Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

a second chance to make amends [clan meeting]

Go down 
+6
Reaper King
Honey Badger
Mamenchisaurus
Grey
speedy
Holly
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2868

a second chance to make amends [clan meeting] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a second chance to make amends [clan meeting]   a second chance to make amends [clan meeting] - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2023 - 17:58

Swiftheart's jaw dropped as her brother said all that and she glanced worriedly at him.  Unease washed over her as he spoke.  She just wanted the clan to get along, this was so not good.

She loved and supported her brother very much but this was not good at all.

She watched in disbelieve as he got up walking away.

Her name was mentioned and she felt pressured to give some sort of response to all that.  She felt like she was put in the middle of a tug of war with both sides trying to yank at her to their side.  When in reality, she just wanted both sides to find common ground so the clan could unite again.

She got to her paws slowly.  "I am perfectly happy not being on the council.  I have stated many times in the past that my desire is not to have much to do with leadership.  I try to be a good warrior and hope that I am.  But leading has never been my strong suit nor do I claim it to be.
Leopardstar, do not feel that you have to put me on your council just from my seniority,  in most cases I do not look for leadership spots anyways.  That being said, if you ever do want my advise I will try and give you the best I can."
 She hoped that was a decent enough response to that.

"however, I must agree in part with my brother"

although... not in the way that he said it she muttered quietly.

that I am a bit shocked you did not put Rookfire on the council.  He has the single most time in this clan and has proven himself countless times."

Swiftheart held her tongue about the policy parts that she disagreed with.  That was not something she would bring up right now, that would be very much a bad move and only further divide the clan with little to no gain at all.  The only reason she brought up the Rookfire thing was because she really did belive that Rookfire would be a good candidate for the council.  She quietly to herself was very concered about all this.  In her view she loved leo alot but the she-cat seemed way in over her head in all this.

Leo refused to take the rock which was already breaking clan tradition and this was her first meeting.  And, as blunt as her brother was which swiftheart did not appreciate at all, he was somewhat right in swifts mind that rookfire was a pretty obvious pick that leo seemed to overlook.  

Swiftheart had seen many leaders in her time at shadowclan but she never felt so uneasy as right now of one.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2375

PostSubject: Re: a second chance to make amends [clan meeting]   a second chance to make amends [clan meeting] - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2023 - 21:01

Rookfire felt... alright with Leopardsu- er, Leopardstar's new policies. The stricter rite of passage requirements were honestly very much needed (even the Asylum didn't send a cat to take down a predator alone to take a pelt!), the emphasis on ShadowClan's security rules made sense to protect the clan, and the outsider policy was finally loosened up.

Then there was the council member announcement.

At first, Rookfire was furious, but he held his ground until Leopardstar finished speaking. So it seems like the Clan will be involved more in these decisions. Fine. I can deal with it. He could understand why he was taken off the council, anyways. He didn't speak up when it mattered most, he didn't resist when ShadowClan needed him to. I failed . Of course I lose my position.

"I appreciate the concern, Nightstalker and Swiftheart, but I'm fine not being on the council so long as my opinions are heard. And there's only so much room in the leader's den," he added quickly, smirking. The council position was freezing him up from being able to speak what he wanted to speak anyways. He was so worried of losing his position that he didn't do what needed to be done. "Honestly, it's better this way."

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

a second chance to make amends [clan meeting] - Page 2 Image10
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6042

PostSubject: Re: a second chance to make amends [clan meeting]   a second chance to make amends [clan meeting] - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Sep 2023 - 19:05

Ice-cold fury ran through Leopardstar's veins at Nightstalker's words, but she held steady and kept her voice calm. Heatherberry had been first to speak, and she had been kind. Kinder than Leopardstar deserved, and they both knew that. She was proud of her daughter, and more than disappointed in herself. "...As you wish," she spoke softly, enough that she doubted any cat had actually heard it.

For the first time in her life, Leopardstar ascended the Jaggedrock, surveying ShadowClan from on high.

"I have never stood atop this rock. I have never wanted to. At first it was a matter of staying at the same level as the rest of you, that no cat should tower above the rest... And now I may be your leader, but I have not earned your trust or your respect. I will stand atop the rock if that is what you wish, but know that in my mind it represents an honor I do not yet deserve."

Her gaze found her predecessor, then. She willed herself to calm down, to keep the anger out of her voice and remain level even as she addressed him. "You would have me appoint half of ShadowClan, Nightstalker? Were that the case, I'd say we abolish the council entirely--but while I intend to allow ShadowClan to have a say in the decisions that will impact them, I believe it's also valuable to have a smaller group to go over those decisions before that point. What happened before will not happen again."

There were precious few cats that Leopardstar knew could pull her back from the edge. Of anger, of grief, of madness. Yes, she had called on her kin and the closest friend she had, but they were responsible warriors as well as cats she trusted to make their opinions known. Especially if they disagreed with her ideas. "If Echomist refuses, I understand. But I called on him for exactly that reason. I will not allow myself to be blinded again. To be challenged is to learn, and to grow."

Her tail curled around her side. "Setting the council aside, every cat will have their chance to speak before any final decisions are made. My wish is that every cat in ShadowClan feels heard. That includes now: if anyone else has concerns, or questions, you're free to voice them. Whether now or later."

As for the rest of his words, she made sure not to say the only thing that kept repeating in her mind.

Who was it that put me here, again? I never asked for any of this!

after all the things i’ve said and done; i don’t feel like the chosen one —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2966

PostSubject: Re: a second chance to make amends [clan meeting]   a second chance to make amends [clan meeting] - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2023 - 18:45

Pineblossom

Pineblossom lifted her head to listen to Leopardstar’s explanations of changes in the clan. She was surprised that their new leader did not take to the Jaggedrock, but she held her tongue and just listened. For the most part, she agreed with the changes. Stricter safety was always a good measure, although she was a bit hypocritical in thinking so as she had taken on a fox on her own during her bout of grief. The rites themselves didn’t interest her, but she appreciated the change nonetheless.

She also didn’t have a problem with Nightstalker’s strictness on keeping outsiders out of the clan, although he did break his own rule enough times that she supposed relaxing the rules entirely was not that much of a problem. So long as they could be loyal to the clan, it was probably fine, though she hoped that it would not be such a common occurrence. There was weakness in being too open to bringing others in, too.

The small size of the council was a bit surprising. They were smaller in number than they used to be, but still not the smallest in the forest. She supposed it was a good enough number though if she would also be consulting the clan as a whole.

Then…Nightstalker spoke.

Pineblossom closed her eyes and withheld a sigh as Nightstalker proclaimed his thoughts, and essentially had a tantrum. So he was not taking this well. She opened her eyes again and focused on Leopardstar while Nightstalker walked off and a few cats walked off. Leopardstar reluctantly took to the rock and spoke back in turn. Finally, Pineblossom rose to her paws and offered her own two cents to this meeting.

“Have more confidence in yourself, Leopardstar. A leader who believes they have no place in power is just as dangerous as one who craves power above all else. I know that you have our clan’s best interests in mind. No cat is infallible, but I think ShadowClan has showed these past few moons that we will not keep silent if we think you are not worthy of leadership. You have been a great deputy for our clan, and I look forward to your leadership too.”

She looked back to where Nightstalker had left camp and sighed quietly to herself before she looked back to Leopardstar. While she spoke towards her, she addressed her clan as a whole. “These past few moons have been difficult, and a lot of opinions have been divided. I say let’s act as a single clan and see how things go before we anticipate things going wrong. I support the changes to policies, and I humbly accept the position on the council.”
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a second chance to make amends [clan meeting]   a second chance to make amends [clan meeting] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

a second chance to make amends [clan meeting]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp :: Jaggedrock-
Jump to: