Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Where To Go From Here [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice
Number of posts : 710

Where To Go From Here [C] Empty
PostSubject: Where To Go From Here [C]   Where To Go From Here [C] EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 11:03

Hemlockfox

Hemlockfox had been dreading this conversation for moons now, but the weight of his secret was almost too much to handle. He'd shared the news with precious few cats and now that one of them was dead, he could tell that his time was running out. Birdstar's murder had come as a shock not only to him, but all of SkyClan as well. She had left the day of the battle with, supposedly, plenty of lives to spare and yet, it hadn't been enough to save her from Perchstar's brutal fangs. RiverClan's leader was a brute and a killer but, worse than that, she was a hypocrite. She marched upon them for the sake of taking a life and, with her own claws, had taken two. 

In seeking revenge for a crime committed seasons ago, she'd turned herself into the very thing she seemed to loathe so deeply. With a shake of his head, the medicine cat turned around, dismissing the sour thoughts. Blue eyes landed on Bubblebeam's gray coat - right - she was the reason he'd trekked all the way out to the moonlit creek. His sister was much quieter than the days before the war...and that was saying something. Even then, she'd been reserved, anxious. His tail lashed at the thought, the realization that it had all began with Sunfire's accursed hunting patrol onto ThunderClan territory all those moons ago.

She had been so bright before, like a beacon of light, and now, she'd been resorted to...this. With a sigh, Hemlockfox flicked his tail once, regretting the news he had to share with his beloved sister. It would be like claws in her heart, he knew this, but there seemed to be little he could do now. Things with their father were tense and he'd given up trying to reason with the tom. "Bubblebeam..." He began, his voice resigned. "I love you so much and I wish I knew how to make things right." He stepped closer to her, searching her gaze for some sign of how to proceed, how to break the news to her, but found nothing.

Taking a deep breath, he continued. "You've been so strong already, and it's not fair that everything seems to be flipping upside down." He dug his claws into the earth, looking stubbornly at the ground now. "I...I have something to tell you and I want you to try not to be angry with me, okay?" The words 'try not to be angry' were almost always wasted, especially when what came next was something very deserving of anger, but he tried anyway.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Where To Go From Here [C]   Where To Go From Here [C] EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 19:08

The Moonlit Creek. One of Bubblebeam's favorite areas in the territory. To be brought here with her brother, just to spend time, seemed to good to be true... and so she couldn't help the burgeoning suspicion in the very pit of her stomach. She ought to have been happy to spend time with him--and she was! He hardly talked to her anymore; most of her family members were often too busy these days. Being medicine cat was a hard job, she knew, but she'd missed him. She'd missed him. Normally she would chatter his ear off, ask all kinds of questions about herbs and patients and how he'd been doing. But after the war... after the deaths... the somber air that surrounded all of SkyClan was just impossible to shake. It seemed to be weighing down on Hemlockfox, too. Or was there a different reason for the worry deep inside those blue eyes of his? She never knew. She used to know what he was thinking all the time, but... she just couldn't read him anymore. The realization felt like swallowing a stone. Heavy; uncomfortable.

At least the territory was better than camp, marginally. Less lingering scent of blood. Less worry of interruption. She ought to have been more scared when she was out, worried about an enemy patrol... but she wasn't, for some reason. The stifling air of "home" was more unbearable than anything else. So Bubblebeam tried to push down the emptiness and uncomfortable realizations she'd been having and enjoy the gentle, quiet, freezing leaf-bare breeze. But finally, when they got further, Hemlockfox turned to her. His worry was still palpable, thick in the air around them. No... was worry the right word?

Why did he sound so resigned? She should have been happy to hear those words. How long had it been since she'd heard someone say that word, "love?" It felt as if the air around her was constricting, squeezing tighter. Bubblebeam spoke past the sudden dryness of her throat. "I love you too, Bearbear. Always have. But, what's... what's this about?" His next words didn't inspire confidence either. Calling her strong only soured the bile rising past her tongue further. Strong? She was anything but. She was weak, and that must have been why Sunfire had been ignoring her. She hated battle. She hid from her own father when he snarled and raged. But... what was this? She couldn't help but frown, feeling her brow furrow, feeling her pelt prickle in a mixture of trepidation and concern. "Angry? When have I ever been angry with you? Why would... why do you say that?" It was so odd to see him like this. Fear joined the waves of worry rolling off of his pelt.

No, that wasn't right. It wasn't worry. It was guilt.

But what on earth would he have to feel guilty about? This could mean nothing good. Bubblebeam almost wanted to turn back around and forget that he'd ever invited her out here--but no, she was tired of being useless. She was tired of knowing nothing. Her back straightened in resolve, despite the churning of her stomach. "Bear... Hemlock. Tell me."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Where To Go From Here [C]   Where To Go From Here [C] EmptyWed 6 Mar 2024 - 13:17

Hemlockfox

Hemlockfox almost flinched at the mention of his old name, the reminder like sharp thorns in his flesh. Bear. That was who he used to be. Cunning, bloodthirsty, loyal, but he wasn't that cat anymore. He was a fraud - pretending to be SkyClan's devoted medicine cat when he was to be leaving them soon. All signs pointed to his inevitable departure despite the lengths he had gone to in order to ensure he would be allowed to stay. But, maybe he could make the most of this turn of events...maybe...he could take Bubblebeam away from all of this chaos in SkyClan.

Swallowing thickly, he stepped closer to the gray she-cat, gaze locked firmly on the scar over her eye. What made him think that he had any right to worry about her safety when he'd failed her before? The day she'd been given that scar, he'd been too preoccupied with his own battle to pay any attention to her at all. However, he'd never be in that position again - claws unsheathed and ripping into another cat's skin. He was a healer, a protector, he could keep her safe now. 

Right now, though, he was only making her fear worse. She clearly wanted to know despite the lingering concern in her face, though, so he nodded. Heaving a deep breath, the brown and white medicine cat settled down beside Bubblebeam and rested his head atop hers comfortingly. "I-" He broke off, struggling to find the words, then sighed. "Starclan shared news with me a...little bit ago." He meowed eventually. "I shared their prophecy with Birdstar but now that she's gone...I needed to tell someone else. Someone I can trust."  

Hemlockfox shuffled his paws uncomfortably as he spoke of Birdstar, feeling as though he'd swallowed a ton of rocks. She had at least tried to save him from Starclan's path for him. Unlike Sunfire, who seemed to have forgotten about his disappointing son. Especially now that there were plenty of little kits for him to sculpt and mold into fierce warriors. Why worry about the lowly medicine cat, right? With a snort, he slumped heavily against Bubblebeam, letting his head drop to her shoulder instead. "Starclan has apparently decided that I'm to be WindClan's medicine cat. That was why they chose two medicine cat apprentices. I've run out of time and can't seem to find a solution...I don't think there is one - even Sunfire gave up on me."

Everything felt so heavy upon his shoulders. He didn't want to leave SkyClan or his family, but maybe, just maybe, he could convince some of his kin to travel with him to the moor. They would undoubtedly be safer than they ever would be in SkyClan, especially with him to keep an eye on them, but would anyone be willing to part with their home? Hemlockfox frowned, waiting for Bubblebeam's response before he said anything else. He couldn't promise that Tigerstar would even allow him to bring anyone with him, so he kept his mouth shut.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Where To Go From Here [C]   Where To Go From Here [C] EmptyThu 7 Mar 2024 - 19:43

Bubblebeam was prepared for him to speak--but she wasn't prepared for him to come closer, to rest his head on hers in a gesture of brotherly closeness. How long had it been since they'd spoken like this--since she'd even been this physically near him? How bad was what he had to say, that he felt the need to do this? She bit her tongue to brace herself, but she couldn't help instinctively leaning into Hemlockfox. He was so sturdy, so strong. Surely they wouldn't grow apart. Whatever it was he had to say... they could deal with it together, couldn't they? She just had to hope. She just had to stay silent and hope.

Then... he spoke.

What he said at first just sounded like words, disconnected from any kind of meaning. Prophecy. Birdstar. ...WindClan?

But then, as they fell into sentences and pierced through her ears, she felt her stomach plummet. Shock made her fur prickle uncomfortably. "You... you're leaving?" she whispered, disbelief heavy in her voice. The words didn't sound real, even saying them aloud. All that time they struggled to stay together--journeying to the lake and back, finding Ploverpaw, dealing with the war--and now he had to leave? He'd said other things, too. He'd mentioned details, caveats, but she couldn't focus on a single one of them. She stepped back, seeking his gaze for any hint of explanation. This couldn't be a joke, could it? He had a sick sense of humor if it was. "You really have to go? All the way to WindClan? That's... We don't even share a border with them. You'd be so far. Just because StarClan said so? And Birdstar was okay with this? Was she the only one you told? No, you told Sunfire and he doesn't even care? How could he not care? Are his new kits all he needs now? Wait, how long ago did you find this out? Have you known this whole time and that's why you aren't talking to me anymore? Why just tell me know? Does Gramma Wolfblossom know? Is there any way you can just stay?" The questions fell from her tongue, thick and fast and without stopping, in some semblance of how they used to when she was younger. Except now each one left answerless stabbed harshly at the softness in her chest. None of them were even that important, were they, if the answer to everything was that Hemlockfox was leaving her.

Though she tried to stay strong, Bubblebeam felt the corners of her eyes start to sting. Before she could stop them, tears started to roll down the corners of her cheeks. At least Sunfire wasn't here to see how weak she was being. But she couldn't help herself. Her siblings, one of the few reasons she even got out of her nest in the morning any more, leaving her. "You can't be serious. I mean, you've never joked before. But that's what you came to say? The first time you really talk to me in moons and you say you're leaving? That--that can't be it. That can't be it. Please say that's not just it. I know things are bad here, but as long as I was with you and Plover and Sorrel I could make it work. How am I supposed to make it work if you're gone?" The tears fell a little bit faster now, and she couldn't quite stop them. She couldn't even feel that mad at Hemlockfox even though she should have been, even though that was what he had been worried about. He had told her not to be angry. But she wasn't angry; she was devastated. "Is that it? Is that all you wanted to say? You're just--you're just going to leave me? Leave us?" Crying wasn't going to help. She knew that. Frustrated with her hiccuping words, with the whole situation, she lashed her tail behind her. But what was she supposed to say to this? She couldn't say anything else. She just locked her eyes with Hemlockfox, pleading with him to say something, anything--some kind of solution to this. She couldn't be without her siblings. Not anymore. Not after Ploverpaw. Not after the war.

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Where To Go From Here [C]   Where To Go From Here [C] EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 22:18

Hemlockfox

Hemlockfox swallowed painfully around the lump in his throat, gaze averted guiltily as Bubblebeam processed everything. She was right to feel angry and betrayed. It wasn't fair of him to pull her aside for the first time in moons for what she'd thought was an innocent outing just to spring this on her. The guilt of keeping it a secret all this time had been eating away at him from the inside out, but he couldn't bring himself to tell her. Not until he was sure. He'd only told Sunfire because he'd been certain his father wouldn't rest until everything was set right. For a while, he'd believed the golden warrior when he said it would all be okay. What a load of Mousedung that had turned out to be. Now, he was much too preoccupied to even remember the promises he'd made. 

How could he have expected anything different, though? Sunfire had certainly cared about him and his littermates once upon a time, but Hemlockfox wasn't so sure he even remembered they existed most of the time. Honestly, he could handle being forgotten just fine, but the moment it affected his sisters was when Hemlockfox began to lose his patience with Sunfire. And now, to top off their father's behavior, he was dropping news like this. He remained silent as Bubblebeam rambled, unable to find the words that would make everything better. Were there even words that could fix a situation like this? He'd never been very good with words and, frankly, he doubted that he would start now. Maybe not ever, really.

Finally, once it seemed as though Bubblebeam had grown exhausted, he lifted his gaze and felt his heart squeeze at the sight of tears dripping from his sister's face. She was upset, no, heartbroken. He'd never seen her look like this - shattered. Even after Juniperheart, who they'd never been very close to. Even when the battle party returned with Birdstar and Beechfang's bodies. Sadness, fear, sure...but not absolute devastation. Hemlockfox's jaw clenched.

She felt like this because of him. 

He was supposed to protect his family, but he was letting them down.

"Bubblebeam..." He began, voice wavering. "I-I don't want to leave anyone. I tried for moons to find a way out, but Sunfire gave up and Birdstar only wanted to do what StarClan thought was best. I tried to tell Wolfblossom once, but I was..." he hesitated, expression a mixture of fury and sadness, then eventually spit it out. "Scared. Okay? I was scared that she would side with StarClan and send me away. I thought I could just ignore it - that maybe everyone would forget, but I was wrong."

Panic glittered in Hemlockfox's bright blue eyes and he stared pleadingly at Bubblebeam, aching for her to understand or at the very least forgive him. She had to. Or, at least, she couldn't be mad at him forever, he was her brother! "I shouldn't have kept it from you, from everyone, but I didn't want to worry you! Things have been so...complicated already. I just thought I could fix it on my own." He inched closer to Bubblebeam, an almost frantic hopefulness behind his eyes. It would be okay, right? He wouldn't know what to do if she hated him after this.

"B-But-" Hemlockfox went on, a frightened edge to his voice. "I promise I won't give up. I may have to leave you, but it won't be forever, Bubblebeam. I promise I'll find a way to be with you all again." His ears slicked back and he frowned. "StarClan may not let me come back, but I would do anything to keep us all together. If not in SkyClan, then in WindClan." He finished, tail lashing as the words tumbled from his jaws.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Where To Go From Here [C]   Where To Go From Here [C] EmptyThu 14 Mar 2024 - 20:05

Don't be angry. She wasn't angry. She was... lost. Her entire world fallen down in pieces around her paws, the last dead brown leaf drifting from a tree. She'd held on so long, and for this? For this? For one of the few things she still had to be taken away? Bubblebeam hated crying. The way that damp tear-tracks formed through her soft fur, trickling down and dripping off of her chin into the soft fur of her chest. The sniffling breaths she had to take in order to force back the choking need to sob. The way it made her scar sting when the salt met its claw-curve. More than anything, the way it reinforced everything wrong with her. Her weakness--her softness--her lack of ability to control herself. Even worse was when she blinked her eyes free, tried to see through her swimming vision, she saw the look on Hemlockfox's face. Even as upset as she was, she never wanted to be the cause of her brother's pain. But the way his jaw tightened was her fault. The way his ears pinned slightly back was her fault.

