Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Luminous hours in the morning [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

Luminous hours in the morning [c] Empty
PostSubject: Luminous hours in the morning [c]   Luminous hours in the morning [c] EmptyThu 27 Jul 2023 - 15:24

RainfrostSkyclan Camp

As promised, early the next morning after Bubblepaw’s ceremony, Rainfrost came to the apprentice’s den to retrieve her. It was early enough that the sun was just beginning to paint the rapidly lightning blue sky in reds and golds. It was Rainfrost’s favorite time of day, the early morning. The air was warm enough, especially in greenleaf, to be pleasant without being too hot. The forest was peaceful and quiet, the hush of the early morning broken up only by their presence. The air was filled with the sweet sound of morning birdsong bouncing amidst the trees, indicating that later hunts would be plenty successful.

Rainfrost enjoyed the feeling of grass and moss underneath his paws as he led the way out of the camp entrance, the tranquility of early morning settling his shoulders as he breathed in deep. “We’ll start by getting you familiar with the territory,” Rainfrost said. “Then we’ll get started on hunting. Hunting is an important skill to learn. A lot of the skills you learn there will translate into learning how to fight, and keeping your clan fed and looked after is one of your most vital tasks as a warrior. We’ll only start with hunting on the ground today. It’s important you learn the basics before trying to use the trees.”

He always found that knowing the plan for the day helped him a lot as an apprentice, so he hoped it would help Bubblepaw now. Rainfrost looked back at her, and gave her a soft smile. “You’re welcome to ask any questions as we go,” He assured her. If his experiences with his niece proved anything, he knew she would have plenty.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Luminous hours in the morning [c]   Luminous hours in the morning [c] EmptyMon 31 Jul 2023 - 17:06

Bubblepaw could hardly contain her excitement. She hadn't slept much all night, and when she finally had slept, she'd been lost in a dream about flying her way up to the sun. So when a light paw touched her, she was practically already awake, leaping out of her nest to follow Rainfrost. Uncle Rain was her mentor! It was so nice outside--the light blue of the sky matched her pale eyes almost exactly when she looked up at it, awed by the gentle dawn beginning to illuminate the territory. Distant birdsong made her ears twitch. There was so much forest out there to explore! Finally, finally, she got to see what it was like. A breeze ruffled her fur. It wasn't possible for her to smile any wider than she already was.

The small she-cat followed Rainfrost's steps exactly, putting her little paws in the spots where his had trod, noticing that they were a lot closer to her own size than they had been a moon ago. Soft depressions in the moss sprang up when she touched them, making her whiskers twitch with delight. Ears pricked forward when her mentor spoke. Territory... then hunting. No climbing yet. That was okay! "Sounds good, Uncle Rain," Bubblepaw chirped, doing a little happy skip. "I wanna do everything, but I can only do one thing at a time! That's what Daddy says, anyway. If I try'n do too much at once then I'll just fall flat on my face." She giggled. "But yeah! Exploring, then hunting."

When Rainfrost turned to meet her eyes, Bubblepaw responded with an enthusiastic grin. He was giving her permission to ask questions! She loved him soooo much. "Yeah! What's your favorite spot in the territory?" she began asking, cheerful tone rising above the quiet tunes of the nearby birds. "What's the easiest kind of prey to catch, and the hardest? Oh, I've got lotsa questions about hunting, but I can save those for when we start that, I guess. So just territory questions for now." Her long-furred tail waved around behind her, sweeping across the carpet of grass and moss and twigs. "How big's the territory? Have you been every-everywhere on it? Does the sun sleep in a big den, like that cave over there? What about badgers? Do you think we'll meet a badger?" Bubblepaw had to pause for breath eventually, and settled for looking up at the very tops of the trees, with sunlight filtering down through green leaves, while she waited for an answer. Everything was so pretty!

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Luminous hours in the morning [c]   Luminous hours in the morning [c] EmptyTue 29 Aug 2023 - 19:42

RainfrostSkyclan Territory

Rainfrost was not at all surprised by the flood of questions that left his niece’s mouth the moment he gave her the invitation to do so, and in fact, he was rather endeared by it. Chuckling softly under his breath, he looked forward again, tapping Bubblepaw with his tail to guide her down the correct path as she rambled along. As always, he took the questions one at a time.

“We are approaching my favorite area of the territory now, actually.” He said. They move through the towering pines and into a clearing where the creek sparkles gently in the sunlight, the wind rustling the grass surrounding. “I like to get a drink here when the weather is too warm, and there is plenty of prey to be had. It’s also a good place to practice fighting, since the clearing gives you lots of room to move around without disturbing those at camp. We’ll likely be coming back here when we begin sparring.”

Rainfrost paused to take the aforementioned drink, pausing for a moment to let Bubblepaw do the same, if she desired. He was already feeling the effects of talking for so long at once, but he didn’t mind too much. Once they were both ready, he carried on. “We’re getting close to the river now,” He told her. "The river is where the border between us and Riverclan lies.” As they carry on in that direction, the rushing of the river growing louder as they grow closer, Rainfrost carries on with Bubblepaw’s questions.

“I have found the easiest prey to be birds. They are plentiful in our territory, and though there is a learning curve for the trick to get a hold of them, once you have the hang of it, it becomes simple. The hardest prey to catch is likely rabbits. They occasionally wander into our territory, but they are so quick and our territory is so thick with trees, that it’s very difficult to catch them. They make a good hearty meal if you can manage it, however.” Rainfrost took another breath.

They come to the river’s edge, and Rainfrost says, “It can be difficult to catch their scent over the river like this, but over there is Riverclan territory. Watch me while we talk, and I’ll show you where to enforce the scent barriers on our side of the river. I’d like you to copy what I do, alright?” Rainfrost offered Bubblepaw a little smile. “Always be careful when you approach the river. Not only is it important to maintain good cross-clan relations if you encounter a Riverclan cat here,” Rainfrost thought wryly of Rowansong for a moment, his nose wrinkling briefly, “Especially since Riverclan is our ally right now, but the river can be dangerous. Especially to us. We are built for the trees, not the water, and on stormy days the river can easily sweep you away with its strength. Even someone like Birdstar."

Looking forward again, Rainfrost began to demonstrate the scent markers as promised as he returned to the questions. “The territory is pretty big, but not big enough that we cannot walk across it with time in the day to spare. It may be a bit of a walk for you, so just let me know if you need a break. Additionally, I believe I have indeed been every-everywhere on it, since it is a fairly contained space, but you never know. I do not believe the sun is something that can sleep, but I do not know for sure. I am not very well versed in how the sun works. You seem very interested in it. Which is not a bad thing, I am just observing.”

With a final deep breath, Rainfrost answered the last of the questions. “I sincerely hope we do not meet a badger on your first day of training. That would be unfortunate. Badgers are dangerous. You should not be out on your own anyway, but should you ever encounter one on your own, you should not try to handle it alone, and if at all possible, vacate the area immediately.”

Rainfrost turned from the scent marker he’d just refreshed, looked at Bubblepaw, and smiled wryly. “...Do you have new questions?” He guessed, just by the look on her face.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Luminous hours in the morning [c]   Luminous hours in the morning [c] EmptyMon 4 Sep 2023 - 17:28

Bubblepaw pranced along happily, following Rainfrost's guidance almost unconsciously as he gently prodded her down the correct way. When they reached the creek, glimmering gently in the morning sun, she couldn't help her jaw from dropping slightly. It was so pretty! She'd never seen such a large amount of water before! "Whooaa...." She could tell why it would be Rainfrost's favorite. It was beautiful. When he bent down to take a drink, she did the same, lapping it up quickly. She'd only ever had water brought in on moss or in the occasional stale rain-puddle, so the fresh sensation on her tongue was marvelous. Stunned, she simply stood blinking at the creek for a few moments, feeling sparks light in her mind, before a few words from Rainfrost called her back to his side. She had already seen so much, and they were just getting started!

He answered her questions with just as much serious care as he usually did, making her smile all the wider as they continued. "Birds easy, rabbits hard! Got it. That makes sense." She thought she'd seen the biggest water she could. But when they got to the river, she realized that the creek had only been half as wide. Pale green eyes took in the full width of the rushing water with awe. "Wow! I didn't know that water got this big! I believe you. Looks scary, honestly. I won't touch it, prommy!" RiverClan was their ally, right--but anyone who could go in water like that was probably suuuper strong. She wouldn't want to fight them! Bubblepaw looked back towards Rainfrost, ears pointed in his direction as he patiently explained more answers. The territory was big, like really big, but he probably had been every-everywhere just 'cause he went places so much. He didn't think the sun slept. "Is it weird I ask 'bout the sun so much?" she queried curiously. "It's just 'cause of some dreams I had once, and Gramma mentioned something 'bout catching the sun one time. My Daddy's name is Sun-fire, too. So I guess I think about it sometimes!"

Badgers scary, badgers bad, avoid them at all costs. Bubblepaw nodded solemnly. Then, when he turned to her again, she smiled widely. "I mean, yeah! I've always got questions. But we got all day for that. Right now what I wanna do is learn hunting! I wanna bring some big ol' birds back to show Bearbear and Sorrel and Plover and Gramma and Daddy. Maybe if I bring Mamma a big enough bird then she'll eat it and get well!" Her tail waved eagerly behind her. "And you're obviously suuuuper good at hunting, so I'm gonna listen so you can teach me. Too many questions would just get in the way first. So you teach, then I can learn and ask! If that's fine with you."

