Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hold your Head Up High

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Felix

Felix

Number of posts : 20

Hold your Head Up High Empty
PostSubject: Hold your Head Up High   Hold your Head Up High EmptyThu 24 Aug 2023 - 12:16

Rainkit couldn't bear waiting any longer. Despite the offer of the queens to take care of him while their dad and mom were recovering, the white-furred kitten preferred to stay in their usual moss bed, away from the rest. They refused to engage in meaningless playing until their parents were fine. How could they play when Dad and Mom were sick? With a constant tail swaging, Rainkit walked in circles, glancing over and over to the nursery entrance, in hopes that their family would walk right in and they would be a happy family again. Please... You gotta come back...

The silhouette of a cat appeared at the entrance and Rainkit couldn't contain their excitement. The large kitten ran to them hoping they would their parents. But the unfamiliar scent stopped just a few steps away from the warrior. They lifted their head and saw the sad expression on their features when the warrior met the kit's eyes. Despite deep down knowing what that could mean, Rainkit refused to believe and instead asked. "Where is my dad and mom? Are they okay?" The warrior shook their head and delivered the worst possible news to Rainkit.

They're... with Starclan? No. They can't be dead...

The kit shook his head. They couldn't believe it. Rainkit's paws started to tremble out of impotence and anger. No, no, no! The kit thought as it started to get harder to breathe. They could hear the queens approach them to comfort him but the kitten instead hissed in pain. "Don't touch me!" Rainkit lashed out before rushing to the nursery's exit. The young cat managed to avoid the warrior's attempts to catch them and ran. They didn't know where they were going... Rainkit just wanted to stop feeling this awful... they wanted to run away from these feelings. The kit localized the camp's exit and quickly ran to it. But to their surprise (since they were unaware that Riverclan's camp was an island), water stopped them from going off into the forest. Rainkit clawed the dirt out and to the emotional exhaustion, their body fell on their rear. "Why? Why did Starclan take them? I need my mom and dad... I... don't want to be alone..." The kit cried.
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2839

PostSubject: Re: Hold your Head Up High   Hold your Head Up High EmptyThu 24 Aug 2023 - 21:04

Sprucebark heard the unfortunate and heartbreaking news of the parents passing. He knew his sister Sandy had done everything she could as med cat to save them but it was over now and they were with starclan.

The warrior sat in the camp clearing in silence for a little until the darting out of rainkit from the nursery caught his eye.

Oh, that poor kit, his heart went out to Rainkit as he watched the kit grieve. Sprucebark never got to meet his father and the loss of his sister Minksplash made him aware of the pain that this brought. The warrior knew that words could never comfort or soothe the pain that Rainkit probably felt right now but seeing the kit like this still made him want to try something, even if it was just letting Rainkit know that he would always have a place here.

So after giving the kit some time to be alone he slowly went over to Rainkits side and settled in next to him.

"I'm so sorry for your loss Rainkit" he meowed quietly doing his best to try and be there for his young clanmate. With a gentle nuzzle he gave the kit a small hug hoping it might provide some sort of reassurance.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Felix

Felix

PostSubject: Re: Hold your Head Up High   Hold your Head Up High EmptyFri 25 Aug 2023 - 5:37

A sobbing Rainkit was startled when an older cat suddenly touched them. The kitten quickly turned their odd eyes on them, lifting their head to meet Sprucebark's green eyes. At first, the kit tried to push the warrior away. They have refused to be embraced by the other queens out of guilt... they didn't want to replace their dad and mom. But now that Rainkit was grieving... they didn't want to admit how much they needed a hug and someone to talk to. After a few seconds of struggling, Rainkit body went limp in Sprucebark hug and they started to cry again. "It's not fair! I want Mom and Dad... I still need them!" Sobbing, the kit mewed. "Why did Starclan take them...?"
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Hold your Head Up High   Hold your Head Up High EmptyFri 25 Aug 2023 - 6:20

Sprucebark felt tears of his own well up in his eyes, he couldnt imagine how hard this must be for Rainkit to lose both parents so suddenly like this. If he lost his mom (Poppyshine) he knew he would feel miserable as well. To have it happen at such a young age was unfair indeed for the poor young kitten.

He had no idea what to say feeling his mouth go all dry. Slowly wrapping the kit up with his tail to keep them warm he just stayed still for a while. After a while finally able to say something he meowed out in a quiet voice as soft as he could manage: "aww...Rainkit I know, it's not fair at all. I don't know why starclan took them, I dont understand what they do sometimes at all. But know that you will always have a place here in Riverclan, that much I can promise you

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Felix

Felix

PostSubject: Re: Hold your Head Up High   Hold your Head Up High EmptyFri 25 Aug 2023 - 9:50

For a while, they stayed quiet and Rainkit appreciated that. They didn't have any siblings, uncles, or aunts who would come to them and take them into their family. Rainkit was truly alone but at least... someone in the clan cared a little bit for them. However, what the warrior said next shocked and frustrated the kitten. They suddenly stood up, took a step back, and faced the warrior with a broken voice. "How can you say that? My parents are dead and I'm alone. I don't have any other family!" They tried to hiss but there wasn't any strength left behind in the grieving kit. Rainkit turned their face to the ground as their paws trembled. "You don't understand... How can you? You probably have a big family with you. There's no place for me in Riverclan... no kin or friend. What else is here for me?"
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Hold your Head Up High   Hold your Head Up High EmptyFri 25 Aug 2023 - 15:48

Sprucebark laid his ears back a bit and looked down to his own front paws. He hadn't meant to make the kit upset and angry.

he gave a long silent pause unsure of what to say or if he even should but eventually managed to say quietly
"You are right, I don't know exactly what you are going through, but I know its painful to lose ones you care for.

He gave the kit a sad look, "If you would rather, I can leave and allow you to grieve alone?" he offered quietly. Everyone was different when it came to grieving, perhaps the kit just wanted some space? the warrior figured

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Felix

Felix

PostSubject: Re: Hold your Head Up High   Hold your Head Up High EmptySat 26 Aug 2023 - 8:39

Rainkit's gaze softened as Sprucebark confessed to also having lost loved ones. Regret and guilt accumulated inside the kit's chest as a knot formed in their throat. They didn't mean to yell and hurt another cat. Their pain didn't justify hurting others and... it isn't what their parents would have wanted. They looked down at their paws, avoiding eye contact with Sprucebark.

However, when the tom offered them to leave them alone, a fear sparked in Rainkit. No, no no! Don't leave me all alone!The kit quickly lifted and stumbled towards the warrior while anxiety took over. They couldn't handle being abandoned again... not right now. Despite running away from the nursery, queens, and other cats their age, Rainkit finally realized something: they needed someone to stay with them and comfort them. If they continue to isolate themselves, they will go mad. "Please no!" The light-furred kitten mewed with a broken voice. They sunk their head into Sprucebark's chest, letting their warmth bring some comfort to their anxious episode. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to yell... I will be good, just... don't leave me alone. I can't... be alone."
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Hold your Head Up High   Hold your Head Up High EmptySun 27 Aug 2023 - 7:06

Sprucebark blinked unexpectedly as the kit nuzzled into his chest fur. He listened to the kit and nodded shakily hugging the kit close. It appeared the kit didn’t want to be alone any more which he understood.

He didn’t let go and stayed right by the kits side. He understood why the kit yelled and why he was so upset. He felt so sorry for rainkit but just let the moment be without words.

The warrior made a silent promise to himself in his head I promise, that I will try and get you a happier life soon. You have had a hard start but I’ll do everything I can to keep you safe from here on.

He gently patted the kits back with his tail and fluffed up his fur to keep the cool winds away from them both.

Alright, I won’t leave you. Ever

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hold your Head Up High   Hold your Head Up High Empty

Back to top Go down

Hold your Head Up High
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp-
Jump to: