Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt] Empty
PostSubject: gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt]   gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt] EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024 - 18:51

A pleasant newleaf breeze swept through the forest. Unlike the chilling gusts of leafbare, this weather made Littlesplash want to traipse the territory rather than tucking away in the medicine cat's den. There was plenty to keep his paws busy already and this season assured his clanmates would soon be out getting themselves into more trouble. Several thoughts weighed on his mind as he waited at the camp entrance. The first was Duckpaw. Not yet having the had the opportunity to speak with the other medicine cats, the young tom found himself as lost as ever. For the time being, he'd leaned into giving them relaxing herbs in an attempt to help sleep at night, and strengthening ones during the day. Often, he fretted this wasn't doing much at all.

Of course, there was also the matter of Rowansong's treatment. It had occurred to him many times that perhaps there was nothing more that he could do beyond basic treatments. If the previous medicine cats hadn't been able to heal Lavenderpaw, why would his paws do anything for either of them? Dipping his head low as the chirping of a bird sounded overhead, Littlesplash was also reminded of the prophecy. He would have to talk to Perchstar soon even it the meaning had yet to be worked out. Letting out a soft sigh, he brightened slightly as his companions approached. Ripplesong and Cindersky would be joining him today to look for herbs. Even if he couldn't fix every cat's ailments, he was determined to have the tools to try.

"Good morning." He chimed to them both, glancing between the pair with his mismatched gaze. Admiration was evident in his eyes as the grey and white tom regarded them both. Cindersky had been a part of his life for so long now, he had to consider any alternative. And despite being born around the same time, he and Ripplesong just started to become more acquainted. The queen had helped him tremendously already, in ways he hoped he could one day repay, "Lots of herbs to collect today. I imagine the plants will be loving the sun as much as I do so best not to waste daylight." As for every herb hunt, his hare pelt was strewn across his back. It had become a useful tool in honor of Egretswoop's memory.

ooc: Herbs of the Day
1- An Angry Spider, it may bite your nose (or poisonous herbs)
2/3 - Stick, Mallow Leaves, Moss, Elder Leaves
4/5 - Poppy Seeds, Alder Bark, Lamb's Ear
6 - Comfrey Root, Fennel, Ragwort
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt]   gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt] EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024 - 21:15

Ripplesong
Queen | RiverClan | she/her

"Good morning," Ripplesong chirped back as she approached, flanking Cindersky. "Of course, it's such a beautiful day." The queen glanced around, feeling a bit lost. She had been helping the young medicine cat in the medicine den recently, so she was more familiar with the scent of herbs than she'd ever imagined she would be, but she had no clue how to find them in the wild. She shuffled her paws. "Is there anything specific I should be looking out for?" she mewed as she drew closer to Littlesplash. "Or anywhere we should be especially searching?"

discord: uwubers | timezone: EST | code (c) kieer

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 327

PostSubject: Re: gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt]   gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt] EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024 - 1:27

Cindersky
T3 Warrior | RiverClan| she/her
"i loved you like the sun."

Cindersky had 'woken' early that morning, and by that she meant she had finally decided to get up after fitful bouts of sleep. Broken, but some minutes were better than none. She wound round the warriors den toward the medicine den like she had so many times before, a path that she could truly tread even with her eyes shut now. She instinctively went to enter the medicine den and her paws stuttered, eyes catching the shape of Littlesplash by the camps mouth.

She 'mrrped' in greeting, the butt of her tail twitching slight in the echo of a long-used, long-lost gesture that was hard to break, but didn't hurt to do anymore. She still oft had flare ups, times where she thought her tail was there and gone again, but it was easier now. "Good morning," She mewed as she fell in beside Ripplesong, blinking in greeting at the queen and then moving to tip her muzzle to the top of Littlesplashes head.

