Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3220

If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C] Empty
PostSubject: If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C]   If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C] EmptyWed 3 Apr 2024 - 23:18

She remained in his memory simply as the most plaintive and poignant of a line of ghosts

Slowly, but surely, her world was extending past the nursery to include more than just her family. This included the strangers who walked past her, her clanmates, each so vastly different it felt wrong to place them all in the same group. She made a point to thank them whenever they gave her something, even if she didn't want to speak. She needed to train her voice, anyway. She was already so far behind Hollowpaw... and she wasn't going to wait until all her littermates were apprentices before she got past such a trivial barrier. And so, she had to say more than a simple 'thank you', something to really push herself. As an apprentice stepped into the nursery that day, Juniperkit stepped forward to speak to him, shaking in her standing as she whispered out meekly, "Mor- evening-! Could- could you help me with something?"

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C]   If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C] EmptySat 6 Apr 2024 - 22:55

nightpaw
Nightpaw had been sent by Silverhawk to change out the bedding in the nursery, right before the tom had gone out on patrol. Despite the fact that it was a common apprentice duty, Nightpaw couldn't help but shake the feeling that his mentor just didn't want to deal with him that day. Had he given up on him? Nightpaw was torn; part of him still wanted to prove himself, and part of him wanted Silverhawk to just stop trying and leave him alone.

Newleaf could do little to ease the tension in his shoulders, but the tuxedo tom tried his best to seem somewhat happy as he ducked into the den. Nightpaw straightened, hoping his silence could be mistaken for dutifulness, but it wasn't some boisterous kit that bothered him, or a lonely, small-talking queen. No, he was intercepted by a quiet, timid scrap - a she-kit that reminded him too much of himself. And for once, he felt like the bigger cat, his fern gaze softening as he looked down to see a tall, dark-furred kitten staring up at him like he might eat her.

He strained to hear her at first. Was this how his Clanmates felt when he talked? So meek and timid - it only made him sympathetic toward the poor molly. "Of course, little one. What is it?" Nightpaw's voice was gentle; and, he hoped, soothing. He wanted nothing more than to wrap his tail around her and put her at ease. "No need to tremble. I won't hurt you." 

7 moons - shadowclan app. - he/him "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C]   If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C] EmptyTue 9 Apr 2024 - 20:30

She remained in his memory simply as the most plaintive and poignant of a line of ghosts

The voice that spoke back to her was soft. Gentle, even. Not warm, though. No, it was the cool of rain drops trickling down rocks molded by seasons upon seasons of wind and sun. Like water on stone... at night. With white flower petals drifting across the otherwise tranquil surface. Yes, thats what it was. Juniperkit felt her nerves ease a little, the claw around her chest releasing every so slightly in it's hold. It comforted her to know that he could sense her discomfort; it meant that it was okay for her to be vulnerable this once. "Could you bring me some things from outside camp? I want to make a gift for my father, but I ran out of flowers..." She stood on tiptoes to whisper her request into the tom's ear. She blinked, as if a new though had occured to her, and she took a step back to regard Nightpaw with a tip of her head. "And I'll make one for you," She decided, a small smile tugging at her face. He'd look good with white flowers, she was sure, but also darker green leaves to adorn said flowers. Butterfly wings as well, if she could find any.

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C]   If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C] EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 23:46

nightpaw
He listened intently, curiosity flashing in his soft green eyes. She whispered, clearly nervous at the mere prospect of speaking, and waited patiently for her request. Some flowers. Well, of course he could do that! "Oh, of course!" Jealousy twinged at him - he wished he had any sort of relationship with his own dad. But that was not her fault, and he brushed the thought away to ruminate on later.

"That's a wonderful idea, by the way, making a gift for your dad. I'm sure he'll love it! What should I look for? Purple flowers, blue, pink...? All of the flowers are in full bloom now - it's quite gorgeous - so you can take your pick!" He meowed encouragingly, finding himself rambling a bit. Why was it so easy to talk to this kit? And why he couldn't he be this normal around cats his own age? Nightpaw clenched his jaw but kept his gaze clear, his maw shaping into a soft, warm smile. 

"Oh! You don't have to make me one, little one, but I'd be honored." Nightpaw wondered what she was making, anyway - he wasn't exactly the most creative cat. But nobody had ever made him anything before. His whiskers twitched curiously.

7 moons - shadowclan app. - he/him "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C]   If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C] EmptyMon 29 Apr 2024 - 5:57

It was easier than she thought, to speak to this tom. Something about him soothed him. It was different from speaking with Hollowpaw or Sablestrike, she mused to herself. They did the speaking for her; when she was with them, she knew she didn't have to be nervous that she wasn't talking enough. No, with them, it was alright for her not to speak. But this tom was different. He made her want to speak. The black she-kit was drawn to this apprentice, and for the first time her words came clearly, with no whisper to soften their edges as she spoke. "Yellow flowers, please. The small kind that's all in clusters with thin stems. And also some larger ones; you can collect a little less of these; they've got to be simple, only four to seven petals, eight if you must, and the petals' got to be spread out like a star. Please don't pick any flowers that have brown spots on them, or any with wrinkled petals. And could you also pick some vines? I'm looking for the dark green, wide, jagged-edged leafs kind," She instructed, seemling breathless at the end, before her eyes suddenly lighted up again. "As for you, I'll need white or pale cream flowers, preferbly a mix of those two, maybe a pink flower or two-- must be light pink! Dark pink would just ruin it all-- some dark leafs; keep them small; andddd an orange butterfly, if you can find one. A black one would work as well."

"What am I making? I'm making an eyepath for my father-- he's missing an eye, and I think it would look really pretty if he had some flowers draping over his scars. I think I'll make a bracelet of sorts for you; you can tie it around your paws if you want," Juniperkit continued in an excitable voice, green eyes flashing every time she mentioned something new.

PostSubject: Re: If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C]   If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C] Empty

Back to top Go down

If You Do Not Ask, The Answer Will Always Be 'No'[C]
Page 1 of 1