his protective hand on the small of my back. The burning sun had started to set. The hellhounds whispered to themselves, and each other, planning a getaway. We waited in the water. The sun finally set, and as it did, the hellhounds retreated into the shadowy forest. I looked up at Beck, who was already looking down at me.
“You saved me… again.” I said, my eyes apologizing for the burden that I was. He shook his head.
“I would rather die than lose you.” He said. Now was my chance. But Beck was already letting his grasp slip from me, trudging out of the waist deep water. He looked glorious. Black hair glistening with salty spray, shirt tight against his muscles…
I couldn’t think straight, and therefore, stood in the water, starring at him. He smiled with full lips.
“Come on, you need a shower.” He said, opening his hand towards me. Had this really just happened or was I imagining it? The sharp rocks scrapping my legs told me, it defiantly was real. A dream come true. I walked out of the ocean, my hair wavy with salty spray and sand. I took Beck’s hand, and we walked back to my room (well… insta-transported to my room).
There, I found the shower quickly. Beck sat on the floor of my room, not caring that he wasn’t supposed to be here. It didn’t matter. I had rigged my stairs. If a piece of dust fell on a stair leading to my room, the system I had made would tell me. And, the door was laser locked, which means that only a key made of laser could open it. As I showered, he just lay there, and when I came out of the sweet smelling bathroom with a silky sleep gown, finally, he got up, and went right in to take his shower. I knew that running water went against Era, but I would die if I had to wait for my water to ‘boil’ every day. There were plenty of exceptions to Era in the castle. Just like my closet. I could talk to it, explain exactly what clothing I wanted, and it would give it to me. There were other clothes that I didn’t give back to the closet to recycle, like my favorite, short, icy blue dress. Or the white dress that was now being washed by the maids (it was covered in sand and saltwater).
Beck came out of the bathroom, in a regular white t-shirt, plaid sleeping pants, and with wet hair. I smiled, and patted the bed space beside me. He sat, but not close enough for my liking. We sat there for a minute, trying to catch our breath. It had been an eventful night. And it still wasn’t over.
“Do you have the key still?” Asked Beck. I was two steps ahead of him. I had the egg shaped locket, and the key. He smiled, and took them from my shaking hands, gently. I let him. I knew I needed him to open the locket, just like I had needed him to open the letter. She grabbed his arm, in anticipation.
The key twisted silently, propping open the locket in one swift movement. Beck removed the key, and handed it to me.
Here we go.

Feath ❤️

Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Wings :3   Butterfly Wings :3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Chapter Five

Something fell out of the locket. I didn’t both looking at it. I bothered screaming though. All the light in the room was gone. In a flash, it was darker than I’d ever seen. The light from the moon didn’t even come in through the window. Beck was there, holding me, he closed the locket.
“Where’s the key, Claire?” He asked gruffly, reaching out to me. I handed it to him, and he opened the locket back up. All the light in the room returned. I sighed.
“What just happened?” Beck was fighting a laugh, his arms still around me. He let them fall away. Why did it seem that every chance I got, Beck didn’t want to be as close to me and I wanted to him?
“The locket is cloaked.” He saw the confused look on my face. “You know, charmed, like someone’s laid magic on it?” I looked at him like he was crazy. I knew that Lillium held witches and warlocks, and other people who thought they could cast spells, but I never knew that they actually could do magic. I looked at him.
“It’s rigged to collect light, so that when it’s opened it can project the light it’s collected. In case you’re ever someplace dark.” He said. I nodded, only half believing him myself. I looked around my bed.
“Something fell out of the locket when you opened it.” I told Beck, looking around.
“I didn’t see anything. Maybe you eyes are playing tricks.” He said. I shook my head.
“No, I saw it fall out.” My searchings were more frantic, as I ruffled my comforter looking for the item that had fallen out. Beck grabbed my wrist, lightly.
“Calm down Claire. This whole thing is shaking you up.” He said. I melted into his grip, and he allowed himself to hold me. We sat there for awhile, in each other’s arms. His voice shattered the silence, and I was almost glad to hear him talk. It reassured me that it was actually him holding me, and not Astern.
“I’ve been thinking… about the riddle. Maybe the person who wrote it didn’t mean to misspell see. Maybe it was actually supposed to be sea.” He said. I looked at him.
“Over the blue you will sea.” I recited. “Maybe it means over the ocean. The ocean is blue.” I said sleepily. Beck squeezed me tight, waking me from all thoughts of sleep.
“You’re a genius Claire! Of course it’s over the ocean!” Beck said excitedly, his usually cool, calmness disappearing, then returning, as he saw me yawn.
“You’re sleepy aren’t you?” He asked. I nodded, closing my eyes and breathing in his burnt-wood smell fondly. I could fall right asleep right there in his arms. It wasn’t that I was comfortable, trust me, resting your head on a stern chest like that was hard, and after awhile your neck complained of an ache. But I was at home in his arms. And they were warm, and comforting (not to be confused with comfortable) and strong, like they could save me from the worlds trouble. Beck was safety, and warmth, and sleep… Oh God was I sleepy.
“You can go to sleep Claire. I’ll stay right here.” He said, leaning back, his head against the headboard. Ah, at this angle, he was the most comfortable, warm, soft bed I could imagine. His heart beat thumped in my ear, his arms were curled around me. I fell into sleepy. Hard.
All around me, it was dark, except on spotlight, resting on a painting. I walked over to it. The open ocean. Three shadowy figures stayed on the shore, the water inches away from them. Hellhounds. In the water was a girl, with a white dress on, and a worn leather jacket. I’m guess that was me. Around her neck was the locket. Her hair blew around her like a halo. She looked dangerous, and vicious. Was she really me? Did I really look like that? It’s what the picture was suggestion. But something was off about it. I suddenly realized what, and with every ounce of strength I had, I took the picture, and broke it over my knee.
And then I ran.
Faster than I ever have before, my bare feet slapping against the marble floor. Where was I? The place seemed familiar, but I had never been there before. I looked behind me, to make sure that nothing was following me. Bad move, because I ran smack into a door, which creaked open under my weight. I fell forwards into a garden. It was filled with neon flowers and bright beams of the moon.
And butterflies.
Thousands and thousands of butterflies, flying around with intricate wings.
I wanted to reach out and touch one. They all looked so mystical. In the midst of them all, I saw two people.
Izzabelle and Beck.
What were the doing in the middle of this butterfly flurry? I called out to them, but they didn’t hear me. I tried walking to them, but thousands of butterflies clouded them, forming a wall inbetween us. I screamed. I knew something bad was happening to them. I swatted the insects away, like they were mosquitoes buzzing in my ears, and when I finally made it through the cloud, Beck and Izzabelle were gone, in their place, two sets of butterfly wings.

Feath ❤️

Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Wings :3   Butterfly Wings :3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:01 pm

Chapter Six

I sat up suddenly in bed, screaming. It seemed like I’d been screaming a lot. I reached for Beck, but he wasn’t there. I opened my eyes. Where was he? I looked around the room. The glass door to my balcony was open. The sun was just coming up. I ducked out of my canopy bed and pulled his jacket around me, even though I wasn’t cold. I had started to wear it everywhere, except to social events. I think I even saw a couple of girls wearing one. A new fashion statement? I laughed and walked out of the room, and onto the balcony.
He sat there, serene. His hair had waved itself, his eyes were warm.
“Hey there Claire. Awake already?” He asked. I walked to him, and opened his arms for him, molding them around me, underneath the protective layer of leather jacket. My head rested over his heart, and I could hear its beating. “I had a bad dream.” I told him, nuzzling myself into his shirt. He smelled even more like the burnt wood that he usually did. He looked out at the beach. I didn’t want to go for a walk on the beach today, but I was sure I was going to have to.
“What was it about?” He asked, petting my hair. I shouldn’t have told him. Now I was going to have to think back to the horrible panting, and all those butterflies.
“I was in a room, it had black marble floors. On the wall was a painting, shining with one spotlight. I went over to look at it, and it turned out it was the scene from the beach, with those Hellhounds, except instead of you holding me… a hellhound was by my side, but it was made of light. And I was glowing, and…” I trailed off. “It was a stupid dream.” I said, a winding ruffling the hair out of Beck’s face. “And then I ran, and fell into a door, and it opened, and I was in a garden.” I said all in one breathe. “Annnnnnnd, there were millions of butterflies flying around. In the middle were you and Iz. And I went after you, but these butterflies blocked me, so I swatted them away, and when I got to the middle, you two were nothing but wings.”
Beck stiffened. I had said something, I was sure I had said something. He looked down at me.
“Odd dream.” Was all he said. I felt like he had taken a hand to my face. I knew he knew something. Something that he was reluctant to share with me. But I didn’t push him. I just untangled our arms and walked back to my room. I pressed a red button that connected directly to the kitchen.
“Hugo, can you send up breakfast for two? Oh, and I have a couple chores for Beck to do today, so excuse him from kitchen duty, okay?” I asked, not waiting for an answer. Beck poked his head in from the balcony, looking perfect as ever.
“So you can excuse me from work, just like that?” He asked. I nodded.
“How come you just now decided to use it!?” He laughed, gathering me up in his arms, and throwing me lightly on the bed. I giggled like a little girl. Maybe now. Maybe now he was finally going to do it. He walked around the bed, putting her arms on either sides of my shoulders, and looking at me upside down. I smiled, and l flipped over, leaning forward. He leaned forwards to, his forehead meeting mine. I closed my eye. We were only centimeters away…
There was a knock on the door.
I groaned and jumped off the bed. “I’ll get it!” I called to no one in general, and opened the door. Hugo stood there, a mountain of food on a hover cart. I pulled it into my room, and thanked him for his service, then slammed the door in his face.
“Way to ruin a moment.” I grumbled under my breath. Beck starred at the food hungrily. I gestured to the food.
“Take what you want.” He grabbed a plate, and piled it full of food. I smiled, and did the same. Beck smiled.
“You know, I really do love a girl who can eat, and isn’t afraid to in front of people.” He said, scooting closer to me. My cheeks heated, as munched on a chocolate chip muffin. It seemed like everything was going fine, until someone burst through my door.
“Oh hey Astern.” I said a little too late. He had already plowed over our food cart, and jumped on Beck, punching him a good one in the cheek. I pushed at him, knowing Beck wouldn’t fight back. My mistake. Astern turned to me.
“Stay out of this Claire.” I wouldn’t listen, and continued to push him, until he took it into his own hands, and hit me, hard. I fell back, my cheek burning. A scream erupted from my throat and tears sprung into my eyes. Beck was furious. He threw Astern off himself.
“Did you seriously just hit her!?” He growled, punching Astern in the nose. His fist came back bloody. He reared his arm back for another good hit, but I didn’t let him fire it. I grabbed his arm. At the sight of my teary eyed, he stopped. Astern got up, clutching his nose, and ran from the room. Beck whipped his hand on a napkin, then pulling me into his arm. I shut the door. I didn’t want anyone else up here. I cried into his shirt, not because of my stinging cheek, but of how horrible Astern was. Beck held me, tightly, whipping away the tears streaming down my face. He had come to my defense. I untangled myself from him, for the second time that day, and pressed a button beside the door, where a monitor sat.
Beck came up behind me, and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, and rested his chin on my head.
“What are you doing?”
“Locking the stairs, so no one can come up.” I told him. He squeezed my shoulders. I shrugged out of them, and he looked at me.
“You have explaining to do.” I barked at him. He smiled sheepishly, sitting in an arm chair. I perched safely on the armrest. “I know that you’re hiding something from me.” I said. He nodded, and got up, and went to my jewelry box. He opened a drawer, and pulled something out, shut the drawer back, and sat back down in the chair, all in one swift movement. His hands were cupped around something.
“Don’t tell me that you caught a spider or something, and you were hiding it in my jewelry box to scare me?” I huffed.
“Hardly.” He said, opening his hands.
Inside was one, purple set, of butterfly wings.
I fainted.

Feath ❤️

Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Wings :3   Butterfly Wings :3 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Chapter Seven

I opened my eyes a creak, and looked around. Beck? No, I didn’t see him anywhere. It was night already. (I have windows in my room so, yeah.) I knew that something had happened, and the rising lump on the back of my head told me… I didn’t want to know. The last thing I remember was sitting on the chair’s arm rest… so why was I tucked into bed? Musta been Beck. It was so cozy here. My hair pulled out of my face, my belly full, well rested, the cold and heavy locket tugging on my neck. Suddenly, my bed didn’t seem so comfy. Against the screaming soreness in my knees, I stood and went to the balcony. For some reason, I knew if Beck wasn’t around the palace that he would be in his favorite patio chair on my balcony. He was. The moonlight never did do his features justice. I pulled up a matching chair and sat beside him.
“Hey.” He said in a croaky voice, like he was holding back tears. His arms sat on the arm rest, his fist clench. I placed a hand on his balled-up hand, and he released his grip. A familiar pair of paper-like beauties fell the concrete floor. (Concrete was so against Era). Beck looked at me with sad, brown eyes. Shadows danced gracefully across his head, and the wind ruffled the willow tree above my room. (Note to self, remove willow tree above room. Replace with spiny oak.)
“What’s the matter?” I questioned, knowing it was a stupid move, but I picked up the butterfly wings anyways. I looked at them. Beck shook off my hand. I let it be.
“Nothing. Just the fact that you keep running into trouble every time I’m around.” Beck said, running a calloused hand through wavy hair. (It was a habitual thing for him, seeing as his beautiful hair was always hanging around his eyebrows) I laughed; receiving a “look” from him in return.
“I think you have it mixed up, darlin,” (Danged Iz!) ,” you’re around because I’m always in trouble. It’s not like Astern would save me.” I reasoned, un-tucking my hair, and then, nervously tucking it back. It was a stupid trait I picked up from my mother. Beck stood up, not lending me one passing glance. I followed him, standing behind his tall, dark, handsome figure. He let out a gust of breath, then licked his not-so-chapped lips.
“I don’t think you understand Claire. Do you not see that you aren’t running from trouble anymore? Liked the cloaked man. You followed him right into a maze! Not everyone in the world is good. I mean, you didn’t even shake when the hellhounds appeared. It’s not natural for you to be so brave all the time. It’s going to get you hurt, and I might not be there to save you.” Beck spilled, gushing emotion and worse. Hurt. But something was very, very, painfully fishy about his story. He caught me off guard.
“ I don’t know why I’m not afraid!” I explained, trying my best to defend myself, when I knew that against Beck, I was defenseless. ,”It’s not like I go looking for trouble, Beck. I just, maybe somehow trouble finds me, because it knows you’re going to save me.” Beck looked at me funny. “Maybe because it knows that… you know what never mind.” I pressed, crumpling the majestic purple butterfly wings in my hands and throwing them at him. He picked them up, and put them back in my hands, un-crumpled. That was weird.
“Maybe because it knows what?” Beck questions, pushing me to the limit. I was starting to get angry with him.
“I said never mind!” I said, starting to walk back to my room. I had never really fought with Beck, and I really didn’t want to start now.
“No, tell me. It’s important to me, and I want to know.” He said smoother than the wet sand of Lillybelle Beach.
“I said maybe it knows that you’re supposed to be my knight in shining armor.” I whispered, tears forming in my eyes. I really made him look like a jerk right them, but it wasn’t like anyone besides me and him would know. And I had a thousand questions. He pulled me to him, a brushed his lips against my honey blond hair –or so I’ve been told-. I wrapped my arms fondly around him.
I really wanted him to be mad with me. I really, really hated it when he was so soft with me. He treated me like I never did anything wrong, when really I was horrible to him. I decided to let it slide this time, only because his arms felt so warm.
“What are those butterfly wings from anyways?” I asked him, my voice a bit muffled against his grey cotton shirt. He didn’t answer.
“Beck, seriously. What’re they from?”
“Nothing.”
“I am so not in the mood!” I yelled, pulling away from him. There I went again, ruining the perfect moment we had been sharing. ,” You ask so many questions, and expect answers, but I ask you something and you ignore me?! I’m tired of playing this game Beck!” I screamed at him, pulling away from his warm grip.
“The only reason I don’t tell you is to protect you. If you knew, you’d be in more danger than you already are.” He said, grasping me lightly around the shoulders. I don’t know how he did it, but Beck could make you feel safe, in love, and still let you know that you he was going to make you stay, all in one gentle movement. I was boiling by this point.
“Maybe if I’m in such intimate danger, you should tell my father! Maybe the Royal Guard could protect me, or someone that doesn’t work in the kitchen!” I hissed, and suddenly wished I could take the words back. Hurt flashed Beck’s eyes, the eyes I loved so much, and he flinched, like I’d struck him.
“Beck, I’m sorry.” I whispered. If you couldn’t guess, I was crying by now. I reached a hand up, and touched his cheek lightly. Somehow I felt that I wouldn’t be able to make him feel better unless I had expressed it physically. He pulled away from my touch, walking over to the balcony. I followed him still, like a lost puppy, begging to be petted once. Beck let out a shaky sigh. I had really hurt him. My hands shakily reached for him, my eyes wet.
“Claire, this is far beyond you’re fathers power. It’s more than my, or Astern, or Izzabelle, or the whole of Lillium. It’s you. And you’re worth more than that. That’s why I trust only myself to protect you.” Beck said, whipping my tears with the calloused thumb that I could recognize in a heartbeat as his. I leaned into him, closing my eyes and protruding my chin, slowly. I was readying for a kiss.
“Claire, not now.” He said, backing up a step. The space between us was still little more than hands length away. I understood, and he grabbed my hand, sinking into his patio chair and pulling me along with him.
I couldn’t have asked for more, except that Beck would just tell me what that stupid set of wings was about! Maybe it was to protect me, but maybe it was to keep me from something that he thinks would hurt me. I stroked his thick black hair, wishing I could know what he was thinking, for only a moment. I think it would be worth it in the long run.
We sat like that for while, Beck and I, talking softly, my head on his shoulder, his arms around my waist, both of us, starring at the beach. And for awhile, it kept me from realizing something.
But not for long.
I had never told Beck about that night in the maze. Yet he knew who Mystery Man was.
And when I did figure out that he knew about him, I did everything in my power to find out who it was.

Feath ❤️

Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Wings :3   Butterfly Wings :3 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:19 pm

Chapter Eight

I had never really been in the village. I had seen it from the wrought iron gates of the castle. The little fishing village had seemed so modest and beautiful. Red clay bricks covered everything from head to toe, and turquoise stones were embedded in the walls of some upper-class houses. I’m sure on the inside though, they were all metal and flexi-glass and small robots attending to unruly children. Beck walked close to me, and I looked down at the feet of my people, a thick black hood covering my blond locks. I did look up once. The sky was thick and angry with purplish clouds. Beck saw me, and put a gentle hand between my shoulder blades. A small child’s eyes lit up, as she saw a familiar face, the one of Princess Claire. Her efforts to expose were quickly liquidated when her mother slapped away a tugging hand at a dirty apron.
Small things sent my mind a-reel. Is this how my people lived why I sat in the luxury of the palace? I expunged the thoughts. They were unorthodox and simply naive. I had been in the village for less than five minutes, and already I had dramatized everyone I passed life story. We soon reached a stone house, made of red bricks. It looked clean cut and newly made. Inside, it smelt like a new book, the pages touched for the first time, a new story waiting to be unraveled. I loved it. We walked down a flight of stairs into what looked like a storage room. Obviously it wasn’t. Beck at an iron door, hidden away from sight by a rug nailed to the wall. I knew that the front room was Era, it had a wooden couch and a table with mugs and bowls made of clay –not the crystals we used at the palace- and table mats woven of colorful thread. I longed to take them with me. A small part of the real humanity that I wished we all had.
“Don’t lift your hood until I give the signal.” Beck told me, his black waves falling into his eyes, giving him a deviously handsome look. I stopped myself from sweeping them aside and bringing back the Beck that I knew and loved. He knocked on the cold metal, his knuckles beating lightly and causing a hollow noise. My heart beat as fast as humming birds, if not more. Fact: I had no clue what the signal was. Too late to ask now.
“Who had found the door of waiting?” Someone asked in a nervous, husky voice. If it had been authorities, the voice would quickly be over thrown as a lazar brought down the might thresh hold that he so nervously protected. Beck seemed calmer than usual. Perhaps it was due to the fact that many of his friends were here to protect me.
“It is the dark ocean, and a friend of the protectors.” It all sounded a bit cliché to have all these code names, but I’m sure it made the game all the more fun. Not to me really, when the game was protecting life. You lose, you die.
“We welcome the dark ocean, but friends are only friend when recognized as one.” I could tell the joking tone in the guard’s voice. Beck hissed.
“The golden wings are here, you horrendous idiot! I didn’t wish to grace you with knowing who she was.” He said. The guard didn’t even wait to hear the rest of his sentence. After golden wings, the iron door flew open. Beck smiled with narrowed dark eyes.

“That’s more like it Hart.” Beck said, cracking his knuckles. Hart starred at me.
“But, why do you wish to conceal her with the cape. Why not use a char-.” Beck made cutting motions to his throat, as if to say, shut up. Hart coughed covering up his mistake, his eyes taking me in. I took it that opening the door was the signal. That... and my cape kind of flew off in the rush of wind as Guard Hart opened the door.
“She is mighty a pretty thing, like everyone in the village says.” He said, gulping. I rolled my eyes.
“I’m sure you’re here to present her to Lukas?” He asked. The mention of the name sparked something in my memory, but I waved it away, like a pesky fire-bug. Something also sparked in Beck, but he did not ignore it.
“Lukas is here?!” He asked, his tone hushed. I pouted. It was no fun being the third wheel. Who was Lukas? I further examined the spark in my head as the boys talked. I got nothing in return. Just the faintest picture of the back of a boy’s head, thick auburn hair and porcelain skin. Squared shoulders and long legs. Long arms and balled fist. Who was he? I itched to know.
Hart caught my way-run attention. “Yes, Lukas is going to want to see her, even if you go straight to the back room.” I yawned. It was boring. My crystalline eyes drifted to my surroundings. It wasn’t much to look at. A thick-walled room of dirt. Yes, I said dirt. And another steel door. Total Era acknowledged, seeing as the only light source was that fire on the wall. Maybe it was a safety flame. I brought my hand close to it. No warmth. A safety flame it was. I’m sure that were thousands of other, Era prohibited things here. Perhaps the walls shot arrows and the floor...
“Coming Golden Wings?” Hart said, obviously bemused that I was still standing by the door, flipping my hand through the safety fire. I’d like to bemuse my hand across his face.
“As long as we aren’t going to the same place.” I said poisonously. Hart laughed hardily, and Beck coughed, obviously stifling a chuckle. We walked into the room behind the second metal door, bright lights blinding me until my eyes adjusted to them. A metal table, with coins of all kinds and a rotting bowl of fruit greeted me, a knife sticking out of the top. A rugged couch with two more guys –looking about Beck’s mature age of seventeen, hahaha- sat in the corner, a hover-screen playing them channels that I’d never seen. A chick in a skimpy pirate outfit fighting off twelve guys half her size with a small dagger and a piece of drift wood.
“Hey she’s pretty. She with you?” The taller of the two, with a thin scar in his eyebrow asked of Beck.
“This is Claire Feye.” Beck said his eyes dangerously sharp. The short boy, with long bed tossed hair in the color of the sand on Lillie Belle Beach looked at me sideways. Well really, I’m sure that was what it would be like if he could see me. His long blond hair fell into his eyes, hiding them. Maybe his bleach locks where translucent? Like a polar bears.
“Miss Feye sure does have nice curves.” The blond one said. His accomplice narrowed his eyes.
“Feye sounds familiar. Maybe were kin?” He asked scratching a head with dirt colored curls. I hoped he actually washed his hair, and that wasn’t disgustingness caked on. They were both clueless.
“That’s Princess to the likes of you two buffoons. Maybe you should treat a girl with respect! What are you even watching?! This is degrading!” I heard my mouth explode, spewing venom, and worse, good come-backs. They stared awe-struck.
“Maybe if you watched the undercover news, you would know who I am. Or maybe if you’d actually been out of this hell-hole!” It was the first time I had cussed. It seemed a bit unreal.
“Dust, Leo, go find Kofi.” Leo got to his feet, but stumbled over a bump in the rug under their feet. It wasn’t until he shook his head did I see his eyes. Starring into nothingness, clouded as if with thought and unusual blue.
“Kofi’s in the Infirmary.” The brown haired one said. I was thinking his name was Dust? Beck’s eyebrows shot up.
“Who’s she doctoring?” He asked, counting off the people he’d already seen.
“She ain’t doctorin anyone Beck; she’s the one gettin doctored.” Dust said. He sounded just like Izzabelle, it was uncanny. Maybe they were from the same district?
“Who’s attending to her then?!” Beck’s voice was urgent. I wanted to know who Kofi was, and why Beck was so worried about her.
“Reckon Iz is.” Leo said, his eyes swirling around at the top of my head. Iz was here? But why, how?!
“Then Claire and I shall head that way. Gentlemen.” Beck said waving goodbye and he walked down a hallway that I hadn’t noticed had been there before.
“Master Beck.” They answered. “My Lady.” They said to me, Dust getting up to flip the channel to undercover news. I smiled. But it soon faded as we walked down the hallways, thousands of questions popping up in my head, and as we walked past doors, more burrowed into my curiosity. Who was Kofi? Why was Beck so worried about her? Why was Izzabelle here? Am I asking too many questions? Yes.
We stopped in front of a door unlike the others, white and adorned with a red cross.
“The Infirmary.” Beck answered the question lingering in my head. I looked at him, as his eyes stared intently forwards. He pushed open the door with a hard shove, and my world was consumed by darkness.

Feath ❤️

Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Wings :3   Butterfly Wings :3 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Chapter Nine

I blinked, my eyes soon adjusting to the darkness. A small and kindly reading lamp sat on a table beside a sterile white bed, which was inhabited, unlike the others. Familiar faces sought me out as I sought them.
“Claire?!” Izzabelle said in great disbelief. Beck busily looked at the bed while I reunited with an old friend.
“Hi, Iz.” I answered shortly, my cocky nature disappearing along with the darkness of the room. A light flickered on. Someone coughed, causing Beck and Izzabelle to rush to the bed side of some girl that looked strikingly familiar. Kofi, I suppose. The girl had hair the color of charcoal, no richer and dark than that. I decided it was the color of a raven’s feather, so black it was blue. And eyes like a creek in Darker Forest, whose waters were crystal blue and venomous, as soon as you rustled them and stirred the ashes of burnt trees. Silvery blue. She sucked in Beck and Izzabelle’s attention, and gave nothing in return.
“Why is she here?” Kofi’s eyes narrowed viciously at me. Beck and Izzabelle seemed eager to please, and answered at the same time.
“No reason.” Great. I was forever more going to be known as the girl with no reason. Thanks for the branding. Kofi looked at me again, her tanned skin dancing with darker freckles across her nose. She smirked.
“Then why is she here?” She asked once more.
“I promised Claire answers. She came to receive them.” I smirked back at her. I was now back in Beck’s attention. Already I loathed Kofi, and we’d just met.
“Maybe we should go get those answers?” I asked Beck, not sure what he say, seeing as her was laughing with Kofi right now. Did they have jokes that I didn’t know about? Did they have more than jokes that I didn’t know about? Maybe Beck and Izzabelle had something together too. The bunch sat very close together, Izzabelle’s arm pressed against Beck’s, Beck’s hand in Kofi, Kofi tugging at Izzabelle’s crimson hair. I got no answer. What the heck was wrong with him today?! It was like he stepped into the… stepped into whatever this place was and became a whole new person. A whole new Beck.
“Well, I think I should take Claire to the Library.” He said finally, pulling out of the clutches of my, once best-friend, and her not-so-kind accomplice. His hair had been fingered through, and his shirt ruffled from poking and prodding received by the girls.
“Do you hafta leave?” Iz asked, her red lips pouty, her warm brown eyes welcoming him to sit back down. Her accent did sound very welcoming. Beck shook his head.
“I can’t Izzy; Claire needs to know at last.” He said. Kofi frowned my way, and tugged his shirt sleeve down, to whisper in his ear. A grin spread across his face and as he leaned up, Kofi planted a big kiss on his cheek, a little too close to his lips for my liking. I coughed as if to say, done yet? Beck blushed, and excused himself, as he moved towards me. We walked out of the Infirmary, the girls called sweet goodbyes, and promises of another time, when Kofi could get out of the darned place. Although she didn’t say darned. Profanity these days, ugh.
We walked in silence to wherever Beck was taking me. His walked was casual, and his shoulders slouched, not at all like his usual posture. I was starting to notice that I knew Beck, less and less. It concerned me. Maybe he was losing himself in the glamour of Kofi and Belle? I dunno.
“Here we are.” He said, causing my train of thought to crash nerve wrenchingly into a mental stand still. I ran smack into the door he had opened.
“You okay?!” He asked, trying to hide a life. I brushed off his hands.
“Just fine.” I bet Kofi never ran into a door.
The door to the library was taller than Astern, taller than Dust or Leo, even taller than Beck. And he was at least six foot five. Beck was tall. I was short, at a mere five foot four. It was carved with what appeared to be a bunch of different animals, but mostly butterflies. They covered the door, burning themselves into my memory. I hated butterflies from that day on. I swore to it. Inside the door though, the library was much more grand and marvelous.
Thousand of books covered the self, alphabetized. But one section stood out the most. It glowed and surged, and I felt the need to touch each glittering book, to consume into knowledge whole and process the leftover.
I started my walk towards them.
“Where are you going?!” Beck asked, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion.
“To the books…” My voice trailed off as I reached the bookcase. I picked up the first leather bound bundle of information and looked at its cover. At first it arrived to me as symbols, weird letters and dashed and commas that I had never seen before, bound in black leather and written in silver letters that made me think of blood for some odd reason.
Perhaps it was a collector’s edition for some odd book series or something or another. But then the weird letters and symbols swirled and twirled. I was going crazy. But then I could read the cover. Rather well actually.