"I admit I... Am not aware of many herbs," She then said quietly in response to the queen. "Outside of poppy seeds, cobwebs, and the one that makes the yellow poultice. I will grab whatever I can find. And refer to your expertise then, Littlesplash."

discord: <@moonazine>| timezone: gmt| code (c) kieer

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt]   gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt] EmptySat 6 Apr 2024 - 18:43

"Oh, uhm." Admittedly, he hadn't thought to hard about the fact that he probably needed to give more instruction. Feeling small between the two she-cats, he managed a sheepish grin as his thoughts raced. There was a whole list in his head with so many different herbs of various descriptions for a whole spectrum of uses. He took a deep breath as he glanced between Cindersky and Ripplesong. Both of them were good companions, there was no reason to be more nervous than he was around Larkspring on a herb gathering outing. His tail whisked as the tom considered how silly he could be at times.

"So, most herbs that we're looking for grow in moist places so anywhere the ground is typically soft or soaked, collecting puddles and..." What else? How was he supposed to train an apprentice if a crane stole his tongue over basic speech? Littlesplash's whiskers twitched as he glanced around, looking for an example of something to share with the she-cats. He pulled away from them to stick his nose in a patch of foliage, sifting through the water-logged grassed. After a few seconds, delicate clusters of white flowers appeared before his eyes. Jumping back, the plant was exposed, as his pads had pressed down the surrounding coverage. That was not a great example of what to find. With wide eyes, he turned to them both, "Water Hemlock. It can hurt even fully grown cats we have to dig it up, discard the roots and bury the plant. Starclan... I'm glad we found this before any apprentice."

His limbs were stiff as he moved back towards the hemlock, sticking his paws deep into the mud to find the roots. An unpleasant squelching sound filled his ears as the murky ground quickly clung to his coat. A bit disheartened by the find, the tom muttered softly to his patrol mates as he dug, "This is not quite what I hoped to show you there are so many better herbs out here. Really, anything that doesn't look like grasses. Like, uhm, ragwort! It is a big shrub with yellow flowers. Poppy seeds, of course. Lamb's ear, which is the best, its fuzzy leaves that grow near rock. Even sticks too! A good stick helps to have around. There's so much I- I hope that's not too much." Littlesplash paused and blinked, not realizing how quickly he'd gone off on an explanation of all the things in his head.

Last edited by Ripped on Sat 6 Apr 2024 - 18:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

PostSubject: Re: gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt]   gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt] EmptySat 6 Apr 2024 - 18:43

The member 'Ripped' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt] Mistpe10
gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt]   gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt] EmptySat 20 Apr 2024 - 11:23

Ripplesong
Queen | RiverClan | she/her

Ripplesong listened to the medicine cat carefully as he explained. Soft or soaked, collecting puddles... the molly blinked. That's half the territory! Her whiskers twitched as she watched him work away at the water hemlock he found. Not exactly the greatest example, but... Ripplesong lined herself up beside him, helping him dig up the plant. "Let me help," she offered warmly. The mud soaking through her fur was unpleasant to say the least, but nothing a quick swim later wouldn't wash out. When they had successfully uprooted the dangerous plant, she took a step back, her watercolor gaze scanning the area.

"Okay, I'll see what I can find, Littlesplash," she mewed before trotting off along the slope, making sure to keep on lower ground where there was plenty of water and growth opportunities.

Ripplesplash rolled a 2, finding moss!

It wasn't much, but the clan could always use fresh moss, and this was some of the freshest she'd ever seen. She didn't need Littlesplash there to identify it for her, so hopefully he could focus on helping Cindersky. This was something she had experience with, always fetching moss for the cranky queens in the nursery. She gathered as much as she could and brought it back to their meeting place.

"It isn't much, but at least it's something," she offered lightheartedly. "At least it's not poison," she added with a twitch of her whiskers, giving Littlesplash's shoulder a gentle teasing headbutt. "The clan can always use moss, anyway.  But I'm ready to try my luck again if we still have some time!"

discord: uwubers | timezone: EST | code (c) kieer

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Sat 20 Apr 2024 - 11:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

PostSubject: Re: gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt]   gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt] EmptySat 20 Apr 2024 - 11:23

The member 'uwubers' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt] Mistpe10
gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt]   gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt] Empty

Back to top Go down

gettin this white bread [closed; herb hunt]
Page 1 of 1