Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

the land down under (open)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6739

the land down under (open) Empty
PostSubject: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 11:21 am

Though he spent most of his time nearer to the River border, Felix could never stay in one place for too long. So though he remained nearby, he found himself walking through different parts of the town. This one was especially close to where Perch had left him. He hadn't seen her since. If he looked closely enough at the fence, at the border between the stone pavement and the softer grasses smelling strongly of ferns and bird feathers, he could almost see her walking away. But of course he couldn't. That was just his imagination. What he did see was a bird on top of the fence. One with its back to him. It was too good a chance to pass up... and he was hungry anyway. He crouched still for a moment, making sure that his prey wouldn't see him move out of the corner of its eye. Then, in a swift movement, he jumped.

Unfortunately, a loud sound from further away startled the bird just as he leapt. He landed right where it had been moments before as it fluttered off into the Clan territory's trees. Felix frowned in annoyance, staring after it. His tail lashed once. That had been unfortunate. But what was the source of the sound? Rogue, kittypet or wild cat?

Felix tried to catch a bird and failed. -3 SP

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~

Last edited by Ash on Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15129

PostSubject: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 11:21 am

The member 'Ash' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

the land down under (open) Mistpe10
the land down under (open) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

PostSubject: Re: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 1:19 pm

WASTE IT ON FIXING ALL THE PROBLEMS
THAT YOU MADE IN YOUR OWN HEAD

With Thyme in his life now there were rarely days he was out of the nursery watching over her. Rarely any days he had to himself, where he felt okay with going off on his own. Thyme is resilient, extroverted and ultimately reminded him a lot of himself, there shouldn't be any reason he felt the need to hover. Yet...he did. Every morning he woke up and Thyme wasn't within eye view causing panic in him like nothing before. Now that she had had a few days to adjust to Skyclan life, Foxtrot decided he would be comfortable leaving camp at least for a moment.

Foxtrot shook his head as he trudged further to the outskirts of the territory, perhaps he would catch wind of his sister if he patrolled near the Twolegplace border. The scruffy-looking tom jumped into a low-hanging branch. His jump was reckless and lacked forethought, as he jumped his backfoot missed and the branch cracked under his weight causing a loud snapping sound to ricochet throughout the surrounding area. Frustrated, the tom let go of the branch and landed on the first floor. Had his thoughts been plaguing him so much that he couldn't climb a simple tree?

Foxtrot huffed in annoyance and continued on his trek, though it didn't take long for Felix to come into view. Without a shred of hesitation the warrior approached the unknown tom, "What're you doin'?" he questioned, taking in Felix's frustrated expression and lashing tail. Would Felix turn aggressive at Foxtrot's approach? The warrior hoped not.

FOXTROTT1 SKYCLAN WARRIOR14 MOONS

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5716

PostSubject: Re: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 1:36 pm

A border patrol usually wasn't the most eventful thing in the world, for which Graywind was grateful for. Still, she kept alert as she padded along the twoleg fence. The strange smells carried on the wind made her nose wrinkle, but it was rare to actually find a cat here, though Graywind of course knew they existed. Most of them seemed smart enough to stay off of Skyclan territory, at least. The fresh scent of someone who wasn't Skyclan made her wary still, and even more because the scent was very, very recent. Graywind paused, then leaped to the top of the fence in one powerful move.

A loud clatter sounded, and Graywind blinked as her eyes focused on... "Foxtrot-?" Graywind began, then cut herself off as she spotted the strange tom before him. "Who are you?" She questioned, an edge of wariness but not outright hostility to her voice. That must have been the scent she had caught on the wind. "You're a bit close to the border." She added, fluffy tail tip twitching. And Foxtrot was outside of it... She gave her clanmate a questioning look, but her gaze was quick to find the unfamiliar tom again.

Skyclan Leader | Characters | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 7:53 pm

Felix didn't have long to contemplate his failure, as the source of the sound quickly made himself known. It was one of the wild cats. He didn't smell like the river--he smelled strongly of the musk of trees and bird feathers, just like the scent markers on the other end of the fence. The wild cat was accompanied by another. A molly who named the other tom as "Fox Trot." Another strange name. That, if nothing else, marked their wild cat status. Felix blinked at them for a moment, his frustration dissolving in the presence of new company. His golden gaze was unshakeable. Then he smiled. "I leapt up here to pursue a bird from my own side of the fence," he explained pleasantly. "but it flew off at a loud sound. I believe that was one of you? No worries, I'll find other prey. And I have no intention of stealing yours, believe me. I'm not that kind of rogue."

