Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Angels Like You[C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3221

Angels Like You[C] Empty
PostSubject: Angels Like You[C]   Angels Like You[C] EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 0:04

Everything I say is a lie, but they’re the only things keeping me alive

The day had come where he would have to teach Hedgepaw how to fight. It made his paws itch, knowing that he'd have to train her in the ways of battle... but he didn't have to. He could teach her how to defend herself. Her knowledge of fighting, and the way she obtained it, didn't have to be as... brutal as his was. That was what he told himself, anyway, in hopes that it could be true. He signalled for her to sit, and sat down opposite her, as was now their routine before every training session. He'd brief her, tell her where she went wrong the last time and what he wanted her to focus on today. It made it easy to break down tasks, and it helped him correct her accurately. If she had problems with her balance, he'd fix it on the day they were focusing on balance. He didn't have to pay attention to whether her tail was up or down, because he'd have fixed that already in a previous training session. And today, he would teach her how to fight.

"There are two important skills you must master before you can become a warrior: hunting and fighting. We've covered the basics of hunting, and now I will teach you how to use your teeth and claws to defend you and your family... you will not learn how to use them to cause harm, and I hope you will never think or attempt to do so," He began, fighting with himself to keep his gaze level with his apprentice's. The mud on his paws felt all too much like blood, and he didn't want to look down, just in case it suddenly turned red. He didn't want to see the blood on his paws. "Do you have any questions before we begin?" He prompted.

Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

Angels Like You[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels Like You[C]   Angels Like You[C] EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 16:49

Obediently Hedgepaw sat where her mentor indicated, ears swiveled forward to show her full attention. She had been a little bit uncertain of Quillsplash when he'd first been named as her mentor; his big scary form and unsmiling face had caused her wariness, coupled with her instinctive shyness and fear of the unknown. But he wasn't an unknown anymore. He was a patient teacher, and his knowledge was unique and deep. Every time he spoke, she couldn't help but listen. And when he gave her praise, it was almost as good as getting it from Mamma or her brothers. So even though it wasn't her favorite part of being an apprentice, not quite--not when it had to compete with hide-and-seek with Hawkmist, and with snowball fights with Silverhawk--she enjoyed learning from him.

Learning how to fight. That was what they'd be doing today. The part she'd never really been good at--the part she'd always worried about quietly, just a little bit. She was so small... how was she supposed to fight off the big scary things that wanted to eat her? Wolfpaw was always so much better at that. But if there was anyone she trusted to teach her, it was Quillsplash. Hedgepaw ignored the way that her stomach began squirming like a live insect, and instead focused on listening. When he mentioned defensive moves rather than harm, it soothed the vague prickling at the base of her neck. That was good--she didn't really want to hurt other cats. Just learning defense would be all she needed, right? There was no reason to worry about anything else. She'd always have her brothers to protect her. Hedgepaw nodded assent when Quillsplash finished speaking, her green eyes wide. "No," she said, "no questions." Anything she could possibly wonder would be answered when he began teaching. Everything he'd said had made sense so far, surely this would be no different. "I'm ready to learn."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

Angels Like You[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels Like You[C]   Angels Like You[C] EmptySun 17 Mar 2024 - 0:49

She was ready to learn. She was always ready to learn. Quillsplash wished Batpaw could be more like Hedgepaw, but it seemed that his second apprentice was intent on being as difficult as possible. "Alright. The first move I'll teach you is how to dodge a blow. This may save your life one day, so pay careful attention," He began, moving a few fox-lengths away from Hedgepaw so that he had space to demonstrate. "Imagine a fox's coming my way. It's aiming for my head, so I'll have to dodge it. I'll crouch down, as I might for a hunting crouch," He crouched down as he explanation, careful to explain every movement carefully, "And then I'll jump to the side, away from where the fox was aiming." He leapt to the side, careful to keep his spine straight so that he leapt forward rather than upwards. "And I'll turn on my hindlegs," He continued, turning swiftly to face where the would-be fox would have ended up, "To scratch it while it's still regaining it's balance." His paws lashed out to bat at the empty air, before he dropped down onto all fours again.

"You can skip over the last blow if you want to get used to the dodging part first. And go as slowly as you want. It's better to get it wrong now then when you're face to face with an actual fox," Quillsplash instructed, then stepped back to observe Hedgepaw. "You can ask me for a second demonstration if you want," He added, tail flicking as he waited for what she would do.

Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

Angels Like You[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels Like You[C]   Angels Like You[C] EmptyMon 18 Mar 2024 - 20:17

Hedgepaw nodded solemnly, taking in her mentor's every word. Learning to dodge moves was important. She didn't want to be taken off guard by a sudden owl attack ever again. If she'd known how to dodge, maybe she would've been able to get out of the way. Her white paws kneaded the mud beneath her as Quillsplash moved smoothly, leaping to the side in such a graceful movement that it seemed almost effortless. Her jaw dropped unconsciously. Could she learn to move like that? He'd already taught her to hunt--maybe she'd learn to dodge like that, as well. Then nothing could hit her! "Crouch... dodge to the side... turn... scratch," she repeated under her breath, hoping that saying the steps out loud would make them stick. It was more complicated than hunting, but if she could do it well, then she'd never get hit ever again. And maybe then Quillsplash would praise her again.

All right. Just pretend there's a fox, and do what he did. The small brown apprentice nodded, stepping into a clearer area that was far enough away she wouldn't run into Quillsplash. "No, I think I can try." If she did it wrong, he'd just correct her--but she'd rather try it and be wrong than sit around and watch him do it again. Odds are seeing him repeat it wouldn't help her do it better. She got the general idea, she just... needed to get the exact movement into her limbs. Looking up into the evening-dark conifers, Hedgepaw tried to imagine a giant fox coming to get her--except, she didn't know what foxes looked like. So she blinked and tried again. This time, it was the giant monster creatures that came for them at the awful journeyplace--big scary things with mouths full of teeth that even strong cats like Silverrhawk and Pineblossom had run away from. She could hardly remember the fear-repressed memory, but even just thinking of it sent a shudder through her, from the fur along her spine to the tip of her tail. Imagine it's coming right for you and you've gotta get out of the way. Mamma's not here letting you ride on her back. It's just you. She exhaled quietly, going through the movement in her head. Then, imagining a big scary paw swiping down towards her, she crouched--then sprang to the side. The movement was a bit slow and clumsy, and her own paws almost got in her way when she landed. There was no time to send another swipe, not when she had to regulate her own weight. But she had jumped to the side. It was something to work with, if nothing else. Hedgepaw turned towards Quillsplash with luminous green eyes, waiting for praise or correction.

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

Angels Like You[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels Like You[C]   Angels Like You[C] EmptyTue 9 Apr 2024 - 9:20

Hedgepaw hadn't managed to get her balance perfect in time to aim a strike, but she had managed to dodge the imaginary attack. Not bad for a first attempt, especially considering her gentle nature. "Very good," Quillsplash began, "You managed to dodge the attack-- that'll keep you alive in an actualy fight. We'll have to fix the balance part though. In an actual battle, if you're up against warriors as fast as WindClan warriors, they'll be ready for a second strike even after you dodge the first. Unfortunately, there's nothing much I can do to help you when it comes to battle moves; it's all trial and error and practise. Do keep in mind, though, which part of your execution is stopping you from getting the move right. Is it the fact that you're not aiming where you land, or that your paws move too slowly to catch your fall? Once you've gotten that figured out, you'll master the move in no time. Now, try again, and don't forget what I said."

Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

Angels Like You[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels Like You[C]   Angels Like You[C] EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024 - 11:51

Hedgepaw's eyes sparkled at the praise. When Quillsplash said she'd done well, she knew he meant it. Warmth burst in her heart for a moment. But she shook it off, listening to the instruction he gave later. Room for improvement--she knew that. Dodging was good, but she needed to strike back. Just dodging wouldn't work. Balance, trial, error, practice. Thank the stars she had a patient mentor to help her get things right. At times like these, she didn't feel too terribly jealous of Pineblossom and Fernpaw, or Silverhawk and Wolfpaw. Quietly she exhaled, considering the words he'd said. He wanted... her to figure out the problem? He wasn't going to tell her it himself? She frowned thoughtfully, tilting her head to the side. That was more difficult, but she could manage. It was probably meant to help her learn better. She would just have to do it again, and... feel where she went wrong. "Okay."

She turned again, trying to imagine once more that there was a big scary thing bearing down on her. Something that wanted to eat her. Big mouth, sharp teeth. Her muscles tensed. She jumped quickly to the side--then stumbled, her small paws almost folding beneath her. As Hedgepaw landed, she glanced down at her legs, seeing the way they trembled slightly. "I'm... tensin' too hard. I need to be lighter." If she put all her strength into the jump, there was no energy left to land correctly, much less to lash out and swipe. The small brown tabby shook out her fur and tried again. This time, she did not clench her muscles as fiercely. Imagine you can float like a cloud, away from the predator. She jumped further, landing easier on her paws. Then--quickly, right as her balance returned--she lashed out with a paw. The strike had still been a little bit slow, maybe clumsy, but with repetition she could get it! Her eyes shone, and she looked to Quillsplash again.

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

Angels Like You[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels Like You[C]   Angels Like You[C] EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024 - 5:19

Quillsplash watched in silence as confusion and hesitation flashed through his apprentice's eyes. Had he been wrong to want her to figure out the problem himself? Worry squirmed in him as she pounced, landing clumsily and nearly falling over. He got up, ready to move over and tell her he had been wrong and to help point out her mistakes as he always did, but before he could move he saw the spark of understanding light up her features. Ah... he had worried for no reason. He watched with pride as Hedgepaw first understood the problem, then tried again to fix it. And she did fix it. "Well done," He purred, amber eyes warm with pride as he regarded her. She was going to go far... wouldn't she? "We can practise that move more in the future. It takes time to master a new move, so don't worry if it's still a little hard to get used to now. For now, I'll show you a new move. It's a basic one, and one you'll use a lot. It's called the Front Paw Strike, and what you'll do is scratch your opponent once. It's mostly used to bat or scare away a smaller predator, or wound a larger one." As he finished speaking, he moved into a battle stance. He cast a glance his apprentice's way. "Watch carefully, and ask me any questions you have after," He instructed. Fast as a bird, his paws lashed out a thin air, straight at where an enemy's eyes would be, or where a fox's muzzle would be. For the sake of Hedgepaw's training, he'd let her assume it was the latter. The demonstration was over fast, but now came the part where Hedgepaw would have to try it out. He looked over at his apprentice, waiting for any questions that may come his way.

Angels Like You[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels Like You[C]   Angels Like You[C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Angels Like You[C]
Page 1 of 1