Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Bad Idea! [c]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptySun 31 Dec 2023 - 16:58

The moon, almost full, bathed the landscape in an almost ethereal glow. The air was crisp and still, making every single breath visible on this cold night. The moor was transformed into a blanket of shimmering frost.

Cloudypaw felt a shiver run down her spine as she padded cautiously outside of her clan's makeshift camp. Brrr! This was her first time outside of the camp, apart from a brief kit adventure with Galepaw, but this time was different. She was free - an apprentice. Pride surged through her, along with the thrill of independence. All of the time Morningmoon spent fussing over her made this moment feel almost bittersweet. The world beyond the camp seemed vast and unknown. This is it. Nobody will know I came out here. Even if they did, why would they care? She was still struggling with the fact she was no longer just a kit.

Her paws crunched softly on the frosted grass as she made her way through their makeshift territory.  Her eyes were wide and excited, taking everything in. It was beautiful. She had heard complaints about it from cats longing to go home... But this was her home and everything she had ever known. Her nose twitched as she caught a faint scent on the breeze. It was almost nostalgic, reminding her of the first time she peeked out of the nursery. It was unmistakable. Mouse.

She dropped into a makeshift crouch, following the scent. She looked silly. It was reminiscent of the crouches she did with Galepaw moons ago. Her mentor, Eaglefly, has yet to teach her how to do one properly. But in this moment, she depended purely on instinct. The scent drew her closer to the boundary of Windclan's temporary territory.

She had it in her sights. A mouse exploring the moor, chewing on something it had found. Her mouth watered. How cool would Galepaw think she was, catching a mouse without her mentor's guidance? Her fantasies of catching her first freshkill were almost crushed as soon as she thought them. The mouse spotted her and immediately started to run, dropping what it was inspecting. "No!" She yowled out in surprise. Please! She rose from her crouch and gave chase. Come back, please!

She didn't realize it, but she had just passed the WindClan boundary.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 703

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptySun 31 Dec 2023 - 18:11

Gouge

It had been a hard day for a hunt. Gouge had been prowling around the lake since dawn, but there was no luck with catching so much as a mouse. The thick snow and this icy cold must be keeping them in their burrows, he thought resentfully as he began retracing his pawsteps eastward.

The breeze shifted, and as he crested a rise, Gouge suddenly caught the scent of cat. He lowered himself into a tactful crouch and stalked forward, nosing between a couple of bushes.

A sudden yowl made the his fur prickle and he bolted out to see what was amiss - and ran straight into a smaller she-cat, headed in his direction. Her would-be prey darted between his legs as the air was knocked from his chest and both the cats tumbled over each other in a flurry of churned up snow and ice.

"Agh!" Gouge gasped, and leaped off from on top of the she-cat.
He backed off a few paces and let the stranger recover. His smoldering amber eyes scanned every inch of her coat. She was lean and well-groomed, he noticed, with a thick, fluffy tortoiseshell-and-tabby pelt. Snow was clotted in her fur and she looked no older than a kit to him.

"Bad luck, scrap," he meowed lightheartedly with a gesture to the brush where the mouse had escaped. His voice was a commanding rumble like thunder deep in his chest. "But you'll scare off all the prey on the moor if you keep yowling like that." There was an amused glint in his eye as he continued scrutinizing the young she-cat. She is obviously young and inexperienced, Gouge considered. I wonder where she's from. Who taught her to hunt? "I could teach you a thing or two, if you like." His gaze reached for hers as he settled himself on his haunches, his tail flicking in a friendly gesture.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptySun 31 Dec 2023 - 18:58

Cloudypaw was convinced she almost had the mouse, despite it being numerous tail lengths ahead of her. I almost have it! Just one more pace! And then... Suddenly... She didn't have anything at all. The breath was knocked out of her in an instant as she crashed into another cat.

...What?
She blinked, disoriented. Her heart was pounding. She slowly stood back up. She was quiet for a second, trying to process what just happened. "I... Uh.." The gravity of the situation hit her. A strange tom in her territory that she didn't recognize. This was an apprentice's worst nightmare: an encounter with a total stranger on their first venture outside the camp. She studied him: he was massive and battle-scarred. There's no way I could beat him in a fight. She quickly assessed.