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Luminous hours in the morning [c]   Luminous hours in the morning [c] EmptySat 16 Sep 2023 - 3:19

RainfrostSkyclan Territory

“I don’t think it’s weird,” Rainfrost clarified. “There’s nothing wrong with being particularly interested in a certain topic. It is just something I have observed, that is all.” He offered her another small smile. “Those are very valid reasons to be intrigued by the sun.” Looking at Bubblepaw as she eagerly responded, Rainfrost’s eyes softened, taking on a bit of a sad, bittersweet quality as she mentioned Juniperheart. If only a big piece of prey could coax her out of the medicine den. Rainfrost brought her food frequently. Maybe that would help. Every day, his worry for her grew.

But now was not the time for such fears. Now was the time to focus on Bubblepaw’s education, and Rainfrost could do that much at least. Affection replacing the sadness in his eyes once more, Rainfrost nodded. “That sounds good to me.” He agreed, gesturing with his tail once more. Leading the way back into the thicket of Skyclan’s trees, Rainfrost opened his mouth to drink in the nearby scents. “The great thing about Greenleaf is we won’t have to go far to find prey.”

Ear twitching as he caught the scent of a robin, Rainfrost pulled to a stop. He turned his head to softly murmur, “Stay still and quiet, but watch closely.” He nodded towards the robin hunting through the thicket of oak leaves for its own prey, currently oblivious to their presence. Dropping into a hunting crouch, Rainfrost approached carefully. He was just about to pounce when something darted out of the leaves it was camouflaged behind and bit down on Rainfrost's leg. Rainfrost let out a sharp hiss, jerking back only to pounce forward again, attempting to pin the snake beneath his paws. Unfortunately, the snake slithered out of reach of his paws before he could capture it, hissing a challenge at him.

"Careful!" He called sharply back to Bubblepaw, searching the leaves immediately for any signs of another snake, but luckily there did not seem to be any more.

A snake has appeared! It used Serpent Strike on Rainfrost, dealing -6 damage and costing -10 SP! Rainfrost attempts to pin it with Leap and Hold. He failed! It cost him -15 SP.

Snake
15/15 HP
65/75 SP (-10)

Rainfrost
44/50 HP (-6)
105/120 SP (-15)

Bubblepaw
20/20 HP
60/60 SP

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Last edited by lostfanboy on Sat 23 Sep 2023 - 14:13; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: Luminous hours in the morning [c]   Luminous hours in the morning [c] EmptySat 16 Sep 2023 - 3:19

The member 'lostfanboy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Luminous hours in the morning [c] Mistpe10
Luminous hours in the morning [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Luminous hours in the morning [c]   Luminous hours in the morning [c] EmptySat 23 Sep 2023 - 14:12

Rolling...
Dice 2 is for number of rounds pinned if pin is successful

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Luminous hours in the morning [c]   Luminous hours in the morning [c] EmptySat 23 Sep 2023 - 14:12

The member 'lostfanboy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6, 5

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Luminous hours in the morning [c]   Luminous hours in the morning [c] EmptyTue 24 Oct 2023 - 19:23

Bubblepaw couldn't help but catch the brief moment of deep sorrow in Rainfrost's eyes as she mentioned her Mamma. Right... Rainfrost was her Uncle 'cause Juniperheart was his sister. He was probably sad about her too, wasn't he? They both wanted her to get better. And if they both wanted it--if they all wanted it, Bearbear and Sorrel and Plover and Daddy too, and Birdstar and Gramma and everyone--if they all wanted it with all their hearts, there was no way it wouldn't happen! No way all of them could be wrong. The thought strengthened her, and it must have gotten to him on her brainwaves because he smiled again too. She liked it when Uncle Rain smiled!

His ears twitched. She obediently stopped in her tracks, not moving a single muscle, only letting her eyes follow his every motion as he began heading in the direction of a robin. At the thought of eating it, her mouth watered. But she forced herself to focus.

Something was wrong. Rainfrost hissed--the sound loud and jarring to Bubblepaw's ears--and started lunging around in the underbrush. Pain and shock were evident in the bristling of his tail. Bubblepaw responded in kind, her long fur fluffing up and making her look more like a cottonball than anything else. Careful? Careful of what?? Then she saw it. A stick was moving. No--not a stick. It had little eyes and big sharp teeth that musta bit into Uncle Rain to make him hiss like that. Was that a snake? She'd never seen one before! "I'll get it!" As it slithered around, keeping its focus on Rainfrost, she lunged at it with outstretched claws. She was a big girl, she could help get the stick! No--the snake!

Unfortunately, due to its quick movements and its lack of battle training, Bubblepaw simply landed on her face. "Oof--!"

Bubblepaw attempts to use Front Paw Strike on the Snake, but missed! -7 SP.

Snake:
15/15 HP
65/75 SP

Rainfrost:
44/50 HP
105/120 SP

Bubblepaw:
20/20 HP
53/60 SP

Last edited by Ash on Tue 24 Oct 2023 - 19:24; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Luminous hours in the morning [c]   Luminous hours in the morning [c] EmptyTue 24 Oct 2023 - 19:23

The member 'Ash' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luminous hours in the morning [c]   Luminous hours in the morning [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Luminous hours in the morning [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory :: Moonlit Creek-
Jump to: