Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

sun-high calm (Open to WC)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

sun-high calm (Open to WC) Empty
PostSubject: sun-high calm (Open to WC)   sun-high calm (Open to WC) EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024 - 9:32

The sun was high in the sky, sending down feeble rays of warmth into WindClan’s temporary camp. Goldengale laid her rabbit down by the freshkill pile, her kill messy as always, and licked down a patch of stray fur on her chest. Her next patrol wouldn’t be for a while; where was everyone, anyways? She talked to her brother each morning and night, of course, unafraid of catching his sickness (she was too awesome for that, after all), and Galepaw had been on her patrol, but she wasn’t quite certain where either of them were at the moment.

Yawning, Goldengale flopped on her side in the snow, thick pelt keeping her safe from the chill. She wouldn’t mind talking to someone, maybe even sharing a meal if they were real hungry.
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: sun-high calm (Open to WC)   sun-high calm (Open to WC) EmptyFri 12 Jan 2024 - 9:09

Tallshadow saw the bright ripple of his sister’s pelt as she lay sunning herself in their temporary camp. He padded over, shaking stray bits of lavender out of his fur as he went. There was an ease in his painfully thin shoulders as he moved through the sunlight. “Has the noble hunter returned from terrorizing the rabbit population?” He purred in a deep rasp. The tabby tom stretched his ridiculously long legs out in front of him in a deep stretch, his claws sinking into the snow dusted ground.

He settled down with his back feet tucked under his belly, front paws relaxed in front of him, a perfect chin rest for later. His hip bones stuck up starkly from his golden pelt in his position, but his winter coat was finally starting to grow in, short, thick and shiny like before. He gave Goldengale a friendly blink, before giving in to a yawn, showing off all his sharp white teeth. “I’m thinking it’s time I make a nest out under the stars with everyone else.” His voice was quiet and a little rough, but it lacked the painful gasp of breath that normally accompanied every sentence. He wrinkled his nose slightly in distaste. “Time does not make the heart grow fonder when it comes to the medicine den.”

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: sun-high calm (Open to WC)   sun-high calm (Open to WC) EmptySat 13 Jan 2024 - 7:24

Goldengale grinned warmly at the sound of her brother’s voice, rolling over so that she laid against him, staring up at the sky. “I dunno what you’re talkin’ ‘bout, you big ol’ sack of bones.”

It was good to have him again; to have him here, all the way here, gaze focused and calm despite the slight rasp to his voice. That had scared her: the empty distance in his eyes, when he’d murmured names she’d never met and watched scenes that weren’t there with some horrible desperate longing in his face. That had hurt. It had been something she couldn’t fight with teeth and claws. She was confident she could take anything physical that walked the earth, but sickness? No. She’d have to settle for protecting him with what she could. If she had her way (and she would, for what could stand against her?) never again would a single hair on his pelt be harmed.

“Yeah,” she muttered faintly, craning her neck uncomfortably to look up at him, at the firm set of his jaw against the blue sky. Her tail twitched nervously. “You had me right scared for a while there, you know. I didn’t know what to do.”
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: sun-high calm (Open to WC)   sun-high calm (Open to WC) EmptyMon 15 Jan 2024 - 21:38

Tallshadow chuckled, licking Goldengale between the ears when she rolled over against him. It was nice, to be out in the sun again, to be free of that horrible cough. To be content in the knowledge that Sootstorm and Goldengale wouldn’t have to worry over him. He flicked his long tail over her nose. “You? scared? Maybe when hares fly.” But his eyes softened slightly in understanding. He laid his tail over her shoulder instead, and pressed his side into her thick fur.

“I know.” He said quietly, laying his chin on his paws. “I didn’t know what to do either. I hurt Sootstorm, I hurt you, and I couldn’t do anything to stop it.” The golden tom flexed his claws into the dirt, even now the frustration, the helplessness, stung. The fear in Goldengale’s eyes. The grief that twisted Sootstorm’s face, like his father already believed him to be dead. Everything he had worked so hard to build, his strength, his speed, his skill, they had all crumbled away, and what was he with jutting bones and fever-hazed eyes, too confused to even recognize those closest to him? It was torture. He hoped in whatever plan the stars designed, sickness like that would not find him again. “But I made it, and I’m here now, and I'm not going anywhere you can’t follow, okay?” He offered a quiet, soothing purr, shoving every overflowing ounce of stubborn affection he had for his sister into the deep rumble.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: sun-high calm (Open to WC)   sun-high calm (Open to WC) EmptyMon 22 Jan 2024 - 6:37

She huffed at his words, flicking her tail against his side. Sure, she wasn’t scared of anything under the sun that her claws could meet, but that? Him being sick, wasting away before her eyes, mind wandering… that had scared her. Worried her, too, gnawing away at her heart. She wasn’t sure that she liked it; no, scratch that, she was sure she didn’t like it. She pressed herself into his side as he continued, not liking the taut stretch to his voice. “It wasn’t your fault.”

“You better not,” she rumbled half-heartedly, mind still obviously mulling over something. After a moment’s pause, she sighed, sinking her claws into the dust for a moment. “Remember on t’ way here? We were talkin’ for a little bit, but then somethin’ came up? You… well. You kept callin’ me Heatherkit, when you were sick-like. Do I… what made you say that? Y’know I’m not going anywhere either, right?”

All these feelings made her chest feel all icky, but it would probably just get worse if she ignored them. Nope; she was gonna put all her worries to rest, kill ‘em with a well-placed bite, their worried little bones snapping under her teeth. Yeah. That made her feel loads better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sun-high calm (Open to WC)   sun-high calm (Open to WC) Empty

Back to top Go down

sun-high calm (Open to WC)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Southern Lake-
Jump to: