Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

a duty done well [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
banana

banana

Characters : Whinchatpaw [W], Acornkit [A]
Clan/Rank : Skyclan [W], Windclan [A]
Gemini Pig
Number of posts : 190

a duty done well [c] Empty
PostSubject: a duty done well [c]   a duty done well [c] EmptyTue 18 Jul 2023 - 0:59

◇   whinchatpaw   ◇
"you get one chance, make it count."

Whinchatpaw returned to camp with a bundle of fresh moss in his maw. After consulting with Wolfblossom, the tom had been assigned elder duty. Though some apprentices despised caring for the elders, he felt otherwise. To be granted the title of elder, one must have done their part well. He was sure that elders deserved to rest after all their years of serving the clan. So now the grey and russet-furred apprentice carried his precious gift towards the den.

"...Hazelshade? I've brought some new bedding for you." he called softly at the entrance.

whinchatpaw || skyclan || app || 15hp/30sp* || #91a3b0
acornkit || windclan || unborn kit || 10hp/30sp || #be6565
maplepaw || thunderclan || app || 20hp/60sp || #cea39e
art requests/trades || character profiles!
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

Clan/Rank : RiverClan/apprentice
Number of posts : 317

PostSubject: Re: a duty done well [c]   a duty done well [c] EmptyTue 18 Jul 2023 - 16:47

♡ ♡ ♡
Hazelshade raised her head from where she had been curled up asleep in a beam of green-leaf sun which shone through the branches of the thorn bush that sheltered the elder's nest. Her befuddled and slightly judgemental expression clearly said, where am I? When am I? Just who do you think you are?

However, the haughty face of the fussy elder cleared up to a pleased one when she blinked away the sleep from her sharp, owl-like yellow eyes, which came to settle on the grey-and-russet apprentice.

She stretched up onto her toes with a shudder throughout her old body. She had a lovely, rich brown coat with darker points and her fur was short and silky. Only in certain lights, like now, did it look a little patchy and it was obvious the beautiful slinky she-cat had become frail in her age.

Finishing a lavish stretch, she stepped out of her nest towards the young cat with a pleased trill. "Why, thank you," she purred. Her yellow eyes glimmered with interest and she flopped down to the side of the den out of the way, keeping one open watchfully.

"What's your name?" she asked as the apprentice got to the task. He seemed quite happy to be here, proud of his work, perhaps he would like some conversation.
♡ ♡ ♡
Back to top Go down
banana

banana

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: a duty done well [c]   a duty done well [c] EmptyWed 19 Jul 2023 - 3:47

◇   whinchatpaw   ◇

Whinchatpaw peered inside to find the brown-furred elder blinking sleep from her eyes. For a heartbeat, the tom noticed the confused expression on Hazelshade's face and offered her a small smile. He wasn't sure if it helped, but she seemed much more at ease after that. While the she-cat stretched, the apprentice took a seat by the nest, gingerly tucking his limp hindleg close.

He set the moss down, swiping a paw across the floor to clear some space for the clean bedding. At the she-cat's mew, he glanced up, flicking his tail in acknowledgement. "It's Whinchatpaw." With a little rearranging and prodding at the nest, the tom did his best to make the bed sized accordingly. No one wants to sleep in a bed too small...

"Is this alright? I can find some feathers if you'd like it to be a little softer." he gestured at the nest, gathering the remains of the old bedding together at his paws.

Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: a duty done well [c]   a duty done well [c] EmptyThu 20 Jul 2023 - 21:07

♡ ♡ ♡
"Whinchatpaw. Suits you. Russet chest and all." Hazelshade hummed, mildly impressed. Someone had chosen it well, though when she tried to think who she came up blank, and she knew better than to poke around in that void. "A bird name," her favourite, but she would try not to go picking those with the apprentices. "Are you a bird at heart, Whinchatpaw, like so many of us in SkyClan?" She was intrigued to know, regardless of whether or not he liked the trees. Hey, she wasn't judging.

Whinchatpaw worked quickly and had a kind smile. Her words had started clipped and uncertain but she began to grow more comfortable with his presence. She sat up in a more inviting way, facing him with her paws tucked contentedly under her chest. "How are you healing?" she asked with a queen's concern, noticing he was protective of his limp hind leg.

When she wondered what had happened, she could grasp the hazy sense of the boom and searing tear in the sky. But why that had happened...? Her mind was like a tree with many broken branches, where she could step out and suddenly find nothing but air beneath her paws, something lost.

It could not be SkyClan's fault, there was such a sense of quiet and prosperity in her everyday, whatever day that was, and it certainly could not be the fault of this sweet apprentice. Though he had been caught in the flames, the scars on that leg clearly burns.

She would take this time to check in with him, and subsequently every cat who came into her den. She was concerned with the well-being of SkyClan even while it was their turn to care for her. Her concern was in the present. What she could still do for the future. "Clan treating you wellYour mentor; Your friends?"

Whinchatpaw finished quickly, and expanded her nest generously. Of course, she would not say no to feathers, nodding her assent. "Would you fetch me a bird to eat? We can use the feathers from that." Waste not, want not, naturally.

"Something for yourself too if you like, for a task well done. Good lad," she purred. Privately, she hoped he would eat with her, if he had not been off-put by her nagging concerns for him... She huffed, as if tired out, laying her head back on her paws.
♡ ♡ ♡
Back to top Go down
banana

banana

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: a duty done well [c]   a duty done well [c] EmptySun 23 Jul 2023 - 1:19

◇   whinchatpaw   ◇

Whinchatpaw listened to the elder, discovering that her voice was soft, rumbly, yet full of life. He could imagine her as a pleasant companion and friend. "Are you a bird at heart, Whinchatpaw, like so many of us in SkyClan?" The tom blinked at the she-cat before replying, "I belong in the trees... but I can't fly anymore."

Like a bird with clipped wings, the apprentice often kept his sights above; stuck on the forest floor. As a kit, climbing up Tallbranch had been one of his first achievements, so when reality hit him, he had been devastated. Coming to terms with his predicament hadn't been easy, especially when he had shown such promising ability. Eventually, Whinchatpaw realized he should be grateful he was alive.

Careful not to send the dust scattering, he swept some of it out the entrance. "I'm alright." he answered, more to himself than to Hazelshade. A burden still weighed in his chest however, nagging at him to stop keeping his feelings to himself. The apprentice bit down on his tongue, conflicted between finally letting his guard down when he had spent so long holding it up."I hate the way my leg won't do what I tell it to do. It drags, uselessly. I-I can't climb anymore, and when I jump, it flails in the air- it's... it's never going to heal." he finally said.

Now that he started, the words tumbled out of his maw like a torrent of water gushing down a stream. "Yes. Silverwing is like a mother to me, and... I have a friend. We've been friends from when we were kits. She's a warrior now, but we still find time for each other." he mewed, glancing back up when the elder requested for food. Whinchatpaw rose and quickly ducked outside to pick out a nice meal for her. He wouldn't feel satisfied with his work if it wasn't truly completed.

The apprentice returned with a small chaffinch and a robin that was just slightly larger, placing them both at Hazelshade's paws. She seemed tired, as if conversation had been strenuous enough to sap her of energy. Whinchatpaw tilted his head, silently asking if it was alright to lay next to her.

Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: a duty done well [c]   a duty done well [c] EmptyWed 2 Aug 2023 - 2:04

♡ ♡ ♡
A bird who couldn't fly anymore? Hazelshade's eyes softened. Even an old one like her leaped through the trees on occasion. She might have opened her mouth to tell the apprentice he was wrong, but she wanted to be gentle with Whinchatpaw, and shut her mouth again with a small click. Tsk.

It had not been intended as a cruel question. He swept the dust in the entrance, telling her he was alright, but it was almost to himself. "You can hope for better than alright," Hazelshade huffed, almost as quietly. He he had had hopes. Hazelshade could see see the tension in his jaw like the heaviness in a sky full of rain. And then he let it fall. His guard came down.

Hazelshade listened with a sympathetic ear. "Maybe so. Maybe it's never going to heal," she said eventually, blinking at him. "Be surprised what you can do with three legs, though." She flicked her tail in playful challenge. She had seen a lot of injuries in her life.

Whinchatpaw told Hazelshade about his mentor and his childhood friend. It was sweet and brought a smile to the old she-cat's face. "Silverwing..." she repeated, hoping she would remember it. "That's lovely," both the name and the motherly cat, she was sure.

"Friends that long, you must be close," Hazelshade purred. "Congratulations to your friend." Hazelshade rested her chin on her paws, peering after Whinchatpaw as he ducked outside and limped off to get her food. Like the sky changed, so could a life, in an instant. Hazelshade know longer remembered the pattern of her life. All she could do was be in the ever-changing present.

And she liked it here now with Whinchatpaw. When Whinchatpaw tilted his head with a look at the space next to her, Hazelshade tipped her head in invitation. She sniffed at his choices of food appreciatively. "Thank you, Whinchatpaw," she purred.

"I fancy the chaffinch," she decided. "I don't eat as much at my age. A growing young cat needs to eat," she slid the robin towards him. It had a red chest like him.

She was happy for him to settle down beside her and gave the top of his head a few motherly licks, hoping she had not overwhelmed him. "You can find happiness wherever you are," she assured. "Look at me, I am broken and old but I am happy."
♡ ♡ ♡
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a duty done well [c]   a duty done well [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

a duty done well [c]
Page 1 of 1