Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

15 step [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

15 step [C] Empty
PostSubject: 15 step [C]   15 step [C] EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 21:58

"But I know there's a reason I'm alive."
Rookflight
T3 Warrior | RiverClan | they/he

In some way, Rookflight regretted that they hadn't been able to attend to Lightpaw before hounds descended at the lake. Even while crossing the mountains and hiking the foothills, they could have spoken with him were Cindersky not... Rookflight sighed inwardly, paws dragging through the shallowly piled snow. They'd been nearly unable to separate themself from her, but now that they were all home--and she was doing better--they had no more excuses. In truth, they would rather be in camp still, just to be nearby should she need anything. But an apprentice's education wouldn't want for their concern, whether they were suited or willing to teach or not, so it was under the fading lilac of dawn that Rookflight led their apprentice through the territory. Their first patrol with Perchstar had been an early one, so it made sense to take Lightpaw out now.

When the ring of naked, pale-barked trees came into view, Rookflight's steps drew to a gradual halt. He allowed Lightpaw a few moments to catch up to his side before looking down to catch the apprentice's eyes. Rookflight held the tom in his gaze, quietly appraising, until his ears fluttered back and forth and he spoke."Tell me of yourself," he said. "We are just walking for now, and I have been too... occupied. To speak to you before this moment." Rookflight tilted his head to the side with a slow, pensive blink. "What kind of cat do you believe you are, Lightpaw? What is it you expect to learn?"
profile | playlist | discord: downfive | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 8:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1528

15 step [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 step [C]   15 step [C] EmptyThu 8 Feb 2024 - 13:55

Lightpaw

i see the light that's shinin’ on me;
it's been waiting for a long time for me to see;

Lightpaw had to hurry to keep up with Rookflight, his body and mind still waking up from the previous night's sleep. He knew apprentices went out early, it was just something new to get used to. There were a lot of things that were new these days.

He had somewhat seen the territory when RiverClan came home but didn't get a chance to pay attention to the details. He kept falling behind, occupied with looking around and absorbing everything he could about RiverClan's territory. When Rookflight came to a stop ahead of him, Lightpaw cringed, embarrassment washing over his pelt. Swiftly, he joined Rookflight by their side and was about to avoid looking up at them when he noticed that the black-and-white cat was staring.

Lightpaw opened his mouth to stutter an apology, but there was something in Rookflight's gaze that made him hold his tongue. His mentor's words surprised him, and he nervously shuffled his paws.

"...It's, uh, it's alright," he said, blinking. "All of us have been kinda...occupied. Um--" His brows furrowed. What kind of cat did he believe he was...? He....had no idea. Was Rookflight expecting a certain answer? "S-Sorry, I...I'm not sure how to answer that. I guess I'm...nice, and helpful, or I try to be, and-- I dunno, sorry." As for what he expected to learn, he paused, thinking. Finally he responded, hesitant. "Uh, I mean...I'm sure you'll teach me everything I need to know, Rookflight, but...I guess I expect to learn how to...protect? Myself I guess, and the Clan..."

Lightpaw trailed off, wincing internally. That was probably a good answer, right? He hoped so.

Apprentice | RiverClan | he/him

( credits )

15 step [C] 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]

Last edited by Aspen on Tue 26 Mar 2024 - 13:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

15 step [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 step [C]   15 step [C] EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024 - 17:50

"But I know there's a reason I'm alive."
Rookflight
T3 Warrior | RiverClan | they/he

Rookflight's eyes remained fixed on Lightpaw, unshaken by the stuttering and uncertainty. Lightpaw reminded them a bit of Cindersky, when they'd been a little younger still. Seeming content with the answers they got, Rookflight dipped their head and looked forward again. "Do not apologize so frequently," they said first. Rookflight doubted their monotone was as soothing as they meant it to be, and doubted Lightpaw could ascertain the intent after only a few moments conversation, but Rookflight decided they would let that creek be crossed only when it came. They didn't need to worry about it now. Continuing, "You have done nothing wrong in simply speaking to me. There was not a correct answer you could have given. Even if there were, I would not admonish you for answering incorrectly. To fail is to learn--apprehension precludes knowledge." Their ears flipped again and Rookflight glanced back at their apprentice. "I also understand speech is sometimes difficult. Or rather, clearly expressing your own thoughts may be. Regardless: whatever the case may be, you do not have to apologize to me." They paused, then quickly added, "Unless the event comes where you have done something felonious."

Tail flicking to beckon Lightpaw onward, Rookflight started to walk again, a bit slower than they had before. The ground wasn't so frozen under the beech trees, less inundated before everything froze and so leaving less icy pools to step into. "Nice and helpful are good values to have. It is good you recognize them in yourself. And desiring foremost to learn protection is an admirable extension of them." Rookflight turned, looking off into the distance; somewhere in the vague direction of camp. "There are many things I may impart to you, or at least attempt, but there will be instances where no measure of capability or knowledge can protect someone--yourself or another. Is that a fact you can contend with?" Their tail twitched. Rookflight didn't bother looking back to focus their address. "I do not ask because I doubt you. There is no wrong answer now, either. I am only curious. My own first outing as an apprentice was an introspective one. Though--not intentionally. But. I believe it is good practice."
profile | playlist | discord: downfive | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1528

15 step [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 step [C]   15 step [C] EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 13:57

Lightpaw

i see the light that's shinin’ on me;
it's been waiting for a long time for me to see;

"Do not apologize so frequently."

Lightpaw was taken aback by this and opened his mouth to speak, realized he was going to apologize once more, and promptly shut it and held his tongue. His ears pulled back slightly with embarrassment at being admonished, but the rest of Rookflight's words were more comforting. "Yes, Rookflight," he mewed, dipping his head towards his mentor. "I would never do anything to offend you...!"

Rookflight continued onward and Lightpaw followed after them dutifully, nodding along to their words. Their final question gave him pause however, nearly stopping him in his tracks.

"I-I think so..." he murmured, ears fully pinning back now. Was he capable of that? He had to be, to be a good warrior.

Apprentice | RiverClan | he/him

( credits )

15 step [C] 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

15 step [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 step [C]   15 step [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

15 step [C]