Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Back To Square 1[Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3222

Back To Square 1[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Back To Square 1[Open]   Back To Square 1[Open] EmptySun 29 Oct 2023 - 21:31

Quiet people have the loudest minds

She shouldn't have come here. Call it foolish, call it mouse-brained, but she wanted to be somewhere where she had known what she was doing. Before everything went downhill. When she still had her family and friends and a perfect life just round the corner. Copperlark closed her eyes, taking in the stale scents of the cats that had trampled this ground for a single night every moon for as long as the Clans have existed. She was no longer a part of the Clans, but most of her life had been spent in the comforts of ThunderClan camp. Well, comfort was an exaggeration. She had struggled to navigate the forest like a fish out of water, and she always had trouble getting along with some of her clanmates. Cloudychase hadn't made things easier. That was part of why she left.

But was her life now any better? She couldn't say. It seemed like every life she got to know was doomed to be taken away. Maybe... maybe she should leave Bird somewhere, under the care of cats more capable than she to take care of him. Maybe that was the only way she could prevent him from sharing the same fate as his littermates. Copperlark's heart crumbled as she realized that she was thinking about abandoning her only child. But what else could she do?

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2424

PostSubject: Re: Back To Square 1[Open]   Back To Square 1[Open] EmptyTue 31 Oct 2023 - 8:46

She shouldn’t have come here. Not alone, not in times like this. But Blazefang needed to go back. She sat in the spot where she and Dayquill had met so long ago and imagined. She imagined she was still a young warrior, in love and without the grief of failing everyone she knew. The familiarity calmed her in a way as she fidgeted with the orange and white pebble she’d brought. The pebble that had led to meeting Dayquill. On this spot, who she was no longer mattered. Blazefang could lose herself. Blazefang closed her eyes as reality fell away.

But would dreaming only be worse? She opened her eyes at a scent she hadn’t smelled in so long. Copperlark was here, and apparently hadn’t noticed her. No, this couldn’t be reality. Her mind was only tormenting her.

Blazefang closed her eyes again, hissing under her breath, but when she opened them her daughter was still there. “Copperlark?” she mewed. Was this reality?
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Back To Square 1[Open]   Back To Square 1[Open] EmptyTue 31 Oct 2023 - 16:43

Copperlark froze at a voice that she had once loved and hated at the same time. Blazefang...? Her throat went dry as she whipped around to face her mother for the first time since she left ThunderClan more than six moons ago. What was she doing here? What was Copperlark doing here? She had to get out, before they dragged in a whole patrol and took away the only thing she had left to love. Her mind instantly turned to Bird. Where was he? Had they found him already? The she-cat began to bristle, tail lashing as the urge to return to her kit become more and more urgent.

Blazefang- what did she want? Copperlark forced herself not to throw herself forward, teeth bared and claws unseathed. When did violence become something she was so used to? "Blazefang," She acknowledged at last.

Nerd

Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Back To Square 1[Open]   Back To Square 1[Open] EmptyWed 1 Nov 2023 - 9:27

Blazefang sat stock still, expression blank. There was no reason to get excited, this wasn’t real. Copperlark had been dead for moons. What was an echo of the relatively recent past doing here, anyway? She’d been thinking of a time long gone! She shrank back as the seeming vision before her grew hostile.

Blazefang could see every muscle tensing, the daughter before her now just as angry as all the cats in her dreams. Of course. They were all angry with her. Blazefang had failed them all. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” she yowled, eyes screwed shut before turning to run.

OOC: I hadn’t recognized the possible implication of this being at the same time as the Bird topic. If they’re meant to be simultaneous, you can let Blazefang run and give her an excuse to be elsewhere and meet Bird shortly.
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Back To Square 1[Open]   Back To Square 1[Open] EmptyTue 7 Nov 2023 - 21:16

OOC: It's fine, I didn't think much about when both topics were happening so we'll just say it happened on different days

Copperlark watched as her mother grew more and more distressed, wailing her apologies to the wind before turning to run away. She had thought herself was too horrible of a mother, too emotional and not there enough for her kits. That maybe if she hadn't been such a mess none of them would have died. And Bird wouldn't be stuck hunting for himself when he shouldn't even be out of the nursery. But now as she watched Blazefang, the thought came that maybe it wasn't her fault.

"W-wait!" She called out to the leaving figure. Why? What did she want? She had no idea why she wanted her mother to stay, even though she had never been very close to her. Maybe it was just the relief of seeing a familiar face again. Maybe it was the comfort of not having to be an adult anymore.

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Back To Square 1[Open]   Back To Square 1[Open] EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 15:00

Blazefang stiffened, a distrusting glance cast towards the vision. She steeled herself for the accusing words she expected to come. Why? Why did she always come back to this kind of thing? Her heart skipped a beat as she took a step forward. This was the child she’d failed the most. She’d failed to be there for her and now she was gone. Except she was right here, at least in her mind. Despite her intrusive thoughts usually not welcoming interaction. Blazefang cautiously walked up to Copperlark and brushed a paw down the side of her face. The feeling of fur and warmth hit her like lightning and she stepped back.

“What the fox? Sorry, sorry, sorry, um, you’re alive? I… I don’t know what to say. I thought… I thought I failed you.”
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Back To Square 1[Open]   Back To Square 1[Open] EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 18:59

Copperlark flinched when Blazefang touched her, fur rising at the unfamiliar touch and the confusion in her mother's eyes. What. Was. She. Doing? The dilute tortoiseshell struggled to keep her own emotions in check, but with each heartbeat she wanted to first embrace Blazefang only to want to claw her eyes out the next. "Failed me?" She repeated in a soft murmur. That was what she had previously thought as well, that if only her mother had been there their deaths wouldn't have hit so hard, but she always assumed such thoughts were a product of her wanting to shift the blame from herself to someone else. She thought it was all in her head.

"You failed me, but how can I blame you when I've failed even myself?" She whispered at last, shoulders sagging in defeat. She recalled her son, his patch-furred pelt buried deep in moss. Or was he hunting now, placing himself in danger simply because of how much of a failure his own mother was? "I've failed everyone..." She continued, seeming to be lost in her own world.

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Back To Square 1[Open]   Back To Square 1[Open] EmptyWed 15 Nov 2023 - 8:28

The flinch beneath her touch only cemented what her heart had begun to believe. Her baby was alive. She took half a step back, suddenly conscious of personal space. The younger cat’s words stung at first, but a different feeling surged through her after the pain. “We’re more alike than we thought,” Blazefang muttered. “You’ve somehow become me, all my worst qualities blurring your best ones. I’m sorry I poisoned you, Copper. I was so determined to keep you all safe that I forgot to see you each for the cats you were. I’ve shattered this family.” Her heart poured out onto the earth, Blazefang felt the haze over her mind lift. “Copperlark, listen. I’m willing to try to be better. What can I do to make it up to you? I mean, I only have part of a lifetime to work with, but I’ll try.”

As the cat before her seemed to shrink into herself, Blazefang recognized her terrified kit. Unable to hold back any longer, she stepped forward and nuzzled her baby again.
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Back To Square 1[Open]   Back To Square 1[Open] EmptySun 26 Nov 2023 - 21:25

Copperlark listened to the words coming out of her mother in silence. They fell like hollow shells, none of them weighing more than a feather to her. That's what Shrewpaw had said. That's what Cedarstalk had said. They said that they would always be here for me, but they're gone. How do I know you won't break your promise like they did? This isn't a promise you can make, aren't words you deserve to say-! Her thoughts howled like storms in her mind, and when Blazefang held her close the clouds broke and the rain came down like hail.

Her body shook with each sob, her wails echoing through the Fourtrees like the storm that had stayed in her heart for so long. Stars, what had she done? How did her life turn into this mess? Where did it all go wrong? Kits that never should have been born and lifes that should never have been lost. It felt like StarClan themselves that come down to destroy whatever joy she may find in life. Was it because of her birth? Her and her littermates, borne of a broken code, that should never have seen life... had she always been born with tragedy in her blood?

PostSubject: Re: Back To Square 1[Open]   Back To Square 1[Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Back To Square 1[Open]
Page 1 of 1