Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

quiet platitudes [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

quiet platitudes [c] Empty
PostSubject: quiet platitudes [c]   quiet platitudes [c] EmptyThu 28 Mar 2024 - 16:38

Poppyshine

Duckpaw had been an apprentice for quite a long time, and Poppyshine understood why. They were far more tired than any other apprentice, not holding the same type of bright energy that was typical of people in their peer group. It was something that concerned Poppyshine from time to time, especially given that Duckpaw seemed to be able to fall asleep anywhere as a result, but it wasn’t something she felt was enough of a concern to bring up.

Still…with how long they have been an apprentice, Poppyshine wanted to know if there was anything that she could do to help them. She found them resting in camp and approached with a smile. “Duckpaw? I wanted to check in. How has training been?” She sat down with them. “I know it’s been difficult since we returned home…”
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7377

PostSubject: Re: quiet platitudes [c]   quiet platitudes [c] EmptySun 31 Mar 2024 - 13:34

Duckpaw was sprawled out on the edge of the camp, head on their paws as there just wasn't much for them to do. It was a day off - assigned to no patrols and it wasn't like they had a mentor to do training with. It was partly their fault, they supposed as they hadn't made a fuss about it as their training was almost complete before they had left for the lake but... They lifted their head at the sound of approaching pawsteps, a casual curiosity of who was approaching turned to slight worry at the sight of the deputy.

It wasn't that they thought they were in trouble or anything - while they hadn't gotten the chance to truly speak to Poppyshine... Well, they knew that she was one of the nicest cats in the Clan. Perhaps thought, that just made them feel more ashamed by their hesitation to approach her for help - with their training, with talking about their exhaustion issues... Slowly they pushed themselves to their paws, sheepishly looking at the ground. "Oh, uh...Fine. I-I mean I know almost everything, I think. I've been doing good on hunting patrols after all!" they meowed, but they didn't have a real answer past all that. Training didn't quite exist when your mentor had been murdered and maybe their training was almost done...Maybe it wasn't - they hadn't been in a hurry to have another warrior judge if they were ready for their name because they... They didn't want to be a warrior until they felt they could pull their weight.

And right now... Right now they were just dead weight with how much their chronic exhaustion ruled them, as random as it was on if they would be struck with a wave of sleepiness or not.

quiet platitudes [c] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: quiet platitudes [c]   quiet platitudes [c] EmptyTue 2 Apr 2024 - 16:18

Poppyshine

Poppyshine nodded and gave them a smile. “As I’ve heard,” she said. She had also heard from the warriors that had rotated training Duckpaw with patrol assignments that Duckpaw always seemed so tired. There had been one incident where they’d fallen asleep right at the river. Duckpaw didn’t strike Poppyshine as lazy, but she wasn’t sure what else would be causing all of this fatigue.

“I wanted to ask you if you maybe wanted an official mentor change,” she said. “Hawkshriek isn’t here anymore…and it’s important that you are still given the right attention in your training. Or, if you think you’re ready, I can always organize an assessment to test your skills and see if you’re ready to become a warrior instead.”

The question about their tiredness tugged on Poppyshine’s tongue but she wasn’t quite able to spit it out. If Duckpaw had fallen behind a bit, perhaps it was due to lack of discipline since Hawkshriek’s death…but that was tied up too much in Poppyshine’s own grief to focus on for too long.
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699