Since he already knew one of their names, his customary trade of information could not really take place. It would be best to offer his own in a gesture of goodwill. Perhaps he could learn from them... and perhaps one of them would be willing to spar with him if he asked politely. "My name is Felix. I am a loner who lives in this area. I heard you called Fox Trot. And, you are?" He turned to the silver tabby patiently.

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 8:27 pm

WASTE IT ON FIXING ALL THE PROBLEMS
THAT YOU MADE IN YOUR OWN HEAD

Graywind approached and her questioning look wasn't lost on Foxtrot, the tom looked down at his paws, looked back up at Graywind and took a few hops back. He forced a chuckle to break the silence and shrugged as if to say, 'I didn't do anything'. He licked down the fur on his chest and looked back to Felix as he explained what he was doing. As Felix politely spoke to him, he found it slightly hard to believe the loner wouldn't take prey from their side of the border. He knew that his loner mother wouldn't hesitate to do so back when they were kits. But perhepas he was being truthful. Regardless Foxtrot kept a keen eye on the tom and didn't fully relax.

While he was careful with divulging any clan secrets, he figured names were quite harmless, "Graywind." the tom chirped in response to Felix's inquiry. It was only fair if Graywind got to tell him his name, he got to hand over hers.

FOXTROTT1 SKYCLAN WARRIOR14 MOONS

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 11:03 am

The stranger introduced himself as Felix. A strange name, to a clan cat who had never known anything else. She wondered what a 'Fe' was, and what sort of cat would give another 'licks' for their name. Just... weird all around, but Graywind wasn't rude enough to comment on it.

Her jaws parted to give her own name, but Foxtrot beat her to it. Graywind glanced at her clanmate, Really? Golden eyes seemed to say, but Graywind wouldn't say it in front of a rogue.

"So long as the only thing carrying your scent across the fence is the wind." Graywind muttered, tail tip twitching back and forth.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 7:10 pm

Fox Trot. Gray Wind. Mist Paw. Were all wild cat names this way? Felix blinked in acceptance. "Well, it is nice to meet both of you, Fox Trot and Gray Wind." They weren't being very friendly to him, all things considered, but at least they weren't being overtly hostile. He'd met far ruder cats before. It might not be too hard to convince one of them to fight him; all he would have to do was jump over to their end of the fence. But he didn't want an actual battle. He had no intention of intruding. Perhaps if he had been here strictly as a wanderer rather than a pathetic loiterer. Was there some better way to get them to open up in conversation?

All he could do was try. "So that is where you live, then?" he asked, gesturing with his long-furred black tail to the trees behind them. "I take it you are not of the same group as the river cats, given that your scent is different. What are you called, then? Tree Clan? Or perhaps Bird Clan? Why have you chosen to live there?" Hopefully he wouldn't come off as too annoying for asking questions. If they were loners or rogues, he would engage in a trade of information... but he had very little of value to offer them. "I recognize that I have only been asking rather than answering. If you have any questions for me, I would gladly do my best to satisfy your own curiosities. I wander around the outskirts of this forest. I've seen cats that smell like river silt, and cats who live on open plains. Perhaps I could offer information about them?"

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 7:30 pm

FI'm not a stranger to the dark!
Felix's name was no more strange than his mother's - Rita, nor his own loner name - Kit. "Likewise." he meowed in response. Boy were all loners this close so chatty? Foxtrot couldn't remember the last loner he had interacted with, besides Silverwing but she had only been a loner for a few sunrises.

Foxtrot twitched his whiskers, he was sure Graywind would tear him a new one later if he gave any information away to this Felix. Especially if he was so willing to divulge information about Riverclan - who knew how easily he would tell others about Skyclan.

"Mhmm, we live in the trees actually. Like bats. We hang upside-down and everything. Suck the blood of our enemies to boot." he meowed giving the loner a toothy grin, showing off his pearly whites. The lies were absolutely idiotic though to an unsuspecting rogue, they could be quite believable. Plus how fun would it be if their neighbors believed they turned into bats at night? "Skyclan is the name." he added, that information was sufficient.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 9:30 am

The rogue talked, more than Graywind had expected. The mention of river cats made her immediately think of Riverclan. And the cats on the moor could only be Windclan. It seemed this tom knew the forest plenty, and the offer of information was tantalizing. The guess at their clan names brought a small smile to her lips. Treeclan or Birdclan certainly would have fit them. Before she say they were in fact Skyclan, Foxtrot spoke up, mentioning how they lived in the trees... And adding a few embellishments.

Graywind glanced at him, golden eyes narrowing slightly. Really? Her looked seemed to say, You are such a terrible liar, she thought. She fought to keep her expression neutral, however. It wouldn't do to call her clanmate on this in front of the rogue, after all. And part of her did find it funny, truth be told. Still, there was no chance that the rogue would actually believe that, right? Turn into bats? The idea almost made her snort.

"The trees are our home. We navigate them like other cats might walk the forest floor." Nothing anyone didn't know about Skyclan, of course. "You've traveled a fair bit, if you know of Windclan and Riverclan." Skyclan shared a tiny section of border with one, and the other was thankfully across the forest. Hopefully that distance would be enough to keep their foolishness aimed at other clans that were not her own. "You've met more than a few clan cats, I'm guessing?" No clan took kindly to trespassing, some more than others. She knew her mother and aunt preferred a more diplomatic approach than to immediately jump to claws, and given that this tom was only close to the border and not overstepping it, Graywind was inclined to hear him talk, at least.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:32 pm

Felix could not help but let out a quiet huff of laughter at Fox Trot's response. Did the tom really think him so naive? He had teased Perch with those superstitions, but knew for a fact himself that they were not true. It would have been much more interesting if they had. "And I can turn into a tiger when I fight," he responded easily, his tail waving once lazily behind him. "How interesting that we have such strange differences, despite being only cats." However, the name "Sky Clan" rang true. It fit alongside the River Clan. It did not quite make sense for them to be named after the sky if they could not, in fact, fly, but he decided that the naming conventions of forest cats would never make sense to him anyway. Either way, he filed that useful bit of information away in his mind for later. The place directly beyond the fence was Sky Clan.

Gray Wind seemed unamused by Fox Trot's tall tales, and Felix thought he caught her narrowing her eyes at him. She did not appear to be lying when she mentioned that they often walked in the trees, though. Interesting. He had climbed a tree once or twice, but none so big as the enormous oaks that loomed over the border. He preferred walking on fences and rooftops... but he could sympathize with the desire to see the world from below. It made one feel so free to look at the blades of grass becoming uncountably indistinct and small. How funny, then, that he looked down on the two tree-dwellers now. Perhaps it was a shame that these Sky cats would never know the pleasure of viewing the bright lights of a skyline from a sun-warmed roof. Then again... perhaps Perch was the only wild cat who deserved his best-kept honor. "I have spoken with several," Felix responded to Gray Wind's question. Wind Clan... that must be the moor cats, given that she referred to them only after I mentioned the ones who live in fields. "None from Sky Clan yet though, until just now. You are the first. Lucky you!" His pride was, of course, unserious, as indicated by the way that his golden eyes sparkled with suppressed mirth. "I find your ways interesting, though certainly not enough to join. I simply enjoy meeting cats of all different backgrounds and opinions. I learn more with each one I speak to. Traveling is what I do; I am a wanderer. Do you not get tired of staying in the same place all the time? Do you never feel the urge to see what lies beyond the pointed stones, beyond the mountains and the trees? To see an ocean? A city?" He was genuinely curious. How cats like Perch could stay put was something he simply could not fathom.

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 10:22 pm

He liked this guy, his reaction was everything Foxtrot wanted and more - someone to spit some fire back at him. It had been a while since he had had a good playful interaction like this with someone. The tom hummed his agreement at the response before turning his head to look at Graywind when she spoke.

Felix spoke of his experiences as a wanderer and the joy he found in learning about different cultures and he found himself agreeing with the sentiment. At least to some degree.

"I was a wanderer. For moons as a young kit, it gets lonely," he responded with a thoughtful tilt of his head, for once the time spoke with candor, each word being truth to him, "Not having a place to call home - not knowing if your nest will be there when you get back from a day of exploring wears you down." he elaborated. The black tom hadn't told anyone this and especially not to Graywind who he had rarely spoke to, "But I would admit I do miss the lack of responsibilities I had sometimes." Foxtrot admitted with a soft chuckle. He remembered it being nice not having to go on patrols or help the elders or rebuild camp walls. But nothing would be able to take him away from Dawnma, or Thyme.  

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptyMon Jul 10, 2023 10:56 am

Graywind smirked at the tom's banter. It was silly and ridiculous, both had been. She was glad neither seemed to take it so seriously, though. The two spoke, and Graywind felt her curiosity grow. Foxtrot's words were a surprise - she had always thought he was Skyclan. She hadn't known the older tom wasn't born to the clan. "I can't imagine what that must be like. Skyclan's all I've ever known. I've stepped away from our borders to go to the moonstone, and to go to gatherings, but we always return home." She murmured. "I don't think I could bear to be away from my family and on my own... But you both must've seen a lot." She was... Curious. More curious than a clan cat should probably be about such things. An ocean? City? Golden eyes regarded the loner, though Graywind hesitated. Foxtrot was Skyclan, she could probably just ask him... But Felix, she thought, must've been far more traveled than someone who joined the clan as a kit.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 12:22 pm

Felix blinked slowly in interest, peering down more closely at Fox Trot as the tom spoke. He had been a wanderer, he said? A loner, like him, as a kit? But then he had joined these wild cats. Interesting. Perch had mentioned something about inviting one to "join" the River Clan. It seemed that this Sky Clan did the same, despite being so standoffish toward outsiders. How did one join, exactly? And why would they?

"I would rather have a companion at my back than extra speed with which to flee. But I suppose that is where we differ."

For the companionship, then, he supposed. For the feeling of being in a group. Of being protected. Of being needed. Not something he had ever wanted, of course. He needed no one. He was his own cat. He needed no one... not even Perch. He simply liked her. That was different from needing her, and it had nothing to do with the fact that he was lingering for so long in this cramped town by the forest. Nothing at all.

Fox Trot mentioned that it was lonely wandering, that he didn't have any place to call "home." Felix had never had much of a home, but he found it better that way. His home was whatever nice house let him in or whatever shelter he found to rest under. His home was the sunrise in the morning and the cityscape at night. Who needed a bed in the same old place every night? "Why join Sky Clan?" he asked, genuinely curious. "Rather than the other groups in this forest? Or, rather than becoming a housecat or remaining on your own? I was under the impression that wild cats did not like outsiders."

Gray Wind spoke next. Felix turned to look at her, studying her countenance as she spoke. She seemed... as interested as he had been in the idea of staying, she seemed interested in the concept of wandering. Sky Clan had been all she ever knew. So she had been trapped in the forest this whole time? It seemed that the wild cats were not taught about the outside, but simply sheltered in their safe groups. How many others among them would never know how far the seas went or how deep the valleys grew? Tall plants, even taller mountains, stretching as far as one could possibly see and yet beckoning everything to be seen? Hills so high you feel like a bird? Never having the curiosity to look and see for yourself? "You'd be surprised," he told her. "The world is larger than you could possibly imagine. While you might miss what you know at first, all it takes is a few sunsets over skyscrapers to make you feel right at home. The whole world is my home, and the wind and the trees are my family. When you spend your life exploring and seeing things that no one has seen before, it's hard to feel lonely."

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: the land down under (open)   the land down under (open) EmptyWed Jul 12, 2023 5:46 pm

As Felix addressed him Foxtrot turned his head and nodded, it was a good question. Why had he picked Skyclan? "It was the first one I stumbled upon I 'spose. I walked for days and days, I couldn't count the sunrises and sunsets that I traveled through Twolegplace, through your cities and skyscrapers. When I reached the forest I was on the brink of death. I smelled like it too. I prolly weighed no more than a field mouse!" Foxtrot explained laughing as he remembered his journey, "Well, then I was found by one of the Skyclanners and taken in and form there I didn't really explore much." he shrugged his eyes looking to the trees, "As for why I wanted to join a clan.." Should he divulge this information? Ah, it didn't really matter anyways. Plus it was kinda fun to tell. "My ma used to tell my littermates and me about the clans, and their spirits in the sky and the great power they hold - she used to tell stories of huge wars and how they fought like lions. I thought the clans were a myth. Until they found me. " he elaborated with an amused twitch of his whiskers, it took him a long time to get used to the clan's way of things. Especially the names and rankings. And while most of her stories were quite exaggerated and held little truth, they had led Foxtrot to his forever home and that was the one good thing Rita had ever done for him.

Foxtrot looked to Graywind as she spoke snapping him from his thoughts. Her curiosity was unsurprising, he figured every clan cat must wonder what it was like outside of the clan. Some he had met were quite traditionalists and viewed them better than a loner just because they were part of a clan - but the majority of the cats he had met in the clans were respectable and had the same curiosity Graywind expressed.

Foxtrot nodded in agreement, he couldn't be away from Dawnfeather, Violetpaw, Mistflower, Smokepetal, and especially not Thyme.

Having a connection to nature was something Foxtrot enjoyed in tandem with having a physical family. Feeling loved and wanted was a feeling he wouldn't trade for the world. Then again it was something he sought out since he was a child - he sought validation, praise and the love that his mother never gave to him. Skyclan gave that to him. He wouldn't give it up so easily.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner