Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

land fishing [closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

land fishing [closed] Empty
PostSubject: land fishing [closed]   land fishing [closed] EmptyThu 21 Mar 2024 - 16:06

With the season changing and the weather slowly becoming more favorable, Auburnflare found himself longing to leave camp more often, despite usually being indifferent. He'd spent enough time exploring the wider world and was content enough in his place within Thunderclan. However, the feeling of the stray beams of sunlight across his brown and white fur was a luxurious sensation. Having given Irispaw her tasks for the day, the warrior headed off in his own endeavor. Sunningrocks had been a favorite of his before Thunderclan had returned and it had been sometime since he had enjoyed himself. The alliance with their neighboring clan was still strong, in theory, but who knew with the shifting leadership.

Auburnflare shrugged off the thought. His bright blue gaze shined with determination of a selfish goal. It did not take long to traverse the territory and he briefly considered the fact that when he had first come to the forest, he'd been too weak to make it far. Look at me now, Stoatfur. A warrior. A son you should be proud of. He thought of his father with only traces of bitterness, mostly only indignation at this point. While his parents were lounging in the stone den, he was out making a difference as a part of the clan. Well, aside from the well-earned rest. Heaving himself up the side of the stony slope was easy enough. The rays of light, coupled with the cool breeze, was perfect for lounging against sun touched stone.

With his paws stretching over the edge, Auburnflare spread his limbs across the stone before rolling lazily onto his back. Stars, he couldn't wait until Newleaf was in full swing. Older warriors talked of full bellies when the weather shifted. He couldn't wait. His eyes had slid shut and slitted open to take in the thawed river. Admittedly, the background noise was soothing, even if the thought of getting his fur wet made his lip curl in disgust. To his surprise there was a figure along the back. Her slender calico frame seemed a little gaunt for a Riverclan cat, known for their thick pelts. An idea flitted through his mind, fueled more by curiosity than anything, he called out to the molly, "Almost done soaking your fur for fun? A day like this is much better spent sunning, don't you think?"

They were allies after all, right?
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2957

PostSubject: Re: land fishing [closed]   land fishing [closed] EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 18:16

Poppyshine

Poppyshine tried not to spend too much time out in the territory on her own, especially by borders. Times were tense—perhaps slightly less so after the Gathering, but still tense. Sometimes she just needed time on her own, though, and as deputy, she felt it less necessary to bring a companion. She still found herself nearer to ThunderClan’s territory than SkyClan’s. The alliance was a little up in the air now, but Sunningrocks was still shared until Perchstar and Acornstem (Acornstar before long, certainly) talked it over and pinned it down. Or…it would dissolve entirely.

She got lost in her thoughts as she walked along the edge of the river. It didn’t scare her quite as much in youth anymore, but there was always apprehension. Always the thought of falling in, or of those she had lost in the water already. It was easy to think of her losses while her mind was already weighed with heavy things.

A voice called out to her and yanked her out of her thoughts immediately. Poppyshine’s muscles stiffened and she looked around to find the voice as the words processed. Her eyes landed on the brown tom and she relaxed a bit. Sunningrocks; ThunderClan; friendliness. Poppyshine released a little breath and offered a small smile to the tom. “I don’t really soak,” she called back. After a moment of hesitancy, she approached him. The rocks were warm upon her paw pad when she stepped over them and through the newleaf grasses. “I’m afraid I have much to do. Not much time for sunning.”
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: land fishing [closed]   land fishing [closed] EmptyThu 28 Mar 2024 - 15:08

Regarding her through lidded eyes, the Thunderclanner watched her shoulders tense and then relax. At her remark, his whiskers twitched in amusement and he muttered a response mostly to himself, "Honestly thought Riverclan was half-fish themselves..." Much to his surprise, she seemed at the very least open to briefly entertaining his antics. His tail flickered lackadaisically as the she-cat padded over. He looked up with a cheeky smile of his own turning of the sides of his maw. Surely no cat could resist the alluring comfort of Sunningrocks on such a delightful day. Leafbare had been too long.

"Hm, I don't know. A warrior out for a stroll on a nice day? I think you just don't like to acknowledge when you need a little time for yourself." Auburnflare was lax in his own duties but there was no harm in downtime here and there. Although, Kestrelpaw would likely claw his ears off if she ever heard he was hanging out so casually with a Riverclan cat. Moons ago he'd chased outsiders off these rocks and now, he was entertaining the company of one from another clan. His ear flicked at the memory, realizing how self-assured he had become since then. Maybe that was the reason he now spoke so callously with this stranger.

"The rest of your tasks will be easier if you're rested. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Try it out at least, just for a moment or two?" A yawn escaped his maw as if to portray the endless comfort of such a warm and inviting stone. Sunningrocks was known for being a battle ground for endless disputes between their clans but the name also spoke of the proper use of the sprawling expanse of boulders. His tail flicked, beckoning in one last attempt to summon a companion for his extended break, "I'm Auburnflare, by the way."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: land fishing [closed]   land fishing [closed] EmptyTue 2 Apr 2024 - 16:28

Poppyshine

There was something about Auburnflare that reminded her of…someone. She couldn’t place her paw on it. Perhaps she only thought that because she was meeting him for the first time, so her brain was trying to compare him to other cats. Poppyshine left the thought behind and lifted onto her rear legs to lean up against the rock he sunned on to be closer to eye-level.

“Poppyshine,” she replied. “Auburnflare is a very pretty name. And for the record, I was upholding the borders, not simply strolling.”

Maybe it was because he was a new cat, or because he wasn’t in her clan, but she found herself relaxing a little bit. No upholding a put-together deputy. He didn’t even seem bothered by her unkempt fur (though suddenly she felt embarrassed by it.)

“Do you usually spend your days sunning out here or do you not have duties to attend to?” she asked.
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: land fishing [closed]   land fishing [closed] EmptyWed 10 Apr 2024 - 8:51

To his surprise, the she-cat's paws were before him, quickly followed by her level gaze. Auburnflare rolled onto his stomach and rested his chin onto his forepaws. He listened intently as she spoke, despite the casual flickering of his ears. It wasn't everyday that he got to entertain the company of a Riverclan cat. A slight grin wriggled it's way onto his features at the compliment of his name, as if the tom had gifted it to himself rather than it being a combination of Appledapple and Acornstar's design. Regardless, it did suit him and he was grateful for the fact she noticed.

"Mm, right. Gotta keep the borders together so dangerous cats like me stay to their own territory." He was teasing, the words were light. There was some sense of irony in the fact he was currently lounging on land owned by Riverclan but he had no intention of drawing attention to that, "Poppyshine. It suits you." The warrior echoed her name with a slight nod. He briefly wondered if once her pelt had glowed brighter but kept the thought to himself.

At her question, he snorted softly, "Believe it or not I even have my own apprentice. Irispaw has the unfortunate task of de-ticking the elders today. I do not envy her." Remembering those days, a shudder went down his spine. It was as if he could smell the repulsive aroma of mousebile like it was right under his nose. With a blink, he locked eyes with Poppyshine once more, "I'm making sure I'm well rested so when it's time for my duties, I'll be ready. I think it works. You should try it sometime." Auburnflare shrugged. Another warm smile was shot in the Riverclan cat's direction, and with a flick of his tail, another invitation.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: land fishing [closed]   land fishing [closed] EmptyMon 15 Apr 2024 - 11:39

Poppyshine

Poppyshine smiled a bit at Auburnflare’s teasing. She replied, “You hardly seem dangerous,” though even such a statement like that could not be said for certain. Poppyshine learned recently how dangerous cats that she thought as tame could be.

She paused and reluctantly pulled back, letting herself drop onto all fours again. “No…I’m afraid I have too much to do. I really can’t spend time lounging.” That was hardly becoming of a deputy to be doing, especially so soon after a huge battle. Besides, Poppyshine wasn’t sure she could lay down and just relax. That would give too much time for the thoughts she had been working to push away to come in droves all over again.
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699