Even in his sadness, Hemlockfox was angry. Usually she'd never understood his rage at the world--but this time, he was justified. The stars were trying to rip apart what little family bonds the two of them had left. Forgotten by their father, long-since abandoned by their mother, the ties of brother and sister were all that was left. She'd clung to them with all the energy in her tired limbs, but to feel them slip away was more than she could bear. And apparently, Hemlockfox felt the same. In her moments of whirling shock and anguish, she'd been so caught up in her own feelings to think about his. Now she noticed the fury in his voice that held a deeper devastation, one echoed in the screaming recesses of her own hollowed heart. He didn't want this. Of course he didn't. Neither of them did. None of them did. Stars, stars... what would Sorrel and Plover think? No. She shoved that thought out of her mind. That would only make things worse.

Though the tears would not stop no matter what she did, she did manage to quiet herself and listen. Listen to Hemlockfox's words, let them cut through the cascading agony, hold onto them out of a desperate hope that any of them could help. The panic in his eyes shot through her like a physical pain, reminding her once again that her overreaction had caused this. He still loved her. He hadn't kept it from her because he'd forgotten, like Sunfire--he had simply been afraid. Of course he had; who wouldn't be afraid when the stars tore them away from their home no matter what? Some other emotion--still painful, but less so--cut through the foggy mess of her mind. Love. Before she could stop herself, Bubblebeam stepped forward. She pressed her forehead to her brother's in a gesture of affection and solidarity. Careful not to let her tears dampen his pelt, but showing him with the words she could not muster that she loved him. She loved him and stars, that was why it hurt so badly. "It's okay. Hemlock, it's okay. I'm not mad. I still love you." Shakily she managed to breathe out reassurances, past the tightening of her throat. "I understand. Okay? I'm here now."

"StarClan may not let me come back, but I would do anything to keep us all together. If not in SkyClan, then in WindClan."

Those words stuck out among the rest. Around the terrified platitudes and pleading, Hemlockfox's declaration of care and determination. The one thing that managed to stop the way that the seams around her heart were beginning to pull apart. Anything to keep them together. Anything to keep them together. Dimly, Bubblebeam realized that she felt the same. SkyClan came second to her family--they always had. Once she'd naively believed that the two could remain at equal priorities, or that one was synonymous with the other, but that wasn't the case any longer. Not after the war. Not after everything. Was she willing to leave--to go to a completely different Clan, on the opposite side of the forest, where she'd be hated and maligned by most cats and not have any of their skills or traditions, to make all of her Clanmates and her grandmother and her friends hate her forever just to be with her family?

Yes. And a thousand times over.

The tears had not stopped, but they were no longer as frantic, as quickly flowing. A strange, slow contemplation took hold of Bubblebeam through her crying and worry and devastation, spreading through her with a similar effect to when Mintglade had tossed a wall of snow at her, and cold had gotten under the fur of her scruff. It didn't get rid of the way her chest ached or the way her head spun, but it did remove a little bit of the shakiness from her voice when she spoke. "I'll follow you. I'll follow you anywhere. It doesn't matter what Sunfire thinks--" when had been the last time she'd called him Dad?--"and it doesn't matter what Wolfblossom thinks. If they can't find a way to keep you here... then I'll find a way to go with you. Plover and Sorrel, too, I'm sure. We can't be separated--not again." It was true. Saying it aloud, she felt the truth of it all the way down to her bones. Out of all the things in this world, nothing meant more than her siblings. She loved her uncle and grandmother; she loved climbing trees; she loved Honeydew and even Mintglade despite how strange things were and stars, what about Thymelight, what would she say?... but there was nothing more important, nothing under the sun but her brother and her sisters. They were all she had. They were all she had. "I'll go with you," she repeated solemnly. Even as the water leaked from the corners of her eyes, tracing her scar, she kept Hemlockfox's gaze. "If... if I can. And if not, I... I don't know what I'll do. But I can't live without you."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where To Go From Here [C]   Where To Go From Here [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Where To Go From Here [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory :: Moonlit Creek-
Jump to: