Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

go for the ankles [c - sc move topic]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2974

go for the ankles [c - sc move topic] Empty
PostSubject: go for the ankles [c - sc move topic]   go for the ankles [c - sc move topic] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 16:47

Cherish

Leopardstar was a wonderful cat that Cherish enjoyed spending her time with. She always worked so hard with everything in her clan, and that continued even now. Leopardstar had requested to learn one of the skills that Cherish’s group had shown off and Cherish jumped at the opportunity to teach it.

“Now because we both have little ones waiting for us, I didn’t think it would be appropriate to go and get an actual hunter to practice on,” Cherish said. “So instead we’ll just practice it here in camp. The way the move works is you jump at the legs of the predator and you bite right onto the soft squishy bits.” With a gentle paw, she tapped against the tendons on the back of Leopardstar’s legs. “About here. If you move quick and bite down fast enough, you leave them a little dizzy and they don’t hit quite as hard for a few seconds. That can be a big difference, especially against something big!”

She stepped back and stood tall. “I’m not as big as most predators, but try and use it on me. See if you can find the right place to bite down. I won’t be offended.”
Temp SC Plot NPC • Scout • She/Her • 60 | 130 • #ff9933
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
[Not Pictured]

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6059

PostSubject: Re: go for the ankles [c - sc move topic]   go for the ankles [c - sc move topic] EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 1:24

i've given up on counting blessings

Leopardstar regarded Cherish with a bit of concern, even as she expressed that they wouldn't be fighting predators--a fair concern, and probably a necessary precaution; she could feel herself getting a little bit strained at being confined mostly to the camp and primarily the nursery. She loved her kits dearly, of course, but she had always been a warrior at heart.

"An understandable precaution, considering," she nodded. "Though are you sure you want me to attack you?"

Still, she didn't wait long, following the instructions she was given. She was careful not to bite too hard, not wanting to injure someone she'd come to consider a friend: sharing a camp, and indeed, sharing the nursery with Cherish had only caused fondness and curiosity on her part. The traveling cats were odd, but they were kind, and they had shared their skills and knowledge freely.

And while she had her reservations about attacking Cherish, even in a spar-adjacent situation, practicing those skills in a more controlled setting was certainly a good idea. It was good to learn things in theory as well as in practice.

"Like this?"

Leopardstar used Ankle Biter on Cherish, dealing 8 (+2 from Star Striker) damage and costing 30 SP! Ankle Biter doesn't affect other cats, but if Cherish were a predator, she would deal halved damage for 2 turns!

Cherish
50/60 HP (-10)
130/130 SP

Leopardstar
80/80 HP
140/170 SP
the gods can judge me when i'm dead || code (c) kieer

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1

Last edited by Holly on Sat 23 Mar 2024 - 12:30; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15112

PostSubject: Re: go for the ankles [c - sc move topic]   go for the ankles [c - sc move topic] EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 1:24

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

go for the ankles [c - sc move topic] Mistpe10
go for the ankles [c - sc move topic] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: go for the ankles [c - sc move topic]   go for the ankles [c - sc move topic] EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 21:31

Cherish

Cherish prepared herself for Leopardstar’s attack. She had anticipated the spotted cat to move swiftly, but the speed and grace that she did move was impressive. Leopardstar was beneath her in only a moment and then biting at her ankles. It did little more than sting, but Cherish still squeaked in surprise before it turned into laughter. She looked back at Leopardstar and grinned. “Yes, that’s right! If you bite down with full strength like that against something like those dogs from last moon, then you’ll really make them stumble.”

She shifted so the both of them could stand properly and then she shook out her pelt to make the tingling sensation around her ankle dissipate. “You moved so quickly! No wonder you’re the leader for this place. You fight spectacularly even when just sparring.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
[Not Pictured]

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: go for the ankles [c - sc move topic]   go for the ankles [c - sc move topic] EmptyTue 12 Mar 2024 - 13:07

Leopardstar purred at the praise, but hummed at the words. "I wouldn't say my skill as a warrior is what led me to being our leader," she shook her head. "If I had to guess, I'd say it's more the way I was raised that taught me to fight like this. Things were harsher then, more than they are now."

She stretched a bit as Cherish indicated the sparring section of their meeting was more or less over.

"I'm only leader because my predecessor thought I would be a good choice." Then, with a hint of amusement: "Though by the end I think he had his doubts about that."

Last edited by Holly on Sat 23 Mar 2024 - 12:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: go for the ankles [c - sc move topic]   go for the ankles [c - sc move topic] EmptyMon 18 Mar 2024 - 19:07

Cherish

Cherish tilted her head, a bit confused as to why Leopardstar would deflect the compliment. Then again, she was confused about much, including the leadership of this place, which is something she was unused to with her own group. Regardless, she said, “Well you may have been chosen, but you are still the leader. If your group hated you being leader I’m sure they would have done something about it. So I would say you are still a good leader. Your fighting skills are just a plus.” She sat down, content that Leopardstar made quick use of the move. “Who was your predecessor? I think you’ve made mention of him a couple of times though not by name. Is he not around any longer?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
[Not Pictured]

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: go for the ankles [c - sc move topic]   go for the ankles [c - sc move topic] EmptySat 23 Mar 2024 - 12:52

"Nightstalker. Nightstar, once," she explained. "But Nightstalker again, by the end. He chose me to serve as his deputy, for what reason exactly I don't think I'll ever know. For a time I thought he was the leader we needed, but his pride and ego blinded him."

Her voice was soft when she continued. "They blinded me, as well. I gave him too many second chances, I didn't stand up when I first should have. I didn't... I should have done everything differently. I would go back and change it if I could, but there's no sense dwelling on it now. The past is past, the dead are buried; we must press on and focus on those who are still living."

Hadn't that been her philosophy, so long ago? The one she had sworn herself to, over and over, the one that she seemed to forget with every new grave she felt the need to visit?

Her smile was bitter, as was the quiet laugh that escaped her. "I believed in him more than almost anyone else, right up until I couldn't anymore. We ousted him from leadership as a Clan; and I took my place. He stuck around for a time, but vanished in the midst of battle... Dead in any way that matters, at least to me. Even if he wasn't leader any longer, he was still a warrior, and in the end he turned his back on the Clan he swore an oath to protect."

She sighed. "He was stubborn, and he was proud, and he was angry. He left us a traitor. But there was a time before that, where I really do believe he was a good warrior."

The most pressing concern wasn't one she had the courage to voice.

And sometimes I wonder--do I only seem like a good leader because it was always him or Sablestrike I was standing next to?

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: go for the ankles [c - sc move topic]   go for the ankles [c - sc move topic] EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 21:36

Cherish

From the sound of things, Leopardstar had gone through a lot just to get to where she was today. It was a bit hard or Cherish to imagine who this Nightstalker-star was and what he was like, but Leopardstar made him sound like a not-good cat. It sounded like she had held onto a lot of things in her heart for so long as they spilled out now. Cherish didn’t mind; she was honored that Leopardstar felt safe enough to voice all these things to her.

“You have gone through much,” Cherish said. “No wonder there is so much on your mind always…But I would not hold much concern. Those that hold too much worries will grow knots in their own fur. Steadfast was that way once—he still is, in a way, but not as badly. I tried to teach him how to relax and he’s done better now. He actually understands how to enjoy a good sunspot time and again.” She smiled at Leopardstar. “You are doing well, even despite the pains of the past. I hope you don’t forget how to relax in the sun too, Miss Star of Leo.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
[Not Pictured]

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: go for the ankles [c - sc move topic]   go for the ankles [c - sc move topic] Empty

Back to top Go down

go for the ankles [c - sc move topic]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp-
Jump to: