Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

like a river runs [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff

Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 581

like a river runs [c] Empty
PostSubject: like a river runs [c]   like a river runs [c] EmptyWed 31 Jan 2024 - 15:41

Tux had been thrown into an interesting situation because of the tom that had saved his life only a few days prior.

The massive tom, Gouge, had saved him from a wolf attack but sustained horrible injuries. He almost bled out, talking out of his mind near the clan cats that Tux had begged to save his life - claiming that he knew and recognized one of the she-cats there. He didn't, obviously, he was imagining things. The she-cat's responses were guarded and intentionally distant before she left with her cult. How could she forget a cat that she didn't know?

Following that embarrassing situation, Gouge passed out shortly after blurting out that 'we have to go'. We sure did! Realistically, he could've just left him there. Unfortunately for Tux, he felt responsible. This meant having to drag fifteen pounds of solid muscle through the snow as a small cat. He had managed to find a spot mostly sheltered from the cold for them to stay, among the arched roots of a giant spruce that had fallen long ago, on the outskirts of starfall territory. Tux had recalled the conversation between the clan cats and the importance of cobwebs, and he had tried to patch Gouge's wounds up the best he could with any that he could find.

He had managed to stop the bleeding, beginner's luck, but he was unsure about infection setting in. How nasty, truly, were those wolves' mouths? Now, the only thing he could do was wait to see if Gouge would wake up. He wasn't even sure if he would. Tux was huddled up to him under the roots of the fallen spruce, trying to keep him warm. His stomach growled desperately, but he didn't want to leave him alone in this unfamiliar place. Please wake up.

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 699

PostSubject: Re: like a river runs [c]   like a river runs [c] EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 11:20

Gouge

Gouge had been dreaming the sweetest of dreams.
Cloudy's sweet-scented fur in his face, and her gentle voice. Blue was there, too, and Scorch. They had been together in camp. Cloudy had finally come to live with them. Everything was perfect. Gouge purred. What a sweet she-cat, he thought, nuzzling into her. Her beautiful, mismatched hazel eyes, her long, fluffy fur, and her soft, ticklish whiskers against his face. He lifted his head and gazed affectionately into her eyes, and he saw admiration and love there. He curled himself protectively around her, determined to protect her from everything forever. I'll never let any harm come to you, he thought. You can trust me with your life. His heart was pounding so hard he felt like it might leave his chest. He leaned closer to her, stretching out his tongue to rasp over her forehead.

He opened his eyes.
Where's Cloudy? he tried to lift his head. Everything hurts. He failed. His amber gaze flickered about, taking in anything he could. His mind felt foggy. Where am I? He couldn't smell anything. He could see... spruce trees. His pelt felt like it was on fire. He inhaled a deep, ragged breath and stretched out his legs, pain shooting up his shoulders and down his spine.

Suddenly, everything came back at once - the hunt, the wolf attack, the stranger, and... Cloudy. But everything was blank after that. He remembered her expression as she turned her back to him. Yes, Daisyfang, she had meowed dutifully. Gouge let out a deep groan as he forced himself to sit up, his head spinning.

In front of him was a lithe young black cat with white markings.

"What's... going on?" he managed to rasp, with difficulty. "Where are we? My camp, Scorch, and my friends, my Cloudy-" he broke off in a fit of coughing, the stress of it pulling at his tender wound. He cried out. "It hurts."

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: like a river runs [c]   like a river runs [c] EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 15:22

Tux's ears perked as the large tom began to stir and groan. Relief washed over him to see that he was, in fact, alive. His limited knowledge seemed to save the tom's life, at least. He was still in rough shape and disoriented, but that's to no surprise. But, he was alive!

He was still huddled close, and he gently spoke. "Easy there, big guy. You're going to ruin my hard work." He sniffed at Gouge's wounds. They were covered in messily applied, light pink cobwebs. "We're..." He stopped to think. He wasn't quite sure. "Somewhere." His whiskers twitched in amusement, realizing how unhelpful he actually was. "The clan cats had run this way after you passed out, but we made a slight detour. Don't worry, I'm sure they're gone by now. I couldn't drag you any longer - and I definitely couldn't have left you - plus, your wounds needed to be tended to."

He tilted his head as Gouge spoke of Scorch, his group and Cloudy. He was able to make the assumption that Scorch was the second cat to attack the wolf, but Cloudy was a mystery and he saw no signs of his other friends. "I'm sorry, but I have no idea who any of those cats truly are. You were talking out of your head about Cloudy. You thought one of the clan cats were her before you passed out! Crazy what blood loss does right? I'm glad you're at least somewhat stable now." He mewed, amusement tinging his voice. "But, I couldn't tell you exactly. If they're any bit as lucky as you though, they're alive."

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: like a river runs [c]   like a river runs [c] EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 15:55

Gouge

Gouge listened with a guarded expression as the slender tom spoke.
"You saved my life," Gouge commented. "I suppose it didn't take too long for you to repay me for saving yours. That makes us even." He tried to lift to his paws, but his limbs wouldn't work with him. He hissed in frustration. "I appreciate you patching me up. But I really need to get back to my camp, and see if everyone is okay-" Gouge grunted and collapsed painfully, his sharp amber eyes narrowed into slits. "I have to go back."

He tried a few more times, but failed. Why won't my legs work? he despaired, imaginging his camp being raided by wolves, their jaws clamping shut on his friends' necks...

"How many days has it been?" he asked after some time. "How long have I been... asleep?" Whatever that was. He would give anything to go back to those dreams, so much kinder than what terrible truths he was facing now.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: like a river runs [c]   like a river runs [c] EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 20:14

"Well, I reckon we're even then!" Tux responded, a playful twinkle in his eyes. He cracked a small grin, but his expression turned serious as Gouge tried to rise. The tom's gratefulness didn't go unnoticed. Unfortunately, he felt like he owed this tom. Their interacitons were out of necessity for his survival, rather than choice.

Tux raised, placing a firm paw against Gouge's shoulder. "Easy," He urged. "You don't need to go back. You need to take it slow - you're going to end up opening your wounds."

He raised to his paws, nuzzling near one side of the trunk. Misplaced these cobwebs, that sucks. I'll have to get more. His ear twitched as he listened to Gouge speak about 'everyone'. "Look, I get it. You're anxious about your buddies. Do you really think charging in foolishly with shaky legs is going to help them? You'll collapse, again, maybe before you even make it. What if they aren't even there? I bet you anything, they've followed the clan cats." He spoke of the clan cats almost as if he had a bitter taste in his mouth.

"As for how long you've been asleep? Er..." Tux tilted his head, trying to think of how many days passed. He counted each with a flick of his tail. "It's been a couple of days, I guess? Five or six, maybe. Time tend to blur when you're dragging a massive deadweight around and trying to keep him alive. Guessing you needed the rest. You hungry or thirsty?" He lifted his head up to gaze at the tom. He hoped that the tom would say yes, so he'd be able to exit this conversation. And cobwebs - that too. He tried to keep everything light-hearted, but in reality? They both almost didn't make it.

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: like a river runs [c]   like a river runs [c] EmptyThu 8 Feb 2024 - 19:33

Gouge

This is not real. This can't be real. Gouge's thoughts twirled around in his mind as he barely heard the cat's words, his gaze fixed on something seemingly very faraway. My home, my family, my friends...

"Five or six days!?" he snarled suddenly, snapped back to the present. "It can't have been that long!" And now that the tom mentioned it, Gouge did feel like he could eat an entire fox. On cue, his stomach growled loudly, almost painfully, and his ears pinned against his head self-consciously, his amber eyes rounding. "Thank you for taking care of me," he meowed, "Without you, I'd surely have been crow-food. That wolf really did a number on me." He sneered down at his wounds, closing, but still painful and warm, and collapsed back down on his stomach. "I'm glad you made it out unharmed."

I bet you anything, they've followed the clan cats.

"What do you know about these clan cats?" he asked. He remembered the peaceful days by the lake before the clan cats had arrived and made a huge mess of things, bringing the wolves descending down upon them all. They had to come from somewhere, right? Cloudy had been born at the lake, but her clan came from somewhere over the mountains. Perhaps they are returning home. Somewhere safe.

"Perhaps we should follow them, too?" he suggested.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: like a river runs [c]   like a river runs [c] EmptyFri 9 Feb 2024 - 11:15

Tux's only response to Gouge's outburst was a knowing nod. "Yeah, five or six days." He confirmed. Sympathy flashed in his eyes for the tom - he could imagine the disorientation that'd come with something like that.

As Gouge's stomach growled, reminiscent of the wolves that had attacked, Tux couldn't help but release a soft chuckle. "Well, let's set the talk aside for now. First things first - we desperately need to get food in you," He yawned, stretching as he lifted his head back up. "And those wounds desperately need some fresh cobwebs. They look rough." He added. He recalled a clearing that'd probably have both, though it required a bit of luck. At a minimum, he needed cobwebs. Gouge's wounds would get infected otherwise.

However, Gouge's interest in the clan cats made Tux's pelt crawl. They're awful cats who keep themselves interested by playing silly games. He hesitated before speaking again, his tone more serious this time. "About those clan cats, Gouge... They're not friendly. Tailing them could lead us into trouble, but could also lead us to your friends." He shrugged, his eyes holding genuine concern. "It's up to you."

"Anyways, you stay put and rest a bit. Think about it, but also take it easy. I'll be back soon." He gave Gouge a reassuring nod before he headed off to hunt, leaving the injured tom to continue gathering his strength.

PostSubject: Re: like a river runs [c]   like a river runs [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

like a river runs [c]
Page 1 of 1