Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

little brat (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

little brat (c) Empty
PostSubject: little brat (c)   little brat (c) EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 1:43 am

Dovekit wanted to be an apprentice. He wanted to be an apprentice now. He loved his siblings (for some reason) and loved spending time with them, but one more second in the nursery while Larkpaw remained in the apprentice's den would drive him insane. One more day of knowing he couldn't actually protect his siblings from anything. Just another morning where the sun rose, Pigeonkit jumped on him, and he spent the rest of the day chasing after her antics.

...Or so he'd expected. But today, Pidge was nowhere to be found. Which was, somehow, even more worrying than her usual troublesome shenanigans. What could she be up to? She hadn't woken him up today. Of course he'd woken up regardless. Sharing a nest with that many other kits meant sleeping in was not an option. But all morning he hadn't seen her. What could she have gotten into? Fighting snakes again? Teasing apprentices? Trying to climb the Willow Branch? Or maybe was she sulking somewhere? Had he comforted her well enough after the incident with Larkpaw, or had she seen that as him lecturing her? (Of course he had lectured her. She'd bitten him first and caused her own problem. That didn't change the fact he was worried about the little flea-brain.)

Well, whatever it was, he couldn't let her go unsupervised. Letting out a heavy sigh, Dovekit trampled the sand on his way out of the nursery, pale eyes scanning the camp for any sign of his sister. There weren't many cats about camp this early--they were either on patrols or getting some extra sleep after taking the dusk patrol the previous day. But he couldn't get distracted. He had to find Pigeonkit before she got herself into trouble. Even if, as he begrudgingly acknowledged to himself, he now knew he was useless against any real trouble until he got his training. "Pidge?" he called out. "What're you up to?" The possibility of no answer was even scarier than the possibility that this was all some elaborately planned prank. But he wouldn't put it past her. Somehow nothing got past Pidge.

Except her own stupidity.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

little brat (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: little brat (c)   little brat (c) EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 11:10 pm

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Pigeonkit

Few things managed to bother Pigeonkit for more than a few hours. Her feelings were fierce but fickle, changing in a blink and dwarfed entirely by whatever next possessed her. Which, while frustrating, was fine by her. Capriciousness made her feel a little more RiverClan. Ever-changing, like the waters they were named for.

But something had been bothering her. Consistently.She couldn’t trace it. Whenever she tried to think about it, her thoughts circled back around to Larkpaw, but he really hadn’t bothered her that much. She was mad in the moment, but a few days removed, she’d admit she had a weird respect for him. He was honest, if scary. She wasn’t mad at him. Was it that she’d been bit at all? Or that Dovekit jumped in front of her again, like he always did, except this time she’d actually been scared- scared for him in turn?

None of that felt really right, though. Something was just… off. She’d heard queens tell stories about fussy kits that could sleep on mountains and mountains of the softest nest materials in the forest and still feel a tiny, tiny pebble underneath it all. It was like someone had placed such a pebble in the fabric of her life, and however small it was, the discomfort nagged at the back of her mind.

But she tried not to think about it too much. She didn’t like being introspective, or thinking too hard about much at all. It was a lot easier to throw a mossball around camp by herself until it fell apart and she got tired than it was to think. So, that’s how she’d kept herself busy— rolling around in the sand, chasing and kicking at her imagined enemy. She was on her back now, mossball gripped between all four paws, held captive to the battering of tiny claws. It was, at least, until a particularly rough kick from her hind legs sent it flying out of her grip and into Dovekit’s shoulder.

Big blue eyes blinked slowly as Pigeonkit took in the strange shape of her brother standing upside-down. Her gaze traveled down- up? -to the half-crumpled mossball slowly rolling away from Dovekit, and late understanding caught up to her. Rolling over so the world was right-side up again, Pigeonkit kicked up onto her paws. “Sorry!” She chirped, hurrying over both to butt her head against his shoulder and place a paw on her tossed opponent. Her usual beaming smile broke out across her face, clearing the scowl that’d settled in her brow. “I’m not doin’ anything. What’s up? Didja need me for somethin’? Miss me? Oh, and I’m not in trouble yet today! I’ve been good.”

If you always take it on the chin and wear it, nothing will change!Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

little brat (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: little brat (c)   little brat (c) EmptySat Jul 01, 2023 12:07 am

Dovekit was a few more minutes of searching away from going to find Owlcall and asking for his help. Thankfully, it wouldn't be necessary. He was focused so hard on looking directly in front of him that he was genuinely startled when the mossball hit his shoulder. "Hey! What..." He trailed off, pale blue eyes blinking, following the trajectory of the falling-apart ball to the culprit. Pigeonkit. There she was. Of course she was just lying around in camp and doing nothing and making him worry so much that he felt like he was going to have a heart attack. That was her favorite pastime, wasn't it?

The anxiety turned into mixed amounts of annoyance and exasperated affection as the fluffy tom strode forward, studying his sister for a moment. She looked unharmed. She looked happy. She looked... normal. Good. Her paw on his shoulder was so tiny. He studied her for a moment, eyes narrow, trying to consolidate all the feelings swirling around in his head. Then eventually he gave up. Dovekit shifted his position so that his head was resting on his sister's shoulder. His long, fluffy tail curled around her in a quick embrace. "Pidge," he murmured.

He hadn't been willing to admit to himself just how real his worry was. He had always been anxious on behalf of his siblings, always looking out for them, always defending them... but now it was real. Now he thought of the loud screech in camp. He thought of sand in his nose. Bad things weren't only out there in the territory. They were here, in camp. Bad things could happen and he couldn't do anything about it. "Pidge. Do you ever... get scared?"

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

little brat (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: little brat (c)   little brat (c) EmptySat Jul 01, 2023 12:38 am

Pigeonkit met her brother’s blue eyes with a curious tilt to her head. She shifted on her paws, squinting up at him like she could will his thoughts into her own head. A squeak of protest started when Dovekit shifted closer, but she was quick to relent and allow the brief embrace. Dovekit was always serious, more than he needed to be, but… Pigeonkit shuffled again, ears turning back. The muddle of uncomfortable feelings that radiated from his pelt dampened the mindless reprieve play had brought, and instead shone light on her own unnamed worries.

Sitting down slowly, Pigeonkit leaned her weight against her brother, humming softly under his quiet voice. She almost started to laugh and shrug off the question, but when she tipped her head to look up at him again, she only managed to sigh. Her smile fell, drawing into a neutral line for this rare moment of sobriety.

“I mean… I guess, yeah,” she started after a second to think. “Larkpaw’s whole thing was kinda scary, but, ya’know, it was just a bite. And I guess-” Pigeonkit’s nose wrinkled in a brief scowl when she huffed, “I guess I kinda deserved it. Even if he shouldn’t’a bit me in the first place.” She snorted through her nose and tipped her head all the way back to look skyward. Clear blue, the pale sun shining brilliant in the cloudless expanse. Pigeonkit’s eyes closed to let green-leaf’s warmth soak into her fur while she continued to think.

Had she been scared of anything before that? Not really… not that she could think of. It was scary whenever she got yelled at, but that fear was fleeting, and she didn’t think it worth mentioning. She had scary dreams sometimes, in dark places where she swore she was being watched, but that didn’t feel worth mentioning, either. But she wasn’t scared of snakes or hawks or the river or other Clans or anything like that. She was big and brave.

“I dunno… maybe I don’t.” Pigeonkit murmured, blue eyes blinking open again. She squinted against the sun’s light and looked to Dovekit again. “I do, but I don’t think I’m scared’a, like… normal things. ‘N’ even if I was scared of somethin’, it’s not a big deal, ‘cause whatever it is probably isn’t thaaat bad, and ‘cause I can handle myself. Wait-” She blinked again, eyelids fluttering quickly, and leaned away from Dovekit to face him without craning her neck. “Why?”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

little brat (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: little brat (c)   little brat (c) EmptySat Jul 01, 2023 12:59 am

Dovekit rarely initiated physical contact with his siblings, other than a light cuff on the head for being stupid or a bump of the shoulder to indicate positivity. Of course they all cuddled when they slept... but usually Pigeonkit was the one who rolled on top of him first. It felt strange to be the one to hug her. But, it also felt nice when she chose to reciprocate. The fact that she was there, that he felt her breath ruffling his whiskers, was comforting. It meant she was right there. He inhaled her scent. Stupid Pidge. His flea-brain little sister. He worried about her so, so much.

Eventually words came flowing from her mouth. She leaned back slightly to make eye contact with him, and he was mildly surprised to see the thoughtfulness in her gaze. He hadn't been quite sure that Pidge could think. Dovekit couldn't help but feel a little bit relieved that she didn't think too much of her fight with Larkpaw. Thankfully, he (and Wrenpaw mostly) had stepped in before it got really bad, but she hadn't been injured, and it didn't seem to have affected her strongly. And she at least admitted that it was her own fault too. Would she have said that a moon ago?

Pidge is... growing up. We're both growing up.

At least Larkpaw had only nipped at her. He hadn't shoved her head in the sand.

Dovekit listened to her rambling, letting the meandering words soothe the prickling feeling under his pelt. It would be okay. Pigeonkit was still the same, even if she changed a little bit. Even though she wasn't really scared of much, she could handle herself. Most of the time. Probably. If he was supervising her. Okay, he would still be a little worried, no matter what. But maybe once she was an apprentice, and she learned how to defend herself--

“Why?”

He froze. That wasn't a question he'd been expecting. Pidge wasn't supposed to question. She just said things and did things and wandered around and did whatever she wanted to do. Dovekit blinked a little bit sheepishly, making eye contact with his sister, who was now staring at him with an intensity he hadn't been aware she possessed. "Uh..." He hadn't told any of his siblings about his own altercation with Larkpaw. About the sand. About the choking lack of air. He hadn't thought it was necessary. And besides, none of them really asked him, anyway. Until now. But he didn't want Pidge to be worried for him. He was supposed to be defending her, not the other way around. What if she went to bite Larkpaw again? "I... it's not important," he muttered, tearing his eyes away and staring at a fixed point on the ground. "I just worry about stuff, that's all. You know me. Dumb old Dove always chasing you around and worrying about you guys."

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

little brat (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: little brat (c)   little brat (c) EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 5:24 pm

Her prattling answer had been kind of senseless, even though she was putting real thought into it, but Dovekit seemed okay with whatever she said. Pigeonkit started to smile up at him until he looked pointedly away, muttering a half-hearted answer that made her ears flatten against her head. She stared up at him, fluffy tail whisking across the sand. She might’ve believed it was just honest curiosity, but why get shifty and hesitant about it then? She always does when she lies.

Pigeonkit frowns, tail continuing to twist, until she huffs and puts on a big, toothy grin. “Yeah, ya are old,” She agrees with a laugh. Then, she leans forward again to give Dovekit a quick, gentle nip on his shoulder. “And dumb! I mean, yeah, you do worry about us way more than ya oughta… but that means ya care, right?” Pigeonkit exaggerated a pout. “’N’ besides, you look bothered, and ya never ask me questions like that.” She was supposed to be the dumb one. She wasn’t supposed to have big thoughts about big things— she did, but no one bothered her about them. And this certainly felt big.

Her frown returned, and Pigeonkit leaned forward again with a sigh. This time, she just rested the top of her head against Dove’s shoulder, staring down at their paws beside each other. “’N’, besides-besides, ya’know, don’t I always tell ya its no fair? That you wanna run after every snake for us, I mean. Whadd’re we s’pposed to protect you from if ya get bit by everything before we know its there? ...flea-brain.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

little brat (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: little brat (c)   little brat (c) EmptyTue Jul 25, 2023 8:53 pm

Dovekit snorted at Pidge's light-hearted insults. Yeah, that was more like her. And he supposed he had deserved that for his self-deprecation. Still, she was far more perceptive than he'd given her credit for. Maybe it was a recent addition of brain cells as she grew older. As they grew older. They'd be apprentices soon enough. He certainly hadn't been as subtle as he could have been with his discomfort, but he hadn't thought that he would need to hide it from her. He shouldn't hide it from her. That was dishonest. But... he didn't want her to worry about him.

He didn't want any of his siblings to worry about him like he worried about them. Worrying was his job.

Even as he reaffirmed his own self-election as protector, Pigeonkit spoke, thunking her head down onto his shoulder with a movement that would have been uncomfortable if she'd weighed more than a mouse. Dovekit's heart twisted. "I don't want you to have to protect me," he murmured, feeling his breath stir the fur by her ear. "The point is to keep anyone from getting bit. But if someone has to get bit, then I'd rather it be me. ...Flea-brain." Another huff shook his shoulders. "But I guess I can't get anything past you, huh? Dumb Pidge." The tom straightened himself up a little bit. If he had to talk about this, he wanted to make it seem like as small of a problem as he could. "Yeah, I've, uh... I get scared about stuff. Like protecting you guys, and things like that. But recently that hasn't been all. After the whole thing with Larkpaw biting you, I ran into him again in the apprentice's den. We got into an argument and he--he pushed my head down into the sand." Lack of air choking his lungs. Feeble paws scrabbling uselessly on the shifting ground below. The sudden fear of something he'd hardly ever had to comprehend before. ...Death. Dovekit looked away, not wanting his sister to see the way his pale blue eyes grew cloudy. "I mean, he didn't really hurt me or anything. It just made me scared was all. And I don't like that kind of scared. I'm okay with worrying about you guys, 'cause I know in the end you'll be fine. But... what am I supposed to do if I can't keep myself safe? If I'm not around to look after you all because something... happened to me?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

little brat (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: little brat (c)   little brat (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

little brat (c)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp-
Jump to: