Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Time of Need [c]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

A Time of Need [c] Empty
PostSubject: A Time of Need [c]   A Time of Need [c] EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 9:13

Ripplesong
Queen | RiverClan | she/her

A cold, light rain enveloped the forest and wrapped the RiverClan camp in a swathe of mist. The harsh grip of leafbare was finally easing up, soon to be replaced with the soothing embrace of newleaf. Ripplesong was awoken from her slumber by the groaning of one of her denmates, an especially grumpy, snaggletoothed queen named Weepingwillow. The young mollie sat bolt upright in her nest, hackles raised in alarm.

"I'll get you some more poppy seeds for the pain, Weepingwillow," she told the jet-black queen, currently round and heavy with kits. Ever since retiring to the nursery, it felt like all Ripplesong did was dote on the queen, and she seemed especially unpleasant as her due date drew closer. She was relieved for a reason to leave the musty old den.

As she made her way out of the den and through the clearing, the echoes of war still haunted the camp. The clan had done their best to regain some sense of normalcy since the great battle alongside ThunderClan against SkyClan, but the scent of blood still lingered, and injured cats were confined to their nests, doubling the duties of the healthy warriors, who were constantly exhausted. The freshkill pile suffered, but at least the kits and queens wouldn't go hungry. Ripplesong made a mental note to try going fishing later - that is, if she had a chance to, with how demanding Weepingwillow was of her assistance.

Ripplesong pushed her way through the reeds that served as the entrance of the medicine den, shivering as droplets soaked into her pelt. The medicine den was dark and suffocating, filled with the mixed scents of metallic blood and the sharp tang of the herbs used to treat the injuries. Her blue eyes locked onto the small tabby-and-white form of RiverClan's medicine cat, Littlesplash.

"Littlesplash, Weepingwillow needs more... poppy seeds..." the melodic sound of the young mollie's choice trailed off as the tom turned stiffly to face her, wincing in pain. As she neared, an alarming sour scent filled her nose, and Ripplesong let out a small, nearly inaudible gasp, all thoughts of poppy seeds leaving her mind. Littlesplash is sick!

"Littlesplash, your wound -" she gently examined the bite wound, the flesh inflamed and red, heat radiating from his pelt. "-smells terrible. Is it infected? Let me help you," she offered, settling herself next to him. "Just tell me what I can do. RiverClan can't afford its only medicine cat to fall ill just now."

discord: uwubers | timezone: EST | code (c) kieer

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Sat 30 Mar 2024 - 17:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Time of Need [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Need [c]   A Time of Need [c] EmptyFri 8 Mar 2024 - 9:20

Tucked away in his own secluded corner of Riverclan's camp, Littlesplash found himself cloaked in a particularly heavy curtain of mist. The water running along the side of the den contributed to the humidity that persisted at any slight rise in temperature. He enjoyed the soft babble of the river along with the comfort of it's resources at paw's reach. It had made his slow healing process as bearable as it could be.

Given the weather, and a lack of energy to leave the den, the medicine cat had contented himself to preparing herbs in a rather monotonous manner. Keeping his paws busy helped Littlesplash to ignore the burning pain afflicting his throat at every slight movement. Despite his minimal efforts to stave off infection and some progress in healing, the little gray and white tabby's pelt still twitched with any sudden jerk or odd movement.

"Hmm?" Littlesplash's responsible purr rumbled as he turned his head towards Ripplesong. A visible wince of pain caused him to jerk back slightly before he quickly recovered. Poppy Seeds, yes, for Weepingwillow. The poor queen's pain pestered her constantly and he was happy to do whatever he could to help her find some relief. He had already shuffled his body in search of the seed when the molly surged forward to peer at the aggravated bite mark.

"Oh. Uh..." The medicine cat was flustered by her sudden closeness and his eyes dropped to the ground, like a kit who'd been caught with their paws in the middle of mischief. He looked forlorn, defeated. Littlesplash hated to think about the clan having to worry about him when he was supposed to be the one caring for them. But the truth of the words cut deeper than the fangs that had sunk into his throat. Riverclan needed their medicine cat in good health.

"Can you... help me clean it?" Littlesplash asked, finally glancing up at her with his chin still tilted downward, "I can make a poultice for it too, once it's clean. I'm... sorry, Ripplesong. You shouldn't have to deal with this."
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

A Time of Need [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Need [c]   A Time of Need [c] EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 6:45

Ripplesong

Ripplesong studied the little cat before her as he spoke, his neck stiff. Pity clawed at her stomach. Littlesplash was still very young, and he was RiverClan's only medicine cat. He didn't have an apprentice to help him yet. It must be quite the burden to carry the entire clan's well-being on your own two shoulders, she considered, though she knew Littlesplash wouldn't consider it as so.

"Yes, of course," she replied, "It is the least I can do." Without hesitation, the young spotted mollie leaned over to rasp her tongue gently across the wound. "Relax for just a moment, Littlesplash," she instructed the medicine cat, extending one paw to gently push his shoulder so that he was lying down. "Don't move." She worked at the wound, eventually clearing it of its sour taste.

It's just like cleaning a kit, she mused. Well, Littlesplash was small, but he wasn't that small. He certainly wasn't a kit, nor was he kit-sized. He was just slightly larger than the average apprentice.

Ripplesong leaned back, observing her work. The wound still looked sore and raw, but it did look slightly better. "Okay," she chirped, "let's get that poultice started, shall we?" The young queen got to her paws and glanced around the den. "Just tell me what you need and I'll get it for you. You can tell me what the herbs look like and where they are - and don't you dare move from that spot," she meowed, shooting him a warning glance, her teal blue eyes sharp as icicles just for a moment, before melting back into calming pools.

She padded around the medicine den, sniffing the various herbs that were hanging and stored, wondering which of them would be the best for infections. The herbs smelled strong and tangy, but despite its strangeness, it was a comforting scent for the brown mollie. Her eyes went to Littlesplash, expectant.

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Sat 30 Mar 2024 - 17:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Time of Need [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Need [c]   A Time of Need [c] EmptySun 17 Mar 2024 - 19:38

He felt guilty over his own lack of self-care. Clanmates had been wonderful about lending a paw and checking in, and yet, he failed basic healing on himself. Before Littlesplash could think too much about it, the queen was pushing him down with a paw. A soft oof of surprise left his maw as he settled onto the floor of the den. There was no protest in response to the soft rasp of her tongue but he did wince at the first few strokes. However, the discomfort ebbed away and the rhythm became more soothing than anything. For a moment, the medicine cat's eyes closed, resting as another cat cared for him. It was relaxing and very much so needed.

As her soft voice rang in his ears once more, Littlesplash's whiskers twitched and his eyes opened. Oh right. I have to tell her what herbs to use. He propped himself up without quite standing, certain the she-cat would only tell him to rest once more. As if reading his mind, the words spilled from her maw. Twitching his whiskers in amusement the medicine cat could only think he knew queens all too well at this point. There would be no arguing with the determination in Ripplesong's voice.

Littlesplash's mind quickly turned to herbs as he contemplated what he had and what would be best for drawing out the infection. Coming to a conclusion, he met her gaze and meowed an apology, "I'm sorry the herbs are better fresh, so you'll have to chew some of them up. Luckily the water nearby is great for getting rid of the taste." After so long, he'd merely grown accustomed to what most cats would call bitter or unpleasant. It was why he hated to ask another cat to do this for him. Ears falling back slightly, he continued, "The broad, dried oak leaves are good for mixing poultices on. They're near the front, in the shallow scoop."

Everything in the den had been meticulously sorted. Pawfuls of the earth had been dugout and flattened to create places for each pile of herbs. It would be easy for the she-cat to find. He flicked his tail uneasily at the idea of her realizing it was maintaining this system that had kept the medicine cat too busy to care for his own wound. Pushing the thought aside he outstretched a paw towards the pile of stripped bark, "Gather them all first then I'll show you how to mix it. Alder Bark, Burdock Root, and Dock should be good." With each listened herb, he gestured in the direction, careful not to speak to quickly. After a pause, Littlesplash added, "I keep crushed cob nuts next to the oak leaves. Once everything is chewed, mix them with those on the leaf, and then it can be applied to the wound."

If it weren't for the fact this was his area of expertise, the undersized tom might have hesitated more. He only caught himself after, the words rolling off his tongue like second nature, "Oh, uh, I'm sorry... I hope that isn't asking too much."
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

A Time of Need [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Need [c]   A Time of Need [c] EmptySat 30 Mar 2024 - 18:23

Ripplesong

As Ripplesong cleaned Littlesplash's wound, she noticed the little top relax beneath her gentle laps. A soft purr rumbled from deep within her chest. The queen listened carefully to the medicine cat's instructions.

"You couldn't ask too much of me," she purred. Obediently she padded towards the front of the herb stores, pulling out the thick oak leaves he mentioned, and then each herb in turn - the rough pieces of alder bark, the thick, earthy-scented burdock root, and the soft, dark green dock leaves. Once she'd gathered all the ingredients, she made sure to verify with Littlesplash that they were all, in fact, correct. It won't do to poison him instead, she mused as she began to chew up the bitter, tangy ingredients. The mollie did her best to avoid scrunching up her face at the strong tastes. While they weren't necessarily bad tastes, they were overpowering on her tongue. She was grateful when they were finally chewed into a fine poultice on the oak leaf by her paws. She ran her tongue over her lips a few times.

"That wasn't the worst thing in the world," she mewed generously as she retrieved the cobwebs. "I had my fair share of elder duty when I was an apprentice and nothing beats the foul taste of mouse bile." Her whiskers twitched as she brought the medicine to Littlesplash, dragging the oak leaf across the floor of the den and limping as cobweb wrapped around her paw. "Alright, let's see... like this?" she mewed, lifting and gently pressing the oak leaf poultice-side down onto the little tom's neck wound. "Okay... how about the cobwebs? How do I make sure it sticks to your fur?" she asked, raised up on her haunches, holding the leaf with one paw while she unwrapped the cobweb from the other.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Time of Need [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Need [c]   A Time of Need [c] EmptyWed 10 Apr 2024 - 15:04

The tom was a bit taken aback by her sentiment, however, it caused a soft smile to flicker across his features. How odd it was to be a medicine cat with another looking after you. Whatever pang of guilt had nestled itself in his chest began to ebb away at Ripplesong's remark. He could only attribute their lack of familiarity to the different paths their paws had walked, especially given the queen was newer to the nursery. However, not, he felt a sense of regret for not further investing time in his clanmates. Moments like these made him remember how quickly life had changed in a few short moons.

Ripplesong quickly, and with care, prepped the poultice. He'd opened his mouth to compliment her but the molly's melodious voice cut through the air before he had a chance. Littlesplash's whiskers twitched again, his nose as well, as she mentioned mousebile. A laugh edged it's way into his words, "No matter how many times you smell mousebile, it never gets more pleasant. I'm glad ticks feel the same way."

As she pressed the poultice in, he winced slightly at the stinging sensation as it slowly melted into a soothing cool. With a deep breath, Littlesplash nodded. Maybe in another life she would have been a good medicine cat herself. Now, here came the tricky part, "Press down slowly with the cobwebs as you unravel them so they'll stick to the fur. It takes a delicate paw but I know you can do it." An encouraging smile lit his features and his eyes were noticeably brighter than before. Littlesplash hadn't realized how much he needed a moment like this, a moment to breathe.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

A Time of Need [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Need [c]   A Time of Need [c] EmptySat 20 Apr 2024 - 11:46

Ripplesong

The young queen's whiskers twitched at the tom's remarks and she nodded at his instructions. It takes a delicate paw... She gently and slowly worked at the cobweb, pressing it gently against the poultice. "Thank you," she mewed as she worked. "Maybe in another life, I could have made a decent medicine cat," she half-joked, mirroring his earlier thoughts.

It would have been a good life, she pondered, working alongside Littlesplash in the medicine den like this, taking care of the clan. Much better than training for moons to become a warrior and then giving it all up. She imagined the faces of her littermates and parents who had died during the journey through the mountains. Many nights Ripplesong spent sleepless, wondering why she was the only one allowed to survive. StarClan can sure be funny.

She shook away the thoughts and continued unraveling the cobweb, little by little, over the wound. Finally, it was fully covered. She let out a soft sigh and pressed the webs into the tom's fur, then withdrew.

"How's that feel?" she asked with a tilt of her head.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Time of Need [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time of Need [c]   A Time of Need [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time of Need [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp :: RiverClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: