Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I palindrome I [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2485

I palindrome I [C] Empty
PostSubject: I palindrome I [C]   I palindrome I [C] EmptyThu 8 Feb 2024 - 12:10

"The weak never have their wings unfurl."
Silverhawk
T3 Warrior | ShadowClan | he/him

Little clusters of fallen stars speckled the clearing, moonlight glittering radiantly off the snow. Silverhawk paused under the archway pine boughs ringing the field, taking a moment just to look back and forth. The Pine Grove was his favorite corner of the territory, and so he always took the time to appreciate the view when he came--now more than ever, after so many moons away. The memory of an evening at Hawkpaw's side, unusual laced with earnest sobriety, rose in the back of his mind. This was one of the last familiar places either of them had gone together, before Silverhawk's ceremony later that night and leaving barely days after. Silverhawk breathed in deep, missing the familiar presence at his side and wanting to abandon his current patrol to hunt Hawkpaw down. The tug loosened quickly though, as the shuffle of pawsteps coming up to his side through the snow drew him out of his thoughts.

Turning his head, Silverhawk looked down to watch Hedgepaw step up closer. Squinting fondly, he asked, "Have you been here yet, Hedge?" Though he wouldn't say it aloud, to her or anyone else, Silverhawk had little faith Hedgepaw's mentor could even teach her where the borders lie. Which was perhaps cruel on Quillsplash's behalf--unfounded, too, but an unexplainable pause gave Silverhawk the immovable thought Quillsplash was undeserving of training his sister. Blinking twice to refocus again, Silverhawk tipped his head toward the open clearing, tail sweeping up with the motion as encouragement for Hedgepaw to venture further if she wanted. "Either way, you'll come here often enough with me to have the trees memorized," he laughed softly, whiskers quivering. "It's a nice place to be, isn't it?"
profile | playlist | discord: downfive | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 9:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6715

I palindrome I [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I palindrome I [C]   I palindrome I [C] EmptyThu 8 Feb 2024 - 18:58

Hedgepaw had been near-ecstatic when Silverhawk invited her to go on a patrol, just the two of them. Her big brother was the coolest, and he definitely knew the territory like the back of his paw by now--so he could teach her all his secrets! Though, truly, even if they just walked in silence the whole time, she would be content just to follow him. A smile sat on her face the whole way to the Pine Grove, her green eyes glimmering with reflected starlight just as the snow crunched beneath her white paws. She couldn't understand why the other cats all insisted on being awake during the daytime, with the sunlight glaring down and brightening the forest beyond all recognition. The night was so much more welcoming. Even the frigid chill of the wind blowing in her face couldn't get beneath her fur.

She met Silverpaw's affectionate squint with a wide-eyed slow blink of her own, beaming widely as she stepped up to his side. "I think I've been around here before! But it looks much nicer when I'm with you." Momentarily she glanced away from him, taking in the gorgeous landscape--tall trees piercing Silverpelt, their black conifer brushes looking almost like fur beneath the milky light of the moon. "It's so pretty... And we can just come here any time we want? I can't believe all of ShadowClan is this nice. It's so nice to be an apprentice and come out here." Hedgepaw padded further into the grove clearing, disturbing a little bit of fresh snowfall. It felt almost wrong to do so, but the way that the drifts glittered so invitingly was irresistible. She let out a contented sigh, her breath puffing white into the cold leaf-bare atmosphere. "Yeah... yeah, it's nice." If only all of life could be like this... just like this. Just her and Silverhawk, under the moonlight, atop a snow made of stardust.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

I palindrome I [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I palindrome I [C]   I palindrome I [C] EmptyThu 15 Feb 2024 - 13:04

Silverhawk

A purr of approval rumbled up through Silverhawk's throat at Hedgepaw's assessment of the clearing--both that it was beautiful and that it was, of course, better in his company. "Sure we can. It's our territory." He answered with a faint chuckle. "I mean... apprentices aren't supposed to just go out on their own, but..." a conspiratorial note entered Silverhawk's drawling voice, "personally? Leopardstar doesn't mind. Stay safe and don't cause any trouble, and you won't get in any. I went out alone all the time when I got older." He watched Hedge venture further into the clearing, her paws disappearing in the white powder she dragged tracks through. The affection stirring his fur didn't wholly outweigh the worry that always came with seeing his siblings out of camp; ever-present, even when it only stuck subtly. In a more grave tone, he went on, "Older is important, though. Our territory is as dangerous as it is beautiful. I don't want you wandering alone until you've learned a little more, alright?"

Carefully, Silverhawk picked his way through Hedgepaw's smaller tracks until he could step to stand at her shoulder. "But... it is nice." The moment of warning seemed to be forgotten as soon as it'd passed. Silverhawk kicked at the snow, sending a shower out in front of them. It really was a blessing, that they'd all been born and raised in ShadowClan. He couldn't imagine a life or territory as rich as theirs. Silverhawk let silent marvel stretch between them before his paw struck out again--this time, to send a flurry of snow directly into Hedgepaw's fur. He snorted out a laugh, betraying the innocence he was trying to present by keeping his head turned away, and benignly hummed, "Oh--stay mindful of snow showers, too."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 9:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

I palindrome I [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I palindrome I [C]   I palindrome I [C] EmptyThu 15 Feb 2024 - 19:26

Hedgepaw couldn't stop the thrill that ran through her when big brother Silverhawk leaned down and whispered to her, like he was telling her a secret that only she got to know. He was so cool and strong and brave and the best warrior in the Clans besides Mamma. And he knew enough to say that Leopardstar, the leader of the Clan, wouldn't mind if he or she snuck out for a bit on their own. She did sober slightly when he mentioned that the forest was dangerous, though. Her warm grin faded to a solemn expression. There were bad things out here, she knew. Foxes and badgers and big scary things that wanted to eat her. Sometimes she heard a big crunch in the snow and all her fur stood on end because she was sure that she was about to get eaten by something three times her size. She did her best not to worry about that, though, especially when she was with someone as strong and good at fighting as big brother Silver. But she nodded, feeling her heartbeat pound a little faster. "Older. Got it. I'll be safe, I promise."

Scary things... there would always be scary things. But she wasn't scared. She wasn't a scaredy-cat. Especially not with the big warm form of Silverhawk standing next to her--right next to her. Her eyes remained glued to his face, drinking in his every movement like he'd descended from the stars themselves. Momentarily though, she felt her gaze drawn to the bright sparkle of snow that sprayed out from his movement. It looked so shiny, in the moonlight like that. It reminded her of when she'd seen snow for the first time... when she'd played with Wolf and Fern back during the strange journeying moons. One of the only good memories from that bad, scary time. She smiled slightly thinking about it, mostly with warm gladness at being back home, gone from that weird place for good. She loved ShadowClan. She loved being home. Even out in the middle of the forest like this, being in the marsh territory with Silverhawk at her side, she had never felt safer. Then Hedgepaw let out a shocked shriek of laughter when a flash of cold snow crept down the fur of her neck. "Hey! No fair!" Whirling her head, she saw the suppressed mischief in her big brother's eyes. "That was so obviously you!" The apprentice giggled and leapt away, dancing further off into the snow. With one deliberate swipe of her paw, she aimed a clump of wet flakes at his shoulder. It was hard to even notice how frigid the wind swirled around them, how the nighttime breeze lowered the temperature by several degrees, because something far stronger and warmer burned within Hedgepaw's heart.

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

I palindrome I [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I palindrome I [C]   I palindrome I [C] EmptyTue 5 Mar 2024 - 17:39

Silverhawk

Silverhawk tried to keep his eyes on the treeline, as if avoiding her attention would trick Hedgepaw into believing that'd really been an act of nature, but the high sound of startled laughter drew him in. His head angled up and slightly to the side so he could watch Hedgepaw spin on him. Fondness curled painfully tight. Watching his little sister skip away through a flurry of kicked snow made him wonder what he'd done to be part of this family. Silverhawk knew he didn't deserve the position he'd inherited, but greedily, he would revel in it.

"What wasn't fair?" He chimed back. His tail was flagging high and his grin had lost its vulpine curve. It was rare for him to look so happy with so much performance stripped away. "I don't know what you're talking about. It's leaf-bare, Hedge! Sometimes it snows." Trying to defend himself was pointless when he laughed through every word. Not that he could have gone much farther, anyway, as Hedgepaw's return assault made him splutter. His fur rippled over the chill that ran through it. Silverhawk shook his head and stumbled back a few paces; then, a teeter, then he was staggering forward through the snow as if he'd been struck in the eyes.

"You hit me!" He cried, painfully dramatic. "Oh, I can't believe it, Hedge! To wound your own brother..." The last words came out as shaky half-gasps before Silverhawk fell forward, muzzle-first, into the snow right before Hedgepaw. He lay still, even holding his breath, just long enough for his fur to get cold. Then, with no warning but a very soft snicker, he raked his foreleg up shower Hedgepaw's chest. He followed the upward momentum to roll Hedgepaw into a gentle tackle, spilling them both side-by-side in the snow. "Alright, was that fair?" He puffed with a sound bordering on a giggle.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 9:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

I palindrome I [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I palindrome I [C]   I palindrome I [C] EmptySat 9 Mar 2024 - 20:28

Hedgepaw may not have been as smart as Fernpaw, but she wasn't fooled by Silverhawk's poor acting. The wide grin on his face and suppressed mirth-shaking of his shoulders betrayed the nonchalance of his words. She wasn't as smart as Fernpaw, as fearless as Wolfpaw, or as strong as Stagpaw--she was just Hedge. But that didn't matter, because she was happy. "Snow doesn't fall sideways," she pointed out mid-laugh, her green eyes sparkling. It was difficult for her to even sound offended because she wasn't really. Her grin only widened as she saw her own retaliating swipe of snow hit him on the shoulder. But that smile faded slightly when Silverhawk called out, as if wounded, then staggered tumbling to the ground. He was acting--he had to be acting. But Hedgepaw still felt her ears pin back slightly, still felt her paws frozen to the ground until she leapt forward in concern. He looked so still, lying there in the snow. Surely he was fine. But just in case, she prodded him with a small white forepaw. "Silver? Silver, are you okay?" He wasn't moving. Her heart, previously encompassed by a comforting warmness, began suddenly to behave in a strange way, its motions slow and jerky. Time seemed to lag behind. She blinked down at him, trying to convince herself he was fine. He had to be fine. But for some reason her mind was replaying how stiff and uncomfortable Pineblossom's body had been when she was sick and how even her own warmth hadn't improved it. Silverhawk had to be fine. But he wasn't moving--

And then suddenly he leapt up, and freezing snow freckled her chest, and she squealed in surprise and everything was fine and everything was fine. Hedgepaw hardly even registered the freezing snow or the sudden change of position, how now she was lying on the ground next to him. Cold wetness pressed into her back, but her eyes were fixed wide open on the rapid rise and fall of his chest and the fact that he was breathing. Soon though, that thought gave way to noticing that he laughed. He was playing. And he wasn't just humoring her; Silverhawk was playing. All her momentary terror was completely forgotten, left behind, a single snowflake melted by the blazing fire of her love for her big brother. Her feeling was so large and powerful it almost couldn't be contained in her tiny form. She exhaled, watching her breath puff white, looking up at the sky. From here on the ground the sky was so big. It stretched endlessly among the tops of the pine trees, a velvety dark expanse, a comforting blanket laid over them. Speckled with glowing white stars and a cream-soft moon. It was perfect. This was perfect. Hedgepaw couldn't shake the almost painfully large smile from her face. "That wasn't fair either," she giggled, but her joy was quieter now than the loud shriek-laughing of earlier. "You liar. I would never hurt you, Silver." His warmth next to her offset any of the frigid temperatures surrounding her. With him next to her, she would be warm forever. Impulsively, she turned and nuzzled her face into the soft dark fur of his shoulder. "I'd never do anything to hurt you. I love you."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I palindrome I [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I palindrome I [C]   I palindrome I [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

I palindrome I [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory :: The Pine Grove-
Jump to: