Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

got the same heartbeat (c)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6715

got the same heartbeat (c) Empty
PostSubject: got the same heartbeat (c)   got the same heartbeat (c) EmptyFri 23 Feb 2024 - 18:51

Any night that Hedgepaw got to spend time with any of her brothers was a good night. The dusk patrol meant that they'd caught the tail end of the sunset, all blazing orange and bright pink, which made it way easier for a groggy apprentice to wake up. And now the two of them had wandered a little bit further out looking for prey. They were really close to the area Silverhawk had shown her, so with green eyes alight, the smaller she-cat led the way to the little clearing of pine trees. The stars hadn't quite come out yet, but once they did, she knew this place would be as gorgeous as always. It was still pretty with the last traces of light in the sky, casting a golden shadow on the tops of the conifers. "Here! Isn't this a great place to hunt, Stag?" she said eagerly, waving her short tail. Stagpaw was nearly twice her size by now--she could hardly remember when they'd used to be almost the same size as kits. But since he was so big and strong, surely he'd be a great hunter. Or he would be soon, if he wasn't now. Leopardstar was probably a great mentor. "Go ahead, you go first! I wanna learn from you. Silver said this is a good place though, so there should be plenty of prey. And the snow's melting, so they can't hide as easy anymore."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

PostSubject: Re: got the same heartbeat (c)   got the same heartbeat (c) EmptyFri 23 Feb 2024 - 19:17

SI'm not a stranger to the dark!
A good night indeed.

A yawn fought its way out of the brown toms maw as he joined his sister and the rest of their hunting patrol. And before he knew it they were already near High Pine - Stagpaw hadn't explored much out this far, Leopardstar had them hunting closer to camp so all of this area was new. Looking around he drank in the clearing with wide eyes, a goofy grin on his face. It was beautiful!

"It's perfect!"
he agreed, joining her near the edge of the clearing. Though as he stood there, the scent of prey clear in the air, he felt his stomach grumble with nerves. His last attempt at hunting didn't go so well, the big lump of a tom had nearly squashed the mouse into smithereens. But...maybe with Hedgepaw's support, this time it would be different. He gave her a side glance and swallowed the lump in his throat with a 'gulp'. Eventually after a few beats of silence he nodded, "Alright..if ya say so."

With a deep inhale, Stagpaw got into his best hunter's crouch (mediocre at best), his back legs weren't down enough and his front paws extended quite too far, but it would do - as long as he stayed quiet. His belly brushed the floor as he lumbered forward and a small scurrying sound caught his ears. There! Amongst a pile of dried and dead pine needles was a good sized mouse foraging for its own food, unaware of the bear cub looking predator at its back. Stagpaw wiggled his haunches comically before leaping upon his prey.

The apprentice tripped over a paw and belly flopped onto the ground needles flying up around him. Yet by the grace of Starclan, his claws managed to snatch the mouse by the tail. Wasting no time, Stagpaw reeled it in and gave it a quick 'chomp' on the neck, nearly splitting the thing in half before turning to his sister with a happy grin. "Your turn." Though he wasn't sure she could learn anything from his performance.

Stagpaw is trying to catch a mouse! +2 success to hunting rolls, Stagpaw was successful!

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten

Last edited by kiikko on Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 15:57; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15047

PostSubject: Re: got the same heartbeat (c)   got the same heartbeat (c) EmptyFri 23 Feb 2024 - 19:17

The member 'kiikko' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

got the same heartbeat (c) Mistpe10
got the same heartbeat (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6715

PostSubject: Re: got the same heartbeat (c)   got the same heartbeat (c) EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 11:37

Hedgepaw watched, eyes alight with the moonbeams glinting off of the nearby snow, as her brother got ready to hunt. What was he so nervous about, anyway? He was more than twice her size! There was no way that the prey could--oh. Maybe that's what he was worried about. Was he too big to be sneaky? Surely not. Either way, she was sure he could do it. She wouldn't interrupt his focus with her encouragement, but she watched carefully from a far-enough distance, taking in the way he moved. If he thought his big paws were clumsy, she thought that his movements were deliberate and planned. In her eyes, Stagpaw could do no wrong.

And she was right! He succeeded! With his large body flopping and flailing around, he did manage to catch a mouse. Hedgepaw matched his grin with one of her own. "That was so cool!" she said enthusiastically, waving her tail. "Okay, now I'll try." Stagpaw had done everything just about the opposite of what Quillsplash told her to do, but it had worked out for him anyway. She kind of wanted to copy him, but... she should follow her mentor's advice instead. It wasn't like he was watching, but for some reason she really didn't want to disappoint him. So instead she glanced around the clearing, searching at the bases of the pine trees for any hint of movement. If one mouse had been out, then surely some more would be around, right?

Her ear twitched at the sound of a distant ribbit. A frog nearby? Hedgepaw's eyes narrowed and she sniffed at the air, trying to find where it was. There--just a couple fox-lengths from the clearing, by a rotted old log. Okay. Show Stagpaw that you're cool too. You can do this, right? He'll be so proud of you. Just as Quillsplash had taught. The apprentice carefully lowered herself into a hunting crouch, belly nearly touching the muddy ground, her normally-sticking-up-tail out flat behind her. Not too high, not too low, like he'd said. Then cautiously, one white paw after another, she crept forward. As if she was playing hide-and-seek and didn't want to get caught. That was all she had to do. And her green eyes remained fixed on the frog, which sat unawares at the mouldering end of the log.

She was so focused on her stealth, in fact, that she didn't even see the enormous pine root protruding in front of her beneath her paws until it was too late. With one slight movement, she suddenly tripped, all her momentum sending her skidding across the snowmelted mud, paws splayed out wide. "Oof!" Her face had gotten buried in a pile of frosted, dead pine needles. When she managed to scramble back to her paws, spitting out needles and dirty snow, the frog had long since run away. Hedgepaw's shoulders drooped. Not only did I probably do what Quillsplash said to do wrong, but now I look like a mouse-brain in front of Stagpaw. Disappointed, she trudged back over to her brother, head lowered in shame. "I didn't get it," she murmured. "I should've just jumped for it like you did, I guess."

Hedgepaw tries to catch a frog... Unsuccessful. 3 SP

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~

Last edited by Ash on Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 11:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15047

PostSubject: Re: got the same heartbeat (c)   got the same heartbeat (c) EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 11:37

The member 'Ash' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

got the same heartbeat (c) Mistpe10
got the same heartbeat (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got the same heartbeat (c)   got the same heartbeat (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

got the same heartbeat (c)
Page 1 of 1