She could feel the weight of his beautiful gaze as he waited for her to respond to him. "You're..." ...in WindClan territory. She glanced behind her, towards home, and her stomach dropped. How far did I run?! "...I'm so sorry." She mewed, her gaze softening as she looked up at the tom. He's a SkyClan warrior. Oh no. Tigerdance will hear about this at the gathering. I'm in so much trouble. "I didn't mean to." She stammered as her pelt got hot, "I was trying to catch that mouse, and.."

She trailed off when he offered to teach her something. This isn't the reaction she thought she'd receive. He was way too friendly for another clan cat. Why would a SkyClan warrior want to help me? "But, aren't you from SkyClan?" She questioned his motives. She didn't want to get anyone in trouble, and she'd prefer just to forget this encounter. She longed for her brother to be here, to save her.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptySun 31 Dec 2023 - 19:15

Gouge

Gouge's whiskers twitched as the strange young she-cat stammered.
"No apologies necessary. I am not from any Clan," he answered cooly, his strong voice unwavering, a manifestation of the power within the massive tom. He licked a paw and drew it over his ears, smoothing down his fur. "Are you a Clan cat, then?" He asked, his amber gaze finding and locking with Cloudypaw's hazel eyes, the moonlight revealing uncertainty mixed with anxiety in her large, round pools. "Please do not be afraid. I mean you no harm," he soothed, without breaking eye contact.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptyWed 3 Jan 2024 - 0:04

"I am from..." WindClan. She hesitated. "Well, I'm not from any clan either. Just a loner. I'm Cloudy." -paw. Cloudypaw replied, trying to be nonchalant. She felt a tang of guilt, but it was better than revealing who she was. What if he hated clan cats? I hesitated. Ugh. Her mind was racing to come up with a believable story in case he asked, but she opted to try to direct his attention from her origins. "Who are you? Where are you from?"

He looked healthy. He had a gorgeous pelt apart from the scars that parted it. Clear eyes and massive. Clearly, he was well-fed. She couldn't say the same about her home.

The guilt made it hard to maintain eye contact, so she briefly looked down as she sat down in front of the tom. Though, her eyes sparkled. She realized the potential she had here. Ever since Tallshadow had explained their history as WindClan, she was curious about rogues and loners. How did they interact with their ancestors? Where did they live? What kind of structure did they have? She could find out all of that, right now. She could pretend to be Cloudy for a few moments to satisfy her curiosity, and no one will know.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptyWed 3 Jan 2024 - 8:05

Gouge

"Cloudy," Gouge purred with a deep, honey-laced voice. He flicked his tail with interest and his amber eyes tore into the little cat as he sensed her lie. "That is a fitting name," he continued, "for such a fluffy she-cat." His expression, though his gaze was intense and unflinching, was friendly. "I am called Gouge." With that he flexed his muscles under his rippling fur and stepped closer to Cloudy to come face-to-face with her, and though he was still larger in size, he was close enough that he could almost hear the nervous thudding of her heart.

"I've lived in this valley, around the lake my whole life. I have a camp on the East Shore, with some friends of mine. I haven't seen you around these parts, Cloudy," he continued, his sweet breath hot on her face. "My parents were from the mountains, but they came to the lake to keep away from the predators up there."

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptyFri 5 Jan 2024 - 18:52

Cloudypaw couldn't help but feel offended. Morningmoon had explained why she was named that, and it was completely unrelated to her appearance. Though, she just flicked her ear. How was she supposed to explain any of that?

Gouge. Her whiskers twitched. Rogues have such interesting names. Honestly, what a weird name for a cat that seems so passive, charming, and gentle. While he was battle-scarred and massive, she couldn't help but be unsure if he was the one who initiated those battles. As Cloudypaw continued to speak to him, the aura that radiated off of him was very calming. With her terrible lie being accepted, she can finally breathe.

"What kind of predators?" She questioned instantly as soon as he ended his sentence, quickly regretting it on the off chance it'd reveal her identity. "I'm glad you're here now. I am from the south, although I've been with my family this whole time. We just stick together."

She felt embarrassed she didn't know the world like he did. But, it would be great to have this cat's guidance. Every cat at WindClan was so sick, and maybe she could learn something that'd save her clan. "I don't have the experience you do." She admitted, upfront. "You should tell me all about it and teach me. I'd love to see your camp!"
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptySat 6 Jan 2024 - 20:52

Gouge

Gouge stared at Cloudy for a long moment before he continued. This she-cat is definitely hiding something, he decided, and I would bet my supper it's because she is one of those settler cats. His tail twitched as he considered every word from Cloudy's mouth.

"So you have a family that lives around here?" he asked, a knowing glint in his eyes. Taking in cats in need was exactly the sort of business The Brotherhood did, especially young cats like Cloudy. But Gouge knew better. Whether the young she-cat before him understood it herself or not, it was inexperienced of her to think that lying to a rogue like him was a good idea. He could smell the settler cats all over her, along with the faint odor of illness that marked their borders. Until she told him the truth, Gouge could not let her near his camp. All the same, something in the green depths of her eyes made him want to trust Cloudy.

"Meet me here in two days' time, beneath the moonlight," he purred in a velvety voice, "at moonhigh. I will be waiting for you." He hadn't promised the she-cat anything, but his stomach seemed to jump at the prospect of meeting her again. Will she come? he wondered.

The wind stirred his whiskers and his face was so close to Cloudy's that their fur could have brushed as he promptly turned around and began bounding through the tussocks toward the lake shore, tossing one last glance over his shoulder as he disapppeared over the rise.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 17:47

Cloudypaw held her breath as he prodded more into her history, waiting for some emotion out of Gouge. Anger, that she lied and that she's a clan cat that took up precious territory. Brought her sickness to the lakes. Maybe even sadness that she wouldn't trust him because of stereotypes made by her clan. She dreaded the confrontation and the loss of this opportunity to learn something other than her clan's culture. Most importantly, she dreaded losing someone that could end up important to her. The lack of space between them that he maintained amplified this fear. There was no way she could get away if he was as terrible as Morningmoon made rogues seem.

Though, he didn't do any of that. In fact, he completely changed the course of their conversation. The offer to meet again in two days stunned her, and her jaw dropped slightly. What? She couldn't even get a response out until he was almost gone. She straightened her back and yelled out to him, "I'll be there! You'll SEE!" She promised.

She felt a pang of sadness he was gone, hanging out in the area they met for a few moments in hopes he'd turn back around. The thought of just following him passed her mind, out of frustration and impatience. She didn't learn anything about him - who he truly was, where he was from, nothing. But then again, she didn't say a single truthful thing to him either. The unknown was mutual. She felt guilty for doing that, but she didn't really know why. Why did it matter so much?

She sighed, eventually rising to her paws and turning towards WindClan territory. She glanced behind her a final time before taking a few steps forward. She glanced up at Silverpelt, realizing how long she was probably gone. Oh no. She broke out into a messy sprint in the snow, slowing down as she reached the camp to avoid detection.

Her eyes were wide as she reached the entrance, her heart beating with the thrill of potentially getting away with it. She can fantasize about the future visit later, first she had to make it home alive and in secret.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 18:31

Galepaw

Galepaw had been waiting for Cloudypaw's return all evening. They had agreed to share freshkill and share tongues tonight with Morningmoon, to catch her up on their training and adventures. As the sun slid behind the mountains and Silverpelt began to twinkle in the pale leafbare sky, cats had started leaving to their dens for the night. Galepaw sat beside their mother, attentively watching the camp entrance, his tail twitching in a mixture of growing concern and impatience.

"Sorry, mother," he apologized to Morningmoon as she departed to her own nest. It's so unlike Cloudypaw to keep us waiting like this, he thought, I hope she's not in any danger. The thought sent alarm tingling through his pelt down to his paws, and he paced restlessly throughout camp. Finally, he resolved to go find his sister. He padded to the camp entrance and slid silently out onto the moor, scanning the horizon for any signs of his sister.

Almost immediately, he saw the fluffy silhouette of a cat cross the rise and head slowly in the direction of camp. Galepaw lowered himself into a crouch and moved behind one of the tussocks, his eyes pinned on the cat. As she approached, the familiar pelt of his sister came into view beneath the starlight, and he stepped out into the trail in front of her, his tail raise high, and his ears pinned to his head.

"Cloudypaw," he meowed, "where in StarClan have you been? You kept Morningmoon waiting up for you tonight. You had us worried sick." Though he felt mostly concern for his sister, and relief upon her arrival, something was itching beneath his pelt... something... ominous. Galepaw couldn't quite put his claw on it, but something just didn't feel right here. His sister was entirely unscathed, and she didn't bring back any prey. The image of Cloudypaw running from him in his dreams flashed in his mind, but he quickly shoved away the thought. Now isn't the time for that.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 19:08

Cloudypaw instantly stopped in her paw steps as she saw Galepaw step out in front of her. She tensed as she pushed back her ears, her eyes widening in shock. She was so close to the camp entrance. He looked so... Unhappy. Potential outs flooded her mind, desperate to avoid this confrontation. I could turn around and tail it... No. Ask Gouge to take me in tonight? Too late for all that.

Guilt washed over her as he spoke. Morningmoon. Her promise. Her plans with her family. Surely, Galepaw would understand, right? He had to, as her brother. They've shared everything together. She dipped her head to the ground in shame. "Galepaw," she whispered, "I would never, ever intentionally ditch our plans with mom. I lost track of time, and I'll never do it again."

She looked at him, making steady eye contact. Expecting they'll be there for a minute, she sat down with her tail curled neatly over her paws. "I got caught up near the border, chasing a mouse," She explained her case. "I... met a cat. A tom. He wasn't from the clans!" Her eyes sparkled with interest and fascination, expecting Galepaw to share it too. "Isn't that so cool? He wants to see me again. I could learn so much!"

She expected Galepaw to share the same sentiment, studying his features and looking forward to his excitement.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 15:53

Galepaw

Galepaw's gaze softened on his sister as she admitted her fault and promised never to hold them up again. He nodded, and followed her lead and sat down with her, perking his ears to listen to her story. Certainly, she has a good reason for it, right? he considered. I should at least hear her out. That's what I'm here for, after all.

So she was hunting after all! he thought with relief. His pelt pricked uncomfortably when he thought about his sister going over the border. Into another clan's territory, perhaps? Oh no! he thought, his eyes rounding with concern and alarm. Did she get caught by a patrol? He felt anxiety bubbling up in his chest, his heart rate picking up. I would shred any cat who dares to lay a claw on my sister!

His anxiety shot higher as Cloudypaw explained that the cat was, in fact, a rogue. Rogues aren't bound by the warrior code! he thought with alarm. They have no honor! He opened his mouth to voice his concerns, until... was that... fascination in his sister's eyes? Admiration, even?

Galepaw's heart dropped.
Cool? he thought in icy shock. See her again? A filthy rogue?
The words spilled out of Galepaw's mouth faster than he could think them. "You met a what?" he spat, his hackles raising, "See you again??" he echoed with mixed shock and anger. "That's not cool, Cloudypaw, it's dangerous! Can't you see that? It could be a trap! There's no way you can trust a cat who lives outside the warrior code. They have no honor! You could get hurt.. or... or killed!!" Galepaw's voice raised in a panic. "What was a rogue doing so close to our border, anyway? What if he's planning something?" Galepaw's heart was beating harder than when he chased prey. His mind whirled.

"There's no way!! We need to tell Sootstorm about this immediately!" he hissed, and turned his back on Cloudypaw, ready to leap straight back into camp to find the deputy.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 17:41

Cloudypaw flinched at his intense, unexpected reaction. It would've been less painful if he just raked his claws across her muzzle instead. Him shutting her down was so out of character for him - this couldn't be the Galepaw she thought she knew - was this Goldengale corrupting him? She expected Galepaw to want to come with her to meet Gouge, or be extremely nosey to learn everything she learns. Not this. Not in a million moons did she expect him to act like this.

"Galepaw, wait!" She called out as he turned around, her voice desperate and pleading. "Please!" She rose to her paws instantly, swiftly blocking his path back to camp with a fast scramble. Adrenaline was pumping through her veins, and she took a few deep breaths. "Please... Galepaw. Give me a chance to explain. I just wanted to share this with you. Something exciting, not cause trouble or make you upset. I know it's weird.. He's not dangerous or unhonorable like you said. He was so kind and friendly. We're going to be friends, whether you like that or not."

She firmly held her ground, her pupils slitted and her ears flattened. "Please, let's keep this between us. I don't want you to jump to conclusions and make Sootstorm and Tigerdance upset for no reason. He's harmless, we're not. Trust me, you're my brother." She begged, her voice a whisper to avoid detection from their sleeping clanmates. She hoped that she could appeal to her brother somehow by bringing up their bond and keep this encounter a secret. She desperately wanted to continue to build her friendship with Gouge. She could learn so, so much.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 18:28

Galepaw

Galepaw's back arched defensively as his sister blocked his way into camp.
"Get out of my way, Cloudypaw," he warned. "I can't let you see that rogue. They're all dishonorable and dangerous!" Galepaw's blood boiled beneath his pelt. His breath came in gasps as he struggled against his illness. Getting angry only seemed to make the symptoms worse, but Galepaw couldn't stop. "He was kind and friendly? Cloudypaw, don't you know that's exactly what he wanted you to think? He's going to set a trap for you! I won't let you go see him again. You can't!"

"Jump to conclusions?? Don't you remember what Morningmoon taught us? You can only trust your own clanmates!" A low, guttural growl was rising up in Galepaw's throat. His vision was filled with images of Cloudypaw running away from him, being unable to catch up to her. A huge cat rising up above him, staring down into him with resentful, burning amber eyes. This is it! He thought in a panic, his eyes narrowing. I can't let her go! Something terrible is about to happen!

"Trust you?" he spat, "How can I trust you, when you're so willing to break the warrior code and betray WindClan -  betray me - just to satisfy your own morbid curiosity? How could you be so... so... mouse-brained!?" Within the grip of blind rage, Galepaw lashed out at his sister...

Galepaw uses Front Paw Strike dealing 6 damage and -7 SP.

Galepaw

20 / 20 HP
53 / 60 SP (60 - 7)

Cloudypaw
14 / 20 HP (20 - 6)
60 / 60 SP

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 20:42

Cloudypaw opened up her mouth to argue with what he was saying. To argue against being an awful code-breaker. That she was betraying her clan. This was her home, how could she hurt them? She was trying to help them by learning! That he could trust her, that she was his sister. As soon as she took a breath in to speak, he lashed out at her with unsheathed claws that glinted in the moonlight.

Tensing, she squeezed her eyes shut to protect them, and she quickly ducked her head to try to avoid the blow. But, she failed by a mouse-length. Her ear stung as his claw slid through, causing her to release a soft cry in pain. She almost immediately felt the warmth from the blood saturating her fur. Though, it quickly turned cold on this icy moor.

She stared back at him with a look that was almost indescribable - mixed with many emotions. Pain, betrayal, sadness, grief. The lack of being understood, or even an attempt to be understood, by your own littermate and bestest friend. The fact he'd even accuse of her being such a terrible cat. She couldn't even recognize him anymore. He told her that he'd protect her and that they were united in this world. I guess that was a lie.

Her eyes welled up with tears as blood dripped down her cheek, dripping down to the snow below. She flattened her ears to her face and wrinkled her nose in anger.

And, without a single word, she left him there. She turned around and slowly walked back into camp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bad Idea! [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Idea! [c]   Bad Idea! [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad Idea! [c]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Southern Lake-
Jump to: