Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i can see the monster [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

i can see the monster [c] Empty
PostSubject: i can see the monster [c]   i can see the monster [c] EmptySat 2 Mar 2024 - 19:34

In the weeks that followed the war, he'd tried not to notice the way the clan still looked at him. They regarded Sunfire like he was some raging, untrustworthy monster. It was something he tried not to take personally, because they hadn't been there, they didn't know. But try as he might, the bitterness had still crept in, and there it had sat, festering and thriving until, in the darkest moments, it was all he felt. They don't trust you. You've done everything in your power to protect them and they despise you for it. Did they not know that he'd killed for them? That he'd nearly died for them? Or did they just not care, because the thought of blood and death and destruction was too messy, even when it kept the peace they so desperately sought?

Patrols were something he had begun to dread, especially now that it was Honeydew organizing them. But he rarely went out of his way to make conversation, anyway, and most were content to leave it that way, so it wasn't too bad. There was the rare occasion where Mintglade accompanied him, or his mother did, or Stormwatcher, and those generally were the patrols he looked forward to, but tonight, by some stroke of luck, it was Shatteredsky, and he'd been waiting to get his nephew alone for nearly half a moon.

The two toms had been walking in icy silence since they left the camp, but when they were a decent enough distance from camp, for once, Sunfire was the one to break the silence. "You threatened my mother." He said, simply. His tone wasn't accusatory, or venomous... just matter of fact - he wanted to see how the young warrior would respond... because the way this patrol would end heavily depended on his answer.
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3221

PostSubject: Re: i can see the monster [c]   i can see the monster [c] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 6:50

I don’t feel sorry for what I have done; I feel sorry for the people who do

Shatteredsky padded beside Sunfire in a silence that was colder than the frozen river. He did not wish to speak, not to Sunfire or any of his clanmates, all of which had stood by and done nothing when Wolfblossom had put his sister, his darling sister, in danger time and time again, and continued to do so with every passing heartbeat that she refused to let Honeydew step down. It made his blood boil, and he seriously considered killing his supposed leader more than once.

To his surprise, Sunfire was the one to break the silence, uttering only a statement that was neither accusatory nor friendly. What was he meant to make of it anyway? Shatteredsky's gaze narrowed at the choice of words, and without even a heartbeat of hesitation, he returned in an equally unfeeling manner, "Her choices put my sister in danger." Whatever Sunfire wanted to do with his answer, Shatteredsky couldn't care less, and if his patrolmate wished to start a fight, he'd gladly shred his other ear for him.

Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: i can see the monster [c]   i can see the monster [c] EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 18:47

To break the tension, Sunfire stepped off the path and stood on his hind legs against a tree trunk. Sharp claws dragged down, splintering pieces of bark and leaving furrows where it came off in small chunks. It was a suboptimal way of marking the border, but the instinct to put a little bit of distance between himself and Shatteredsky - though for whose safety was still in question - was enough of an excuse to do so. His nephew had responded without any sort of time to think about his answer, and Sunfire could feel the anger that radiated off of him. It made his hackles want to spike, it made him want to fight, but Shatteredsky was a clanmate, not an enemy... and it would hurt SkyClan if he were to die or get run off.

"Wolfblossom didn't assign that battle patrol," he said shortly, turning and letting his front half fall heavily back to the ground. Yellow eyes studied Shatteredsky as he considered his next words. "Birdstar did. And now she's dead."

He blinked, one ear twisting back. "But you're right... Honeydew never should have been on that patrol. She isn't made out of the same stuff that you and I are. I should have listened, when you told me that the first time." He thought back to the training session he'd done with Falconmoon's kits when they were all apprentices, how Shatteredsky had challenged him then. "It should have been you."

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i can see the monster [c]   i can see the monster [c] EmptyFri 8 Mar 2024 - 3:48

Shatteredsky remained silent, watching his uncle through unreadable eyes as he marked the border, making no move to join him or do anything else but watch idly. His ear twitched at Sunfire's response, and he replied in the same stony tone as before, "Wolfblossom may not have chosen that patrol, but she stood by and let Honeydew get chosen, despite being able to stop Birdstar. Don't defend a cat who did nothing to protect her clanmates when that was her only job." Yes, Birdstar was dead, as was Beechfang, but Honeydew was still injured, wasn't she? It didn't matter if the culprits were killed, the wounds were still there. It didn't change anything, just like how Mottlestar's passing didn't make ThunderClan any less of an enemy.

Well, he had not been expecting Sunfire to admit fault like that. He had thought the tom too proudful, but now as he regarded the cream tabby once more he realised that Sunfire was far more protective of his Clan's pride than his own. What an odd thing to be, so proudful and yet not at all. Well, Sunfire had just admitted fault, so Shatteredsky supposed he could put the past behind them.

"Our clanmates are not the same as us. I realised that when I tried training Myrtlebloom. The utter lack of care for her ability to do anything properly before making her a warrior means that SkyClan's warriors are easily incompetent for their rank. Honeydew and Myrtlebloom should still be apprentices-- they don't have the nerve or the skill to fight off a proper warrior,"
Shatteredsky's lips curled back into a snarl, "Your attempt at training the apprentices are of good intention, Sunfire, but they will achieve nothing. Not even six moons could allow me to do anything with my apprentice, a one-time training session with a group of apprentices will show even less results. A word of advice, Sunfire: find out who has the guts to kill. That's who will serve their Clan properly." Any cat who wouldn't do even the bare minimum could leave SkyClan; they weren't accepting of weaklings here. Wolfblossom could preach about peace all she wanted, but should any of his clanmates step out of line he'd maim them himself. Wolfblossom's judgement was clearly not trustworthy.

Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: i can see the monster [c]   i can see the monster [c] EmptySun 10 Mar 2024 - 20:10

He had to fight the urge to roll his eyes as Shatteredsky blamed Wolfblossom again, but he couldn't help but halfheartedly agree that, had his mother spoken up, Birdstar would probably have listened. It would be counterintuitive to mention that out loud, though, so Sunfire just nodded along as his nephew continued, marking the border while they walked along, keeping an ear out for any intruders.

They remained unbothered, however, which Sunfire was thankful for especially as Shatteredsky aired out his grievances about SkyClan's current state. It wasn't necessarily a shock to him, that his clanmate thought this way... in some aspects, Shatteredsky reminded Sunfire of himself... except that for whatever reason, the younger tom's devotion didn't extend any further than his sister. It was a shame... because it made him a threat, if he wasn't willing to cooperate.

Another few moments passed between them before Sunfire spoke again. "I tried. But you can't teach someone who doesn't want to learn. You can't make a killer out of everyone... and there is a place in the clan for... softer cats... just not in war." He wouldn't begrudge a cat whose calling was purely to hunt, or taking care of kits and elders and the sick. But those cats also would never belong on a battlefield, because they were a liability. They got clanmates killed.

"The problem is, most of the clan does not feel the same way. Their Code is too precious to them. It blinds them to the truth of it." Sunfire shook his head, weariness shining in his gaze. "But those that do feel the same way... those of us who are willing to get our paws dirty... we need to work together to protect the ones we love - even if it's not what they want." He paused, taking a moment to look over and catch Shatteredsky's eye as he deliberated whether or not to continue. He wanted the other tom's help, but if there was anything that Shatteredsky had proven, it was that he was unpredictable, and Sunfire was wary of how he would react to his proposal. Brow furrowed, Sunfire slicked his ears back, taking a quick breath.

"ThunderClan and RiverClan may have achieved their goal in killing Beechfang, but they won't stop there... not now that so much blood has been spilled. They'll come for us again." His eyes sharpened. "Unless we get to them first, and make a statement they can't ignore." He leaned forward, voice serious and genuine. "We can stop anyone else from getting hurt, if we work together. Wolfblossom won't like it, probably. Neither will Honeydew. But someone has to lead the clan into safety. It should be us." He blinked, shaking the tension from his shoulders. "I saw the warrior that hurt Honeydew. I can help you find her. And hurt her... unless you want the sole pleasure, of course."

Sunfire sank his claws into the cold ground. "We will have to maintain some level of subtly, however... I'm afraid there will be enough obstacles without having to worry about our own clanmates' interference."
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i can see the monster [c]   i can see the monster [c] EmptyTue 12 Mar 2024 - 8:31

Shatteredsky let Sunfire speak, scoffing to himself when the tom spoke about the war not being a place for soft-hearted cats. "And yet, the Code that they hold do dear expects them to fight battle after battle. Their very life is dedicated to fighting and serving their Clan. I'm sorry, Sunfire, but there isn't an option of avoiding war. We can't have half the Clan be medicine cats and queens, so just give up on finding an excuse for these cats to not learn one of the only two skills they need: hunting and fighting," He snapped at the older tom, tail lashing with irritation.

But whatever expression that was on his face was swiftly wiped off into a blank expression that hid burning rage behind an intense gaze. "You know the warrior who hurt Honeydew?" He echoed, gaze boring into Sunfire's with the intensity of a small fire. The monster that had drew it's claws all over his sister's pelt and scored it for life over the flea-ridden pelt of a cat who was long-overdue her death? At what, the command of their mouse-brained leader? So this was a deal; Sunfire got what he wanted, which was protecting SkyClan, for whatever reason that he wanted to, and Shatteredsky got to avenge his littermate. For once, Shatteredsky was listening. "So you wish to attack a ThunderClan warrior?" He confirmed, keeping his voice low so as to not let it carry over the border. His heart hammered in his chest; whatever ill feelings he had towards Sunfire, it hardly mattered now, not when what he wanted was just within his reach.

Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: i can see the monster [c]   i can see the monster [c] EmptyTue 12 Mar 2024 - 9:25

At first, it didn't seem like the other warrior was interested in what Sunfire was pitching, and the yellow tom steeled his gaze, deliberating on the likelihood of someone asking questions if he returned to camp from this patrol alone. He was confused at Shatteredsky's stance... the young tom insisted that there was no place in the clan for softer, non battle-inclined cats, and yet his dear sister, the one he so zealously guarded, was one in the same. Where did he think that Honeydew would fit, in this very black and white world he was building? But it wasn't something Sunfire had any interest in explaining.

His nephew did perk up when he mentioned the ThunderClan warrior, though. Sunfire smiled. "Attack. Maim. Kill. It's all the same to me," he said with the shrug of a shoulder. "The way I see it, all of ThunderClan - and RiverClan - should pay for what they did. Invading our territory, injuring our clanmates - injuring Honeydew, of all cats... no, she didn't deserve that."

Yellow eyes flashed in the sunlight as Sunfire stared up through the trees. "I'll help you get your revenge - to whatever extent you desire, Shatteredsky. All I ask in return is that we work together, to guarantee the safety of the clan. It will be bloody, there will be death. But I don't think that's something either of us is terribly opposed to. In the end, SkyClan will be safe. Honeydew will be safe. What do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i can see the monster [c]   i can see the monster [c] EmptyTue 12 Mar 2024 - 21:14

"She didn't," Shatteredsky agreed, surprised that Sunfire for once could see what he meant. Sure, the older tom was probably just name dropping his sister to get him to cooperate, but it was true, wasn't it? He straightened himself, meeting Sunfire's gaze with a steely expression. "For Honeydew, I'd give the world. You have a deal, Sunfire."

PostSubject: Re: i can see the monster [c]   i can see the monster [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

i can see the monster [c]
Page 1 of 1