Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

We keep fixing what we know is only bound to break (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 310

We keep fixing what we know is only bound to break (c) Empty
PostSubject: We keep fixing what we know is only bound to break (c)   We keep fixing what we know is only bound to break (c) EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 16:04

Tallpaw picked his way past his clanmates, gently brushing against Sootstorm in passing before finding where the queens had decided to settle down for the night. He dropped one of the mice he had swinging from his jaws and dipped his head to them before gingerly picking up the second and making his way towards the silhouettes of his denmates who were sharing tongues and getting comfortable in the grass. Old habits die hard, and most of the apprentices tended to group up like they did back in camp. It was not difficult to pick out the sprawled lump of golden fur. Shaking his head fondly, he quietly stepped over and around the cats in his path until he stood over Goldenpaw, unsure if she was asleep already or just resting her eyes. He dropped the mouse he was carrying and gently nudged her over a bit so he could curl up next to her.  The golden tom licked her shoulder to rouse her, wiggling a bit to get comfortable. “You’re a terrible nest builder.” He huffed, laying his sharp chin over her back.

“But I brought you a mouse, you should eat something.” He closed his eyes, focusing on the steady rise and fall of her breath. The wind nipped at his ears, but it was warm enough with the shapes of his clanmates all around. “Have I ever told you about my siblings?” Tallpaw asked quietly into the stillness. The older he got, the more dim their shapes felt. He wondered if he might forget the color of their fur, or the sounds of their voices one day. He didn’t know if he should call that grief or healing, the slow sloughing off of their memories. “I’ve been dreaming about them recently. I don’t know why. I always forget exactly what the dream was about… Just the smell of the nursery from before stays stuck up in my nose.” The  fading gorse petals, the milk-scent, the unpleasant curl of sickness that always lingered after, so vivid he could never tell if it was still the dream or if the scent was wafting over from the other clans.

”Sometimes I’m glad they aren’t here, to see things get this bad. But I'd also do anything to have them back.” It had been easy enough to push down any lingering barb of weakness back when things were normal. Apprentice duties, hunting patrols, there was always a task he could throw himself into to avoid feeling anything but exhausted. Now it was impossible to ignore the unease that made a home for itself under his fur. The unknown chafed at him constantly, an inescapable dread that settled like a stone in his belly.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2299

We keep fixing what we know is only bound to break (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: We keep fixing what we know is only bound to break (c)   We keep fixing what we know is only bound to break (c) EmptySun 26 Nov 2023 - 13:39

Goldenpaw wasn’t quite asleep. Not just yet.

The adventure so far had been fun, exhilaration buoying her spirits, and yet now that they were so far out from home, so many hours of monotonous walking… she didn’t know. It was easier to ignore the whatever bubbling up in her chest and just curl up in a ball nearby her fellow apprentices, waiting for sleep to come. Maybe it was early, but the day had been long.

The sound of pawsteps didn’t make her raise her head, exactly, but the voice following them sure did, blinking away sleepiness in favour of mock irritation. “Wha? Rude,” she huffed, nudging the mouse with her nose. “I should throw this in your face for that,” the fluffy molly teased, snapping up the morsel easily. She was never quite full and never had been, but she wasn’t exactly hungry either. Just an indistinct in-between.

The sound of her brother’s breathing was already starting to lull her to sleep by the time he spoke again, but Goldenpaw made the effort to listen. His siblings? Something told her that this conversation was a little more serious, a little heavier than their usual banter, and she wasn’t quite sure how to handle that. The first thing that sprung to mind to say was something along the lines of “what did you eat?”, but somehow she thought he didn’t want a solution. She wasn’t sure what he wanted.

”’m sorry,” she offered at last, resting her chin on his back. All she could do, all she knew how to do, was to be there for him, and do all she could to keep him safe.
Back to top Go down

We keep fixing what we know is only bound to break (c)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Starfall Territory-
Jump to: