Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

just as empty as the day you came (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

just as empty as the day you came (c) Empty
PostSubject: just as empty as the day you came (c)   just as empty as the day you came (c) EmptyTue 5 Sep 2023 - 19:25

Felix rarely went around the Abandoned Barn anymore. These days, he mostly oscillated between the small township outside of the Sky Clan's forest, and the old farmhouse right off of the River Clan's border. He hadn't run into Valley in a while... nor had he run into Grub, either. There were precious few fellow outsiders in this area recently, it seemed. So his only hope for socialization was to speak with wild cats. While some had been friendly, like Lightning Breeze, Amber Sun, and Milk, others were far more leery of his presence. Very few had been overtly hostile, but none really seemed to understand why he was here. They all seemed confused that an outside cat would be near Clan territory without just going ahead and trespassing. He did not want to trespass. He was not here to steal or to make enemies. He wouldn't mind a spar, but he wasn't here to actually fight. He was...

...Lonely?

No, that couldn't be right. He was a solitary wanderer. Loneliness was not his prerogative. He huffed in annoyance at himself, shaking out his long-haired black pelt, trying to get rid of the thoughts as well as the day's heat that clung to his fur. But if his true and complete aim was to see Perch and his other kits again--which he staunchly reminded himself that no, it wasn't--then why come around the Sky Clan area at all? Sure, Gray Wind was interesting to speak with, and Lightning Breeze and Amber Sun had been very sweet to him. They all were interested in his stories, and that did feel... nice. But was it nice enough to delay visiting the coast? To remain stagnant in this half-empty town? To pace the same few alleyways over and over until he felt practically mad with the monotony of it all? No, it wasn't. It made no sense. But then why... why did he remain?

Thankfully, someone had appeared to distract him from the endless loop of his thoughts. Felix glanced up curiously, wondering who would have wandered this far from Sky Clan's fence.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

PostSubject: Re: just as empty as the day you came (c)   just as empty as the day you came (c) EmptyFri 15 Sep 2023 - 10:44

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Birdstar had grown restless in the confines of her den, had taken to slipping away from camp to walk in silence. Her ears flicked constantly, searching for any sound of approach, and she looked frequently over her shoulders or through the branches overhead. The lack of company made her uneasy, wary there were yet more threats waiting to catch her unawares, but she was not brave enough to ask for a companion on these useless walks, nor did she have the energy for a proper patrol. Trouble had yet to come again, though, so she tried to appreciate the quiet without counting how many times she paused to ensure Trufflesnap had not clawed away from her grave and stolen away into the oaks to finish what she had started.

There was no plan to her wandering. Birdstar let her heavy paws lead her wherever they might. Today, she found herself nearing the fenceline that separated the Twolegplace's stone forest from SkyClan's proper wood. Her blank expression drew into a grimace and she paused at the height of a small ridge. It was one of two borders she often found herself mindlessly occupying, and each time she came, dulled grief washed open the memory of Dovefrost's blood-soaked fur. The pain of it felt fresher now than it had in seasons. Birdstar lingered on that crest of land, breathing in, out; in, out, until she drew a particularly slow breath through her nose and committed to approaching. Without even thinking, she crawled between slats to set foot in Twolegplace proper.

Twolegs bustled from within their nearby nests. Birdstar gave the colorful structures a lingering glance to ensure none of their occupants were due to rush outside and spot her across the way. When she was sure, she padded along the hard stone, driven by some maddening need just to continue. It hadn't been very long before she came across the shape of another cat, head lifted expectantly to regard her approach as she rounded a corner. Birdstar tensed on sight. She stared at the loner, eyes narrowed warily. She stole a glance behind her to ensure the fence was still in sight, even if obscured by the edges of the twolegs' buildings, and quickly refocused on the tom before her. "...Hello," Birdstar said simply, tail flicking once. "Let me pass safely, if I'm intruding. I'm aware I've overstepped my own border."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: just as empty as the day you came (c)   just as empty as the day you came (c) EmptyTue 3 Oct 2023 - 19:21

Felix blinked once, taking in the sight before him. This cat was large, muscular, broad, and yet there was something about the set to her shoulders that seemed... familiar. Something about the deep wisdom in the back of her eyes. Something he recognized about the way she bore herself, the way she spoke. It took him several moments to realize it, since they could not have been more different. But this molly--though smelling of pine and bracken--reminded him somewhat of Perch. How odd. Why would that be? They did not look at all similar. Perch was long, thin, almost willowy in her grace. This cat was graceful in a different way, but moreso imposing in her stature.

He realized he had been staring for a moment or so. Impolite of him. He shook it off and put on a pleasant smile. "No need to worry," he said. "I do not own this place, either. I am simply lingering here for the time being. As, I imagine, you must be. You are from Sky Clan, are you not?" He settled back on dark-furred haunches, showing no hostility in the relaxation of his lean muscles. "If we are both here temporarily, and our paths have simply crossed... Would you care to swap tales? I am always willing to bandy words with an interesting stranger."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just as empty as the day you came (c)   just as empty as the day you came (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

just as empty as the day you came (c)
Page 1 of 1