Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

platinum blossom (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

platinum blossom (c) Empty
PostSubject: platinum blossom (c)   platinum blossom (c) EmptyWed 8 Nov 2023 - 10:29

A silver shadow in the night, Rose padded silently along the road.

The rough ground made her paws ache, but Bracken Wing had advised to stay away from the marsh, and the other side of the road reeked with scent marks, and so she trotted along the road. At any moment a car could appear, but she would see it from afar, hear the clamor and feel the shaking underneath her. She’d have enough time to bolt to the side… she hoped. Cars were easier to see coming than territorial “Clan” cats, which she had yet to meet and as such were an unknown variable. Her destination? Seeing the other side of these territories, in the hopes of finding someplace to make her own in this land of plenty. She could not expect Bracken Wing and Whisper Ear to give her shelter forever.

There- far off, a bright artificial light, with none of the gentle illusion the moon brought. With a quiet yelp, Rose sprinted to the side of the road, throwing herself down the slope with somewhat preemptive caution. A moment later, the car roared past, wind rustling her fur. Ugh. Those things never failed to make her heart pound. Paws only trembling slightly, Rose stood, noticing her swampy surroundings. She’d better get out of the marsh as soon as possible, but the slope back up to the road was tangled; and that was the sound of another approaching car. Surely no other cat would be abroad at night.
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

PostSubject: Re: platinum blossom (c)   platinum blossom (c) EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 22:36

Silverpaw

Silverpaw had a new idea.

What
prey survived the Thunderpath without being mashed under the heavy black paws of the roiling monsters-- it ran. Fled down the incline on either side of the black strip of earth. If he was lucky, if he waited with stillness and patience... something would spook into the marsh, near enough he could close distance to kill it before it got away. A low snarl in his gut echoed his determination. He was aware this was a venture that could leave him empty-pawed, even after an entire night and day at the Thunderpath's side... but there was a chance. He was clever, he was quick, and starving creatures were prone to foolishness.

So he settled in the dying bracken, watching as the dying sun bled its last light from the sky and the moon rose higher and higher, dragging the star-specked curtain of black in its wake. Nothing came; in fact, he caught no scent nor sound of prey in his hours of waiting, not even in passing. The forest really was gutted. Silverpaw was growing frustrated, nearly enough to abandon his mission, when the air grew bitter, and the ground under his paws trembled. There was no point in stalling... but the shiver froze his paws. Moments later, blinding light fell upon his back, and a monster came ripping across the Thunderpath, dragging black clouds of that acrid scent with it... and startling up a quiet sound of alarm. Silverpaw's ears flipped forward with immediate interest and a ripple of excitement went through his muscles.

Without hesitating, Silverpaw sank low into his weight and crept from beneath the cracking tangle sheltering him. The air was starting to rumble again, but he had a singular focus now: advancing on the yelp he'd heard, the thud of weight hitting the ground. Distantly, he was aware that the noises were from something much larger than mouse or squirrel. More presently, he couldn't find it in him to care. Silverpaw thought only that a larger animal would keep more cats fed, or keep them fed longer.

When he thought he was near to the point of contact, he gathered himself and propelled himself off the swampy ground, sending himself forward to connect. He rolled against the weight he crashed into, and when his jaw separated it was with intent to find the throat, but another cast of beaming light revealed the figure he'd tackled to be a cat. Immediately, Silverpaw scrambled back, spitting, "Sorry," alongside a piece of fur now caught in his teeth. His stomach turned at the realization he'd been made so mad by hunger he might have killed another cat without realizing his victim until it was too late. If that monster hadn't come nearly at the moment of impact...

Silverpaw shook himself out and took a moment to properly assess the cat in front of him. Muddied now, which he offered an apologetic frown for. No Clan scent stuck to her... she was just some passing rogue. Lifting his chin, Silverpaw filled his chest so he looked imposing, taller even than he was. Despite the height he tried to assume, he was kind in saying, "Sorry, again... I didn't realize you were- well, a cat. Silly me." He laughs a bit breathlessly and tilts his head. There's a smile slowly working its way onto his features, and he looks earnest, but there's sharpness to the glint in his eyes. "You're not a kittypet, are you? I can't see a collar on you. Just a loner, then? Do you have an idea where you are?"

Throw my better self overboard, shoot at him when he comes up for air.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

PostSubject: Re: platinum blossom (c)   platinum blossom (c) EmptyWed 15 Nov 2023 - 12:03

Sheer terror flooded through Rose’s veins as something crashed into her out of nowhere, a sort of pure horrified resignation that, yes. She was going to die here, and there was nothing she could do, her claws snagging on thick fur and teeth meeting thin air.

At least, until the other cat stepped back and… apologized?

Sides heaving, Rose merely stared at him for a long moment, eyes dilated with fear. It took a few seconds for his words to make sense to her fear-addled brain, and when they finally did, her relief was palpable. He could’ve killed her, then, but he didn’t, and there was no reason he could possibly have for faking the apology. The strange urge to laugh built up in her throat like bile, but Rose bit it back, all too familiar with the hysterics that would follow. Funny, though, wasn’t it, that the only cat she could prove meant her no harm was the one who had tackled her to the ground moments earlier? It made sense, though; he had won in a matter of moments, fangs to her throat, and yet backed down. How odd.

A deep breath; in and out. Some of the tension ebbed from her shoulders as Rose listened silently, not quite yet trusting her voice. A… kitty pet? Hmm? She blinked slowly, confused and tired as the adrenaline left her. Oh- he must be a Clan cat, intent upon driving her off. “…Clan territory? I apologize; I kept to the road as much as I could, but… you saw the cars. I do not intend to trespass.”

As her heart slowly returned to its usual rate, Rose felt the itching mud now caked to her pelt. Ugh. She would leave as soon as she could, but her limbs felt weak from the sudden fright and not-quite-equal to the mad scramble up the slope. Oh… her heart. What had he thought she was, if not a cat? Perhaps he was simply battle-hungry; the glint in his green eyes seemed to tell of a fierce affection for spars and rights. He was tall enough to back that up, anyways. If he hadn’t realized that she was not prey… she shuddered to think of it.
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

PostSubject: Re: platinum blossom (c)   platinum blossom (c) EmptyWed 29 Nov 2023 - 12:31

Silverpaw

Fear scent rolled thickly off the she-cat, though relief washed through the air when she processed the immediate danger was no gone. Silverpaw's maw remained slightly parted so the scents washing over his tongue were fuller. Even as she began to calm, that sense of trepidation still lingered; he could taste it, bitter on his tongue. It gave him a little thrill, knowing he could strike such a chord in another. The thought of his mouth sticky with cat's blood was still making his stomach turn, but the swell in his chest worked to effectively combat it. At least, if he was to return to camp empty-pawed after all, he would get something rewarding out of his increasingly fruitless ventures.

"You know of the Clans?" Silverpaw asked as her shaken voice rose up. The surprise in his lilt was genuine, shown further in the slow pattern of blinks he expressed. "Well, consider me impressed." Did she really know anything about the Clans, or had she only heard of them in passing? Outsiders supposedly knew them as great, big beasts that sucked the marrow out of kit bones. Maybe that was all she knew of the Clans; maybe that had caused her fear of them. Or she knew far more than she should, knowing exactly who's territory she stood on, their intricacies. She could have been lying, making herself seem sheepish just as he was. Silverpaw was sure he'd notice someone reflecting his own acts though, like facing his reflection in a puddle, and the trembling heap of fur that had only just started to still was far from being comparable to him.

"Cars?" He echoed, angling his head back toward the Thunderpath. The black strip of earth was quiet now, no thunder signaling the gallop of oncoming beasts. Their acrid stench was fading quickly. Silverpaw looked back and forth across the length of it stretching onto opposite horizons before turning back to the loner. "I think you mean monsters," he corrected gently. "I don't blame you for running from them. I wouldn't want to be caught under their paws." Silverpaw stepped close again as he spoke and, without warning, bent down to gently bite into her scruff. Not hard, but with just enough pressure to pull her onto her paws. He pressed his shoulder against hers, steadying her if she wavered, and turned another broad smile on her.

"Well, you're already trespassing." Silverpaw said it plainly, like it was no bother. He didn't need to emphasize his point; it had been made with his introduction. "How about," he hummed, "you tell me your name and where you're trespassing, and I won't finish what I've started?" A laugh rippled through him, and the threat was quickly softened with, "Don't startle! My name is Silverpaw, and that was a joke."

Throw my better self overboard, shoot at him when he comes up for air.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6