Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Serenity Falls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptySun 27 Mar 2011 - 17:00

Prologue

Serenity Falls stood amongst chaos. it\'s world started to fall apart. Wars happened between the sections of the world and the Gods did not lift a finger. All except Tarquin, who had ordered the gods to stay out of the affairs of the Serenities. He had forced the fighting onto the sections. The only thing that escaped his power was the Middle of Peace, which had been created by his mother, Adelpha, the goddess of serenity itself. As the fighting continued the queen of the gods, Aria, became more and more edgy. For with all the fighting no one could love and it dwindled her power drastically. Keeping her confined to her chambers within her royal palace in the clouds, for she is growing ever so ill from the decrease in power. Ondine, the water goddess, had enough of the fighting and decided she would make a child. One that could stop Tarquin from destroying the world her father had once helped create. And so with the help of her husband, Ardere, god of fire, they made a beautiful baby girl with hair of silver and eyes of a soft ocean blue and a fiery red. Tarquin got word of their new daughter and sent his brother Nero, god of air, to collect her. But before it could be done Ondine begged Ardere to take the child and hide her. Ardere could not say no to his beautiful wife and took the child to a world his distant cousins had made. Upon arriving through the portal he found Zeus and begged him and his wife to find a home for his newborn daughter. Zeus swore he would and at that moment it as foretold that the girl was to come back to Serenity Falls on her fifteenth year of life. She was named after Ondine’s mother, Lunali, goddess of the moon. The problem was no one knew what the girl would do when she came back to Serenity Falls. Would she help her mother or side with her uncle?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptySun 27 Mar 2011 - 17:02

What Is Going On!

I faced a pair of striking blue eyes as they stared back at my mixed matched blue and red. “Why are your eyes funny colors,” my little sister, Megan, asked me, for the third time this week I might add. Sighing my usual annoyed sigh I responded the same thing I usually say, “I don’t know.” Shocking. Right? She sucked on a grape Dum-Dum sucker loudly. Trying to annoy me I presume. “How can you not know though?” she pressed on. I rolled my eyes, “Because I don’t know!” I raised my voice.
We are sitting at the kitchen table. My mother, making us our usual breakfast, was talking about her usual obsession for Greek Mythology, the same obsession she shares with my father. Their names are Denis and Hilda Star. I tried to get into it when I was younger but found it was just about a bunch of people that liked their family a little too much. Megan is all for it though. I guess along with her blue eyes she also shares the family brain with my parents. And I get stuck with silver hair and blue and red eyes that people can’t stop staring at. Great. I always feel like the black sheep of my family. I just wish I was average like Megan. Maybe then I could find some people that won’t look at me like I’m a goddess. I rolled my eyes once more as Megan started to talk about Zeus, her favorite god out of them all.
I sighed once more. “How could you like a guy that cheats on his wife every chance he gets?” I asked. Megan gave me one of her sad looks. You know the ones little kids get when they are about to bawl their little eyes out and get you in trouble? Well tick tock. The tears came. Just like clockwork, my mom got that, “You better apologize and make her stop crying,” look. I rolled my eyes but said nothing. Megan tried her best to wipe the snot that gathered on her upper lip. Mom handed her a tissue and got the comforting voice kicked in. “Awe. Honey. Lunali didn’t mean it. She was just trying to voice her opinion.” Yeah. That’s exactly what I was trying to do. Megan inhaled all the snot that clogged her nose and gave mom the, “OKAY,” smile.
Before my mom continued on with her cooking she did the one thing that she knows I hate. She started talking about Megan’s favorite goddess. The one. The only stuck up goddess that makes me want to tear my hair out. Aphrodite. Once you get Megan going on this she’ll never stop. And my mother knows this. So for the next half hour I must listen to Megan go on about how pretty and nice Aphrodite is. Ugh! I swear why she was conjured up, I will never know. All I really know is my birthday is coming up. And I will finally be fifteen. Now I just have to wait until October thirty-first, which is tomorrow.
I got out of my dad’s midnight blue minivan. Yes that’s right. DAD’S MINIVAN! My mom, I think, is the cooler one. At least she has a car that I want to be seen in. Her’s is a red 2009 Nissan. But of course she can never drive us to school because she has “work” to do. This really means she’s shut up in her study creating a “factual” book on Greek Mythology, because the world never seems to have enough. I slammed the van’s door shut so it was completely shut, it never really closes unless you put in that little bit of effort. Megan walked beside me until dad pulled away and she noticed one of her little friends standing by the twisty slide. I slung my backpack to my other shoulder; not taking noticed I just got ditched by a twelve year old. The high school and the middle school were right next to each other. Why this is? I don’t know but it’s pretty convenient for the parents so they won’t have to drive to two different schools. I passed the front of the middle school, it\'s giant sign read, FRANKLIN MIDDLE SCHOOL. Lucky kids. At least the guy they named the school after existed. As I crossed the street I ignored my school’s sign which read, ZEUS HIGH SCHOOL. It used to be called Jefferson High but my parents got involved when someone asked for a name change. Don’t ask me why they wanted it changed because I barely know myself. I think someone claimed it was gang related or something.
Anyway. I started walking toward the double doors to get in the school when some kid rammed into my right shoulder. I reached out and grabbed the back of his book bag and yanked so he fell on his butt. “HEY! What was that for!” he yelled at me. His eyes were closed because he was wincing from the pain in his bottom.
I glared. “You rammed into me you jerk!” I yelled right on back, “The least you could do is apologize!” Anger cleared from my vision and I got a clear view of the boy that was staring right back at me. He had cold, gray eyes and jet black hair that was in between short and long, bangs covered one of his eyes. His skin was as pale as death. He had on an Alesana band tee and baggy black pants. I think he noticed my eyes because his eyes widened with shock. “L-lunali?” he asked. I swear when he said my name my eyes went as wide as apples. Two oddly colored apples but apples just the same. “How do you know my name, Syverth?” Then my eyes went to watermelons and my hands flew to my mouth. “How do I know your name?!” I asked, clearly freaking out at this point. Lightning flashed and thunder boomed before he could answer me. He looked at the sky coldly and muttered under his breath. “It’s not my fault I found her.” He started walking into the doorway. I rushed to catch up but he had disappeared. “What the heck is going on!” I mumbled loudly before starting my school day.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptySun 27 Mar 2011 - 17:04

Asking Dad

Rain started to pour the rest of the day but finally cleared up when I stepped outside. Great, another weird thing to happen today. I crossed the street to Megan’s school where Dad’s van waited. I got into the first row of seats. “Hey Dad.” I said before launching my bag in the backseat.
“Hey.” He said back. His mind seemed to be somewhere else.
“DAAAAAD!” I yelled a little louder.
“What is it hun?” he asked.
“What’s up with you today? You seem… lost or something.” I told him. He sighed. “It’s nothing. Just seems like Zeus is pretty angry today.” I rolled my eyes. “Really Dad? He doesn’t exist!” I argued, “He’s just some guy the Greeks had made up so that they had a reason for natural occurrences.” Then he did something I’ve never known for him to do. He punched the side of his van door, making a dent. “Lunali! He is real! And tomorrow at exactly noon he’s taking you from us.” My jaw literally dropped to the ground. “W-what are you talking about Da-,“ he cut me off. “I’m not your dad!” I lost it then. I grabbed my bag and opened the door. I leaped out of the van and slammed the door, not to secure it shut, but because of the anger that boiled deep within me. My so called father called me back but I wouldn’t look back. I raced off before Megan even got out of the school, for she was standing in the doorway. She tried to follow me but my dad was quick he grabbed her arm and told her no. I had to blow off some steam.
After the long walk I ended up at the park on the other side of town. I sat on the merry-go-‘round, though I wasn’t feeling so merry. “Why did he say that to me?” I asked myself aloud. Suddenly a breeze picked up and my hair wisped through the wind. Syverth was in front of me. “He said it because he really isn’t your father.” He told me. I pulled my legs up and turned from him. He started to push the merry-go-‘round. “What do you mean? Of course he is. I’ve lived with him all my life.” Syverth laughed. “Wow. You know. I thought you would have figured it out by now. I mean. Your eyes don’t match theirs. Your hair is somewhat magical.” At that point I blushed. He stopped and made me face him. “I don’t like you ya know?” I glared. He laughed. “I can’t like you. I mean I’m not like our whole family. How do you call the Greeks? A bunch of people that like their family too much?” I chimed in at this point. “But we aren’t family!” He grinned, “Oh yes we are sister. Now hurry up and turn fifteen so you can join the rest of our family to their doom.” Then he was gone as quickly as he’d come. I gulped. “What the heck is wrong with me?”
My fake mom finally found me and coaxed me into the car after an hour of sitting alone on the merry-go-‘round. She started to tell me about the day they got me.
“Well… It was a cold night. I and Denis were discussing about whether or not Athena could beat Poseidon at rock; paper; scissors. He said Poseidon and I said Athena. Anyway, getting off track, our doorbell rang and I answered it. And there he was, Zeus, holding the most beautiful basket I could have ever seen. I was pretty sure Athena wove it herself. He thrust it into my hands. ‘Please miss. You must take her and protect her at all costs until her fifteenth birthday.’ He had said to me. Denis came at that point and nearly fainted. I took it all very well. There was a red and blue blanket covering you at the time and when I lifted it all the air was sucked from my body. You were the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. I looked back up at Zeus. He looked sad to give you up.
“’Is she yours?’ I had asked him. He looked up at me and told me no, that you were his cousin’s. It confused me at the time so I hadn’t yet figured out whose baby you were. Still don’t know really. So I’ll wait until tomorrow when they come for you.” She had tears in her eyes at this point. I sighed but said nothing. “I almost can’t bear to give you up but I promised I would take care of you until you were fifteen and here you are. Almost at that age.” She wiped away a tear and pulled into the driveway. I got out of the Nissan and walked over to her, and just as she got out I pulled her into a hug. “I’m sorry that I don’t have much time left with you guys.” I whispered before letting her go. I turned away before I started to cry and went into the house, and up to my room.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptySun 27 Mar 2011 - 17:08

Birthday with Gods

I awoke from my sleep to find a beautiful lady’s face in mine. I jumped back, hitting my head against the wall super hard. “What the-“ now I got a good look at her. “WHY ARE YOU HERE!” I screamed. My worst nightmare stood across from me. Aphrodite.
She gave me that stupid preppy pouty look. “What’s that supposed to mean?” I glared back at her. “Okay. I’m going to say this as clearly as I can.” I answered, “I. Don’t. Like. You.” She humphed and turned her back to me. Her golden hair spilled down her back. She wore a long, white robe that had a tint of pink in it. She turned back to face me. “And they say you are prettier than me.” She reached out a grabbed a lock of my hair. She let it go in disgust. “Your hair is a rat’s nest. Your clothes are wrinkly and ugly. Eyes don’t match at all! I just can’t see it.” Great. A goddess that controls love is out to get me. Great birthday present. Now I know I’m never going to get a boyfriend. She glared at me. “I hate you.”
My response, “Good. Now that we cleared that up. I’m going to go get breakfast.” I climbed out of bed, and just to be a jerk I walked past her and bumped her shoulder. Yeah. That’s right. I’m bad. Aphrodite followed me anyway and started going on about how my manners were horrible. I got down the stairs and regretted it. For there. Sitting at the kitchen table was Megan. “Oh god-“ my sentence was cut out by a shrill scream. “OH MY GOODNESS! IT’S APHRODITE!” Megan screamed. Aphrodite was taken by surprise when she fell to the ground by a miniature tackle hug. Megan was talking a mile a minute about how she worshiped and loved her. I shook my head. “Don’t say that. You’ll make her head even bigger.” And in unison they both glared at me. I rolled my eyes. “Megan if you want her, take her. She’s just going to give me a headache.” Megan screeched even louder. “YAY! THANK YOU LUNALI!”
I ignored the two girls and got a bowl down from the cabinet. I grabbed the box of Lucky Charms and poured it into my bowl. Grabbing the milk I noticed a shadow in the living room. I walked over and nearly dropped the jug. “W-why are you here!?” I yelled. For Hades was sitting on my couch.
He laughed, but it turned into a cough. “I’m here to make sure you make it home alright. Trust me girl it’s no picnic for me either. I lost a card game to Zeus and we made a deal that I had to pick you up.” I stood there. Words started to form in my head. “THEN WHY DID YOU BRING HER!” I gestured toward Aphrodite, who was walking toward us. He rolled his eyes. “She wanted to come because Apollo said you were hotter than her.” I ignored the pun, but blushed. “So yeah. Let’s get going.” He made an attempt to grab my arm but I jerked back. “I’m not going with you until I get answers. And my Lucky Charms.” I walked away and finished pouring milk into my bowl.
Hades had followed me in. “We don’t have time for your dumb questions. Besides. Aphrodite is here for another reason too. She is supposed to get you ready.” He looked at the big, pink suitcase by the back door. I could’ve sworn he shivered. ‘I feel bad for you.’ He mouthed.
“Ready for what?” I asked, my mouth full of cereal. He ignored me and picked up the box of Lucky Charms. He poured some into his hand. “Hey Aphrodite. Did you ever notice that these grain pieces look like cat food?” Aphrodite gracefully walked to his side. “Really? Never took any notice in… Carbs.” I rolled my eyes at her. She ignored that. “Hurry up you dumb girl! We have to hurry up if we want to get to Mt. Olympus.”
I dropped my spoon and it made a small splash. “I am not going there. I’m not leaving here. And you guys can’t make me!” I crossed my arms across my chest. “And they call me a drama queen.” Aphrodite muttered. I almost gave her the finger but I settled with a glare. Then I realized something. “Where’s Megan?” Aphrodite smiled. “She’s around.”
I banged on the table. “WHERE IS SHE!?” Aphrodite cowered behind Hades. “She’s in her room sleeping!” I ran up to Megan’s room and opened the door to find her asleep. I let out a sigh of relief. Aphrodite was behind me. “Now let’s get you ready.” She led me to the bathroom and shut the door. She rolled her eyes. “I don’t care if you don’t care. I’m staying here so you don’t escape. NOW TAKE OF YOUR CLOTHES AND GET IN THE BATH!” she screamed at me. My body shivered in fear. “C-could you at least turn around…?” She let out an exasperated sigh and turned. I turned on the bath. “Why do I need to take a bath?” I asked.
She turned back around. “BECAUSE YOU DO!” She turned away and I shrugged off my clothes. ‘I really hope this doesn’t make me a lesbian.’ I thought to myself. I got in the hot bath and sat down. I laid my head back and got my hair wet. Turning off the faucet, I shivered from vulnerability. Aphrodite came closer towards me and pulled a bottle from her bag. I shrugged closer to the wall. “Get away from me.” Her cold hand grasped my naked arm and she opened the bottle with her teeth. She poured the pink liquid into my drenched hair. It smelled like roses and strawberries. “Why are you putting this in my hair?” I asked. She smiled. “It makes your hair silky smooth like mine and Apollo suggested this smelling one because he thought it’d fit you." I rolled my eyes but blushed nonetheless. She rubbed it deeper into my scalp and ordered me to dunk or she’d do it for me. I chewed on the inside of my cheek but dunked my head into the water. It made the water soapy and covered my naked body a little better. I let out a sigh. She handed me a soap bar and a loofa. I rubbed the bar all over it then rubbed my body. Then all the soap came off and Aphrodite commanded me out so she could wax my legs. I groaned and made her turn around again. I got out and grabbed a baby blue towel out of the rack and wrapped it around my body. Aphrodite pulled out the waxing paper and set to work.
“OW!” I screeched in pain.
“Shut up you big baby. This is the last one.” She ripped off the paper, which I could have sworn was taking my skin with it. I sucked in and looked at my red skin. ‘Why do people do this to themselves?’ My skin was silky smooth, much like my hair, but it felt naked, much like how I felt. She thrust a pink dress into my hands. “Get changed.” That was the last straw. “Oh heck no I am not wearing this.” But of course. I lost to the goddess of love. After dressing I found myself in a hot pink dress with ruffles on it. “Oh god what have I gotten myself into.” Suddenly Syverth was by my side. “YIKES! I didn’t think she would torture you this way!” he commented before snapping his fingers. Then the pink, ruffle dress changed into a straight, silky, black gown with matching gloves that went up past my elbows. I threw my arms around his neck. “THANK YOU!” Then I looked down at my pink shoes that were supposed to match my dress. “Um… could you…?” I asked looking at him. He snapped his fingers and they changed to black flats. “Alright. You look good enough to meet the gods. Good luck.” He disappeared. I sighed. ‘Why does he just leave like that?’ I walked into the hallway to an awaiting Aphrodite. Her eyes bugged out. She, for once, was at a loss for words. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself. My hair shined brightly as well did my eyes. I sighed. This wasn’t me at all. I looked over and saw the black ribbon my mother had put in my hair a while back. I braided my hair down my back and tied the ribbon at the bottom.
I walked out and looked at Aphrodite. “I guess I’m ready.” I wondered where my parents were. I looked at the clock. “11:49. Well looks like we are early.” I said. Aphrodite took me by the hand and walked me down the stairs where we met Hades. “Whoa girly! If I weren’t married…” He said. I rolled my eyes. “You’d still cheat on her anyway.” He glared at me but only said, “Let’s get going.” Suddenly a bright flash of light and I found myself in front of all the gods in Greek Mythology. “Uh… Hi?” I said nervously.
Athena walked over to me. “Do we really have to give her up? She’d make a fine daughter to me.” Artemis stepped up beside her. “No me. She has my hair.” The gods started to bicker until Zeus thundered loudly, “Shut up! We cannot keep her. She is not of this world anyway. Besides, if we let a prophecy go unfulfilled we will be cursed.” The goddesses stepped away from me and went back amongst their people. I sighed from relief. Zeus walked over. “Are you ready to meet your parents?” he asked me. I could only nod slightly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptySun 27 Mar 2011 - 17:11

A Dire Family Reunion

Zeus started walking away and I moved to follow. Someone grabbed my hand and pulled me back. “Don’t.” they whispered in my ear. I looked over to see Syverth. His eyes were gleaming with anticipation. I looked back to where Zeus had gone but found two figures in his place. A woman with waves for hair and her eyes matched my blue one. She had a blue layered dress, the first layer was glittered up but the second layer was plain. The man that was standing there had hair of copper orange and red eyes, like my one eye. He had combat boots on and leather pants with buckles going up and down them. He had an orange leather shirt to match. The woman had tears in her eyes. She ran forward and took Syverth into her arms. “I thought you were gone forever!” she breathed happily.
Syverth struggled out of her grip. “Hades taught me how to get out of Wedibedd.” He smiled. “I’m the new god of Death.”
“I’m so proud of you! But how…?” She asked.
He gave her a signal that he’d tell her later. She nodded and looked at me. “Lunali… I’m so happy to see you finally. I only got to hold you before Ardere took you to this world.” Her smile warmed me inside. I looked over at the man who stood a ways away. “Ardere, honey. Come greet your children.” The man stepped beside his wife. He studied Syverth and I very carefully. He suddenly took us both into his arms and squeezed. I let out a cough and he let go suddenly. I fell to my knees and coughed a little more. “I’m so sorry! I forgot you are still mortal!” his gruff voice said. ‘Still mortal?’ I thought to myself before getting back to my feet. Ondine walked over to Zeus and bowed. “Thank you for taking care of her.” She turned her back and walked back toward us. “Ready?” she asked Syverth and I. Syverth nodded immediately and I kind of hesitated.
“Must I leave my home?” I asked. Ondine gave a sympathetic smile.
“Lunali. This was never your home to begin with.” She told me. I sighed but nodded. “Alright. Let’s go.” We walked over to a purple portal I never noticed and Syverth walked through first. Ondine went after him. Ardere gestured for me next and I went.
I walked into a purple tinted room. There were two doors. They both looked the same except they had two different symbols on them. The left one had an X with some sort of tail on the bottom right leg. The right had an A with spikes running down the left leg. “I hate puzzles.” I said aloud. By then I was wondering where Ardere, Syverth, and Ondine were. Why weren’t they there with me? I decided the only way to know was to choose a door. Suddenly a man with black hair like Syverth’s and gray eyes stood beside me. “Pick the right door. It’ll take you to Serenity Falls.” I gave him a suspicious glance. He didn’t seem to be the kind to help me. I racked my brain on what to do and decided to go with what he said. I walked up to the right door and opened it. I looked into it before I felt hands on my back push me. The door shut behind me.
After a few minutes of floating in darkness I found a light that seemed to be in front of me. It got bigger as I floated closer until I was through. I fell to the ground and winced as pain shot up my arm. I chewed on the inside of my cheek, when I looked up to see battling going on. Ondine, Ardere, and Syverth were fighting two other figures. I attempted to get back to my feet but fell from pain in my arm. ‘I think I broke my arm.’ I thought to myself. I winced as I got to my knees with one arm. The fight seemed to get worse by the second. Elements whirled around. A hand grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me to my feet. I looked up to see the same guy from the portal. My arm screamed in agony as his grip tightened around my boney arm. I attempted to slip out of the grasp. A small whimper slipped from my trembling lips. Ondine looked around at me. Water splashed around her. If I wasn't in such pain I would have admired the beauty. But his hand was still around my arm and my bone felt like it was about to crack. I attempted one more time to release his grasp. This time though, I used one of the most girliest things ever, my nails. I clawed at his hand with my free arm and he looked as if he was about to backhand me by the way his arm was angled. But, to my relief, Syverth gripped his arm. He brought the man's hand behind his back to the point where the joint would have given out. The man struggled with my brother and let me go. I sprung away and found my body in Ardere's arms. I looked up at his face. I could see the fatherly worry in his eyes, but the rest of his face was stone. I looked around him to see two bodies on the ground. They were both girls, except one was more womanly than the other. The man that had grabbed me was striding kind of fast toward them. Syverth walked up to Ardere and I.
"We better get out of here." Syverth said, "They are going to be mad once they wake up." Ondine came up to us. Syverth turned to her. "Mother... We need to give her, her powers."
Ondine shook her head. "No. She's not ready. We must train her with weapons before she can take on the responsibility of powers."
I stopped listening after that, not because they were calling me irresponsible, I didn't really care for that, I wasn't ready for powers and I knew it. I stopped listening because my ears stopped working. I think my brain was in shock. Soon after my vision blurred. I felt myself get picked up and carried before I blacked out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptySun 27 Mar 2011 - 17:22

Training

When I came to I noticed I was in a newer surrounding. The room was sort of big. Well bigger than my old room. The bed I was laying on was one of those really old fourposter beds. It was queen sized. The sheets were a crisp pale blue in silk satin. Like on that old chocolate commercial with the lady feeling up the chocolate brown sheets and the narrator guy saying eating the chocolate would feel like that. Anyway. The room followed a pattern of pale blues and purples. I didn't mind. It could be worse. Everything could be pink. I got out of the bed and walked over to the closest window. In the horizon I could find only smoke patches.
A hand gently laid on my shoulder. I looked up to find Ondine staring out the window with me. "Heartbreaking isn't it?" she said, "To know that for every fire, someone dies." My eyes widened and I looked back at the window to count the smoke patches. 1... 2... 3... I started. I ended up counting twenty-two.
"Why do you need me?" I asked, "Why couldn't I just stay in my world."
Ondine stared at me sharply, "This is your world. You were born here! And you will save this place."
I looked down, anger grew within my chest until I could not contain it. "And what if I don't want to!"
Ondine's eyes filled with hurt and she left the room as quickly as she'd come. I felt my anger changed to regret. "Why do they need me?" I thought aloud.
"Because it was prophecized that you would either save this world or break it apart." a voice said. I turned around to see Syverth. "And by the way you are acting, this world will break in a heartbeat."
I looked down at my feet. "I'm a horrible person." Syverth crossed the room over to me and tilted my face to look at him. "You aren't. Our uncle is. You are just confused. It is a natural reaction to lash out. You are only human." He paused a moment. "For now."
I sighed. "So... I heard there was going to be training?"
Syverth smiled. "Yes. And you need to be there right now." I nodded and followed him, "But first. We need you to change out of that dress." I looked down, not realizing I was still in it. Syverth was on it though. He handed me a cotton blue shirt and black, tight fit looking pants. He pointed towards a door. I walked towards it and opened the door to reveal a comfortable looking bathroom. I shut the door and began taking off the black dress.
After we left my room Syverth led me down many hallways and stairwells until we finally got to a huge metal door. It swung open when Syverth knocked on it. He led me in, and I witnessed Ondine's fighting skills. Her opponent was quite good. I could only tell he was a male because his back was to me. I watched carefully as Ondine's sword sliced through the air but was countered by the man's. It jolted back at her, but her strength kept it from slicing into her body. The man came back at her with his black and gold sword. I gasped excitedly as she gracefully lept out of it\'s path. Is this how I'm going to be when I'm older? I thought. Ondine smiled when she found I had come. I guess she forgave me for earlier. The man stopped coming towards her and turned to reveal a strikingly good looking boy. I turned my attention away from him and back to... my mother? I guess I should be calling her that and not by her first name. Anyway. She had crossed the room and stood in front of me. "You look lovely in that outfit." I gave her a shy smile but didn't say anything. "Alright. So Vhen here is going to teach you the way of the sword. Please listen to him and try to at least have fun." And with that she walked off. Leaving me with the hot new guy.
So after the awkward silence my mom left me with the boy tossed me a wooden sword. I gave him a strange look apparently because he started to explain. "You aren't ready for sharp metal because you have no training. Working with a wooden one will make sure you don't get yourself cut." I nodded blankly and looked down at the sword. A name was carved into it. Syverth. I smiled to myself. "Alright. Now I'll teach you how to hold it." He got behind me and guided my hands into the right possession to hold the sword. My skin tingled from where he touched it. His hands were freezing. But I guess that's what you can expect from touching metal all day. I looked up at him. His face showed barely any emotion except for determination. My question was why it showed? Because he was determined to teach me? Or something else? I shook my head and sort of shrugged his arms off.
"I know what to do." I said, an annoyed tone poked it\'s way in.
His face showed hurt for a second before removing any emotion. "So be it. Then come at me." I think he could see the shocked look on my face but I refused to let him have the satisfaction of it. I guess they didn't know. When I was nine, my fake mother signed me up for fencing. I had been in it for about four years until I finally got bored of it. I smiled and did as he told me. I lunged. Now he was the one with shock on his face. He pressed my wooden blade with his, adding pressure to knock my blade aside, but it didn't work. After a few seconds he gave up and backed out. I took my chance and lunged once more but he had gotten smart and parried it away. I backed up before he could return another attack. He stopped and looked at me. "Well you are pretty good, where did you learn how to work with a blade?"
I smiled. "A mortal sport called fencing."
He nodded but I guess he didn't understand, he had a very confused look on his face. "Well then. Maybe tomorrow we can work with a real blade."
"Tomorrow?" I asked. I didn't understand why we couldn't do it now, until I saw Syverth at the other end of the room. "Oh..." I sighed and walked over to him.
"Well. You are doing really well." Syverth said when I finally reached him. I nodded but didn't say anything. I was still getting over the fact that my brother was incredibly hot.
"How old are you?" I blurted out. I hadn't even realized I was thinking about it.
He thought a moment. "I'm... nineteen?"
I titled my head. "Question mark?"
He nodded. "Well my body is nineteen but I think I'm like... twenty-five. Time stops when you are stuck in Wedibedd."
"Where?" I asked, my mind pulling a total blank at the fact that he was ten years older than me. Then how old is Ondine and Ardere because they only look twenty one...
"It's this world's underworld. It used to be total chaos until I finally fixed most of it." I only nodded, so he wouldn't realize I wasn't listening anymore. If he's god of death then... what will I be goddess of? Because according to everyone else I will no longer be mortal. "Anyway. We must be going. You have people to meet."
"Like who?" I asked.
"Everyone." He replied and walked out the door, expecting me to follow.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptySun 27 Mar 2011 - 17:24

Unusual Meeting

I didn't understand what he ment by everyone at first. Until, that is, he started to introduce me to random servants. The first person was his personal servant. Madeline. She blushed a lot when he talked to her. Has he... done stuff with her? I wondered. She didn't seem to like me very much though. I looked over at Syverth. He seemed to show no emotion around her. He was, reserved? Maybe something did happen between them. Why should you even care? Stop thinking about it! My mind screamed at me. I sighed and Syverth looked at me. He gave me a small smile and looked back at Madeline. "We must be going now. Goodbye." She seemed to want more from him than just a goodbye because she looked sad when he just turned away and started walking. I gave her a small bow before I raced off to catch him.
"So she's like your girlfriend?" I asked.
He looked at me. "No. I do not like anyone at the moment. She is just a servant."
"So what happened between you two?" I pressed.
He spun on me. "Nothing! Now just let it go!" I must've had a hurt expression on my face because he sighed and looked down. "I'm sorry."
I shook my head. "No. It's fine. It was my fault."
He didn't object. "Well we still have more people to meet."
I nodded. "Who else?"
"Well... There is your personal servant. You get to pick who it is though." He told me.
I shook my head, "I don't really need one. I can take care of myself."
Syverth laughed, "Yeah. Right. That's a good one."
I frowned. "Fine! Just show me the candidates!"
He laughed and kept walking. I followed him angrily.
After about five minutes of walking through a ridiculous maze of hallways we finally got to the servants quarters. "Alright! All the candidates for Miss Lunali's servant step up." About four boys stepped forward. "Mother picked them out herself." Of course she did... I thought. I looked at the boys. One of them had... cat ears! I looked at Syverth and back at the boys. I felt a sudden urge to get to know this boy. He was so mysterious to me. He had red eyes and dark brown hair.
I whispered to Syverth,"I want him," gesturing toward the boy with the cat ears.
Syverth nodded and he told the other boys to go. "I must get going sister. I have important things to do. Tresin will take you back to your room." And at that. He left me with the hybrid.
I stared at Tresin. "Can I touch your ears?" I blurted out. He closed his eyes and sighed, bending down so his ears were at my level. I reached out and touched one of them. It flicked back and I retreated. "I'm sorry!"
He straightened himself out. He was at least a head taller than I. "It's fine Miss. Would you like to go back to your room now?"
I nodded. I realized I was still in my training outfit. "Thank you for letting me touch your ears. People probably ask that of you all the time."
He smiled. "No. Your the first."
"Really! I would think-" he cut me off though.
"Miss. People like me are more common here than in your world." He started walking. I followed as a natural reaction.
We soon got to my room. I opened the door and walked in. He followed me in, much to my surprise. "Um... Can you please help me pick something out?" I asked, embarrassed.
I could tell he was taken by surprise at the request but he didn't object. I went over to the dresser and opened up a drawer. All it had were dresses. I guess this is the only thing I'm allowed to wear now. I thought. "Which do you like?"
He thought a moment then pointed to a powder blue, silk dress. I pulled it out. It looked lovely. It really did but it seemed like it was missing something. I looked at him and it seemed like he new what was on my mind. He walked over to a closet I hadn't noticed before, and pulled out a long sleeved, white cape with the same powder blue silk on the inside. I smiled and politely took the cape from his hands. I walked over to the bathroom door and opened it. Then walked in to change out of my training gear.
I couldn't tie my dress in the back by myself so I asked Tresin to help me. His hands were quick and soft when they touched my back, it made my skin tingle. When he finished he put the cape over my shoulders. I slowly put my arms through the right holes and tied the front together. The cape's sleeves when past my hands and covered them. Tresin coughed softy and I turned to face him. "You look nice." I smiled and put up the hood on the cape. It wasn't much of a hoodie but it was warm.
I turned away and looked in the bathroom mirror. "Tresin, do you think I can save this world." I could see his face in the mirror. He looked uncomfortable.
"Well Miss, I really don't know. I'm sorry but you don't seem to really care much about Serenity Falls." He said.
I think that was the first time I was told the name of this world. "Oh. Well thanks for being honest. Maybe if they had hidden me in this world instead of taking me to the Greek Gods." He didn't say anything after that so I decided to talk again. "Can we go outside?" He thought a moment, mauling over the question before nodding and walking out of the room, with me at his heels.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptySun 27 Mar 2011 - 17:28

Unexpected Story Time

We got outside and it was actually pretty nice. Well except for the fires off into the distance. I resisted counting the smoke piles and watched the ground. We were somewhere in the mountains. I couldn't take my eyes off Tresin. "Tresin, how old are you?" I asked.
"I am immortal Milady. I don't really keep track of the age you do. But my appearance would be seventeen." He replied. Is everyone older than me? I thought.
"Is everyone immortal here?" I asked.
He shook his head. "No. Only the ones that can stand to be alone forever are immortal."
"What do you mean by alone? Not having anyone to love or something?" I pressed.
He sighed. "Not having anyone you can be emotionally attached to is more like it. You also need to be able to leave that person to die while you never age. But that's only if you found someone you "love"."
"Wait. You can never take back your immortality?"
He shook his head again. "Nope. The only way to die is to be killed in battle."
"Why did you become immortal then?" I asked. I could feel tears sting my eyes. I could never imagine watching everyone die while time stopped for me.
"Because, I promised someone I would protect them until they died." He replied. I could feel there was more to the story.
"So, I'm just guessing here, but she asked you to be immortal and protect her?"
He nodded. "Yes."
"What happened to her?"
"She died. She found someone that was like her and had a family with him. Then they were all murdered in their sleep by a hybrid, like me. All except one." He said.
"Wow. Who survived?" I asked softly. Taken aback by the story.
"My son." He said. I could feel my eyes widen. And he continued. "I got there in time to save him and avenge her."
"H-how old was he?" My voice came out quietly.
"About two." He said.
Wait! What?! "Wouldn't that mean she..." I started.
"Moonlighted with me while her husband was gone. Yes. She did. But her husband understood, after my son was born and he found he had ears like mine."
My head tilted. "What a whore." The word leaked out of my mouth before I could stop it. Suddenly his hands were around my throat. I struggled to breath and his hands tightened. His face came closer to mine. "Don't you ever say anything bad about her again! She was a good person, unlike what you will become!" He hissed. Then his hands let go of my neck and the air raced into my lungs. I fell to the ground and looked down at my lap, not wanting to see his angered face again.
A hand touched my arm. I looked up to see Tresin staring at me with worried eyes. "I-I'm so so sorry Milady. I still care deeply for her. And even though she only had feelings for me when she was lonely I still don't like people talking bad about her."
I stared back wordlessly. I think he was expecting me to say it was okay or I was sorry to but... I just couldn't. Five words played in my head over and over. Unlike what you will become. That hurt me deeply. It was like he knew I was going to betray everyone even though I didn't know myself. I got to my feet and before Tresin could do anything I ran straight towards the woods that were only a few yards away.
I could feel Tresin coming after me but I kept running. I swerved behind a tree and pressed my body against the trunk. I watched as Tresin barreled past. He didn't notice me or at least I don't think he did because he kept going. So much for cat-like smelling. I thought before going back the way I had come. I sighed. I felt bad for running away from Tresin but he hurt me so badly. I sat at the edge of the tree line when I got to the start of the forest. My back rested against a trunk. My eyes were closed and I could feel someone coming. I turned, hoping it was Tresin but it was the guy with black hair that had almost broke my arm. I hid into a nearby bush and waited for him to come out. I noticed a body in his arms. Tresin! No this is all my fault! I picked up a branch that was by my foot and darted after the man. I hit the stick over his head, and let me tell you, it was a pretty big stick. It broke over his head with a CRACK! He dropped Tresin and whirled on me. "Well there you are. I've been looking for you." I quickly backed up and tripped. I picked up a rock next to my hand and whipped it at him but I guess the wind took it because it missed him and went... sideways? Wait... He must be the god of wind or something! d*** it! How am I supposed to fight him! I thought a moment and cursed again. I couldn't fight him! I had no special abilities! I scrambled back and kicked at him as he came toward me. He grabbed my leg and bent it to the point where it was about to break but he let go so suddenly it took me a while to register Tresin had knocked him out with a pretty big boulder. I got to my feet and he came towards me but I backed up. I could see hurt flash in his eyes. "I'm sorry Milady. I hadn't ment to hurt you. I don't know what came over me to do that. Please accept my apology."
I thought a moment. "Okay but on one condition. You have to introduce me to your son, if he is still alive."
He nodded. "He became immortal as well. Though his body looks older than mine."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011 - 22:19

Conditioning
I couldn't tell the difference between the two. Except Tresin's son had very soft gray eyes. Also Tresin's son's body was nineteen. I put my hand out for him to shake but he only bowed. "It's nice to meet the Miss Lunali." His voice was a purr. I tilted my head but curtsied back. "It's lovely to meet you as well Sir...?" I said, not realizing, until it was too late, that I did not know his name.
"It's Pelitine." he told me. His voice sounded apathetic.
I gave a half smile. "I'm sorry. I should've asked your name first. I mean you already know mine..."
He cut me off with a wave of his hand. "It's quite alright Miss. You have not been in the world long enough to know everything."
I looked down at my feet. I felt like such a child in this world. I knew nothing of this world and it was coming back to bite me in the butt. Tresin's hand found itself on my shoulder. "Please don't worry too much about it Miss. It just causes stress and you won't be able to concentrate on anything." I nodded in understandment but said nothing. Tresin turned his back on me and looked at his son. "How have you been doing?" he asked.
Pelitine shrugged, "I've been alright. Ondine hasn't sent me out for battle yet so I'm just being patient." I had moved a bit to look at Tresin's face. What I saw was a flash of concern. I guess he is a good father. I wouldn't want my son going off to war either.
I looked at Pelitine. "Well maybe you can train with me sometime before you go. I'm pretty good with the sword." Pelitine's eyebrow raised and he looked at his father. Tresin shrugged back, I guess it was because he wasn't at my training so he didn't know what to tell his son. "It's true!" I backed up my previous sentence.
Pelitine nodded. "Well I might take you up on that offer. But it's getting late, you should be preparing for dinner." I hadn't realized that I was hungry until my stomach growled loudly. In an embarrassing attempt to quiet it down, I lost my balance and fell over a bit, only to have Tresin catch me. I looked up at him in surprise. I think I saw him redden but I wasn't sure because he quickly set me back to my feet. "Please be careful Miss." he said and started to walk away, I guess I was meant to follow.
I started to but turned back and curtsied to Pelitine. "I'll be waiting for that match." I smiled and turned back to follow Tresin.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011 - 22:21

Awkward Dining
Tresin took me back to my room and picked out my wardrobe because I had no idea what was expected of me. I sighed when I found I was to wear a pale pink dress. I rolled my eye and took the dress from Tresin. "Why?" I asked before shutting the bathroom door.
I heard Tresin laugh. The first time since I picked him. I smiled and started to put on the dress.
After I got out of the bathroom I noticed Tresin was staring out the window. "Why are you looking at the fires?" I asked. "I find it sad that-"
"I wasn't looking at the fires." He cut me off. I walked over to him and looked out the window. I then noticed something I hadn't the first time. Outside my window was a graveyard. I gaped. How could I miss this! Tresin sighed. "I visit her grave everyday and ask for forgiveness." Forgiveness? I wondered. I thought she was murdered by someone else. He didn't notice my confused expression so I shook it off.
"Shall we be going Tresin?" I asked, trying to get him away from his memories.
He looked at me with confused eyes then snapped out of it. "Of course Milady." And then led me to the dining room.
After we got there I was greeted by Ardere and Syverth. They sat in two chairs, spread apart from one another. Ardere was on the end and Syverth was in the 5th seat down from him. Tresin went to the seat across from Syverth and pulled out the chair, meaning for me to sit. I nodded and quickly sat down. Tresin pulled the seat back in and Syverth waved my servant away. "So. How do you like the castle?" Ardere spoke up.
I breathed in deep before telling them about my encounter with the black-haired man.
After I had finished Ardere cursed. "d*** that Nero. Always on the side of the stronger opponent." So that's his name. I though realizing I had no idea.
Syverth cleared is throat. "Father, maybe we should put up more guards around Lunali, one hybrid certainly won't cut it."
Anger rose in my body. And before I could contain it, I started to yell. "Tresin is a great servant and he is all I need! If you dare have anyone else follow me around like a dog I will not hesitate to go to the other side!" I clasped my hand around my mouth. I never realized I had such a temper.
Syverth closed his eyes, clearly annoyed. "Fine. Go. We really don't need you."
Tears welled up in my eyes and I turned away from them and ran out of the dining room. I could hear them yelling for me to come back but I ignored them. Without realizing it I found myself in front of a grave. I looked up and read the name, Annabelle. My eyes widened. Tresin's friend! Rage boiled in my body and I couldn't help but punch her tombstone, I heard a loud crack but felt no pain. "I bet everyone would rather have you in my place then me! From the way Tresin strangled me and basically told me I was worthless!" I cried violently and crawled into a little ball of pink in front of her grave. "I'm just going to end up killing this world. All those people shouldn't look up to me. I've never had such responsibility. I've never had to help save another life, not to mention a whole world! Tresin was right. I will become a horrid person." I looked back at Annabelle's grave marker. "I bet you would know what to do. You were probably much smarter than me. You had a whole family to take care of. You probably knew what it was like. To sacrifice everything for them." I cried. I went back into my little ball and my sobbing turned into silence. I had ended up crying myself to sleep.
I had woken up to blistering pain in my hand. Darkness had taken over. The moon was the only source of light, along with the stars. I sat up and my head pounded. I looked at my hand and noticed a bone sticking out of place. \"Shiznit\"... I thought to myself. I remembered the crack I heard when I threw that punch at the tombstone. I put a hand to my head and noticed it was quite warm, even in the cool night. The pounding ended after a while. I looked down at my dust and tear coated dress. It probably matched my face as well. I looked at the grave stone and tried to see if I left any dent in it from my punch. I found I had only left a small one in the already rough surfaced cross with a circle going around it. I laughed a bit. If only my parents could see me now, and it's only been a day! How was I going to survive the rest of my life? Then I remembered. I probably wasn't. I'll soon die and their stupid prophecy will come to rest. A plan hatched in my mind. If I run and stay neutral then I won't have to do anything. I should've slapped myself then. That would never work. I didn't even know how to get off this stupid mountain. Then I thought of Tresin. I couldn't leave him. I mean we only just met but, I've become attached to him. I rolled my eyes. He doesn't care about you! heck! He nearly killed you! My mind screamed at me. I couldn't argue. He probably didn't care. I mean, why would he? I bad mouthed the love of his life and managed to dent her gravestone in the period of what? Six hours? I shook my head. "What was Ondine thinking when she decided to have me?" I asked aloud.
"She was thinking that maybe, just maybe she could save the world she believed in." A voice said out loud.
I quickly turned my head, cracking my neck in the process. I winced and saw Tresin standing across from me, staring with spiteful eyes. "You have an important role in this world Milady. And you don't even realize it." he growled.
I tried to find my voice, which took a very painful minute. "I-I understand plenty. But this isn't what I was meant to do! I was meant to be in Earth. To live a normal life."
"How do you know what you were meant to do if you haven't even tried!" Tresin snapped back at me. "Annabelle was meant to have my son. She was meant to live a short life. She was meant to die brutally.And do you know why I know this? Because it's what happened."
I glared. "STOP COMPARING ME TO A DEAD GIRL! I'M NOT HER!" I turned away, then added softly, "I never will be. And neither will anybody else."
Tresin closed his eyes. Soaking in my words. "Your right Lunali. You won't. Nobody will. But that doesn't mean I will let her go."
I let out a exasperated breath. "Well you should! She's never coming back! Stop hurting yourself for a girl that just used you." I responded.
I flinched away, waiting for his hands to clasp around my throat for the second time. But all I heard was a sigh and a soft thud. I opened my eyes to see Tresin on his knees, head in his hands. "I don't want to believe she used me. I really don't. My head knows it, but my heart won't believe it." I gulped. I felt a wave of guilt pass through me. This was my fault. I should learn to control what I say!
"Tresin... Please don't be sad. Maybe she did truly love you the way you loved her." I reached out to him but he recoiled. I snatched my hand away before I could do anymore damage. He lifted his head to reveal a stream of tears on both of his flushed cheeks. My heart fell. "Tresin... I'm sorry! I didn't mean it. I'm just mad that everyone expects so much from me, then you compare me to this," I gestured to the grave, "girl and I just can't take it anymore!"
Tresin sighed. "I'm sorry. I compare all girls to her. All the ones that try to get close. I shut them all out because they aren't exactly like her." He wiped his face. "Come on Milady. We need to at least get some food in you or you'll die of starvation."
I nodded, though I really didn't feel hungry. I let Tresin lead me back into the castle.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011 - 23:29

Tresin's Past
Tresin cried as he was left on the doorstep of Ondine and Ardere's castle. He was only a day old. His cat ears twitched from his own noise. Ondine was the one to answer the door. She smiled at the child. He reminded her of her own son. But he was long gone. Missing for two years now. She picked up the small hybrid baby and carried him inside to an empty nursery. This was his room until one of the servants took him as her own, for Ondine was getting sadder and sadder as each year went by because Tresin still continued to remind her of her still missing son. Tresin didn't mind the rejection. He understood why Ondine was depressed and made sure he was never seen by her.
On one of his adventures to get away he met a girl. Annabelle Larson, a maid's daughter. She became his only friend. He was only comfortable around her. He was like her own personal cat. She enjoyed every minute of it.
One day, when Tresin turned seventeen and Annabelle only fifteen. Annabelle had let it slip that she wished Tresin to stay at that age and protect her for the rest of her life. He had nodded and planned how he would gain immortality for the girl he had fallen in love with. He decided he would see Ondine for the first time in years. He explained to her why he needed his immortality and told her he would be her servant for life if she gave it to him. The unnaturally beautiful goddess agreed and gave Tresin immortality in exchange for his forever servitude. The next day Tresin went back to Annabelle and told her what he had done. The girl looked saddened at first but perked up for the boy, who was only a pet to her.
Two years passed and Tresin stayed the same, still happy to be the bodyguard for the girl he loved. That is, until he found out she was with another. He had found this out when he walked in on them having relations in the horse stable. But Annabelle did not notice her dear pet witnessing her innocence being taken. He cried for the fact that she was not in love with him like he was with her. But he smiled after a while, because his unhappiness was her happiness. And if he helped by just letting her live then he would be fine. After three days Annabelle finally told him herself that she was in love with a boy named Reldon. Tresin swallowed his feelings and smiled. "That's great, Love." he replied to her. She smiled and went on talking about the boy that had stolen her heart from Tresin. He drowned it out by repeating, "My unhappiness is her happiness", over and over again in his mind.
The next year passed Tresin by. He had sighed through it all with the same phrase in his head, "my unhappiness is her happiness", and Annabelle either had not or refused to notice her pet's sadness. For all he was, was a pet. Nothing more. Nothing less. And that's how it was to be. She, in fact, was pregnant with her first of three children. She and Reldon were to be married in the following hour. Tresin helped his love as she prepared. She sang and laughed the nervousness away. And he could only sit by to listen. Ondine soon came in, pretending to see the bride. But after talking to Annabelle she stole Tresin away and talked to him from the side. "Are you sure about this? You gave up your freedom to be with her." Tresin only gave a small smile and nodded, repeating the branded phrase that went through his mind. "My unhappiness is her happiness." Ondine's mouth went into a thin line but she nodded nonetheless. Then Annabelle was married.
After her second child, Reldon was sent to fight the war. He was never home, Annabelle became lonely. Finding herself wishing for company. One day, after Reldon went to fight in the war for the second time, Tresin came over to help Annabelle with the children. She, becoming restless from the lack of love from her husband, pulled Tresin into her bedroom when the children had fallen asleep. She cried to him, then out of the blue, kissed him. He was taken by surprise but he welcomed her touch that he had longed for for years. And soon kissing turned into much, much more. Tresin found himself sincerely happy for the first time in years as Annabelle offered herself to him. After that night Tresin came back everyday he could and everyday Annabelle offered him something he couldn't refuse. The night before Reldon was to come back from fighting was the night Tresin and Annabelle conceived her third and final child.
When Pelitine was born, he had the same ears and tail as Tresin, revealing Annabelle's sin. At first Reldon was angry with her and turned violent towards Tresin but he soon accepted the fact that Annabelle was afraid that he would never come back. But that was an excuse. Annabelle chose to be with her pet because she knew he could never refuse her. She always knew her pet was in love with her and she took advantage of that, only caring for herself. And one day, she told Tresin that.
The day Annabelle slipped that Tresin was nothing but a pet to her, was the day she died. Tresin had left her swearing and yelling at her that he was still a person even though he had cat ears and a tail. Annabelle couldn't understand that. She never would be able to. After a few hours word leaked through that Annabelle had cared nothing for hybrids and they were just play things. Making many very angry. And one acted upon it. The news that someone was going to kill Annabelle had reached Tresin late. When he got there, Annabelle, Reldon, and their two children were dead. Pelitine was spared for he was a hybrid. But the murderer was still there. Tresin stared at Annabelle's dead, mangled body before taking action upon the hybrid. He, in the end, avenged the girl who had promised he would always protect.But realized he had failed his duties. For a whole night, he cried with her head in his lap. After a while he buried them outside the castle so he could always watch over her. And because he had not lived up to his promise, he vowed he would always protect the child they had conceived. And when Pelitine turned nineteen, he struck a deal with Ondine for immortality. Staying by his father's side for the rest of time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptySat 14 May 2011 - 11:53

Powerful
After Tresin fed me, thought the food tasted like ash in my mouth, he took me to my room and wrapped my hand up. "How did you do that?" he asked. My eyes widened when I remembered my hand going into the marker.
"Um... I must've hit a rock with it." I lied. He didn't seem to believe me but he stopped questioning.
After my hand was wrapped her left me too sleep. I really couldn't, for I had taken a nap the graveyard, so I kind of just sat there on the bed hugging my knees to my chest. I still felt terrible for all the mean things I had said when I got here. Leading me to believe I was going to end up destroying this world. What's wrong with that? a voice in my head asked. I closed my eyes and let out a breath. I can't kill an entire world! It's murder and I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I calmly stated to myself. You haven't even tried. the voice told me. It was right. I haven't really tried much of anything. It's only been like a day and so much has happened but I've been the same me. The cold, self-centered teenager. If I stay this way the world is doomed... but maybe I can change before it's too late. Maybe it's not too late. Wait... Does that mean I have to be some bubbley prep! I shuddered at the thought. Maybe I can just be happy without being too happy. I laid my head down on the pillow and curled into a small ball. This was one of the only times I felt safe. My eyes closed and I fell asleep.
"Milady... wake up..." I heard Tresin say, His hands softly shook my body. I opened my weird colored eyes and stared up at him. He smiled. "Up."
I groaned and turned away, pulling the covers over my head. "Five more minutes."
A second later the covers were yanked away from my grasp and my body. "Up." Tresin persisted.
I groaned again. "Fine." I sat up. "I'm up." He nodded and turned away to the wardrobe. He pulled out some clothing and thrusted them at me.
"Get dressed. We have a meeting to go to." He then turned and left the room. I sighed and pulled off my nightgown.
After I dressed in a comfortable fitting, pale orchid, long sleeved gown. Tresin led me all the way to the dining room where Syverth, Ardere, and Ondine were talking in whispers. I noticed Pelitine in the corner talking to Syverth's personal maid. She rolled her eyes when she saw me and my heart fell. Why am I hated? Syverth cleared his throat and my attention went to him. "Lunali. I am very sorry about yesterday but you are our weapon. You are the only thing keeping us above water." Ondine coughed at that one. Syverth looked back at her and smiled, "As well as our lovely mother." He turned back to me. "We've been talking and we think it is time for you to get your powers. Mother said that it is the only way to protect yourself from Nero's slimy grasp."
My heart raced. The thought of power excited me. What power will I get? Oh dang! I should have asked Syverth more about what powers others have. I shook my head, Stop thinking that way. "So you don't want to?" Syverth asked, taking my head shake as an answer to his implied question.
I shook my head. "I-I mean I wouldn't mind being able to protect myself and not be a burden."
Ondine clapped her hands once. "Honey you are not a burden on anyone." I heard a snort behind me. "But this will be a smart move. The sooner you get your endowment the faster we can teach you to control it. So today we will be going to Adelpha and Hortius's castle."
"Wait... Shouldn't it be like heavily guarded?" I asked confused.
Ondine laughed. "No. You see it is protected from violence. As long as our intentions are good we can enter." I nodded in understanding. "Well. Let's go shall we?" Ondine asked before walking toward the door. Syverth nodded and followed her as did everyone else, I brought up the rear with Tresin and Pelintine.
We were soon in front of the castle. I stared at it. It looked so warm and cozy. Like I would always be safe if I went in. Ondine opened the door and stepped inside. Syverth and Ardere with Syverth's servant followed her in. I stared at the dark brown door. Unlocked? These people don't know home land security. I walked in none the less, Tresin and Peltine following me. "Alright Syverth. Take us to the boxes." Ondine ordered. Syverth nodded and walked up the stairs that were on the left.
The walk up the stairs took forever but we finally got to the attic. Ondine stopped before the door. "Servants must turn around and stay out here." Syverth's maid looked about ready to object, wanting to be everywhere he was, but when he uttered her name sharply, "Abby," she reluctantly turned as did Tresin and Pelintine. Ondine opened the door and walked inside, as did Syverth and Ardere. I followed, almost as reluctantly as Syverth's servant was to leave his side. When I walked in I faced a room with many boxes on a table. They were about two inches by two inches. Like a box you get a ring in or a necklace. I looked over at my family. They seemed to watch the boxes in wonderment. I looked back at the boxes. Wondering which I should take. Syverth began talking.
"When I opened my box it was shimmering, calling out to me."
Ondine nodded. "Yes. I believe it is Aldelpha's spirit calling out to you that the endowed box was your's. Like she was hand delivering it to you like she did to us."
I didn't see anything calling out. "Maybe I'm not read-" I started to say but two boxes sparkled. My eyes widened and I walked toward them. One was whitish and the other was a dark purple. Syverth was at my side.
"Which is it?" he whispered softly. I pointed to the two. Syverth looked over at me. "Both?" he raised an eyebrow. I nodded. "Mother? What do you think those powers are?" he asked Ondine.
She walked up to my other side. "Hm..." she said then gasped a bit. "I-I think they are Serenity and Chaos."
Serenity and Chaos... I thought. Is this where I decided the fate of this world? I looked at my mother. The one that decided I was to be in this world. The one that wanted me to take Serenity. But what of my uncle? I'm sure he'd want me to take Chaos. I closed my eyes and picked up one of the boxes in front of me. I opened my eyes to see the white box in my hands. It shimmered still, as well as the purple box. Maybe I have to open the box... I thought. I opened it and a small, white, powdery wind formed around me.I closed my eyes again. I felt the coolness of it seep into my skin. I welcomed it. It felt cleansing. I felt safe, like someone was wrapping their arms around me, shielding me. I blinked my eyes opened and found myself staring at a woman. She had a warm smile. "Welcome Lunali. I see you have chosen my power." I realized I was talking to the Mother of Serenity Falls. My grandmother.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptySat 14 May 2011 - 12:01

History Lesson
"Welcome Lunali. I see you have chosen my power." Adelpha smiled. "I'm so happy that your immediate decision was to save and not slaughter." I didn't have the heart to tell her the whole thing was chance so I let her continue. "I hope you stick by your decision. Because I have something to tell you."
I blinked. "But... Wait... Did you see this all happening? My mother deciding to go against..."
"Tarquin." she finished.
"Tarquin." I repeated. "Seeing her have me?
Adelpha nodded. "My husband and I both saw it. Ondine was always very opinionated. She always went against what others did. She always did what she thought was right. I'm very disappointed that she is not my true child."
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. What?" I asked, a confused look was painted on my face.
"That's right. Ondine is not my real child. Hortius, the deceitful man, had moonlighted with a moon goddess he had created. Her name was Lunali. Anyway. They had conceived a child, Ondine, and Hortius gave her the power of water." Adelpha explained.
I thought a moment. "So wait. I'm named after a woman your husband created to whore around with? Why wasn't I told!"
Adelpha flinched. "Because they didn't want to deal with this." I blinked and calmed down.
"I'm sorry." I apologized. "I shouldn't even be talking. Please. What did you need to tell me?"
This time she blinked, her mind drawing a blank. "Oh! Right! Yes. Lunali, when you go back you must open the other box to my husband. Do not pester him. He will not stand for it. And don't forget. No matter what! You must open that box."
I nodded. "Okay Adelpha."
She smiled. "Please. Call me Grandma."
I couldn't help but blush from embarrassment. "Yes Grandma."
She pulled me into an unexpected hug. "I love you. Please, help my world." I felt a lump in my throat and could only nod, tears threatened to come. The wind picked up around us and I closed my eyes. After a while I could no longer feel her protective hands on me. I opened my eyes to find the white box in my hand and my family staring at me.
"What did you see?" Ondine asked.
I ignored her and pocketed the white box in a secret pocket in the folds of my dress. I then picked up the, still shimmering, purple box. "What are you doing!" Syverth protested. I drowned him out and opened the purple box. Dark purple dust clouded around me in a violent wind, knocking my mother and brother away from me. This time the wind was sharp, cold, and angry feeling. I was reluctant to welcome it but I gave in. My eyes closed to shield themselves from the mad wind and the powder seeped into my skin as well. It soon stopped and I opened them again. They were tired of closing and opening so much. I found them staring at a handsome, yet mean looking man.
He ginned evilly. "Hello Lunali. I see you have already visited my wife." I stared at him, How did he know? He laughed. Even that sounded evil. "I can see her aura in you. Tell me. Was the trip to her nicer than mine?" I didn't want to lie to him so I nodded. He frowned. "I see. Well that is not surprising. Serenity is always so much more girly than chaos. What did mine feel like?"
I started to recall it. "Cold and violent."
"And her's?"
"Warm and welcoming." I whispered, mostly to myself.
"Well Lunali. You are very welcome here. You will help Tarquin an his quest to destroy Serenity Falls and create a better world." My eyes widened. He smirked, my stomach fell in disgust. "Oh yes you will. I can see it now. Then he will marry you when his little wife dies and you will rule the better world. Then you will break me free of this place."
That statement brought up a question. "Why are you and Adelpha in these boxes?"
Hortius snapped out of his thoughts and looked at me. "Because we can't interfere. You are our only link into the war that is going on."
"Why?" I asked.
"Because Adelpha and I made a bet. She said Serenity can over power Chaos and I said otherwise. So we started this." I nodded softly. These people are completely nuts! I thought to myself. "Anyway. It''s all just a bunch of bullshit. Chaos is going to win because you are going to over take the current Serenity powers in your system." I didn't like the way he was telling me what to do but I nodded. It was the only way I was getting out alive, even though my grandfather was completely batshit if he thought I was going to go on his side with the way he was ordering me around. "So you got that? You re to completely get her power out of your system." I nodded and he pulled me into a rough hug. "Good. Now go my precious. Go fill the world with your chaos." The rough wind filled my ears and my eyes forced their selves to stay open. All I saw was purple until finally it cleared. My eyes blinked several times until they rested upon my mother and brother on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptySat 14 May 2011 - 12:04

Explanations
"Why did you open that box?" Ondine asked angrily when we had gotten back to her's and Ardere's castle. We were currently sitting at the dining table. Well, I was. The others were pacing, pondering my decision to open the chaotic box.
"Grandma told me to." I said automatically.
Ondine raised an eyebrow but nodded. "So now you have both of their auras in you. Correct?"
I nodded. "Yes ma'am."
Her head fell. "Why? Why would she tell you to do that?"
I knew it was a rhetorical question but I decided to answer. "Because. I am their guinea pig. I am their link to this world."
She glared at me but said nothing. I took this as she knew I was right. Of course I'm right! I'm their little puppet. Those ventriloquist bastards. Now I'm stuck like this... this powerful being. Goddess, to say the least. I sighed mentally. I needed to draw. I haven't in a while and my need was very over powering. I stared my mother in the eye. "I want to go to my room."
She closed her eyes and massaged her temples. "Fine. Leave me. I have nothing more to say to you." Tresin appeared beside me. I lifted myself gracefully from my chair and followed him to my room.
I sat at the desk that was there. Tresin walked in with paper and a pencil. He handed the materials to me and stood beside me. I looked up at him. "Tresin you do know you don't have to stand right?"
He gave me a puzzled look. "It is impolite for the help to sit."
I laughed until I realized he was serious. "Tresin please sit down."
He sighed but nodded and sat on my newly made bed. I turned to the paper and picked up the pencil. I noticed my wrapped hand didn't hurt anymore. Great. I heal faster now. I started to draw guidelines. The only noise in the room was the sound of scratching the pencil made on the paper. I thought about everything. The reason why I was forced here.
A circle was on the paper.
About the castle.
A line snaked swiftly down.
About my real parents.
A line crossed the other.
About Tresin.
Another line crossed the bottom.
About Syverth's maid's hatred towards me.
I started to draw a head. I could feel Tresin's eyes on my hand. He was mesmerized by the movements.
My mind wandered to Tresin's son, Pelitine. He was mysterious, to say the least. He wasn't really like his father, but of course, his father obsessed over a dead woman. I wonder how Pelitine feels. He must also think it is weird that his father is engrossed in the memory of his mother. I should talk to him about it some time. I looked back down at my drawing. I hadn't really been paying much attention to it. I was too enveloped in my thoughts. But it had started to take form. As if my hands had known what to do even though my mind didn't control them. The drawing resembled Pelitine. My hands continued to work. I realized he had a certain softness to his eyes. His mouth played a certain humorous smile. His hair was actually a bit longer than his father's. His bangs over lapped the top part of his eyes, his hair came to a stop at midneck. His ears were smaller than Tresin's. They had a small point to them, unlike the curved edge Tresin's had. I was shocked by how I seemed to memorize every detail, down to the pointed chin.
I started to shade in the darkest features, but the pencil's lead suddenly snapped. The sound from it made me jump a little. I hadn't noticed the hushed silence. I looked over at the bed to see if Tresin was even there. He wasn't. In my immured thoughts I hadn't noticed he had moved from the bed to behind me. I jumped even higher when I realized he was on the other side of me. His face inches from mine. He was not looking at me. He was studying the picture. This was one of these times that I wished I could read minds. He wasn't saying anything. Just staring at the drawing of his son. I silence started to kill me. But to my avail he started to speak. "Why did you draw Pelitine?" he asked. I felt myself redden. I didn't even know the answer to that.
"I-I'm not sure. I was just sort of thinking about how he's the only one I haven't really gotten to know here." That was the truth so I went with it.
He nodded. "I see. Well-" he never got to finish. I started to hear the wail of sirens. "An attack." he whispered. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room before I could ask.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls EmptySat 14 May 2011 - 12:07

Attack Outside The Castle And Within
Tresin's hand still held a firm grasp on my arm. He led me through the servant's quarters. It was bustling with action as servants braced themselves for the mysterious attack that was beginning to form. Many rammed into me, making it harder to follow Tresin. We managed to get out alright though. I could feel the pocketed boxes within the pocket, for they were bouncing against my leg. Tresin led me deeper into the castle, down many flights of stairs. The only light was now coming from torches. Soon the stairs ended and we were in a room. Nothing was stirring but a mouse or two. It had a couch and a few chairs and a table but nothing else. It didn't look very homey compared to the rest of the castle. Tresin led me to the couch and sat me down. "Miss. You must stay here. Tarquin has launched an attack on the castle and is attempting to capture you."
I nodded in understandment. Does he know I possess my powers? I wondered. I noticed in the corner of my eye a shadow coming down the stairs. I gestured to it and Tresin turned around. I noticed his muscle's tense up in his short sleeved dress shirt. I started to shake uncontrollably. The shadow made it to the bottom of the stairs to reveal Petiline. I let out a sigh. "Father! I knew I'd find you here." He said, I could hear relief in his voice. He then proceeded to hand me a sword. I stared at him in shock, as did Tresin. "You said you could use one right?" He asked. I nodded in reply. "Good. I have to steal my father away for a few minutes." My eyes widened and I began to shake again. I really didn't want to be left alone but neither I, nor Tresin, object. Tresin followed his son up the stairs reluctantly.
The first few minutes were nerve racking but I managed to calm down. I stared intently at the stairs, waiting for Tresin and Pelitine to return. A shadow appeared once more. I thought I felt my heart sigh, but then raced again. This shadow was different. It was built smaller. Plus. There were no cat ears. I gripped the slick handle of the metal sword. The owner of the shadow appeared. Abbie.
I sighed but then I noticed she also bared a sword. The sigh caught in my throat. I chokingly gulped it down. She glared at me. "Hello Lunali. I expected to see you here when Tresin and Pelitine came up. I just had to make sure they were gone." She slowly started to walk toward me. I got up from the couch and silently matched her steps, but in the opposite direction. "You do know I hate you right?" I nodded, not wanting to speak. She had a sickly smirk on her face. "Good. Do you know why?" I shook my head. I really didn't know why this girl seemed to hate me so much. I hadn't done anything. "Because. You are so much more closer to him then I could ever be! Even though you are his sister it really wouldn't matter! He could love you anyway he chooses. Look at the rest of your family! I see the way he looks at you! So protectively. Does he even realize the way I feel? No. Of course not! He plays with my heart but I can't help but love it." This chick is completely insane! I thought to myself. I felt my back touch the cool cement wall. d***! She's going to kill me! But she continued talking. "Do you want to know how we met?" she asked me. Anything to keep you from cutting me up! I thought but I only nodded in reply. She seemed to like my answer.
"Well. It was a snowy morning. I was hanging around the horse stable like I usually did when I was a child. Then I noticed him. A cold, silent, beautiful boy sitting on the fence by the stable. He looked bored. I went up to him with my most dazzling smile, my heart beating fast. He didn't seem to notice me until I cleared my throat. Then he stared down at me. 'Oh. Hi.' he had said.
'Hi!' I replied happily. He yawned.
'Go away.' he told me. It was quite rude but I obeyed and I watched him from afar, that is, until he disappeared. His mother was so hurt by his disappearance she never let his memory die. She had asked many of the girls to be his servant for when he came back. I was apart of the candidates. I had also convinced her to choose me for the permanent job. Then one day. He returned, this you remember, but he didn't return alone. He had another girl in his arms and he had lingered around her room the whole day. That girl was you. When I was introduced as his servant he didn't even recognize me! He just waved me away and continued to pace around your door." Her story confused me even more. Syverth barely acknowledged me, let alone would wait for me to wake up. I had barely seen him since I got here. I realized her story wasn't over.
"I also decided it was time for you to go. I really don't care about the stupid prophecy. This world doesn't need you. So I will dispose of you. Personally." I remembered when I had asked Syverth about her. He had snapped at me. Did he like her or did he not want me to think he could ever love anyone but me? I snapped back into reality when I realized she was charging toward me. Her sword slashed toward me. But I was quick to react. My hands moved the sword to counter her. The contact pushed her back. I took this chance to attack myself. I moved the sword so fast she could barely dodge. My sword's tip clipped her side. I could see her wince slightly. She then brought the sword about her head to bring in a premature finishing blow. I knew how to deal with this. I countered it once again and the blast of kinetic energy force her sword to clatter to the ground and skitter away from us.
She did not take my skills well. She let out a horrifying wail and tackled me. I was so shocked I dropped my sword. I could feel her weight on me. My head had bounced hard against the concrete ground and I was barely conscious. But I could really feel her energy. Her anger. Her pain. I also felt blood drip from her wound onto my arm. I felt bad for what I had not intentionally did to her. Then I felt a cool blade touch my neck. My brain was still bouncing around and my energy was depleting. I felt the blade of knife slice deep into my neck but I felt no pain. I wished for something to come. For something to save me from her. Then I heard her scream. My eyes opened and I could barely grasp the figure of a grotesque creature. It was red with many horns. But it was small. It started to chase her, then it tackled her. I started to pass out while it ate her. Goodbye Abbie, was my last thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Serenity Falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serenity Falls   Serenity Falls Empty

Back to top Go down

Serenity Falls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Artwork & Literature-
Jump to: