Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Delicate Balance [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 686

A Delicate Balance [C] Empty
PostSubject: A Delicate Balance [C]   A Delicate Balance [C] EmptyFri 3 Nov 2023 - 7:55

Nectarflower

It had been some time since the famine had started and though everyone was busy keeping the clan fed, Nectarflower had something else on her mind for today. Now being free from the nursery, she had plenty more time to dedicate towards things that had fallen through the cracks. Primarily, Quickpaw's training. Various cats had stepped in to help fill in for her, but that wouldn't be necessary anymore - she was sure of it. Though, she would have to thank Sleepyhollow and Sootstorm in particular.

Fur puffed out against the brisk wind, Nectarflower scanned the hollow, green eyes looking out for her apprentice's white coat. And, thankfully, it didn't take long to find her. Shaking out her pelt, the thin warrior trotted up to the other she-cat, a pleasant smile on her face. Good morning Quickpaw!" It had been a little while since she'd spent much time with the younger she-cat, but there was no need for things to stay that way! Quickpaw was Sootstorm's daughter - she deserved the best!

"I know with my kits and the famine, things got busy, but would you like to come out to the flower fields with me?" Her gaze landed on a tuft of fur sticking on Quickpaw's shoulder and, though she wanted to, Nectarflower resisted the urge to smooth down the bit of unruly bit of fur. It was an instinct she couldn't quite shake, but Quickpaw wasn't her daughter, and she doubted the white she-cat would appreciate being treated like it.

Clearing her throat, Nectarflower gestured to the sun, which had been up just long enough to melt the frost from the grass and smiled. "It's still a bit chilly but getting moving should help warm us up." And, with any luck, the sun would warm the moors just enough to tempt some rabbits from their burrows.

Back to top Go down
Your Every Day Cat

Your Every Day Cat

Characters : Alive: (Q)uickfrost (B)luekit (A)vernus Dead:(J)aysong (B)rightpaw OnePaw (Or)angeheart (C)reamfrost (F)rostPaw (D)ark(anyone remember this guy?)
Clan/Rank : (Q)WindClan T1 Warrior, (B)Shadowclan Kit, (A)T1 Rouge
Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: A Delicate Balance [C]   A Delicate Balance [C] EmptyTue 7 Nov 2023 - 18:25

It had been an easy few days for Quickpaw, besides the whole incident with Duskpaw which she is still apologizing about. It wouldn’t be that serious, would it? She still hoped for Duskpaw's well-being as she sat in camp. It would probably be best to just stop thinking about it. She then thought about other things. Like how Nectarflower was at last out of the Nursery. Her training would at last be finally on track again. Speaking of, wasn’t it weird that now her mentor was out she wasn’t doing anything? So she started to look around for her mentor.

It wasn’t long before Quickpaw found Nectarflower, she was actually looking for her. “Good Mornin'” she replied happily. She sat and listened to what her mentor had to say. “I was just lookin' for something to do, so sure!” She looked at Nectarflower for a second then noticed her gaze was on a piece of her fur. She looked and realized it wasn’t lookin' the best. “Sorry about that, I didn’t feel like grooming myself today” she quickly tried to fix up the part of her fur. She might not have liked explaining herself, but she understood she had to listen to warriors as an apprentice. Sure, Nectarflower didn’t tell her to, but she just then felt like it.

It had only been a couple of minutes until they got to the flower field, she hadn’t realized how cold it had gotten with these upcoming days. It seemed as if the sun had just melted the frost of the grass of the moor. She agreed with Nectarflower and realized if she moved more she would be less cold. With that in mind she started to run. Nowhere in particular just a certain distance away and back to Nectarflower “You’re right I feel much less cold now.” All warmed up it was time to find out why she was out here. “So, why’d you bring me out here?” Not that it was a bad thing. She just wanted to know.

OOC: sorry about the wait!
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: A Delicate Balance [C]   A Delicate Balance [C] EmptyThu 7 Dec 2023 - 20:38

Nectarflower

Nectarflower smiled warmly at Quickpaw's ready acceptance of her offer and flicked her tail for the younger she-cat to follow her. Then, as Quickpaw went on, apologizing for her ruffled fur, she chuckled. "It's quite alright dear, I don't always feel like grooming myself either, honestly." Then, noticing the she-cat struggling to tame the unruly bit of fur, reached out and helped smooth down the tuft. "There." She meowed happily. "All better!" Well, mostly better.

Turning, the tortoiseshell warrior led the way out of the camp, her tail high and mood cheery despite the poor state of the clans. The walk was calm and swift, though, a fact Nectarflower much appreciated. She wanted to squeeze in as much time with Quickpaw as she possibly could. Then, as Quickpaw's voice broke the silence, she realized that she'd forgotten to explain the purpose of their outing. "Right! Well, I just thought it would be nice to spend some time together!"

She trotted further into the fields, noticing a distinct lack of flowers, and frowned. What had she expected? It was starting to get pretty chilly out - the frost had killed much of the flowers already. Nevertheless, there were still some hardy flowers dotted across the fields. They would simply have to do. Whiskers twitching, Nectarflower gestured to a clump of pretty, white flowers. "Come sit with me - I'd like to show you something." Humming, she settled down, eyes fixed on the delicate petals.

Back to top Go down
Your Every Day Cat

Your Every Day Cat

Characters : Alive: (Q)uickfrost (B)luekit (A)vernus Dead:(J)aysong (B)rightpaw OnePaw (Or)angeheart (C)reamfrost (F)rostPaw (D)ark(anyone remember this guy?)
Clan/Rank : (Q)WindClan T1 Warrior, (B)Shadowclan Kit, (A)T1 Rouge
Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: A Delicate Balance [C]   A Delicate Balance [C] EmptySat 9 Dec 2023 - 12:29

Quickpaw would normally have been mad at Nectarflower's attempt to groom her fur, but Nectarflower was a good friend and her mentor, so she didn’t mind… that much. So they walked, Quickpaw asked a question Nectarflower answered. “Sounds nice, I’d take that over a hunting patrol or fighting” she responded. The went farther into the fields, as she looked around she noticed out of all flowers that had been here almost all of them had been frosted. As she continued to look around, she heard Nectarflower ask her to come over. So she sat down next to her mentor, wondering what she could show her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Delicate Balance [C]   A Delicate Balance [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Delicate Balance [C]
Page 1 of 1