Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

somehow missed the warning signs [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6065

somehow missed the warning signs [c] Empty
PostSubject: somehow missed the warning signs [c]   somehow missed the warning signs [c] EmptySun 17 Dec 2023 - 13:48

Leopardstar moved slowly, only in part due to the sickness that was still clawing at her. The rest of her Clanmates, the ones who couldn't do so much as stand or speak clearly, were faring worse; even as she could feel herself growing weaker by the day. This was the part she'd been chosen to play: she had the willpower and the lives to spare, where her Clanmates did not.

In this moment she needed the patience of a leader; an open mind to listen and hear what her warriors had to say. Even if she already felt the sting of betrayal, trust lost, and uncertain loyalties.

"Lighttail," she called to the former scout (who had been swiftly removed from that position), making her approach at the tail-end of a coughing fit. She'd prefer that her words at least be coherent. "Do you have a moment? I'd like to speak with you."

What love could have possessed a loyal warrior to betray her Clan's trust? She almost wished she understood. For Lighttail's sake, she would try to. But if her cousin was as set on leaving as Sablestrike had made it sound...

She couldn't play favorites, and she couldn't place her faith in a cat who had willingly broken the trust her Clanmates placed in her.

Leopardstar supposed there was no sense dwelling on it any further until she had some answers.

after all the things i’ve said and done; i don’t feel like the chosen one —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2464

PostSubject: Re: somehow missed the warning signs [c]   somehow missed the warning signs [c] EmptyTue 19 Dec 2023 - 11:45

Lighttail wasn’t faring all that well herself, the coughing fits growing worse by the day. Still, she continued as many of her duties as possible. She especially had been making sure to kill any rat she saw on sight. She’d only seen a couple at the lake but wasn’t about to let them kill her sick clanmates.

She was no fool. Lighttail knew Sablestrike had been up to something when she was removed from scouting without an explanation. She sat down at Leopardstar’s approach, nodding respectfully. “Yes, Leopardstar. Sablestrike has spoken to you.” It wasn’t a question. “What exactly did he say? I ask only to be sure that I am being heard accurately, as I don’t know that he understands my position.”
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: somehow missed the warning signs [c]   somehow missed the warning signs [c] EmptyTue 19 Dec 2023 - 14:32

Leopardstar nodded: that was her intent, after all. To hear Lighttail's side of the story, and not just Sablestrike's emotional response. "He let me know you've supposedly been seeing a SkyClan tom, and that you don't intend to stay with us for long. He said as much in a... Let's say, less than charitable manner. It wasn't hard to tell that he was incapable of being objective about the situation, so I asked him not to join me for this conversation. I want to hear what you have to say, Lighttail."

She forced herself to remain physically calm, despite her lingering concerns. "I want to understand what happened here. Just days ago I would have sworn that you were a trustworthy warrior; one whose loyalty I had never had any cause to question. Now, suddenly, everything I thought was clear no longer is. And it won't be until I've heard whatever it is you have to say, at which point we--including you--will decide how to proceed."

after all the things i’ve said and done; i don’t feel like the chosen one —— info.
✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: somehow missed the warning signs [c]   somehow missed the warning signs [c] EmptyTue 19 Dec 2023 - 15:07

Lighttail relaxed a little. She’d been afraid of Leopardstar’s anger, but perhaps Sablestrike had been the worst of it. “I’ll try to present my side as calmly as I can, Leopardstar,” she mewed. “Firstly, I haven’t felt seen or cared about as an individual in this clan in a long time. Every time I think someone cares, they seem to prove me otherwise. This includes Sablestrike, as he made it quite clear he is no longer my brother when we spoke. With Stoatclaw, I feel seen. Secondly, we didn’t break the code for the vast majority of our relationship. The warrior code specifically allows friends in other clans, and for a long time that’s what we were. Thirdly, no I am not pregnant. Just wanted to get that out of the way. Now. Could I have brought Stoatclaw to ShadowClan? No. Last time he was with us it was because a cat literally tried to murder him. I won’t make anyone relive that.

All that being said, I should have told you sooner and I want to come clean with that. The nature of our friendship changed before my mother’s death. I said nothing because I have been her caretaker for so long and I couldn’t leave while she was ill. By the time she died-“ she began tearing up “-the clan was starving. Maybe I have the wrong idea of loyalty, but I thought the more loyal option would be to stay and hunt for a clan that didn’t want me than to deprive ShadowClan of a warrior in times like these. I’m sorry, Leopardstar. I’m sorry my stupid heart can’t connect with the right cats. I’m sorry for being stupid and invisible. But I don’t see how I can stay here, when the one cat who used to love me has turned his back.”
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: somehow missed the warning signs [c]   somehow missed the warning signs [c] EmptyTue 19 Dec 2023 - 15:52

"Well, his experiences clearly didn't dissuade him from a relationship with you," Leopardstar commented, but left it at that. She could see the logic in Lighttail's reasoning for not bringing her mate into ShadowClan, but... "As far as I'm concerned, you will always be family. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear enough before it was too late. You have never been invisible, Lighttail. Resilient, yes. As any ShadowClan cat should be. But not invisible."

The leader was relieved that her cousin was much calmer than Sablestrike had been, though it was sad to see how thoroughly she'd made up her mind and how it seemed to have happened some time ago. How long had she believed she was living in isolation? "I can't comprehend turning away from the cats that raised you, that made you who you are. Even when I was ShadowClan's pariah, even when they hated me for my mistakes, I could never imagine turning my back on my Clan." She sighed, shaking her head. "But I also can't make you stay somewhere you aren't happy. You're free to make your own choices, as you always have been."

Leopardstar's tail curled tightly around her side.

"Still, you need to know the choice you're making: there's no guarantee that SkyClan will accept you, and even less that they will ever trust you. And if they turn you away, you've made it clear that I can't in good conscience take you back into ShadowClan: if your loyalty is somewhere else, I can't let you stay. I hope that I will never have to call you my enemy, but if you go, you will never be one of us again. Are you prepared to risk that?"

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: somehow missed the warning signs [c]   somehow missed the warning signs [c] EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 7:15

Much to her relief, Leopardstar continued to be reasonable and not berate Lighttail for things she had no control over. “It’s not your fault, Leopardstar,” Lighttail mewed, staring off into the distance. “Of all cats, you had good reason. You’re busy. I understand that. And maybe even Sablestrike has his reasons, I guess. After all, he’s Clanborn. I’m not. Still, I think I need to go. Now that he hates me, I can’t live under his supervision anymore. I’ve already suffered more than you’ll ever know, Leopardstar. In SkyClan, I know at least that one cat is always on my side. I have nothing left to lose.”
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: somehow missed the warning signs [c]   somehow missed the warning signs [c] EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 7:31

"The things I'm meant to be busy with include taking care of my Clan. And that includes every cat within it--which, for the moment, still includes you. In a very real way, I failed you."

Part of her wanted to continue on the trail of warnings--nothing was guaranteed; Lighttail's mate could be killed in battle or in some accident even if they did take her. She'd be entirely on her own, then. But Lighttail was, for the most part, reasonable; surely she knew those risks already. Treating her like a kit wouldn't preserve what relationship she would allow them to have.

"If you're entirely sure that you're willing to risk being turned away by them, I'll arrange to speak with Birdstar and Wolfblossom. Are they aware of this already? They'll need to know your mate's name, as well."

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: somehow missed the warning signs [c]   somehow missed the warning signs [c] EmptyThu 21 Dec 2023 - 8:18

“Don’t apologize, Leopardstar,” Lighttail mewed. “I should probably have told somebody how I felt sooner. I’ve just had to be the strong one in the family for too long, I guess. I know life is short, and I want to be happy before it’s too late. I don’t know if Stoatclaw’s talked to his leader and deputy yet. I know he was going to, but life kinda fell apart.”
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: somehow missed the warning signs [c]   somehow missed the warning signs [c] EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023 - 7:46

Leopardstar nodded, trying to ignore the feeling of disappointment. She'd meant what she said: she couldn't force Lighttail to make a different choice. Even if she wanted to. "In that case, I'll attempt to arrange a meeting; assuming they're up for it. You'll be expected to be present, and I imagine your mate will as well: I'm not the one you'll be making your case to."

She paused, lingering, and then sighed. "Whatever happens... I wish you only happiness. And I meant what I said. Even if you choose not to be one of us, you will always be family to me. I can't let that influence my decisions, but... You are loved. I can promise that."

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: somehow missed the warning signs [c]   somehow missed the warning signs [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

somehow missed the warning signs [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Southern Lake-
Jump to: