Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

looking for a little peace (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

looking for a little peace (c) Empty
PostSubject: looking for a little peace (c)   looking for a little peace (c) EmptyFri 28 Jul 2023 - 17:06

Dovepaw liked the evenings. When the camp began to cool off from the harsh heat of day, his long, soft fur no longer felt oppressive, but instead comfortable. A breeze brushing against his pelt, the sky turning a slightly dimmer blue, no more bright light in his eyes... it was more comfortable than the daytime. Each part of the day had pros and cons, but evening was his favorite. So it was that after a long day of training, the tom sat down by the fresh-kill pile for a moment of relaxation. Apprenticeship left him far busier than he had ever anticipated. He did like being busy--he liked doing things--but it made finding a minute or two to sit down and eat all the more relieving.

Carefully he pawed a fish out of the pile, selecting a large carp. He'd caught it for one of his siblings, but they'd all eaten already or had a dusk patrol to head out on or were going to bed early for dawn patrol... which left him alone. He had two sisters and three brothers. Loneliness was a strange feeling. It was a solemn kind of peace that was unfamiliar, leaving an almost sour taste in his mouth when he took his first bite of fish. He was so used to being around his siblings that not having one of them nearby was honestly kind of empty. What was he, if he wasn't their older brother? If he wasn't the one worrying about them and keeping them safe? What was he, when he was by himself? ...He wasn't sure how much he really wanted to know.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: looking for a little peace (c)   looking for a little peace (c) EmptyFri 28 Jul 2023 - 19:59

Willowpaw

Willowpaw did relatively well with being alone. She was still used to being with her siblings more often than not, but with their apprentice (or warrior, for some of them) duties came less time to spend together. Willowpaw didn’t mind much, but the loneliness could weigh on her sometimes.

She was passing through camp when she paused and noticed a fellow apprentice that she had not spoken with much. Her intuition whispered to her that he looked…sad? Lonely? Willowpaw felt like she could sense something off of him. She approached.

“Hello,” she greeted. “Are you about to eat dinner? Do you mind if I join you?”
RiverClan • Apprentice • She/Her • 20 | 60 • #6abcde
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: looking for a little peace (c)   looking for a little peace (c) EmptyWed 2 Aug 2023 - 16:51

Dovepaw had almost decided to just eat his fish as quickly as possible and then go to bed early when his thought process was interrupted. A voice he only vaguely recognized, soft and straightforward, met his ears. He blinked and looked up. The voice came from a silver tabby apprentice, who was... offering to join him. After a moment of surprise, he gave a small smile. "Sure, I don't mind." They had never really spoken before, so she had probably only asked out of some combination of pity or sympathy. Either way, he wouldn't say no. "You're... Willowpaw, right? I think I've seen you around a couple of times. I'm Dovepaw. Chances are you've met at least one of my siblings before." Should he list the names of all his siblings? No--that would take too long. Second-guessing himself would just make the awkward pause in conversation longer. He took a bite of his fish then swallowed hastily. "Wait, did you want to share this fish? It's kinda big, so we could. But if you don't like carp then you can pick your own."

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: looking for a little peace (c)   looking for a little peace (c) EmptyThu 10 Aug 2023 - 13:00

Willowpaw

When Willowpaw had received permission, she turned away to get a fish of her own, when Dovepaw quickly stopped her. She looked back with surprise, but she was not about to deny a kind offer. “Sure. Thank you.” She sat down at his side and took a bite from the large fish. She considered who she knew within the clan.

“I think I may have come across your siblings in passing, but I’m not sure I’ve had the chance to really talk to them,” she admits. “I’m not the best when it comes to conversations, especially when I don’t know the cat already…I’m hoping to get better about it, though. Hence I’ve come to talk to you.” Willowpaw swallowed another bite of fish and looked at her companion. “How has your training been going? I think I’ve seen you with Egretswoop, right?”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: looking for a little peace (c)   looking for a little peace (c) EmptyThu 17 Aug 2023 - 20:02

The few times that Dovepaw had seemed Willowpaw in passing, she had seemed almost intimidating. The leader's eldest daughter. Certainly she carried herself a lot like Perchstar, in a way that was nearly imposing, being both graceful and stoic. Yet now that they were talking, she seemed really... nice. As he took another bite of the carp that they were now sharing--his offer hadn't been rude, or at least hadn't been taken as such, for which he offered a hasty prayer of thanks to the stars--he listened to what she was saying. Despite the straightforwardness of her words, she really had a gift for conversation in a way that he didn't. Everything she said was so natural, as well as thoughtful. Yes, that was the right word for Willowpaw. Thoughtful.

"I think you're pretty good at conversation," he said. It was surprising that he had just been thinking about her prowess when she didn't seem to think it of herself. "I mean, you're talking to me, and we don't even know each other! So that's a win. I, uh, always feel awkward when talking to other cats, too... so I get it. We can both work on it, I guess." His long-furred tail swished behind him. "Yeah, Egretswoop's my mentor. I thought she was scary at first, but she's actually really cool. You're... Stormdance's apprentice? I think?" He smiled. "Stormdance was the mentor of my mentor's mentor. No--wait--lemme say that again. Egretswoop was mentored by Rowansong, she's told me a bit about him. And Rowansong was mentored by Stormdance, cause I remember hearing something about how he used to be a troublemaker. So our mentors are... related? Kind of?" Dovepaw shook his head, somewhat chagrined. He'd made a mess of his words again. "Unless I'm misremembering, and Stormdance isn't your mentor."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: looking for a little peace (c)   looking for a little peace (c) EmptyTue 22 Aug 2023 - 13:53

Willowpaw

Willowpaw nodded along, following the line of thought that Dovepaw was struggling to articulate. She confirmed, “Stormdance is my mentor. He’s a very good one, too.” She tilted her head and considered the line of connections between their mentors. Willowpaw nodded again. “Rowansong is also Poppyshine’s kit, and Poppyshine is my aunt. Further connection,” she determined. “It’s a surprise that we haven’t spoken sooner, then.”

She took another bite of the fish. They were nearly finished with it now, since they were both eating from it. “I wonder when we’ll become warriors, and who we will be able to mentor ourselves…It seems like a nice time, being a mentor. One day we’ll know as much as our mentors do.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: looking for a little peace (c)   looking for a little peace (c) EmptyFri 1 Sep 2023 - 18:34

Their mentors were very closely connected, then. Actually--it seemed like most RiverClan cats were pretty well-connected. Dovepaw wondered idly if other Clans felt that close to each other. Either way, he nodded to Willowpaw's more concise explanation of the idea he'd been trying to format. "Yeah. We just... never ran into each other, I guess. But it's been nice so far. Um, thanks for coming to talk to me." One more bite of the fish was left. He took about half a mouthful of it, chewing slowly. "Well, you've been an apprentice a lot longer than me, so I bet you'll get your name first. Probably pretty soon if I had to guess. Mentoring someone... does that seem scary to you at all? Being in charge of someone's wellbeing like that." It probably should've seemed daunting to him. But after a lifetime of being the self-appointed protector of all four of his siblings, it felt like it would be a natural progression. "I feel like you'd do a pretty good job mentoring. I mean, you're good at explaining stuff. And that's half of what mentoring is, right?"

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: looking for a little peace (c)   looking for a little peace (c) EmptyThu 14 Sep 2023 - 19:09

Willowpaw

Willowpaw took the final piece of the fish when Dovepaw had had his last bite. She settled down and started cleaning off her paws and face now that they were finished eating. “I hope I can get my warrior name soon…my siblings have already gotten theirs, except for Wrenpaw, but she’s going through a whole separate training now, so it makes sense that she hasn’t gotten hers yet. I feel like I’m falling behind.” She frowned for a moment before shaking her head and leaving that thought behind. She hadn’t spoken with almost anyone about these anxieties she had and it made it feel like they were bursting out of her.

She was grateful for the other subject Dovepaw brought up and quickly moved to it. “I don’t think I’m nervous about being a mentor. It might be intimidating to be in charge of someone, but we’re all responsible for protecting each other, so protecting one cat in particular doesn’t bother me. Teaching might be a little harder…But I also don’t think it will be too hard.” She perked up at the compliment and replied, “Thank you. I bet you’d be better at it than you’re giving yourself credit for.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for a little peace (c)   looking for a little peace (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

looking for a little peace (c)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp-
Jump to: