Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Moon Will Sing (c)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 310

The Moon Will Sing (c) Empty
PostSubject: The Moon Will Sing (c)   The Moon Will Sing (c) EmptyThu 11 Jan 2024 - 0:51

Cricketkit padded over to her brother on silent paws, fluffy tail brushing the ground as she slunk over. She dropped her mossball at his feet before swiftly sitting down and blocking it from view with her body. The tabby and white kit looked over her shoulder, scanning the area for any of her other siblings, but the coast was clear. She met her brother’s gaze, his eyes a mirror of her own. “Yewkit, do you want to play mossball with me?” She leaned forward slightly, dropping her already soft voice to a whisper. “This mossball is the best one, but I know you won’t steal it, so we can play together.”

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Moon Will Sing (c)   The Moon Will Sing (c) EmptySun 14 Jan 2024 - 5:34

Yewkit released a soft gasp as he turned his head to face Cricketkit. She had successfully sneaked up on him with her soft, silent paws. "You scared me!" He whispered back, immediately hushing as she offered her proposition. He was more reserved than his sister, but she always opened him up with the chaos she got into.

His eyes immediately widened with excitement before she could even finish her sentence and his ears perked. This was perfect. The best gift she could have offered - he loves the feeling of moss on his claws. It made his heart warm that she saved the best mossball for them to play together.

He smiled a toothy grin and leaned forward. "Let's do it. I bet I'll win!" He hissed in a whisper, his competitiveness playfully lacing his words. It was a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

PostSubject: Re: The Moon Will Sing (c)   The Moon Will Sing (c) EmptyFri 26 Jan 2024 - 14:22

Cricketkit matched her brother’s grin. It felt good to be valuable, to have caught his attention. The she-kit didn’t really care that much about the game itself, she lacked the competitive drive to want to win. The only prize she sought was Yewkit’s affection. Her brother’s loyalty, his support, his protection, all those things were paramount. She needed to be important to Paledove, and she needed to be important to Yewkit. Of course Mother came first, she always would. As much as loved her siblings, loved them with every fierce ounce of her, she would do anything to please Paledove. For now though, Yewkit was her target.

Cricketkit dropped into a crouch, and teasingly batted the mossball between her front paws, her mismatched eyes narrowed playfully before she flung the mossball away. “Go!” She squeaked just slightly above her normal volume. It was as close to yelling as she got. With a push of her tabby-splotched haunches she jumped after the mossball. Two-toned ears pressed tight to her skull and body slunk low to the ground, she took long, quick strides, not wasting any energy in bouncing around. The kit covered ground efficiently in a loose half-stalk, but looked more like she was running from something than chasing it.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Moon Will Sing (c)   The Moon Will Sing (c) EmptySun 28 Jan 2024 - 6:02

Yewkit's eyes gleamed with anticipation, mirroring Cricketkit's crouch. His crouch was improper, his belly touching the cold ground. He looked silly, but his expression was completely serious as he gazed at Cricketkit with a challenging glint in his eyes. The thrill surged through his veins, and he was ready to pounce at a moment's notice. He had to catch that mossball before Cricketkit could declare victory! Plus, he yearned for the softness of the moss.

As she squeaked out the signal, he released a soft battle cry and launched himself forward with sheathed paws. Deep down, he was terrified of hurting his sisters. Paledove would kill him! Unfortunately, his sheathed paws probably will give Cricketkit the win. However, he still tried. His sleek frame covered the ground swiftly and he leaped forward, extending his paws in hopes that he'd touch it first.

ooc: you can have Cricketkit catch the ball! perhaps they can go again and maybe climb in the trees? 👀
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

PostSubject: Re: The Moon Will Sing (c)   The Moon Will Sing (c) EmptySun 28 Jan 2024 - 16:51

Cricketkit rolled out from under her brother’s paws, surging towards the mossball with a push of her hunches. Yewkit wasn’t very good at this game, but he looked so eager to win. The she-kit didn’t want to spoil his fun by winning so easily. “Yewkit you’re so fast!” She praised with a backyard glance at her brother, who was closing in on the mossball right behind her. With a calculating look, she sprung at the mossball, purposely failing to slam her paw down on it entirely. What was not planned however, was for the moss ball to go sailing away from the force of her half-missed pounce. The she-kit watched in bewildered awe as the tangled scrap of moss sailed over Yewkit’s head and was lifted up by the breeze. It finally landed in the branches of a scrawny tree.

Cricketkit’s ears slicked back slightly. “I uh- didn’t mean for it to do that.” She said softly, her fluffy tail lowering in shame. She had messed up, her brother would remember this forever. She couldn't let this be held over her, she had to fix it, and prove her capability to Yewkit. If she was useful, if she was fun, then he would be committed to her, even when they got older. She couldn't lose his good graces. The white and tabby she-kit padded over to her brother, and rubbed her head under his chin. “I really didn’t mean it, Yewkit. It wasn’t on purpose I promise.” She whispered her mis-matched eyes shining with unshed tears. If she looked sad enough maybe he wouldn’t be mad. And she was genuinely sad.

She couldn’t stand for her brother to hate her. If he hated her, then he’d tell their littermates about how awful she was, or worse, he’d tell Paledove! And then Mother wouldn’t be proud, and maybe Mother might love her less because she had made all her siblings unhappy. She couldn’t let that happen. “Here, I’ll go get it.” The she-kit hooked her sharp claws into the tree’s slender trunk, pulling herself upwards with her shoulders. Her own body weight wasn’t very much, and her claws could get a good grip in the bark. It was easier than she thought to dart up into the lowest branches. They were twiggy and bounced slightly under her weight. Cricketkit kept her body low, fluffy tail twitching slightly to adjust her balance. It didn’t matter that the ground was far away, she needed to grab the moss ball and please Yewkit. Her brother would think she was a hero, and maybe he’d forget she was the one who had messed up the game in the first place.

Now that she was up in the branches though, the whole of SkyClan’s camp sprawled out before her. She shimmed towards the end of the branch on her belly, legs wrapped around the branch to keep her steady as it rocked in the wind. Her pupils widened as she lifted her head to watch the warriors going about their duties. She could see them, but they couldn't see her! She was safe up here, with no one to accidentally offend, and no places for scary things to leap from. “Yewkit,” She called softly, peering down at him from her vantage point. “It’s actually really cool up here.”

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Moon Will Sing (c)   The Moon Will Sing (c) EmptyWed 31 Jan 2024 - 3:23

Yewkit's anticipation of the catch turned to surprise as Cricketkit's playful pounce sent the mossball soaring into a tree. With his mouth hanging open in shock, he quickly came to a stop. He blinked, momentarily forgetting the game as he stared at the mossball that had settled among the scrawny branches. How are we going to get it now? He thought, his ear flicking as he approached the tree. I've never been in a tree before. Oh well!

He began to suggest a different game - like playing among the roots like Myrtlekit had shown him only a few days before. He had to make her happy and offer alternatives - get her mind off it! He has to protect his sister. "Hey, we could..." He mewed, looking back at his sister, his eyes wide and mischievous. But... She looked pitiful, and her pleas made his heart pang with guilt. Please, anything but this. Paledove would be so angry with him. He made his sister sad. Despite the mishap, he could never be angry with his sister about anything. Ever.

"It's okay, Cricketkit," His gaze softened and he nuzzled her gently when she approached, giving her a quick lick on the forehead. "I know it wasn't on purpose, it's no big deal!"

He had hoped that Cricketkit was going to get over it and they'd just play something more exciting. Unfortunately, he had forgotten that this was the best mossball. He followed her gaze back to the tree, and it felt like time slowed as she offered to get it herself. "No really, it's okay!" He insisted, following her to the trunk of the tree. He didn't want her to get hurt, and worry danced in his eyes. He had already done more than enough by making her so upset. Mother would kill him if he allowed his littermate to get hurt. It felt like the air itself had become dense and unwieldy while she committed and climbed the tree, and he leaned up on the trunk with his forepaws. His eyes were wide and desperate for her to come down. What if she fell and she could never become a warrior? Mother would never spare him a passing glance.

"Cricketkit," He mewed, his heart jumping out of his chest with every move she made. How was any of this cool? "Please come down. It's really dangerous up there - the branches are so thin. We can play something else, or get a different mossball... Do you need me to come up?"

He didn't know how to climb, but he would wing it to save his precious sister and make sure that he was still in Paledove's good graces.
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

PostSubject: Re: The Moon Will Sing (c)   The Moon Will Sing (c) EmptySat 3 Feb 2024 - 14:41

Cricketkit was totally at ease up in the tree, her whiskers twitching at the new scents on the breeze. She didn’t really want to come down, but Yewkit was being so brave, offering to come get her when he was clearly terrified. It sent a wave of warmth through her chest. Her brother really did care about her. All was as it should be, and she could still make Yewkit feel important. She hooked her sharp claws into the branch, making sure she was balanced before flattening her ears slightly.

“Uh yeah, I didn't think it’d be this high actually.” Her ears trembled slightly. “Please come help.” She scooted backwards a little bit on the branch so Yewkit wouldn’t have to go as far. Secretly the she-kit was melting at having all her brother’s attention focused on her. Of course she needed saving. She got to feel important, it was a rush that her brother was getting over his own fears to rescue her. And Yewkit got to feel important too. A beneficial situation all around.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Moon Will Sing (c)   The Moon Will Sing (c) EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 23:39

Yewkit gulped. He was determined to be the brave brother she needed - that she deserved. Having swallowed his fear, he gave her a curt determined nod. "Okay, Cricketkit. I'm coming up!" He declared, his voice more resolute than he actually felt.

He took a deep breath before attempting to scramble up the tree. To his surprise, the bark was rough against his pads and provided grip. He managed to ascend a few feet before he looked down, shivering. It was so far down. Determination fueled him, though. He couldn't disappoint mother by failing his sister. "U-um. I'm almost there!" He called up to her.

He continued his clumsy ascent before he reached Cricketkit's level, crouching on a neighboring branch. He hated the way it shifted under his paws. "I got you - I'm here. We're in this together. And.. let's make our way down together, okay?" He could only hope that Cricketkit couldn't notice the quiver in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Moon Will Sing (c)   The Moon Will Sing (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Moon Will Sing (c)
Page 1 of 1