“What is this?!” I asked Beck. The Wing’s and Body? Weird book title. I thought they were just butterfly wings. But… oh no… I’ve lost my mind. I sat down in a leather chair, my shoulders slumping and my grip on the book loosing greatly. Beck perfectly caught the elegant hard back, and looked at it.
“Why did you run off like that?!? There could have been someone in here; there is a window to the outside world. This book could have been poison-“
“Where you about to say poisonous?” I asked indignantly. He nodded.
“Some books in this library are poisonous to human touch.” He said, nestling the leather bounder back into its proper place on the bookshelf. He ran his fingers over the books, big and small, tall and short, and came back with one.
“Like this one.” He said holding it out of reach.
“Then why can you touch it?” I asked him, thinking he was playing a trick on me. He laughed nervously, and then seriously said.
“Because, Claire. I’m not human.”
His words hung in the air, thickening my oxygen supply. We both sat there for a moment starring at each other. He looked intent on me speaking next. But the next sound was not me speaking, but more of mocking him. Because I laughed. And laughed and laughed. Until Beck had to put his hands on my shoulder and stop me from embarrassing myself.
“I’m not kidding.” He said sternly, as though he was training a dog to sit. I stopped laughing all at once.
“What the Goddess are you talking about?!” I screeched, slapping him a good one on his arm. It left an angry red after mark. Beck rubbed the slap mark slowly.
“Don’t use those kinds of terms here! Words have more power than Mortal’s think!” He hissed at me. My eyes rolled them self automatically.
“Look, if you’re Immortal, then I am too.” I said, narrowing crystal blue eyes suspiciously. Beck sighed and sat me back down.
“I am of another race, which looks like a mortal, but has the ability to change into a different form.” He said simply, like it was everyday life that a girl found out her love-interest was Immortal. Like it was a simple conversation.
“Becker Eron Fairchild, you are a liar, and a bad one at that!” I shouted loud enough for the whole world to hear. He looked as calm as the ocean before a big storm. I hated him for it, the handsome brute.
“Clairy Starling Feye, I swear by my life and every breath that I take that I am not Mortal, nor dead, and therefore Immortal.” I hated the sound of my name, but on Beck, it was sweet dew drops on waxy leaves after a clean rain the night before. Refreshing, satisfying, sweet, and mostly, almost seductive. I sighed inwardly.
“So, are you some kind of Werewolf?” Beck laughed at me, a hardy thing, something between handsome and cute. I loved it. But I hated when it was directed at me.
“Far from it!” He said. “I, my dear, am a shape shifter.” I looked at him with unearthly perspective. How could he be a shape shifter? He hadn’t looked different since the first day she had saw him. He merely grew into his features –that Beck had owned- and got taller. It was different, yes, and somehow, it fascinated me and disgusted me at the same time.
“So, as a shape shifter, what are the special things you can do?” It seemed obviously, but I didn’t want to say anything else, in case it was wrong.
“We can change into any shape of form of any animal or insect alive.” He said, looking down at his calloused hands. I sighed once more. It was as I had thought it to be.
“Well, how come you’ve kept this a secret for so long?” My eyes must have given away the feeling to bolt out of the sanctuary for Beck and his friends, because hurt flashed in his eyes like lightning in a thunder cloud sky.
There for one second, gone for the next.
But sooner or later, it was back for more. “It’s not that I could exactly tell you Clairy.” I hated when he used my full name. It gave me the uneasy feeling that something very seriously and responsible-needing was about to be dropped on my shoulders.
It was a big responsibility though, to keep his secret, to help him live a lie. I’m sure it was all for a good cause. “Beck, this is plethora of responsibility to take on. I don’t really know if I can.” I whispered, not meeting his shocked glance.
Beck had always been the reckless one. I had always been the responsible one.
“Clair, I swear, I know you can. If I believe in you, then surely you can believe in yourself.” He said, taking my hands in his. Snow against light tree bark. He was so tan, and I was so… well, white. He leaned forward just a bit, our foreheads touching. And for the first time since he told me, I actually believed him when he said, he was something different entirely.
Beck. My Beck. He wasn’t human. He wasn’t a monster either. He was him and that was all that mattered. I leaned closer and closer till I could almost feel the soft skin of his lips. Cough cough. Someone stood in the doorway. A tall lanky figure, with dusty brown hair. Beck and I stood at the same time, me blushing a deep scarlet, him slinging an arm around my shoulders casually. Dust smiled at us.
“Beck, Lukas wants you to do a perimeter check.” He said huskily. A bit of stubble grew on his chin faintly. Beck nodded to him, and left me in the study, giving one last warm glance then heading out the giant door. Dust followed suit. I was left to study the text around me.
Until a brisk and broad figure stepped into the room.

Feath ❤️

Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Wings :3   Butterfly Wings :3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:47 pm

Chapter Ten

He was tall. Very, very, painfully tall. And handsome, beyond belief. Auburn hair and caramel colored eyes, against slightly tanned skin with the slightest freckles on his nose. I had no clue who he was, and what he did, but he was incredible addictive to look at. He walked in like he owned the place, his swagger sloppy yet graceful yet stern yet relaxed all at the same time. It was like someone had taken four incredibly ideal boys and put them in a blender, poured them in a glass with a bendy straw and served it to me.
“Hello.” He said, flipping his auburn hair out of his eyes. I melted.
“Hi.” I choked out, my hands sweating. I sat on them. He looked at me with those caramel eyes, cocking an eyebrow as if to ask, Are you okay Claire?
I wasn’t okay.
“So, what’s a girl like you doing in a place like this?” He asked, not bothering to ask my name or tell me his. It was incredibly rude, for someone you haven’t even met to barge in and not even introduce one’s self. So naturally, I ignored his question and asked my own.
“My name’s Claire Feye. Who might you be?” I questioned. He laughed heartily, throwing back his head, and holding his stomach, as though I had just told him and elaborate and hilarious joke and not asked him a question. My smiled faded.
“My dear, I know who you are. You should really know who I am.” He said, flipping his auburn hair out of his eyes again. He furrowed thick eyebrows at me, and frowned as I did. He puzzled me. I swear I knew him, and I swear I had never seen him in my life. Already I hated him yet I was in…
“Surely you do know who I am?” He asked, disbelief dripping from his voice and pooling around his feet. Or maybe it was my drool. I just wanted to reach out and touch his perfectly chiseled chin…
“I- We’ve never met.”
“Yes we have, in another life.” He said with the straightest of faces. I snorted, of all things that I could have done. I snorted… In front of this super delicious boy. Man was more like it. The man’s eyebrows furrowed again.
“You have got to be kidding?”
“Not at all.”
“Then how come I don’t know your name?” I put up a good argument. He shrugged.
“Surely I don’t expect you to remember my name for centuries upon centuries.” I felt dumb. Very, very, painfully dumb because I had no clue what this guy was talking about. Centuries? I was barely sixteen.
“Well then, maybe you should introduce yourself and stop being so rude.” I stammered. He laughed again, but not as heartfelt as last time. My mind reeled. I had probably said the wrong thing.
“I am Lukas Dunnaway. Nice to finally meet you, the beautiful Miss Claire Feye.” Lukas said, standing in one rush of air, and bowing. Gentlemen like of him. But I still couldn’t wrap my mind around what he had said. Supposedly, we had already met, yet Lukas implied that we hadn’t. Dumbfounded, I asked yet the bajillionth question of the conversation.
“I thought you said we had already met.” Simple and sweet, I like to keep my questions that way. Sometimes big long thoughts could really confuse a person, and I really didn’t want to let my intellect confuse Lukas, although he really did seem like an intelligent person, he probably would know the answer and all this mind babble was just useless. I did it again, didn’t I?
“Oh not in this life, although I recognize you, we haven’t talked since I was working in the CIA, and you were a Russian Spy, back in 2009.” Said Lukas, his voice telling me the work of discovering that had tired him. I sighed. Already I was thinking this boy was a bit spoiled, and arrogant.
“Quite some time into the past. Pray, how did you manage to find that out?” I asked him, simply. All I need was a cup of tea and a pair of silky white gloves, and this would be just like one of my ‘dates’ with Astern’s friends. My voice was respectful and admirable of the other person, yet I was child-like and dumbfounded. Something one of my various tutors had taught me, sound intelligent and respectful of the men you talk to. Although, I knew in my head that I wasn’t really respecting him. To me, it was almost like I was mocking him.
“Well you see, I have something special about me that lets me-.” He was cut short by someone barging into the room. To my pleasure, it was Beck, dripping water and anger.
“Lukas. What are you doing here?” His voice shot ice like a spear, and plunged deep into my skin. I hoped he would never use that voice on me. Lukas rolled his amber eyes, and shook his head.
“Becker, I was just talking to Claire. I figured she got tired of you.” He smiled pearly white teeth. It almost reminded me of a Great White Shark. I’d seen videos and pictures of the beast in one of my many tutor’s teaching chips. The smile was predatorily based and made me want to move out of his hungry stare. Beck did not return his ‘good natured’ spirit, and growled, just like a husky wolf (also found in one of my many tutor’s teaching chips). Animal like, and vicious, Beck stepped up beside me.
“We should leave Claire. Astern will be wondering where you’ve run off too. And you don’t want to miss your walk on Lillie Belle.” I smiled, and almost grabbed his outstretched hand, but Lukas picked up a book, flipped through its pages absent mindedly, and then chunked the thick volume at Beck’s head. He dodged it.
“You little…” Beck lunged at Lukas, his face twisted into a million different emotions. I screamed, and somewhere, I heard Lukas laugh.

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Wings :3   Butterfly Wings :3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Butterfly Wings :3
Page 1 of 1