Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rainy

Rainy

Characters : Heatherpaw
Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 5137

Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3) Empty
PostSubject: Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3)   Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3) EmptySat 2 Apr 2011 - 14:26

So, last year, in my LArts class, we worked hard on writing, since we would have to take the state writing test at the end of the year (which I also got a perfect score on). Every other month, we would write an essay, have it graded, and then work on making our writing better. My teacher always gave us 3-5 choices for an essay topic, and for our persuasive essay, one of the prompts was: "I am looking to buy a new book to read. Write a multiple paragraph essay persuading me to buy and read your favorite book (or series of books)." This was shortly after I had read the Percy Jackson series (and when I was writing my story), so you can prolly guess what I did (: And I got a PERFECT SCORE on my essay!!! She said that she seriously almost went out and bought the whole series :D So here it is:

You’re sprinting down a crowded street, racing your best friends. Each of you has a sword made of celestial bronze in hand. Behind you roars a hydra, a dragon-like beast with eight heads. Suddenly, one of your friends stumbles and falls. You can’t leave him to be killed mercilessly, so you turn to face the monster, your weapon held aloft. The series “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” is like this close to every chapter. Each book is filled to the brim with Greek mythology and is action-packed.

Greek mythology is perhaps the most intriguing historic subject to study. Percy Jackson is the only popular fiction series to be based upon this magnificent object of study. There are mythical creatures to be slain at every corner. The first monster is Mrs. Dodds, who happens to be one of three creatures known as the Furies. Other beasts include the legendary Minotaur, powerful centaurs, and gentle weapon-making Cyclops. Yet Percy and Annabeth would not exist without the gods and goddesses of Ancient Greece. Percy is a son of Poseidon, so therefore, he can perform special tricks with water. Other gods and goddesses dealt with throughout the series are Zeus, Athena, Hades, and Artemis. You can’t resist* the mythology brought to life in these books.

There are innumerable books and films that seem to have action every second, but they aren’t nearly as battle-worn as the Percy Jackson series. From the very first chapter of “The Lightning Thief”, Percy and his friends Grover and Annabeth* are either hiding from or chasing after monsters and gods. Each year, Percy or Annabeth is called on a dangerous quest. They visit, and almost destroy, several national monuments such as the Hoover Dam and the Smithsonian Air and Space Center. After the battle against the Titans, New York City is on the brink of destruction. Astonishingly, Percy himself never dies, though at points it seems he should have. There are numerous occasions where it seems impossible to set any book of the series down.

As you turn, you swing your blade blindly, embedding it in the hydra’s chest. It yells loudly, and is soon merely a pile of dust at your feet. Percy Jackson and the Olympians may seem popular only because it’s a movie, but the books are what started it all. The Greek mythology fits with the action like two puzzle pieces. Percy Jackson is the most magical book series in history.

* Some content changed because it sounds lame

Give me feedback (: I'd like to know what you think
Back to top Go down
Tigs

Tigs

Number of posts : 5142

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3)   Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3) EmptySat 2 Apr 2011 - 14:29

OMGlee! :D

/steals for future school report

Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Characters : Bramblekit
Clan/Rank : Windclan kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 6644

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3)   Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3) EmptySat 2 Apr 2011 - 14:54

ohmegosh that is amazing!!!! if only I could write essays like that.... o.o
Back to top Go down
Winterslash

Winterslash

Pisces Pig
Number of posts : 604

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3)   Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3) EmptySat 2 Apr 2011 - 15:20

Purrfect essay dude :3
Back to top Go down
Swifty

Swifty

Clan/Rank : Windclan Leader~Shadowclan Apprentice~Windclan Warrior
Capricorn Buffalo
Number of posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3)   Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3) EmptySat 2 Apr 2011 - 16:39

That was epical .3.

First Life: Swiftstar, Windclan leader.
Second Life: Moonsoul (Moonpaw, he died before he became a warrior.)
Third Life: Silverthorn

Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3) DeQnfPerfect Essay (I'm so proud x3) UTs4ePerfect Essay (I'm so proud x3) CmOB3Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3) L5Bv6

I
AM
Swuftuffleuffpuffleamooluffleacus

Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3) Swufty

Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3) 18
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3)   Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3) Empty

Back to top Go down

Perfect Essay (I'm so proud x3)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Artwork & Literature-
Jump to: