Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1017

Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]  Empty
PostSubject: Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]    Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]  EmptyMon 19 Jun 2023 - 23:37

SunpawRiverclan Camp

Sunpaw was restless. He had nothing to do, having already done his training with Brookstone and other apprentice duties for the day. She was out on a patrol, and he didn’t know any other warriors who might be willing to take him out of camp. Toadlegs, maybe? But Sunpaw was pretty sure Toadlegs was busy too, and they hadn’t talked in a while…

That left Sunpaw, restlessly pacing in front of the apprentice’s den. He was alone, and being alone meant that his mind drifted to things he didn’t want to think about, things that drove him to curling up in his nest for hours on end. He didn’t want to think about Twistpool, or his fight with Rookpaw, or his parents, because those things left him feeling icky and awful and he just really didn’t want to deal with that right then.

Finally, Sunpaw slowed his pacing as something caught his eye. A kit, sitting seemingly by himself, outside of the nursery. He tilted his head a little bit to the side. Well, kits always liked to play, and he knows that when he was younger he loved it when the apprentices and warriors gave him the time of day. The kit was by himself, which was a lonely way to be, and entertaining a kit seemed as good of a way to distract himself as any other.

Decision made, Sunpaw turned tail and bounded over to the nursery. “Hey there!” He greeted with a warm smile. “My name’s Sunpaw, what’s yours?”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]    Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]  EmptyMon 19 Jun 2023 - 23:46

Dovekit was tired of not being an apprentice. Well, he was also just tired in general, given that Pigeonkit was determined not to let him sleep, and Swankit and Crowkit and Ravenkit weren't much better, and Owlpaw was too busy to keep them in line. He let out an annoyed huff to himself, staring off into the distance where his siblings were busy bickering about something or other. All he wanted was for them to be safe. Even if they were stupid and reckless. But all they did was squabble noisily and run around camp and get into trouble every hour of the day. Couldn't they be content to just... talk? Normally, for once? Any conversation would get instantly derailed by Pidge, or he'd get mocked by Swan, or something else would happen that left him entirely out of the loop. And that left him to sit here by himself, whipping his thick-furred tail around in annoyance, waiting for the final months of his kithood to pass so that he could at least have real things to stress about.

His ruminating was soon interrupted. An apprentice--the very object of his hope for himself in the future--had bounded up to him, a warm smile inundating the silence that Dovekit had previously been wallowing in. He blinked seriously at the cream tabby, pale eyes glancing at him. He didn't seem much like Owlpaw at all. He was an apprentice, right? One who got to go on the territory and defend against invaders? So why did he seem so... well... peppy? Sunpaw, he said his name was. Fitting. Yet, though the cheeriness should have been irritating, like bright sun in his eyes, Dovekit found that he did not immediately want to leave. A distraction was welcome, actually. "Uh. Hi," he said hesitantly. "I'm Dovekit. I'm going to be an apprentice soon... I think. It's hard to tell." That wasn't a very good way to start a conversation, he admonished himself quietly, but it was too late. Maybe Sunpaw would have a different topic to speak on. He'd answered the question, anyway, hadn't he? Perhaps he ought to have asked one himself. Belatedly, he stammered out, "Uh... what's it like, being an apprentice?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]    Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]  EmptyTue 20 Jun 2023 - 20:16

SunpawRiverclan Camp

Oh, this is one serious kit! He reminded Sunpaw of Rookpaw and Larkpaw, especially when they were younger. Super-serious faces on way too small heads. Granted, Larkpaw’s expression was always a little more scowl-y than serious, but hey, the point still stood. The comparison immediately made Sunpaw feel a little more affectionate towards the kit.

“You look like you’re getting old enough to be an apprentice soon!” Sunpaw agreed with an enthusiastic nod. Not that that was an exact science, given how long he and his friends had lingered in the nursery, but theirs was a special case. Sunpaw plopped down, tail swishing through the sand as he thought. “What’s it like? Well, let’s see…”

“It’s pretty fun! I like getting to know the territory. My favorite part is swimming, I’ve been practicing that a lot with my mentor, Brookstone. And it’s nice to feel like more of a part of the clan, y’know? Giving back to my clanmates and stuff!” Sunpaw nodded his head in an enthusiastic nod. “Are you excited to be one? What are you most excited for?”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]    Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]  EmptyWed 21 Jun 2023 - 19:18

At least this apprentice was nice. Dovekit nodded in response, allowing a small smile of pride to touch his face when Sunpaw agreed he was getting close to his ceremony. Sooner rather than later, he hoped! It wasn't that he didn't like spending time with his siblings... but he wanted to be out there, helping the Clan, bonding with everyone, and--well. He felt like others looked down on him. Maybe if he were apprentice, he'd be taken more seriously. Maybe his siblings would take him more seriously. Maybe he could actually protect them, instead of just puffing up inadequately in the face of a threat.

He couldn't stop his ears from moving forward in interest as Sunpaw described what it was like. Swimming... having a mentor... giving back to the Clan. "I'm a bit worried my fur will be too fluffy for swimming," he admitted, shaking out his pelt to prove his point, "but I'm excited to try! The weather's getting warmer, and it sounds like getting in the cool water will be nice. And I hope I have a nice mentor! And it would be nice to feel like I'm doing something instead of just sitting around here." Dovekit belatedly realized he'd been rambling a little bit. He cleared his throat and averted his pale gray-blue eyes for a moment, staring up at the clouds in the sky. "But, uh--yeah. I think I'm pretty excited. I'm most excited to learn how to defend in a battle. I don't know if you know any of my siblings, but I've got a lot of them... and I feel pretty responsible for them sometimes. I want to be able to protect them, if I can. Especially my littlest sister Pigeonkit. She's always getting into trouble." His tail lashed once behind him, but there was fondness mixed with the annoyance.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]    Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]  EmptyMon 10 Jul 2023 - 17:42

SunpawRiverclan Camp

Sunpaw tilted his head to look at Dovekit, taking in his fluffy fur. “You’ll be okay, I think!” He promised. “Mine’s pretty fluffy too. It can weigh you down a little, so you really gotta build up your strength until you can swim for longer periods of time, but it’s not too bad really! And yeah, the water’s definitely a relief from how hot it’s getting outside, especially when you’ve got thick fur like us.” Sunpaw nodded sagely.

Sunpaw smiled as Dovekit talked about his siblings. Sometimes he wondered what it would be like to have a sibling. Larkpaw and Rookpaw were so close, and Willowpaw seemed to really care about her sisters and brother. It seemed nice to have that sort of close connection; even if they were annoying sometimes.

“Sounds like a pawful,” Sunpaw said with a sympathetic chuckle. “I’m sure you’ll be out of the nursery in no time!” He paused, then smiled. “Hey, tell you what. If you want, I can show you a few tips that i’ve learned! I’m no mentor or warrior, obviously, but sometimes it’s nice to know some stuff ahead of time.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]    Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]  Empty

Back to top Go down

Indecisive feelings of enjoyment [c]
Page 1 of 1