Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

the path ahead (and what's left behind) [c]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

the path ahead (and what's left behind) [c] Empty
PostSubject: the path ahead (and what's left behind) [c]   the path ahead (and what's left behind) [c] EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024 - 9:59

In the several moons that had passed since the wolf attack, traveling back to their rightful home, and most recently dealing with war between clans... not much had changed for Rowansong. The medicine cat felt his heart tighten everytime he regarded the tom, longing to be able to do more than offer a measly herbs. He felt sorely inexperienced and defeated when it came to an inability to cure all ailments. Cindersky had moved on without her tail, at least, but how could the russet warrior do the same?

A pile of comfrey root and daisy leaves had been set aside next to poppy seeds. As he padded towards the back of the den, gingerly carrying the bundle, Littlesplash greeted the warrior with a respectful dip of his head. He'd hardly gotten to see what Rowansong was like as a warrior, instead seeing him stuck to the camp like an ailing elder. The thought caused a frown to flicker across his features before he recovered, "Herbs for my favorite, denmate!" He chirped, trying to offer a reassuring smile.

"How are you feeling?" It was a loaded question and one the tiny tom always dreaded asking. Unfortunately, it was also necessary. His ears perked in wait for the answer.
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2493

PostSubject: Re: the path ahead (and what's left behind) [c]   the path ahead (and what's left behind) [c] EmptyThu 11 Apr 2024 - 4:23

"I want for us this: that we are well."
Rowansong
T5 Warrior | RiverClan | he/him

It'd been moons since that awful evening with the wolves. It was even properly new-leaf now; no more vague threats of warmer days. The season would be idyllic, almost, if Rowansong had made the recovery he so desperately planned to. But aside from the newfound strength in his shoulders and forelimbs, nothing changed. It was as if his life halted where he swung between that wolf's teeth. Stubbornly, juvenily, he'd clawed out some sense of hope for his future, but it kept slipping between his clumsy paws.

Rowansong sighed and grit his teeth. Before he could settle too comfortably in rumination, a shadow cast between the slats of sunlight working their way through the walls. He recognized the figure in an instant; it would be harder not to, after the time they shared together of late. Littlesplash came as he often did, chirping and trying terribly to work out a smile. Rowansong returned the nod and shifted to straighten out slightly. He wouldn't grimace at the sight and scent of herbs, but there was an ever-so-slight wrinkle in the very bridge of his muzzle. "You know," he remarked, effecting moroseness, "I do not envy a medicine cat. Eating these day after day grows so tiring-- not only are they bitter, but it just becomes such a bore. I cannot imagine how you stand to keep them in your mouth so often."

His eyes and muzzle curled wryly. It was the easiest way to combat the way his heart sank through his ribs at the awful, routine question. Still, he wouldn't do with refusing to acknowledge the ask entirely. It was only a moment before Rowansong's expression grew more serious. He looked between Littlesplash and the bundle set aside, wondering why he never bothered learning the names while the Clan was under Sandyshell's care, before looking toward the medicine cat again. "...Alright, today." He answered slowly. "I am not in so much pain. Just- oh, you know, the usual ambience of aching." Rowansong's ears swiveled in absence of a whisking tail. "And I'm quite terribly bored, and quite terribly lame, and quite terribly sick of this nest." There was no insult in his words; if anything, there was humor in his eyes again, and his snorting was followed by a puff of amusement. "But... but I have had worse days. Alright, I suppose, is the best word."
profile | playlist | discord: downfive  | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: the path ahead (and what's left behind) [c]   the path ahead (and what's left behind) [c] EmptySun 14 Apr 2024 - 19:03

The medicine cat offered Rowansong a slow and apologetic blink at the remark, "I got used to it after only a moon but no cat should be forced to taste these otherwise. Maybe I could help you out to the water's edge? When it's warmer too there's always honey... great for taste I've heard..." Littlesplash looked at his paws, humming softly as his eyes crossed with thought. Prickles of guilt crawled through his fur like persistently clinging ants. He longed to be of more help to the warrior, to bring back sensation or support to the limbs. Helplessness was something he was getting uncomfortably used to.

At least one of them had some sense of humor about the whole ordeal. The medicine cat's ears twitched at the russet-furred tom began prattling off the usual report. He looked up in time to gauge the light behind olive-tinged eyes. It almost made him feel a tad lighter. Littlesplash longed to give back the normalcy that had been stripped away. There were so many things that the usually nest-bound tom could no longer do. Dipping his head in response to the words, he responded, "The herbs will help to relieve your aches. You just have to keep your forelegs strong... I- maybe fishing? There's minnows along the riverbank." The idea was something, at least. He stared at Rowansong in hopes of some confirmation it wasn't just nonsense spouting from his maw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the path ahead (and what's left behind) [c]   the path ahead (and what's left behind) [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

the path ahead (and what's left behind) [c]
Page 1 of 1